Dragon Ball Super

>Zamasu's ultimate attack is throwing a bunch of blocks
Anyone else become a bit disillusioned with Toyo after the past few chapters?

Trunks trained with the Z- Sword by slicing blocks

This is finally his time to shine in the manga

Time for Trunks to finish what he started.

Ouch.

That's a very nice pic.

He didn't.
kaioshin didn't even manage to throw the block even.

Damn that looks good, is that official artwork?

How do you go from Spirit Bomb Blade to cutting blocks?

>Goku has trained with 2 deities, performed an ancient god ascending ritual, has the genetic potential for zenkai boosts, been in the time chamber twice, and near endlessly trained the last 10 years

>Somehow some regular dude who is just a genetically enhanced human went unnoticed training in the woods to catch up with him.

Like I'll just barely buy Frieza training for 4 months if he had never trained before and was just always that strong, his transformations are relative to his base form's strength, he was the greatest of his race, had an entire galaxy of resources to accommodate his training, and he was a prodigy and some shit.

But you can't tell me that somehow 17 got to the point of pushing goku to Blue when there is already a massive gap between SSJ 2 and 3 and 17 was barely stronger than 1.

I forgot about those blocks. Now I'm curious to see how the final battle will end.

Best waifus
>Vados
>Cus
>Marcarita
>Chronoa
>Towa

>massive gap between SSJ 2 and 3
SSJ3 is only 4x stronger than SSJ2

Was was Fusion Zamasu not that much stronger than un-fused Goku and Vegeta in the manga?

In the anime, Fusion Zamasu was much more threatening

Why was*

It's the new Mary Sue Power Boosts™, that's how they plan to make old characters relevant.

The most retarded thing is, the entire premise for past-DBZ aka Super is Goku (and Vegeta) ascending to have power that rivals the tower that is Beerus's power.

Now randoms like Android 17 are giving SSB Goku trouble, implying that reaching that kind of power is pretty easy

>is that official artwork?

Yes but it's new. Probably meant for international release?

> not much stronger

he is untouchable in the manga. he just doesn't have that JRPG-tier cross halo shit

>Now randoms like Android 17 are giving SSB Goku trouble

Not only was 17 absent since the Cell Saga (so he could've been training), but Goku was only testing 17. Not going all-out.

Zamasu is strong in the manga, he is was just "holding back" when a drained Goku operating

>implying these aren't blocks of muh EMOTIONAL DAMAGE he is throwing

Meanwhile, anime Goku is holding back against Master Roshi while going Super Saiyan Blue x10 Kaioken.

Merged Zamasu had a terrible showing in the anime too. Between his personally having virtually non of Black's, being overwhelmed in a beam struggle by Trunks & co as well as the spirit bomb deus ex machina sword, I honestly took Black way more seriously.

>Shin: This is Kattin Steel
>Zamasu: This is Klangite

What did viz mean by this?

>he is untouchable in the manga

Manga Fusion Zamasu:
> Gets pierced by 10% Goku

Anime Fusion Zamasu:
> Goku goes all-out and only blasts half of his face skin away. Also could be explained by his fusion back-firing from Black's mortality. Goku BREAKS his arms doing so.

You mean
>A fusion between Black & Zamasu BTFO by Trunks

Was Merged Zamasu a mistake? They needed retcons and asspulls to have a chance against him. Not good.

By Trunks with a Genkidama Sword coming out of nowhere.
But don't worry, I think Merged Zamasu was just holding back due to all the emotional damage he suffered.

So Black is easily a more entertaining character in the anime.

But how about Zamasu?

Fusion Zamasu seems to be worse in the manga too...

>Manga Zamasu
>Doesn't give a fuck and regenerates

>Anime Zamasu
>REEEEE's and his right arm and face get fucked up

???

I think the face blast by Goku in the anime is comparable in power to his piercing beam in the manga. Both are bad writing imo, based on previous examples of "massive power gaps", Zamasu should have shrugged those beams right off.

>Like I'll just barely buy Frieza training for 4 months if he had never trained before and was just always that strong, his transformations are relative to his base form's strength, he was the greatest of his race, had an entire galaxy of resources to accommodate his training, and he was a prodigy and some shit.

So, just like 17?

When you're dealing with numbers in the billions or trillions, a 4x increase is monstrous, user.

>In the anime, Fusion Zamasu was much more threatening

Not really.

Lost a beam clash against Future Trunks and Vegeta.
Lost another beam clash against Goku by himself resulting in half his face being disfigured.
Goku then precedes to combo his ass and knock him out with Kaioken.
He got enraged and requested a power up, saying a weak God is worthless.
Seems to do ok against Vegetto only then to get rekted by Future Trunks.

In the manga Manga Zamasu utter destroys both Goku and Vegeta.
Goku gets a sneak attack in but Zamasu laughs it off.
Then he fights Vegetto who is compared to Beerus, he's losing but can't really be defeated since he's full on immortal.

Toyo can actually write, he is just holding back!

later episode Zamasu is fucking cringeworthy

N-NINGEN! YOU CAN'T PUT OUT MY LIGHT REEEE!!!

What do you think she's been up to?

>>A fusion between Black & Zamasu BTFO by Trunks

Except it was SSRage Trunks + borrowed power (base Goku/Vegeta + Gowasu + Shin + Human Resistance, Yajirobe, Android 8, nature, etc)

AND SSRage Trunks didn't beat Zamasu. He just made it worse.

It could be explaining with Frieza holding back against Goku during the Namek arc, but Goku capitalized on this delivering emotional damage that gave him the upper hand. Shin probably would agree and explain why Freiza might be stronger than Beerus.

In the anime Goku returned his super ball attack with a kamehameha, by himself.

Spoiler: Toei and Toriyama want to keep powerlevels in the series, but don't give a fuck about having them make sense.

TOYO TOOK DAMAGE

EMOTIONAL DAMAGE

But seriously outside of the Vegito fighting for like 30 seconds this is way better than the anime

Still mad about this crap

>Vegeta survives a genkidama
>Trunks KOes Zamasu using one made with a bunch of people, a cat and a flower

17 is the same shit than freezer, at least, he needed 13 years for that.

Freezer only needed 2 MONTH.

Not up to Tien, that is for sure. Bitch got told hard.
Probably selling her body like a whore now, though.

>Doesn't give a fuck

See: That's not the face of "not giving a fuck".

Leave the Tournament of Power to me

They also needed retcons so Merged Zamasu doesn't win too fast. Vegito having a time limit & the Giygas shit included.

It's better than being injured by a 1/10 SSB Goku.

>tfw just watched episode 86
>see that tomorrow's episode is just another No. 17 ep

I keep hoping that all of this buildup with nonsensical trainings and power boosts is just basically filler before the real stuff starts, but I'm having a terrible fear that this is actually supposed to be the big part of the arc, and the actual tournament will only be a few episodes.... and we might not even get a true big bad villain developed.... fuck

Don't kid yourself. Zamasu was far more threatening in the anime and he had an arseonal of abilities fitting of a God: ring of light that erased matter, ki constructs, lighting from the sky. His strongest attack in the manga so far is throwing a bunch of blocks.

That's litterally like saying they want to keep the evolution aspect of pokemon, but what the pokemon evolves into is random and dependent on plot.

Are you questioning the amazing writing of Super, buddy?

>MUH SNEAK ATTACK MEME
>MUH POWERLEVEL

Choose one.

Wasn't Kid Buu the only kill from the Genkidama before Zamasu?

>SSRage Trunks + borrowed power (base Goku/Vegeta + Gowasu + Shin + Human Resistance, Yajirobe, Android 8, nature, etc)

So fucking nothing, Goku and vegeta were half dead, the kaioshins are weak as shit, yajirobe is a nobody and the human resistance is inconsequential, plus the planet was almost entirely destroyed and even then, the power of the earth wasn't enough to kill vegeta in the saiyan saga.

>Lost a beam clash against Future Trunks and Vegeta
Together they only managed to break his halo

> Goku by himself
SSB Goku broke his arms and only managed to change half his skin color

>Lost another beam clash against Goku by himself resulting in half his face being disfigured.
Tbf, he didn't really lose that clash, both the beams exploded midway.

I like Manga Zamasu better. His interactions with Gowasu and how he grabbed Black out of frustration was better to me. Anime Zamasu was just Black's bitch.

>SSRage Trunks + borrowed power (base Goku/Vegeta + Gowasu + Shin + Human Resistance, Yajirobe, Android 8, nature, etc)
So in other words, things that shouldn't add up to anything on Fusion Zamasu's level. Goku & Vegeta were dead tired yet I'm betting they made up most of the energy.

Exactly.

>Gowasu + Shin
Stop with these lies, there are no scenes showing these two giving Ki to Trunks.

>Then he fights Vegetto who is compared to Beerus,

According to the forever reliable Shin.

>freeza goes to SSB levels in a few months
ok
>guy who was several times stronger than freeza and has literally unlimited energy/stamina gets to a similar level in 10+ years
IMPOSSIBLE DB IS RUINED

You guys are this retarded.

It's worse than having his giant ball attack pushed back by Goku single handedly.

Which means goku's beam was of equal or greater power than Zamasu's beam.

Manga improvements:

>Zamasu is still immortal. It doesn't disappear during fusion
>The potara nerf applies to Zamasu and black who clearly weren't gods
>They mention it not being Buu who broke them apart without forgetting that happened.
>Merged zamasu is far above everyone but SSB Vegito is clearly as strong as everyone though he should be given the merger and fusion multipliers.
>no shitty purple and green zamasu

That was Vegetto's attack, not Goku's

Read the chapter before posting

>people still somehow don't realize the insane power boosts given to genki dama by Goku and Vegeta

At this point I don't know if you're just memeing or retarded. Even a 30% power SSB contribution by either of those two would be stronger than the genki dama that killed Buu.

You mean some of the most un-Dragon Ball seeming attacks in Super & many pulled out of his ass.

He lost to trunks and was injured by goku

>His interactions with Gowasu and how he grabbed Black out of frustration was better to me.

Oh boy, I agree! I certainly love quarrels between same person couples!
Good old emotional damage delivering quality reading content.

Had to sacrifice both of his arms just to achieve that.

The fact that Vegeto isn't many times stronger than Beerus just keeps showing how retarded the powerlevels in super got.

>Beerus is supposed to have been entertained by Goku by himself, when a fusion of a much stronger goku and an even stronger vegeta only "compares" to Beerus.

>had an arseonal of abilities fitting of a God
>beam spam

wew

And guess what? Trunks did fucking nothing

Trunks was lucky that attack was in sword-form, so Zamasu couldn't regenerate after being sliced in half.

But in the end, Zamasu won the battle. He only lost the war because of Zen-chan

>Lost a beam clash against Future Trunks and Vegeta.
They decide to unite their force, in contrary to the manga.

>Lost another beam clash against Goku by himself resulting in half his face being disfigured.
Did you see how fucked up goku's arms were after his beam?

>Goku then precedes to combo his ass and knock him out with Kaioken.
Zamasu was still surprised by the kamehameha, you can see it clearly, even goku said "what's wrong?"

>He got enraged and requested a power up, saying a weak God is worthless.
Much better than zamasu jobbing directly to Vegeto in the same chapter where he appear for the 1st time.

>In the manga Manga Zamasu utter destroys both Goku and Vegeta.
Not hard to destroy a 1/10 SSB goku.

>Then he fights Vegetto who is compared to Beerus, he's losing but can't really be defeated since he's full on immortal.
Vegeto going SSB was retarded as fuck, did he know that punching him will be useless since he talk about not letting him regenerate?

He should have used SSG.

He was able to hurt merged zamasu at base form.

He should have go straight to the beam.

I just want to know HOW the fuck he achieved it. A simple two or three sentences of exposition would be fine. Just... how? He wasn't training with any of the Z fighters. He wasn't trained by Beerus. He didn't have a ROSAT. It just makes no sense.

I couldn't take him seriously when he was pulling random magic jrpg shit out of his ass in the anime.

>Complaining about exotic energy attacks from one of the strongest characters in Super

Grasping at straws are we?

Yeah, well, why in the world would you want to give Trunks the shaft in his own arc?

>>The potara nerf applies to Zamasu and black who clearly weren't gods
But they were gods, they just weren't the right kind of gods for permafusion.

beerus does sekret training

See:

Name one noteworthy thing about Anime Zamasu that doesn't involve Black.

>base goku and base vegeta
>SSB power

???

Goku's was even worse

10% Goku PIERCING Fusion Zamasu?

Zamasu was h-holding back.

>exotic
It's as bad an asspull as some of the other shit in this arc. I was two seconds away from thinking he'd start challenging the protagonists to a children's card game.

H-he was h-holding back.

>regenerates

Oh wow good work defeating him, a-at least we gave him e-emotional damage, right?

So you prefer generic villain #38 throwing blocks and getting pierced by 1/10 Goku?

Are you implying Vegetto being comparable to Beerus in the manga is more than fanwaking from Toyotaro? With even Shin being the announcer of this farce, oh the joy.
Whis said it himself: Beerus is like a castle and Goku & Vegeta are like little trees. Two trees together shouldn't even compare to a castle.

Super Namek God Piccolo when?

This, Manga Zamasu's telekinesis and utilizing Kattin the hardest material in the Universe was more interesting than Anime Zamasu's beam spam imo.

Offcial U7 contestants ranking:
1. Kakarotto
2. Lapis
3. Buu
4. Kuririn
5. Lazuli
6 Prince Vegeta
7. KamiNailiccolo
8. Kame sennin sama
9. Tien Shinhan
10. Gohan

He was holding back and could actually defeat everybody there, even Black.
I think he was doing the same in the manga, shame the terrifying emotional damage he got was too much for him to handle.

>Zamasu won the battle
Was there any foreshadowing or anything preceding the out of body nonsense? Even Cell's survival was from Frieza genes & Namekian regeneration. Zamasu's immortality meaning fusion with universe doesn't follow.

>energy attacks from one of the strongest characters
>asspull
>when the other strongest character like GoDs and Angels have far more exotic and asspullish abilities

Come on

What does a tree multiplied by another tree equal?

This manga arc is a joke

It was a Kamehameha of EMOTIONAL DAMAGE, dumbass.
Zamasu is weak against that.

I guess Majin Vegeta making a hole in Majin Buu's body makes him really weak too

I prefer stuff that makes sense, yes.