BakaBT

How has BakaBT going private affected you?

first

It hasn't.

last access: 2013
well

Nothing, already watch all old anime

Not at all.

None. Though somewhat worried because it's always good to have redundancies and BBT going private might reduce the amount of seeders they have and they lost the advantage they have over AB.

They're just having server problems yet again.

Nothing so far but I suppose I can't download pre 2000 anime BD's and anime OST's anymore.

No you haven't.

Nothing so far because I barely watch anime, but it undoubtedly will in the future when I want to watch older anime.

Already watched all the good stuff, I prefer currently airing stuff now a days since I don't like living in the past.

It's okay, I can just AnimeByt-

wow it's nothing

Yes, you dumbass

every time in last 5 years I needed to download something that had no seeds on nyaa, they didn't have it at all...

I thought they were going to continue to become a semi-private tracker? Also seems like site is down again right now.

The only thing I relied on bakabt was old anime OSTs that weren't on nyaa, I'm kinda fucked now without it.

According to the IRC they're ordering a hardware upgrade as their new setup can't handle the load their getting (or something)

Oh, thanks user, so it's confirmed that they're going full private now? That's some good news to hear.

>nyaa and chink/slav sites exist
>burgers still think that their retarded sekrit clubs are the coolest shit

None, because I only read manga

Not at all since I had an account from years ago.

If you cared about anonymity or privacy in the first place you'd have used a VPN or at least an ISP who gives you a dynamic IP address.

The the leaks don't affect anyone who have used proper security practices.

I'm not sure but I think it's likely. There will be some way for new users to get in in the future though.

unrelated but where can i find Jojo part 4 blu-rays subbed?

I had an account since 2012 and still got pruned.

they're pruned due to inactivity, meaning six months of no logging in means bye.

But I logged in last month, my ratio was pretty shit though.

>Already watched all the good stuff
Yeah, after you've watched Top 50 Baby's First Anime there's clearly nothing left anymore out of the many thousands of anime that have been made, because if they were so good then how come nobody on reddit ever mentions them? Checkmate.

I liked it more when it was still running under its old name.

Haven't used the site in years, though, since I have gone through my backlog.

This show went to shit so fast after the average first season

who nyaa here?

Is it really private now? I thought they were just working on servers or some shit.

Would suck ass. I don't think my old account is still alive.

Holy shit, it has gone private?

>BBT going full private
>AB's trackers are unstable at the moment and sometimes torrents randomly go offline
Well, at least I still have my backlog to clear.

>AB blah blah
Nobody cares about AB

Nobody cares about your opinion either.

I hoarded a lot of old anime so I'm good for at least a while

>couldn't get in
LEL

honestly I don't even use AB that much anymore when I have BTN.

>downloaded 500 GBs of anime before all this mess
Feels good.

Why a blue kirby?

Your tears are not even worth savoring.

That's like what, only 50 shows?

It's around 1000 episodes and a few movies, should last a bit over half a year for my current pace.

I'm so fucking glad I snagged all the K-On stuff before shit hit the fan.

Hasn't
I already have an account
Although my ratio is shit because no one downloads the anime I seed

AB is fucking down, I've been using BTN instead.

How long has the tracker been down for now?

No idea but I'm tired of seeing this almost all the time.

Seems fine for me. I don't remember the last time I've used BTN.

You could get all that stuff anywhere else though.

FYI AB is opening applications next Tuesday.

First time in two years I didn't find what I wanted (Busou Renkin) on nyaa so I googled it and got redirected to this page.
Found it somewhere else, but only 480p or dual audio without subs. Looking up how to extract subs right now.

It has caused a surge in offtopic threads on Sup Forums which makes me mildly annoyed.

>watching old shows
Ahahahahhah

Seeing a site change how they work this hard for a dumb reason has provided me with lots of entertainment. Can't wait until they either die for good or are forced to go back to the old system to make it all even better.

If you're gonna watch old shit at least watch good old shit.

Considering they don't accept the latest version of qbit I'm considering switching clients. How else am I going to cross-seed?

Ah, so these messages are unique to the person. My email got leaked. Fucking Spaghetti.

So you downloaded a bunch of crap encodes and you feel good about this?

You can still find DDLs on anime streaming sites.

>good old shit
Good shit like Macross has seeds on nyaa. Also, I keep hearing Busou Renkin is good.

>reencodes of reencodes of reencodes

They link to the actual file.

Are you serious? I've seen many posts that said AB would never open applications again

BBT is max autist with their torrent clients.

In absolutely no way so far but I'm sure it will in a few months and I want to watch something that doesn't show up on AB's search.

Which is weird given they are (or at-least were) an open tracker. For nearly a decade.

>being enough of a retard to post your IP in private messages
Holy kek.

AB seriously need to fuck off with the sekrit club thing and at least give the option to exchange membership for donations. I don't care if I'm paying a bit to pirate if I can always find anything I'm looking for. Yeah I know I can just buy an invite on an underground Chinese website but then if they catch me I'm out of luck.

Is it even possible to not have an AB account if you aren't a complete newfag? Invites were fucking everywhere when it was new. I literally got mine from someone in a thread on Sup Forums 7 years ago who I had never spoken to.

They aren't even one of the elitist trackers, it's just normal for a private tracker to be a bit challenging to get into. Just wait for applications to open and do well on them fampai

can't tell if serious

They ARE accepting new members. Prove you're worth it to the community and you'll easily get an invite. Make remuxes of old shows and you'll get invited that way. Remux Bleach's first 64 (or 63, first three seasons) of Dattebayo's subs with some RAWs like pic related (Zero) and I'll send you an invite in a heartbeat.

>muh secret club
Believe it or not, AB aren't actively against new people from getting in.
I mean for fuck's sake they're 4000 below their max user cap.

Why would I not be serious, lol.
>An ex-staff member has leaked a developer staging database dating from 2015-11-20. This database was scrubbed of critical security information including hashes of passwords, emails (including history), IP addresses (including history), passkeys (including history), donations, yen log, login sessions, transfer history, and user PMs; the individual who leaked the database does not have access to any of these. Information that was leaked includes staff PMs and staff notes on user profiles. For some users, these notes and PMs may contain information such as emails and IP addresses, donation TXN (PayPal transaction ID from before it was removed or Blockchain TXD) with donated amount in GBP (in case of Bitcoins logged GBP amount is by exchange rate of when donation was made) and in some rare cases PayPal email used in donation from before they were separately logged (pre 2009-06-18).
Literally only affects braindead retards.

What does that have to do with >?

>replying to BakaBT

I'm not touching Bleach but I have remuxed some shit I couldn't find before Azumanga Daioh and Tamayrua 1080p BDrips.

>max user cap
Which they only institute so they can be a secret club.
I mean, torrent files are fucking small and people only use ratio trackers when other places don't have shit they want. Did you see the fucking daily traffic they get? It's laughable. I could probably run a tracker for 100k people out of my mother's basement.

>They ARE accepting new members
But they aren't. You have to find someone to give you an invite, you can't appeal directly to them.

Staff PMs were leaked. Some of those staff PMs had email addresses, IP addresses, and payment info written in them.

IE no one who isn't a complete retard is affected.

>not actively against new people from getting in
>applications closed

You've got some comparison shots?

Huh? That's how private trackers work.

You can repeat this all you want. What does that have to do with >?

why use BakaBT when nyaa already has absolutely everything you would need without needing an account?

Do you have autism? That post is laughing at people dumb enough to post personal details in PMs on a torrent site, which is literally the only way the leak could affect you beyond "Oh no someone will know that 4 years ago I sent a one-sentence PM asking to have downloading privileges restored"

What personal information was posted in that PM?

>nyaa already has absolutely everything you would need
Maybe if you're a nu-weeb who refuses to watch anything not made before 2015 or not on Crunchyroll

Because there's some good shit out there that's not on nyaa

you jest, but anime is definitely one of the mediums where being entry level is better

I literally got a BakaBT account about a month before it went private so it hasn't affected me at all. Sixth sense runs in my family nigga.

>Huh? That's how private trackers work.
Nah, some have applications open.
Also, what use are the invites if you don't have any friends? They you have to wait 3 years (or forever) for them top open aplications.

Can you newfags fuck off. If you've been here long enough then you have an AB account. Go back to where you came from.

Damn, it already has been 5 years since I got into AB

I think he meant that they also got IPs of people who don't have VPNs.

invite me senpai!

>comparison shots
never made any

>Nah, some have applications open.
Those are open trackers. AB is a private tracker.

>don't have any friends
All you need to do is prove your worth and people will invite you easily. Myself included.

You could always find what you wanted on BBT.

You no longer have the files?

I meant that no IPs were leaked by people writing down their IP through private messages.