Can some one explain the jokes I don't get in Konosuba?

Can some one explain the jokes I don't get in Konosuba?

>lalatina is a hilarious name
>megumin and megumin related names are "weird"

Just don't get it, are these hilarious/weird names relative to japanese or australian naming conventions?

I think Australia is racist

Nobody bats an eye at a crusader calling themselves 'Darkness' either. Australians are weird.

All of the crimson demon names sound like utter gibberish if you speak Japanese. It's like if you called your dog "Flarbenwargenblugen".

They're funny because they sound vaguely like they could be Japanese names, but they're composed weirdly. Pic is a good example of a similar thing in english.

I think the joke is that the crimson demon's names sound like baby talk or pet names. Ending names with ~n is like a cutesy type honorific like nyan.

I could be wrong though?

yeah but they seem to find the names she gives to pets weird too, so it can't just be baby/pet names sounding maybe?

Its like SZS, you're not meant to get the jokes since theyre extremely culture dependant.

They're fucking weird and that's it. Megumin is not weird to you because you're used to seeing weird ass japanese names.

Can you imagine someone called "lil Glaubersmithson"?

or

Cacassie?

Megumi is a name, Megumin is like a cute nickname

And her mom is Yuiyui, a cutified version of Yui. And her dad has an over the top name like an archaic, grandiose shogun might have. Like calling your son Antoninus Xenophon Pendragon or something.

>>megumin and megumin related names are "weird"
Imagine if someone named Jack was named Jackster

This is a great example, thanks

All their names are nickname versions of real names. Like if your name was john, your crimson demon name would be JONNYBGOOD. If you introduced yourself to everyone as "Hi, my name is JONNYBGOOD," people would think you're fucking nuts.

>Not naming your wife's son Antoninus Xenophon Pendragon

Do you know any new parents? Children are named the weirdest shit nowadays because millennials are starting to drop kids and they want their special snowflakes to have unique names.

Someone I know named their child Fairy Mae. This isn't even unusual.

>meh-gun-in
>lala-tin-a

That sounds frickin' awesome t b h f a m

>la latina
>the latin gurl

Fix.

Still better than "Lance Jack".

>MIKE TRUK

do not speak his name

>Not naming your son Mike Litoris or Mike Hawk

Lalatina sounds far too childish and makes anyone named such sound like a spoiled princess.

Megumin, Yunyun, etc., sound like silly nicknames. The fact that they're actually named that is ridiculous.

Also, Megumin's father Hyouzaburou has a name that makes him sound like some chuuni twat making believe that he's in a yakuza drama or something.

continued

Basically, the entire Kouma clan sounds like Frank Zappa named them.

>Dweezil
>Moon-unit

They'd fit right in.

hai hai kazuma dess

the fuck...

Megumin is just Megumi with an n on the end

>lalatina
>la latina
Guess Australians don't like spics