Watched, Expected, Got

WEG thread

Blank

I've never understood the ones with 'what I thought I'd got'. How the fuck do you think you get something different from what you got?

In this case it describes the mood of the series as it progressed. It was pretty light hearted and comedic but as more of the setting and story got revealed it got a lot more serious.

>that Steins;Gate
add an emotional rollercoaster and me crying about 5 times and that's accurate as fuck

>liking reddit;gate
fuck off to Sup Forums normie

>being a faggot with no taste
hello, reddit!

>slightly above average thriller that doesn't get rolling until the second half
>meme "humor"
>autistic screaming otaku "characters"
you dont know what taste is.

Sounds like this guy had a bad day.

>someone bullied me once and now i can't enjoy well-written characters with good arcs and a fantastic plot
>i also didn't fall in love with best girl
>B-BUT I HAVE THE BEST TASTE BELIEVE ME G-GUYS
rolling on the floor laughing my fucking ass off

I wish people hadn't compared Humanity has Declined to YKK so much. Humanity Has Declined is good on its own merits but I was set up for disappointment by the comparison.

>someone bullied me
imagine projecting this hard
>well-written characters
sonofabitch wow, the pinnacle of writing. Haha, engrish is so funny right guys? Best girl! Cory in the House! Am I funny yet?

>nothing but rehashes
What's the point of starting these threads without any OC on hand? We've seen these before

>trying this hard
>strawmanning this hard
>lmao
lmfao pathetic

Enlighten me user, what about the characters is well-written

This smells like it came from reddit or facebook.

>well-developed interpersonal relations
>each has strong and distinct personality which evolves as their arc develops
>each responds believably to the situations presented and their reactions serve to highlight character traits and enrich the plot
how about tell me what's not well-written about the characters
b/c if your only complaints are ""hurr they aren't grimdark and there's humour" then you should probably wait until graduating middle school to give it a good watch

>I've never understood the ones with 'what I thought I'd got'. How the fuck do you think you get something different from what you got?
Sometimes the tone of a series changes.

I got what I expected but more.

pretty terrible

Their autistic over the top "personalities" are anything but believable. They don't act like human adults, or humans in general. Almost all anime nerds are under the impression that for some reason development automatically translates to good writing. Why are you so impressed by the most basic shit? Almost every story has some kind of development, even fucking SAO has it.

Fate routes ending fucked me up. Best ending

grrrrr, that last panel does not have one picture, grrr i am so mad because of that grrrrrrrrrr angery it's not supposed to be like that rarrrrrrrr

>characters in a fictional television series behave like *GASP* characters and not literal human beings
>but time travel is totally believable guys
as characters, they work, are believable, and have engaging and entertaining arcs
you are literally trying to argue "my opinion is objectively correct and why do you have such shit taste"
why don't you kill yourself

Any for Kaguya-sama?

>Starting to throw out le reddit boogeyman before anyone even put a space between their paragraphs.

>it's bad to want characters in a thriller drama that tries to get you emotionally invested to act like actual human beings instead of meme spouting buffoons
>>but time travel is totally believable guys
It's reasonable to expect an audience to suspend their disbelief over something related to how the plot works like time travail (assuming its internally consistent), not so much for with characters.
>you are literally trying to argue "my opinion is objectively correct
are you one of those cucks who doesn't believe in objectivity? Do you honestly think something like Batman v Superman has the same artistic value as a Tarkovsky film? Or in the case of anime, do you think Ghost in the Shell has as much artistic value as some shitty meme show like Mars of Destruction? If you deny objectivity there is literally no difference between these things, everything's just an opinion. There is not reason to consume art other than shallow entertainment.

this isn't about that specific retarded meme, this is just "i don't like your opinion's so I'm calling you reddit"

>>characters in a fictional television series behave like *GASP* characters and not literal human beings
>>but time travel is totally believable guys

Not OP (faggot) but I think anyone watches anime already accepts it as work of fiction. When they say or suggests the characters aren't believable, it's what they do or don't do in their actions in a particular situation.

>are you one of those cucks who doesn't believe in objectivity?
no, faggot. that's why i was trying to explain to you why i felt the characters were well-written and why plenty of people were engaged by the characters and story
but all of (i'm assuming your) rebuttals were """hurr but the characters aren't believable and basically i gargle cocks""" which isn't a fucking argument

i know i just got flustered
i concede this

So this is an old-fashioned CYOA?

CYOAs are huge images where you (usually) spend points to make a character for yourself and that's where they end.
Stories written by a single (rarely several) authors with many players voting on branching story options and controlling a single/a limited number of characters are called quests these days.

Hence why I said old-fashioned.

I don't really understand why those are called CYOA, but at least some of them are usually entertaining.

Objectively bad art is something that breaks artistic convention not for the sake of weaving an engaging narrative or making a statement, but simply because the artist does not understand the conventions. Mars of Destruction has a convoluted plot, poor animation and art quality, lacks any thematic weight, uses a royalty free music score, and has uninteresting character design.

Subjectively bad art means you personally were not engaged in the art, despite its technical merit. You did not like how the characters were handled in Steins;Gate, therefore it did not engage you, therefore it is "bad art", but that does not make it objectively "bad art".

>doesn't understand that reddit is everything that disagrees with me
go back to \reddit\ please and thank you

>I don't really understand why those are called CYOA
Well, there is a logic to it to be honest. You create a character or situation all for yourself, personally, and then roleplay it however you(!) want in your(!) head.
Quests, at least what is referred to as quests these day, are shared with other people, hence you can't really call it your own adventure. You affect the outcome, sure, and even majorly if you are good at convinving other people on the interner, but it's still not a personalized expirience.

Did you even watch the show?

It is though, they used to have all kinds of books that were CYOAs. You read a page or two about something and it said "Go to page 5 if you choose this" or "Go to page 9 if you choose this", so you choose what adventure you have.

Well yeah, but those are, as you've said yourself, old-fashioned CYOAs. You read them alone and decided what page to go to alone. You can't call a quest a CYOA because you don't play quests alone. There can be anywhere from a couple to several dozens of people, depending on the particular story's popularity.
These image CYOAs are called CYOAs because you are playing with yourself.
I personally don't enjoy them at all, but that's another story.

But user, it's a show about medieval economics!

I actually really liked what I saw from the anime but reading the LN is a pain I'm not going through

Reading LNs is a pain in general. Why bother when you can pick up a book with actually good writing and descriptions. And if that's not to your liking, even the aforementioned quests are often better than most LN shit.

No I meant specifically maoyuu's LN is an atrocious thing to read. Have you ever seen it? I can't believe they let something like that actually be published as a proper book. The story is probably pretty fine but I can't bring myself to read it in that kind of structure.

I hear the manga is good, though.

Are you trying to make me watch that show?

Not really, no.

you sure because Riddler episodes of 60's bat are my favorites.

kek, very accurate tho.

Spoilers to Kimi no Na wa.

To bring back a discredited meme

Steins gate has been a Sup Forums classic for a long time retard

>Sup Forums
>liking anything
pick one famalam senpai desu

so were the sadpanda threads

why do you just assume every you go is like Sup Forums?

>middle picture,
now im sad

great show

>Watched Railgun
>Expected Railgun
Alright then

>No jets

What the fuck are you doing

Fuck off, newfag, Steins:shit was only like by people with shit taste and hipster that couldn't accept the true best anime of that season

>Steins;Gate
>hipster
that's a new one

>SAO
>expected Cube

....what?