Hunter x hunter threads

How do you feel about the Chimera Ant arc?

Do you think it was good or bad?

>threads
I don't know why I made this plural.

O

>too long
>kek'd a little when Beegirl was shot
>SSJ Gon was nice
>had a tear in my eye when the loli antgirl got home to her mom

It's a great arc. Also has Togashi's best pages and spreads.

One of the best shounen arcs despite the negative things people say about it.

Favorite arc of the series but i found it odd that he introduced a bunch of new characters and developed them more than the previously established ones. Even if they're going to be relevant in the future that was still a pretty bold move.

I think it´s very emotional, but the end is quite "meh"

Managed to feel too long and rushed all at once.

Felt like at the end it was "oh shit, i have to wrap up all these characters"

Also Pitou is still best girl

>they're going to be relevant in the future
wew

Togashi is doing art for bands, festivals and shit.
Just draw the manga you fuck, I want to finsh this before I'm 50.

He will burn in hell with miura

It was perfect

Had its ups and downs, definitely quite long, but the ending more than made up for it. Really liked the end where the little girl came back for her mother. Even though it only meant the inevitable, her mother still fully accepted her as she was and that was really fucking sweet amidst all the crazy shit.

>girl

It's fucking brilliant. Absolutely the best arc. I can understand the complaint that it's too long or that it drags in some parts, but I personally enjoyed every moment of it. It also may or may not have caused me to shed tears for the first time in a long while.

Why didn't the boy go back as well? Didn't he remember his human self as well?

Yes girl and the best one

the boy is colt and no he doesn't remember anything besides the name of his sister

Pure kino

Way too long, I can tell it was written/made with long breaks between sections, some strange character decisions throughout, I thought a lot of the characters introduced were ultimately boring but we spend so much time with them trying to flesh them out but it was a wasted effort on me, ending has an emotional touch but I stopped caring. I have literally never met anyone besides anons on Sup Forums who like it, my initial reaction to it was that Togashi was either high out of his mind on opiates, or losing it because of his back pain.

During the time the CA arc was going on in the anime, I watched every episode of it super fucking high and when it got to the infiltration parts and how they explained every little detail I felt I was actually part of it and going at/experiencing their speed. It was amazing. I don't think I'll ever feel like that ever again.

why not have just used raid

>some strange character decisions throughout
I'm curious, what did you find strange?

>I have literally never met anyone besides anons on Sup Forums who like it,
i.e 2 people

The infiltration part in the anime was a little too slow for my taste. The narrator probably had more lines during that arc than everyone else combined.

I hated it originally and avoided watch it in the 2011 anime until I decided to give it a try.
By the end of the arc I was crying about the King's death like a bitch.

A lot of stuff from the Cell Saga was copied into the CA arc, the King felt like a Chinese bootleg ripoff of Cell to me.

>A lot of stuff from the Cell Saga was copied into the CA arc
Like what?
>the King felt like a Chinese bootleg ripoff of Cell to me
How are they similar at all?
Is this bait?

they're similar in the whole perfect being schtick and visual similarities. But meruem is far more well developed as a character.

Cried like a bitch during ending but still fucking hated the arc overall. Some much time was spend building the arc only to for it go practically fucking nowhere, outside of a handful of character actually getting developed and even more dead characters .

I nearly dropped the anime because of the infiltration part. You have like 10 seconds of fighting stretched out for 20 minutes in multiples episodes. And there's the narrator just stating things they could have easily shown, which would have been faster.
The rest of the arc made up for it though, so I'm not too mad.

They both nearly got killed by a huge explosion and came back even stronger than before

One of the best arcs in anime, user. Anyone who says otherwise has such shit taste they must be japanese.

I loved it.

People complain about its length which is understandable, but with a little patience, it'll all be worth it.

> I have literally never met anyone besides anons on Sup Forums who like it
So no one worth of note.

The arc is widely regarded as the best HxH arc damn near everywhere, not just on this site, you being a contrarian does change that.

I felt it was exceptional on the merit of it's peculiar storytelling devices and the metaphors included in the meruem vs netero.

It's filled with brilliant moments but also has some of the worst moments in the show for me. A lot of nothing happening for periods of time and some of the more obnoxious villains in series history.

should have just dropped a tactical nuke on the compound from the beginning instead of sacrificing so many lives.

Shit writing.

It had both the best and the worst parts of the show.

>you being a contrarian does change that.
I always knew my opinion was valued so greatly.
But seriously just because it's popular doesn't make it good, I personally hated it and everyone who I actually know and isn't just some user on Sup Forums or any other site for that matter basically has the same opinion as

King did nothing wrong.

All he wanted to do was play Gungi with his silly loli.

Leave Meruem to me

I liked the phantom troupe arc the best

>loli

;-;

So what if your gaggle of nobodies didn't like it?

So it being popular and being well received across the board doesn't mean shit, if it's bad to you and your buddies, that somehow means it's actually bad? That's pathetic.

>holding hands in the dark
What a sick perverted bastard.

>the never ending Great Hiatus Arc
at least Berserk is back for now

That's how HxH works with nearly all characters aside from Gon and Killua

Explained in show why that didn't happen and logically why that wouldn't be feasible.

What this arc really does well is weed out all the low intelligence ADHD children out of the woodworks.

Kurapika is a GIRL.

GIRL!!!!!!

I don't even know how to respond to this, OP asked for opinions and I gave mine, I'm not pretending to be an arbiter of objective quality or anything and I don't know why you're getting defensive or whatever it is you're doing.

>Berserk finally got off the boat and is getting new chapters
>HxH is now stuck on a boat in hiatus limbo

While we're here, what do you guys think of Greed Island? I kept hearing it was the low point of the series, but I found it thoroughly enjoyable, even though none of the new characters in it were anything special or memorable. It was no Yorknew but at least it had me more engaged than 85% of the Heavens Arena arc.

PHANTOM TROUPE WAS BEST ARC

>get on the boat
>immediately on hiatus
There's no way he didn't do this on purpose.
I think it was good but that people dislike it because it lacks emotional impact Yorkshin or CA has. I honestly believe the dodgeball match and Genthru fight are better than anything in Yorkshin.

So what was Netero's plan exactly? I mean like his plan before even arriving at the palace. Was he just going to ride in with Zeno and duke it out with Meruem in the palace? Were Zeno and Silva supposed to help Netero take out the King? I doubt it because it's kind of shown that Netero wanted to 1v1 someone who could probably beat him for the first time in like 80 years. Anyway it's really convenient that Zeno happened to injure this one human that Meruem cared about and so he was cool with jumping onto Zeno's dragon and fighting like 50km away from the palace, if Komugi didn't exist, and they didn't know Komugi existed, and they just showed up in front of him and he was like okay 1v1 me fgt, and then Netero lost, that bomb in him would have vaporised the palace, killing all his comrades, and probably the crowd in front of the palace, it's like he knew there would be a plot device staying the king's hand in advance or something. And Netero knew there was a real chance that he would lose since he went to the trouble of getting a nuke implanted in him. Did any of the others know that Netero had a nuke inside of him? If they did they should have just gone "fuck you old man" and dropped a bomb on that palace days before the intended invasion before the civilians started gathering, since letting the palace get nuked seems to have been considered an acceptable sacrifice from the beginning. And if they didn't know, was Netero really cool with potentially killing all his comrades, thousands of civilians, and two 12yr olds just so he could 1v1 Meruem? Was there some plan to get Meruem out to that really convenient weapons testing grounds like 50km away? I don't really see how it could be done since fighting Netero conventionally only kind of hurt Meruem and he was still good to keep fighting so I doubt even Netero, Zeno and Silva could have subdued him to get him out there.

It got amazing once Kurapika fought Uvo, but it was pretty boring before then.

The dodgeball match is one of my favorite moments in the series.

Don't pull that getting defensive nonsense when I called you out for your baiting crap.

If you don't like the arc, more power to you. But mentioning that you haven't met anyone aside from Sup Forums posters that like the arc is essentially implying that only people on this site hype it up as good which is wrong. Don't know why you thought mentioning your pals or whatever means anything.

I hated the entire thing except Razors gym and gons fight with genthru. I thought that introducing the black shaman wizard man who could do shit with nen was a good move though.

I hated the fact we were shown all these elaborate ways to put nen into use and Gon decides to go with the most boring and basic techniques to ever exist in shounen. I understand he's written as more instinct than brains but come on.

I found it retarded that they let Genthru and his friends get away even after seeing them kill people and know they will still kill

We should have seen them going to prison. Nen prison. That said, they seemed to feel pretty defeated.

The whole infiltration part of the arc was about putting these characters in unexpected situations and seeing how they would react to them.

Killua theorized the existence of a third party(Komugi) but didn't understand the relation between her and Meruem ripping off his own arm until he saw her himself. It's her and Meruem's developing humanity that put everything in a tailspin.

And btw, Netero isn't an upstanding moral man, he admitted he was going to hell for what he was doing.

They got smashed by two nen-toddlers and hulk in a dress. Anyone would start to question their life choices.

It has a lot of pointless ass shit. The actual important bits are fun though.

>Was he just going to ride in with Zeno and duke it out with Meruem in the palace?
The narrator specifically said Zeno's job was just to use his abilities to cause chaos/carry them far away
>and they just showed up in front of him and he was like okay 1v1 me fgt
He probably would just have smacked him away from the palace like he did with Pitou
>Did any of the others know that Netero had a nuke inside of him?
Knov did, he said to the others that there was nothing the royal guards could do even if they got to Meruem in time
>If they did they should have just gone "fuck you old man" and dropped a bomb on that palace
They weren't in charge of the operation, also they were all ready to die for the mission
>letting the palace get nuked seems to have been considered an acceptable sacrifice from the beginning
But if there was a chance for it not to happen, why wouldn't they try?
>was Netero really cool with potentially killing all his comrades, thousands of civilians, and two 12yr olds just so he could 1v1 Meruem?
You mean the dude who said he was "grateful" for all the bloodshed that made his meeting with Meruem possible? The dude who casually mentioned that he thought all the others were already dead when he was about to fight him?

All of this shit is spelled out for you in the series user

Why is it retarded? They rationalized that even though they don't like what Genthru did to get the cards, he was still playing the game's objective same as everyone else.

It's a game by hunters, for hunters. It's what you'd come to expect.

They did nothing wrong though, all the other players knew the risks. Sure they used some slimy tactics but you know what they say about blaming the game and not the player.
And also Killua admits he killed more people than them.

>the future of Hunger X Hunger
Togashi'll probably do another ten chapter run where he spontaneously kills some random character to justify going on hiatus for another two years to his editor.

Uvo vs Shadow Beasts was a fantastic fight.

It was okay. The Beasts had pretty boring designs, I think that kept me from enjoying it fully. Uvo's scream was bitchin' though.

Him and that boring faggot Killua powers are ass and I falling asleep just thinking about them.

>some guy we don't know vs some jobbers we don't know
Don't get me wrong, i liked the head chomping bit but i'd hardly call it "fantastic", there's a reason it only lasts a few pages.

That'd be an issue if he used it in boring ways but so far he's been pretty creative about it, like against Genthru, Knuckle or the ants

>preferring Kurapika chain bullshit to Gon's tactics

What fucking tactics? Gon pulled off better keikakus when he had the fishing rod. Besides,
Pika's power is gay too ,and I sweat to god if the he doesn't end up get his shit kicked in a spider ambush i'm losing my shit.

>Gon pulled off better keikakus when he had the fishing rod.
Fucking when? The only time i can think of was when he lifted a floor tile with it, and that shit wasn't half as clever as when he sacrificed his hand to land a hit or hid between his paper attack to go around Knuckle.
This is a whole new level of the retard "it was le better before" mindset.

Snagging the tag from Hisoka was clever.

First off he didn't even sacrifice his hand for jajaken, just for some kick to the face. Secondly, his best tactical usage of jajaken was against Genthru but Bisky orchestrated that shit so it barely even counts. You could disagree if you want but, I feel Gon was way more creative with that gay ass rod than he was with that his nen.

Not saying it wasn't but basically it was just an ambush, it's not his best strategy.
What did he try to do immediately after kicking Genthru in the face? That's right, he tried to jajanken him and it only failed because Genthru tripped and fell. Again, there was nothing he did with the rod that was more creative than what we've seen him do without it.

never

The final Komougi/Meruem scene is the greatest death scene in television history and if you don't agree you're a cuck lel.

One created the explosion because he knew the outcome.
The other one got nuked without an foresight to it and would have died without the aide of his minions, and still died from said explosion.

Shit comparison desu

>you're a cuck lel.
Cancer

You guys remember that episode where Gon and that one murderous nen hair chick go out on a date? Was that in the manga? That episode warmed my heart :3 and threw me a curve that Gon wasn't the sheltered boy like I thought but a fucking ladies man.

Complete dogshit.

Amen.

Yeah, it was in the manga

It also revealed that Gon is into /ss/

God awful.

I remember watching one episode of the anime where it covered about 5 minutes of content but delayed it through slowing down the scenes.

For 20 minutes.

Absolutely no progression.

The mange was ok because I could skip over it, but I mainly just dropped it until near the end of the arc when things got good again.

What's the worst arc and why is it Heavens Arena?

t. female pedo

Pitou is a girl. Gon checked.

Greed Island is way worse

>the shitposting has gotten severe enough for people to feel the need to ask if the motherfucking CHIMERA ANT arc is good or not
I started reading HxH many years ago, when a lot of people from Sup Forums recommended it as one of the best things they had ever read, half of the posts mentioning "dude wait until you get to the CA arc it'll blow your fucking mind". It indeed became one of my favorite mangos, and the anime blew it out of the water as well. Why is this wave of passive, sometimes agressive anti-HxH posting happening? is it because Naruto Shippuden ended? because there is no more Bleach? I definitely don't remember Sup Forums having this attitude a couple years ago.

Good. People complain about the length but I didn't have an issue with the length while reading it in one go.

It being longer than usual plus Togashi's usual hiatuses just made it torture while reading it while it was happening. Never forget that the Chimera Ant arc started in 2003 and ended in 2012.

The answer is hiatus. But for me is Pitou's death.