/SRG/ - Self Reliance General

In order to overcome the coming social and economic troubles that will face us in the coming future, one must not be overly dependent on modern society, lest you be dragged down with it. The final red-pill is choosing a life of self-reliance and being in charge of your domain, instead of being a good goy.

How many of you here are homesteaders, or have considered getting into any kind of self-reliant lifestyle?

youtube.com/watch?v=Lj7fi8Wnfc0

youtube.com/watch?v=RV7pmE4MC-I

youtube.com/watch?v=-vuMSoQzYfs

youtube.com/watch?v=OIwGMpCDI6Q

youtube.com/watch?v=S409v9cOrBk

youtube.com/watch?v=NuZy8Rjk4d0

youtube.com/watch?v=gtizLl2M49o

Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

urbanhomestead.org/
youtu.be/a6e3CprVTi8
youtube.com/watch?v=57K78NV-Utc&t=128s
youtube.com/watch?v=oRHgBvRKtTc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There's also a discord for further discussion: discord gg/KgphZm

Some niggers are missing on this picture

>being this paranoid

Even if nothing happens you are growing your own vegetables and maybe meat and it is alot healthier and saves you money in the long run. There is literally no bad outcome from living like this.

what does this have to do with being paranoid?

The epic thread. Such comfy.

nice!

Uh, where's the reloader?

Anyone have thoughts on how many acres would be needed for a homestead to feed a family of 4?

Upgrade those flimsy ass walmart shelves my nigga

>smash that window
>throw in a bucket of ants
>self reliance defeated

How do you store meat and grain in a high humidity tropics?

>In order to overcome the coming social and economic troubles that will face us in the coming future, one must not be overly dependent on modern society, lest you be dragged down with it.

bumperimati

What a waste of a room
This crap belongs on not here
Sage etc

Not even one acre. These lot have 0.2acres and are almost entirely self sufficient, plus they make about 60k/year

urbanhomestead.org/

If you want energy and total self sufficiency; pic related

but k is for weapons

Your going to have to salt cure your meat or some other form of preserving. Or maybe a freezer? Depends on what your situation is.

rocket mass heaters are also a must have

this is larping and most of you would break down after 5 days without your techie comforts. before you attack me for being a numale faggot try going seven days without looking at your computer, phone, gps, or tablet (and i bett you have em all fucking loser). do this without going camping or some shit that forces you to abandon technology, just use willpower.

Also depending on each situation, a self draw waste oil burner can be a source of heat using scrap materials.

Why would you stop using technology? Seems retarded to go backwards.

Because you know, hurr durr partial self reliance means live like engines....

i wasn't consistent enough. I mistyped the "abandon technology" part, i meant to keep the "comforts" theme throughout. technology in general is okay. in order to be self reliant, you need to be able to give up vehicles of modern society such as the phone. get me?

>
TOP KEK

Yeah. I get you, however shtf (attempted) self reliance and off grid living is an entirely different thought process. Even self reliance in a functioning society does not require abondoning comforts. This however is why a used the qualifier 'partial'. Becuase throwing away comforts and technologies that make life more efficient is not good.

Sepp Holzer

Permaculture of the future

>self reliance in a functioning society
easily becomes "self reliance because of society" which is a contradiction. "in spite of" is more what i personally had in mind; i view off-grid living and self reliance as near synonyms, but i understandwhere you're at.

'Off grid' people tend to be cooky and live ass backwards.
People who want to subsidize their living with the fruits of their labour tend to be resourceful and efficient.

Two very different types of people.

>self reliance in a functioning society
easily becomes "self reliance because of society" which is a contradiction

Makes sense

Moving to an 80 acre farm this year or the next.

It's got pretty much nothing on it. Where do I start?

Raising your own food is orders of magnitude more expensive than buying it from a store, and is a fulltime job in itself . Google "economy of scale." The only reasons to farm or garden are to have a hobby, to learn, and to have a backup in case the system crashes. Saving time and money is not among them.

ugly green carpet ughh

>why

Depends what the land is like, budget and laws. upscale this: and if possible look into animal husbandry. Look at renting out land if that is allowed, I live in a county with lots of open land and a few of my friends own a few acres in a open area and allow certain companies to build on there such as small scale wind farms which can bring in a small fortune.

if you have to you can bury it. look it up.

thats a nice setup for about 30 days. which is probably all you need. But if you want to really bunker up they are gonna need much more food and water.

>being this ignorant

Check soil maps to determine where your most productive ground is.
Dig a well
Plant garden
Slipform yourself a stone house.
Plant any trees that you might want in the future (fruit trees, windbreak, trees to harvest for lumber to sell or build with yourself, trees to use for firewood)
Get on good terms with neighbors.
Start raising chickens for eggs, meat, and their ability to eat pest insects.

He decided to buy that oh-so-essential pool table instead.

I get at least four days every winter like this simply from ice storms. Duke Power isn't too worried about us "dumb rednecks" in the boonies.

bump

Plant some trees for later use aswell

Bump

discord gg/KgphZm

Heres a crude gassifier following the fema gassifier setup.
Cons of this type would be needing wood pellets and an initial draw fan to get it started. Once an engine is running the fan is no longer needed.

youtu.be/a6e3CprVTi8

youtube.com/watch?v=57K78NV-Utc&t=128s

youtube.com/watch?v=oRHgBvRKtTc

bump