College degree

What is the reason why people need to get a college degrees in order to get white collar jobs?

Jew them up

It's called "supply and demand." Barriers to entry reduce supply of workers and keeps demand high. Higher demand=higher prices. In short, it keeps wages from being driven down by sheer competition.

Oh ok now I understand

Art is a mathematical equation.

lol but wages are being driven down

No thats now how it works you fucking jew. As put it they are just fucking saturating the market with degree holders so they can drive down wages

That's exactly how it works. You just said so. By flooding the market with graduates, wages fall. Are you stupid? Do you not see the correlation between those two things? This just means that the next generation, or the one after it, will need post-grad degrees to reach the same wages as current ones.

By the way, that's a knock-on effect from opening up student loans to everyone. They cost-shifted tuition so everyone could "afford" it. It's the same shit with health insurance; nobody actually pays the price, so medical costs remain inflated.

Its the first and arguably the hardest indoctrination of the process.
Once someone has done 4 odd years of it, the brain softened enough and the will is broken enough for a corporate entity to take over.

Well I'm an engineer, the skills and knowledge I learned in college are directly applicable to my day to day work. This is a minority, but one of the best reasons to go to college.

>"By the way, that's a knock-on effect from opening up student loans to everyone"

Yeah we had the whole OWS movement people bitching about student loans handicapping them and not being able to find those dream jobs while in the same breath shaming people for not seeking higher education

They need to make sure you're invested in being a debt slave, otherwise they can't trust you.

>In short, it keeps wages from being driven down by sheer competition.
>Are you stupid?

No, but your frontal lobe is damaged, chaim

The cost shifting never stops. And all the left wants to talk about is how to fix student loans—nothing about actually lowering tuition costs. Again, to use health insurance as an example, every fucking band-aid slapped on healthcare has to do with fucking with insurance prices and coverage, totally ignoring the fact that stepping into an emergency room results in a $450 charge regardless of treatment or injury. Of COURSE insurance rates are going to be high if they have to cover that shit.

Would you hire someone off the street with no credentials?

Question: do immigrants devalue low-skill wages?
If yes, do you not grasp that a similar effect will happen on high-skilled wages if everyone is immediately eligible?

>have prior work experience in field
>"gee well id like to hire but id feel more comfortable if you had a degree and studied in the field"

Most jobs will substitute experience for degrees, faggot. It's about demonstrated competence.

Where do you get white collar job experience without a degree?

Its called HR faggot

Yes, trust the women and blacks in HR.

Sounds to me like faggot is out of work and bitcoin trading isn't working out like you hoped it would.

My sister works some bullshit job in HR, and it is ENTIRELY infested with blacks and women. Not a single man, and she's the only white. No idea how she can stand it.

Companies initially decided to not hire niggers.
> Courts say you can't not hire niggers
Companies decide to then give IQ tests
> Courts say you can't give IQ tests because niggers
So now companies say, college degree required.

Actually, I want to change my answer to this one

>What is the reason why people need to get a college degrees in order to get white collar jobs?

boomers.

HR, Human Resources 'people', are just the political commissars of the corporate world. I fucking hate them with a passion.

"think like a kike" degree.

it's actually slightly more complicated than just boomers, though....

You're running a company. You need to hire someone for a white collar, desk job type career. Someone who has a decent understanding of business and knows how to use business computer systems. You're going to hire the kid who's been to business school over the kid who didn't go to college and has worked blue collar jobs.

HR - the demon beast that's ruining corporate America.

if you have a vagina you need a degree.

To become an economic blackhole that saps wealth from people who actual provide a good/service

no, YOU are going to hire that person
I hire people who are good at their job, I dont give a fuck about schooling

I'm a software engineer and I didn't.

While it's true that American universities have become much more like country clubs than traditional centers of scholarship, and that earning a college degree isn't quite as good an indicator of earned income as it used to be, in theory earning a college degree is proof to many potential employers of your dedication and in your ability to succeed in a structured environment. Don't hate me for this. I'm not saying it's right or terribly efficient, but it's the way things turned out.

i applied for university in 2003
they refused me
so i burned down their library 150,000 books

Because the supreme court made it illegal to use IQ tests in hiring. College degrees were a legally acceptable rough proxy for many years. Nowadays all a college degree says is you are at most only slightly retarded, but at least they say that much so why not require them if it saves you at least 5% of your time filtering candidates.

Because requiring a college degree legally filters out 95% of a certain racial group that nobody wants to have to work with