youtube.com/watch?v=51PjegTadWU
youtube.com/watch?v=QLwjDigdM6k
youtu.be/-TFpxXN8n34
youtube.com/watch?v=MFTxGRE0BZI
youtube.com/watch?v=iY36rgKYpqo
youtube.com/watch?v=xZxsk-uan7k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They are nice to listen to

Usually there are catchy songs, and it gives you a few minutes to check to see if your shitposts have gotten any (You)s.
Sometimes I'll watch an entire series I don't even like that much is the OP/ED song is good enough.

owo

If you don't watch the OPs and EDs you can't look back at them in a bunch of years and have it bring back the emotions and memories of a show.

because it gives you time to rethink your exisence as a whole.

you should. All but 1-2 are ass anyways nowadays.

Especially this season

Skippers will never get to appreciate the feeling of wanting to cry while listening to mid 2000s openings

When Avalokiteśvara Bodhisattva was practicing the profound Prajñāpāramitā, he illuminated the Five Skandhas and saw that they were all empty, and crossed over all suffering and affliction.

“Śāriputra, form is not different from emptiness, and emptiness is not different from form. Form itself is emptiness, and emptiness itself is form. Sensation, conception, synthesis, and discrimination are also such as this. Śāriputra, all dharmas are empty: they are neither created nor destroyed, neither defiled nor pure, and they neither increase nor diminish. This is because in emptiness there is no form, sensation, conception, synthesis, or discrimination. There are no eyes, ears, nose, tongue, body, or thoughts. There are no forms, sounds, scents, tastes, sensations, or dharmas. There is no field of vision and there is no realm of thoughts. There is no ignorance nor elimination of ignorance, even up to and including no old age and death, nor elimination of old age and death. There is no suffering, its accumulation, its elimination, or a path. There is no understanding and no attaining.

“Because there is no attainment, bodhisattvas rely on Prajñāpāramitā, and their minds have no obstructions. Since there are no obstructions, they have no fears. Because they are detached from backwards dream-thinking, their final result is Nirvāṇa. Because all buddhas of the past, present, and future rely on Prajñāpāramitā, they attain Anuttarā Samyaksaṃbodhi. Therefore, know that Prajñāpāramitā is a great spiritual mantra, a great brilliant mantra, an unsurpassed mantra, and an unequalled mantra. The Prajñāpāramitā Mantra is spoken because it can truly remove all afflictions. The mantra is spoken thusly:

gate gate pāragate pārasaṃgate bodhi svāhā

>Sometimes I'll watch an entire series I don't even like that much is the OP/ED song is good enough.
Yeah same here actually.

This too.
Going to openings.moe and having it play random OPs is also a nice way to find new shows sometimes.

People who skip the OPs/EDs are the worst to be honest, unless it's a rare case where it's really bad.

Too many spoilers in OPs nowadays. Skipping them is always the right option.

I watch them once and skip them every time after. I'm not really into J-Pop so I have no interest in just sitting there listening to the songs.

Usually has the best animation in the series, and pretty nice music. I look up OP and ED lists in the series, watch OP in the first episode it appears in and ED in the last one.

I watch something if I like it and skip it if I don't.

What is this autistic obsession so many people have with either "You HAVE to watch everything every single time!" or "I NEVER watch any of them!"?

youtube.com/watch?v=5ggke9pDUho

youtube.com/watch?v=51PjegTadWU
Sexy baritone.

Sometimes they're good. At least watch them once to figure out whether or not you like them.

Because this is lost on you.

youtube.com/watch?v=QLwjDigdM6k

i havent been watching much animeme lately but when u start a series i at least watch the op/ed of each season to judge how i think of it. its also a neat way to try to find spoilers

Give them a chance. Studios sometimes do really neat shit with them like revealing that the lyrics for Madoka's OP are sung from Homura's point of view. More frequently they'll do kind of neat shit with them like changing them up depending on the mood of the episode. It's just another way to enhance the viewing experience.

I use openings and sometimes endings as a gauge. If I'm so excited for a weekly anime that I feel compelled to sit through the opening to build hype or otherwise get me in the mood and to savor every second of the episode, it's probably a good show. If I can't be bothered and even consider skipping boring parts of the episode itself, it may be time to drop.

They gave you early spoiler or foreshadow

I would be extremely happy if uploaders included releases with the OP and Ed edited out. I always skip them and if it wasn't so much work I would edit them out myself.

It could change mid-season depending on factors like narrative advancement, or if a different version of the theme song is played, or if it would be a entirely different OP to server as character spotlight.

this so much

>hare hare yukai ;-;

Anybody else only watches the OPs and EDs on the first and last episodes only, unless they change mid-season or something?
There are some that I just can't bring myself to skip, though. Like Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon last season, even if fhána is a bit overused.

These. I'll always cherish the OPs and EDs from those times. youtu.be/-TFpxXN8n34

No. That's stupid.
Also, if you weren't using crappy releases (e.g. Horriblesubs), you would have ordered chapters.

As yes the old fansubbing isn't dead meme

I really like this guy's work

Yes, it's such a fucking shame. I always try to download from the groups that are still going, though.
80% of the shit I get is Horriblesubs, because that's literally the only choice which isn't just remuxed crap.
Now we have to deal with piss-yellow subs, stupidly hard to follow subtitles when multiple characters are talking, no ordered chapters and whatnot.

What about Coalgirls?

They are a BD release, which there are still plenty of. I was specifically talking about TV releases.

release group*

They sometimes preserve the memory of disbanded bands.

youtube.com/watch?v=MFTxGRE0BZI
youtube.com/watch?v=iY36rgKYpqo
youtube.com/watch?v=xZxsk-uan7k

I do too unless I really like either a part of the animation or the song (sayonara zetsubou sensei for instance I don't get sick of those songs and the animation is interesting).

nichijou and k-on ops are unskippable, who cares about the others

unless the op or ed is super good, my way is

Episode 1 = Listen to OP if included, if not the Episode 2 (if op changes, listen to OP 2 when it pops up for the first time)

Last Episode = Listen to ED (unless last episode uses new ED cuz last episode)

ill take a listen to the ED when it pops up the first time but if it doesnt start good, ill do the plan as i should.

this. only if the anime is good and there will be no fucking new seasons