Looking for something relaxing to marathon

>Looking for something relaxing to marathon
>"Oh hey it's that magical girl show!"
>"No way it's all dark and horrible like everyone says, lets watch it"
>It's exactly that dark and horrible

I should have listened....the entire show up until the last episode was suffering.

Homura was too good for this world.

Now watch the movies, you'll like them!

>Homura was too good for this world.

She ruined the world that Kyubei was trying to save

She was just trying to save her best friend from the horrible fate they've all been screwed into, It's hard to have a purer motivation than that.

It's just sad that in the end her friend had to become magic Jesus and die for everyone's sins.

OP you only need to watch the third movie. The first two are just the show edited down to 4 hours. The animation is better but the actual differences are extremely minor. The third movie, Rebellion, is a sequel and very good.

She wasn't trying to save her friend, she was trying to be a savior. It was never pure.

Did we watch the same series? She literally breaks down crying about how she can't bear to lose her only friend after all that backstory of her trying again and again.

Did you watch Rebellion? It's clear that she loves Madoka. That's the only reason she's able to do all of that shit at the end.

She had terrible self-esteem and wanted to be less pathetic, someone people look up to, like the person who saved her a month prior.

If saving Madoka was her #1 goal she could've just wished for Madoka not to die in the first place. Even at the end she asks something similar to "what did I do this for?" (inward-focused thinking)

She does, but it's mixed with other things, like hating herself for being a fuck up (again)

She asked that because Kyuubei told her that all she was doing only increased Madoka karma thing and it was making things worse.

She does it because that was her wish. She stopped being human when she became a magical girl because the nature of her wish altered the nature of her being.

>She does, but it's mixed with other things, like hating herself for being a fuck up (again)

She hated herself for failing to save Madoka, not for being a failure in the abstract. I don't know how you could get your interpretation out of the show. It states clearly that the only reason she still exists, that her soul gem hasn't been filled with despair, is that she can still possibly save Madoka. And when it does finally get filled up, it's not with despair but with love.

Why did Kyouko and Homura love each other so much?

>She stopped being human when she became a magical girl

Go watch the show again. They still have their human soul, it's just put into the soul gem. They aren't some kind of fucking robots.

READING COMPREHENSION

You are retarded.

Why did Madoka NTR her for Kyouko?

Nah you got it in reverse

>She hated herself for failing to save Madoka, not for being a failure in the abstract. I don't know how you could get your interpretation out of the show.
Like everything else she does, it's a mix of both.

It's spelled out in the first half of episode 10. She's a frail outcast who thinks she's useless, and meets someone who isn't. Plenty of dialogue throughout the show hints at it - even after those loops she still wants to be remembered, is bitter about being bullied...

>It states clearly that the only reason she still exists, that her soul gem hasn't been filled with despair, is that she can still possibly save Madoka.
That just means she hasn't given up yet.

>And when it does finally get filled up, it's not with despair but with love.
She does love Madoka, but it developed over a long time - at the time of the wish, she only knew Madoka for a month.

Yeah, but that's still "I'm fucking things up"

They're actually both from the same (non-h) doujin series.

Hang on a minute, Madoka loves Mami.

Maybe the American remake will be more uplifting.

I liked the 4kids dub.

Is Hilda your favorite character?

I'm happy her and Molly were such good friends.

If the next movie ever comes out will Meduka and Hameru finally kiss?

That's forbidden.

>She does it because that was her wish.
Nice tautology.

But they are such good friends.

Friends don't kiss in PG rated movies.

>....
Fuck off

Madoka is PG-13, you know.

Doesn't Japan use their own rating system

Japan is an American colony and needs to ask us first. We can't have kids watching shows with Thematic Elements (non Christian religions)

I hope so

Japan has been ok with Lesbianism for years though.

Did anyone else really hate the second movie?

I mean I like its constituent parts but shoehorning it into a movie format meant that the ninth "episode" part felt like it was dangling, and also they had to add stuff like that awkward forest transition into episode 10.

It's just worked way better as a television show

The first movie was worse. Removing the amount of scenes they removed is inexcusable. At least the second movie's main problem was just the awkward format.

The recaps in general try too hard. The OST is overly dramatic, and they manage to make the labyrinths look plain because everything else is so detailed and hypersaturated.

Many anime directors have stated that the pacing of the show was remarkable. Every episode is important and they flow together and rely on each other very well. Episode 10 is especially looked at in high regards. Condensing the series into 2 ~2 hour movies completely removes a large part of what made the show so good to begin with and brings up a lot of pacing issues because the show was formatted specifically with TV in mind.

It removes smaller things too, like how the first two episodes have the happy ED which switches to the darker one in ep. 3 after Mami dies, to indicate the tonal shift.

And "And I'm Home" after episode 9

Not even in the top 10 shows from its year

Name the top ten shows from that year then, user. Put your money where your mouth is

Check Rebellion out.

Great blog, OP, but it begs the question,
Who are you quoting?

These were BD only things though.

Huh, really? It worked well regardless.

>Mawaru Penguindrum
>Hourou Musuko
>Hyouge Mono
>Nichijou
>Usagi Drop
>Chihayafuru
>Kaiji S2
>The Idolmaster
>Pretty Rhythm: Aurora Dream
>Natsume Yuujinchou San

this is why you should just watch the super fancut

BD series with the movie scenes added in

Damn newfags.

That was the year after. Only show of note I remember airing around Madoka was Steins;Gate.

Also it is fascinating how objectionable I find your taste. It's like you're trying to piss me off.

Don't burst a blood vessel.

Rebellion was really great. Nice quads btw.