Can you survive the challenge Sup Forums?

Can you survive the challenge Sup Forums?

No

I did. Even did a second pass with 1.5 times the episodes.

Sometimes these days I don't even think I can watch a single cour show in 30 days.

>watching at X 1.0

That would make watching anime a chore, not a pleasure.

What kind of loser has time to consistently watch entire shows on a daily basis?

How can you tell?

>Watching 13 episodes a day every day
That goes beyond "chore". That's an ordeal. Torture even.

man I have a job

You sound like you don't belong here.

I know a guy who watched Eureka Seven in a day.

No, fuck that. I'd rather do Nothing But Black Metal November again than that shit.

I'd fail at day 22, Man Shoujo is boring as fuck 90 percent of the time.

Pansy teen drama is annoying.

>Challenge
>Not even 100 eps / week

That's what, 4-5 hours a day? I watched Gurren Lagann in one sitting.

>~4 hours a day for watching anime
A 30 week challenge would be better honestly

I mean, it's okay to do shit like that once in a blue moon. I watched all of Brotherhood in a weekend. But when you're doing that for such an extended period of time, that becomes a real goddamn problem.

When you consider you can marathon a 12 episode series in roughly 4.5 hours it isn't that much.
Even working full time you could fit 4.5 hours of anime in a day if you really wanted to, just wouldn't have that much time for anything else.

You can only lose something if you intended to gain it in the first place. Anything else is just delusions on the part of others.

Would be trivial if I didn't have a job and social commitments, and the ~10 episodes I watch on weekdays anyway.
Wow, you're such a badass.

I was just stating something, there is no need to be upset.

Watch 50/100 episodes of anime from a specific year each week.
You should be able to get 50 subbed episodes for 1970 onward.

I recommend trying it. I managed to find a schedule to make it work and kept at it for months. Ultimately I ran out of anime to watch.

Just watch Ouran it's self aware atleast.

I watched 19 eps of Haruhi in one sitting, including all of EE. Would not recommend again desu

Remember when Sup Forumsnons watched anime for fun and this very image was considered shitposting? I've done this many times without trying to because I actually enjoy Anime & Manga.

>watching at not x1.00
Who the fuck does that? This is just some big injoke that I need to lurk for two years to understand, right? Surely nobody does this for real?

I watched Index S1, S2, and Railgun S1 in 4 days this week

Crazy what not wanting to study for exams will make you do

>Surely nobody does this for real
You'd be surprised.
A lot of shows that are slow paced would improve by watching at X 1.5, you usually start with X1.1 then slowly sped up.
Also after a while you'll notice that your reflexes are more keen.

lurk more

Here the list I did. Not entirely sure about the order and some of the genres ended up being unfitting but you should get the idea.
Action: Avenger
Haibane Renmei
Mecha: Koikoi 7
Drama: Sola
Sports: Ginban Kaleaidoscope
Fantasy: Nishi no yoki majou
Comedy: I My Me! Strawberry Eggs
Mystery: Yakushiji Ryouko no Kaiki Jikenbo
Sci-fi: Serial Experiments Lain
Adventure: Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito
Slice of life: Ningen Kousaten
Thriller: Yugo The Negotiator
Historical: Kazemakase Tsukikage Ran
Magical Girl: Getsumen To Heiki Mina
Romance: Midori no Hibi
Supernatural: Kemonozume
Ecchi: Umishou
Harem: Kono Aozora ni Yakusoku wo
Horror: Boogiepop Phantom
Reverse Harem: Mamotte! Lollipop
Battle: Samurai Girl Real Bout High School
Shoujo: PIANO
This year: Freezing
Seinen: Narutaru
Josei: Gokuzen
90s: Haunted Junction
Sequel: Dirty Pair Flash

Here the list I did. Not entirely sure about the order and some of the genres ended up being unfitting but you should get the idea.
Action: Avenger
Haibane Renmei
Mecha: Koikoi 7
Drama: Sola
Sports: Ginban Kaleaidoscope
Fantasy: Nishi no yoki majou
Comedy: I My Me! Strawberry Eggs
Mystery: Yakushiji Ryouko no Kaiki Jikenbo
Sci-fi: Serial Experiments Lain
Adventure: Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito
Slice of life: Ningen Kousaten
Thriller: Yugo The Negotiator
Historical: Kazemakase Tsukikage Ran
Magical Girl: Getsumen To Heiki Mina
Romance: Midori no Hibi
Supernatural: Kemonozume
Ecchi: Umishou
Harem: Kono Aozora ni Yakusoku wo
Horror: Boogiepop Phantom
Reverse Harem: Mamotte! Lollipop
Battle: Samurai Girl Real Bout High School
Shoujo: PIANO
This year: Freezing
Seinen: Narutaru
Josei: Gokuzen
90s: Haunted Junction
70s: Umi no Triton
80s: Dirty Pair OVA
26-70: Flame of Recca
60s: Gegege no Kitaro
Sequel: Dirty Pair Flash

How the fuck am I supposed to do 12 or more episodes a day nigga! I work 12 hour days for fuck sake. I'd have to be jobless or take a month off just to do this.

A day has 24 hours.

>I work 12 hour days for fuck sake
That sounds horrible, I'm sorry.

I remember doing that. All 50 episodes in one sitting on a saturday.

Longest series I've marathoned in one sitting like that.

Bitch I work for a living.

What is the appeal to this?
>Watch a single cour [...] sreies in a day
That's six hours of straight bingewatching, something I've only done once (Prison School). Why would you do this? Making this a "challenge" in the first place defeats the purpose, it makes watching anime a chore/dare rather than something to be enjoyed.

I usually watch about 6 hours of anime, but not all of the same series. It's usually 6 episodes of an anime, then whatever airing series episodes I haven't watched yet, and then some episodes of another series or a manga.

It's less than five hours. If you skip OP and ED it's even less.
Giving up and making excuses before even trying is defeatism.

It's so you can #humblebrag about what a hardcore anime pro you are.

Better than fags with no power level.

I've already watches a crapload of series, and could easily cover almost every one of those categories, except for the 70s and 80s shit. I have nothing to prove by doing this.
My viewing habits of seasonal series has ruined me, though. I very rarely have the patience to watch an entire series in one sitting anymore.

Cour?

Come on user, it's the first result on google.

You seem like you have plenty to prove. Having seen an anime of every category is hardly a demanding task.
Instead of watching a cours a day you can watch an episode of a dozen series each day for two weeks.

Well, you *can* but making it a challenge and effectively forcing yourself to sit through a single cour? Just fucking watch anime, man. If you decide you've had enough for today after two episodes, stop. If you enjoy the anime so much you want to sit out the entire cour, do that. Setting "goals" for yourself isn't something you should do with your hobby, that's the kind of shit you do with work deadlines or exercise or other things you have to force yourself to do.

>Instead of watching a cours a day you can watch an episode of a dozen series each day for two weeks.
I already do that with airing series, but more like 30 series.

30 episodes per week is nothing. Aim for 100.

NEETs are just really desperate to have something to do and some kind of goal to work on, even if it's a pointless goal nobody will care about.

How is this possible if you have a job wtf

It helps get things done instead of procrastinating.
There is no actual force involved, just willpower not to distract yourself with some other menial task like browsing an image board.

Pff, you fucking casual. I watch 100 episodes of anime a DAY. And I don't even break a sweat. Why don't you lurk a few years before posting on my board.

I have better things to do with my time than watch 6 hours of anime per day.
Doing that shit consistently is just asking to get burned out.

All goals are inherently pointless, all that it matters to you is if you want to work towards it or not. It's not like the rest of the universe would notice if humanity blew themselves and earth up.

Truly there is not greater or more noble test of willpower than to sit in a chair for several hours a day staring at a screen resisting the urge to so much as drag the mouse a few inches and click something else.

You must be very proud of yourself.

There's not enough hours in a day to watch that much.
300 per week is doable, 400 is pushing it, 500 is a theoretical limit.

People like you shouldn't be on this board.

Whoa man, if you give away all your wisdom for free on Sup Forums nobody will want to buy your philosophy book.

I want to try that, but I have a 9-5 job and a social life. I can't afford to spend the time doing that.

I watch anime on the toilet when I have to.

24 minutes * 13 episodes is about 5 hours it's doable but you would have to spend your entire free time on it. Things that are longer than 13 episodes would have to be done on the weekend.

You can do it.

One trick is to spend non-free time on it as well. Things like eating can be combined with watching anime.

If I had 30 days with nothing to do? Absolutely. It sounds fun. I can't see myself having that kind of time until I retire, though.

>mecha
No

100 eps x 21min per ep = 2100 min
2100 min / 60min = 35 hours a day
user you're full of shit

>newfags

Watching >= 26 episodes in one day? Who would enjoy that? I can't watch more than like 5 in one sitting until I need to use my brain on something

When you are truly free you can do three cours each day. Maybe even four.

Don't fucking shit talk him because you're not efficient enough to fit 35 hours in one day

>memearrows

I hate to burst your bubble but you should know that some people are actually retarded.

How? I work 8am-4pm, have a D&D session every Friday night, dick around with friends or do housework on the weekend, need time for cooking and grocery shopping, go to the gym regularly, and have other hobbies like playing videogames and working on my car. This sort of schedule leaves plenty of time to devote 2-4 hours per day on anime, but not 6+ consistently in 30 days.

Sounds like your work isn't the real obstacle.

I've watched shitloads of series (~400 finished), and I've consistently watch 20+ series per season for about 4 years now. There is certainly no shortage of crap I've watched.
However, trying to force yourself to hit absurdly high numbers of episodes watched is just stupid. You're just going to burn out. It's the same for anything.
I also have other hobbies besides anime. I spend time doing that shit too, so I'm not going to spend all of my free time spending 6 hours a day, every day, watching shit just to prove to nobody (because who really cares?) that I'm "better" than them.

Think about it this way. You have a show that has really shit pacing during some of its episodes. Shit that actually bores you because of how often it puts filler in like reused shots that just take up time without anything happening. You can suffer through it, drop it all together or speed up some parts. Personally I just start skipping ahead till theres actual content, but theres at least an argument to be made

I'm marathoning all of 0079 with a friend in two weeks over a day and a half. Last long break I had, I played Persona 5 for 4 days straight. When I have free time, I absolutely love marathoning things, it's really just a matter of not having time.

>You're just going to burn out.
I can assure you I didn't.
>to prove to nobody (because who really cares?)
(You). And you're not watching shit, with only 400 completed anime you have plenty out there to discover. You can always drop things and substitute them if you don't enjoy them. The important thing is keeping the pace.

I don't have time for this anymore.

I can watch 1 cour a day if it's a good anime. But I already watched all good anime I know of.

Haven't seen moetron in a while.

>But I already watched all good anime I know of.
That's because you have to watch an anime to know if it's good.

Unless your total watched anime is in the 4 digits, you need to stop pretending you're not a pleb.

Once you spend multiple years in this hobby you start running out of decent shit to watch as well. I used to be one of those watch everything types when i first got into anime many years ago but after like two years of that i had went through most of the good stuff and the stuff left just became a chore.
For the record, i did have a lot of free time during those years (AKA all day every day) so i was able to watch a lot more than normally expected.
That isnt to say i havent missed some, but for me, 30 episodes of something enjoyable is hard to find every week and I don't want to rush it anymore than I already have.
If the magic isnt lost on you after watching so much, thats great. I honestly mean it. I wish i could go back to watching multiple series a day and still enjoying every second of it. Though if you have been here long enough to decide what people shouldn't be on this board, you should already know this does happen to some people.

People with fewer than a thousand anime watched don't post here, do they?

>Moetron
Well that takes me back

>4 digit babbies trying to act like they're anything special

>with only 400 completed anime you have plenty out there to discover
I'm fully aware of that, but I was just illustrating that I'm far beyond a casual viewer who maybe watches 1-2 series a season. I don't have some incessant need to watch everything though.
I don't even bother watching shit from before 2007 or so. There aren't enough hours in the day to watch all of that shit, and even then, I don't really like most older series.
>You can always drop things and substitute them if you don't enjoy them
There is plenty of shit I've dropped, although I don't keep count.
>The important thing is keeping the pace.
No it's not? Who the hell is competing?

>Mecha
>Mystery
>Historical
>Supernatural
>Bishounen
>Psychological

I think the old minimum was like 250-400. Now we get people who stream 2 shows a year at 2X speed and then watch kememe friends, and read some machine translated LNshit and pretend to be anime pros.

>there are people on this board RIGHT NOW that haven't even watched 100 anime

Nobody lurks anymore. They hear about this epik 4chin on the news and go on boards they only have a slight amount of relation to.

What's wrong with taking a month off? It's just 30 days, nothing special.

During the time you should be lurking you can accumulate around that much, so it seems fair to me.

Depends on how you count OVA, movies, sequels, shorts, dropped series and the like.

No, I'm not a NEET.

>The important thing is keeping the pace.
GOTTA HAVE MUH 12 HOURS A DAY ANIMU FIX HNNNNNGG

I hardly find posters like you any more pleasant.

>Day 2: watch a ...drama
This is where I fail. I absolutely abhor drama.