Monarchism

Anyone here a Monarchist?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wNgW6jH44Ac
telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/04/48-prince-philips-greatest-gaffes-funny-moments/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm scandinavian so yes

You have to be delusional to think that a corrupt, biased politician is a better representative of your state and country.

Yes, absolutism

Yeah Im some form of authoritarian I believe. People are retarded and selfish and I'd rather have one persons retardation and selfishness drive a nation than millions of fragmented pieces of retardation of selfishness

A king has to protect his people as he does not want to be a ruler of nothing but democratic politician will appeal to a small class to get elected and will pillage the system at the cost of the people to gain resources for himself and party.

i'm flemish so no, my "king" and his ancestors havent even any flemish blood in him.
the belguim royal family is a discount german one from a time where you needed royalty to have a country in europe.

Me as absolute kang>Democracy>Everything else

Why the fuck should someone be in charge because of blood right? You're all retards. We live in a comfy democracy and you want a king.

Also, they are raised from birth to be good leaders, and they are taught that they are stewards for their lineage. Politicians think they are God reborn that owe nothing to no one and made everything themselves so fuck everyone else I got's mine.

>Comfy Democracy™
Well hello there, how's college? Crushing puss and selling virtue must be funny as hell. Please, tell me more about your veganism.

Yes.
Republicuckism is liberalism.

In a way, yes. I fully believe that some men are born to rule, however the problem with hereditary monarchy is best summed up with Henry V, probably one of the greatest kings in our history, and a true shining example of Plantagenet glory, conquering most of France and bringing England into a shining new age.

He died, and then Henry the VI followed him, and in a few decades of full retard he managed to not only end his blood line, but lose everything that his predecessor won.

It's a thorny issue, much better than (((Democracy))) or, heaven forbid Communism, but the issue is few great kings exist, their power needs to be tempered with a constitutional monarchy, which true constrains truly great kings, but stops shit ones from going full retard.

Also, the king in OP's webm is King John, who was a colossal fuck-up compared to Richard, his brother.

In a democracy, you are 100% guaranteed to get corrupt, self-serving, short-term, useless people leading you. At least in a monarchy there is a chance of being well governed, and if the king is shit then you can have a civil war to get rid of him. In a democracy you are powerless. Lesser of two evils.

To be Catholic and to be monarchist are one and the same. We will rise again!

>they are raised from birth to be good leaders,
This is the key thing. While I think monarchist due need to follow a constitutional role, I fully support the idea of the Monarch having executive and some sort of Veto power to restrain the excesses of the political class and the vermin they are.

I'm allegedly related to king eric II of norway, so why not give it a gander.

I don't get the bowing thing or kissing their hands shit. What's up with that cuckery?

Not the best example to use there.

John reneged on the magna carta, and imported foreign savages to rape and pillage his own country. He was a toddler who wanted a country full of slaves. Which is why he died in a field from explosive diarrhoea.

What do you do when you have no rightful kinds? How does one even become a kind? Conquest?

yes

it's not ""blood-right"", theyre just born that way ... theyre the ones who should naturally lead their kingdom .. theyre an elite and only they understand the most what needs to be done

bad kings exists,

but bad presidents are always there

Well I think when talking about something you have to look at both the good, and the bad.

What movie is that from?

In the file name user.

Ironclad.

It not a good film, and hyper violent, but you have a few actors who are genuinely great actors in it, and Paul Giamatti does great as King John

>bad presidents are always there
At least they won't chop your head off for badmouthing their leadership. See twitter and Trump for proofs. And they don't bullshit you about how their leadership is the will of God and you should just blindly obey without questioning. Majority of people stands behind the president while kings rule is enforced by his army of mercenaries.

Worth a watch?

Depends on your taste. It a mix of hyper violence and then James Purefoy, Brian Cox, or Paul Giamatti doing decent work.

bump

The "majority" in most democracies are 10-20% of the actual populace. The whole thing is a sham. It's not even democracy at this point, all the retards voted that away.

Ironclad is an amazing film. Sadly the sequel is shite.
I know the bloke who played Becket in that.

It was much better then I expected.

>king who is only king so he can pay his armies and wage wars is better than someone trying to govern in his absence
How many years did Richard spend with fighting during his rule? He wasn't really a king, he was a warlord.

I was until cuckoo boy got engaged to a nigger.

Yes. French monarchy was the best.

Definitely, Monarch has to obey God, Parliament to nothing

Enlightened despotism is the ultimate governing system. The general population is retarded and can't be trusted with power.

Not all monarchies are authoritarian, not all republics are liberal. In some monarchies (Example : UK) , you can say almost anything about the royal family, and nobody believes that the Queen's leadership is the will of God. In some republics (Example : North Korea, various African dictatorships) anyone who criticizes the current ruler will disappear, and the state orders you to worship the ruler. This is more of authoritarianism vs. liberalism than monarchism vs. republicanism.

Only if I get to be King.

*minarchist
solved that one for ya

hell no

>How many years did Richard spend with fighting during his rule? He wasn't really a king, he was a warlord.
Even republics of the era was mostly at war, as it was only recently that trade was expanded and war became more rare.

anyone with taste his

This

>theyre the ones who should naturally lead their kingdom .. theyre an elite and only they understand the most what needs to be done
t. submissive cuck

Because there must always be leaders, I accept to be lead by the people who rise to power as normal citizens, but I won't support a system where family of Chads rule the entire country.

How would monarchy here in Muttistan work? I understand monarchists in Europe but here in the US?

Why has to? What consequences will he face if he doesen't follow holy books, absolutely none if nobody can challenge him politically.

George Washington was almost King. He needs to be popular and win, after that, I don't know.

Step 1) Get a Jew.

Man nobody loses their shit like Paul Giamatti.

Paul Giamatti is a good actor.

If there is some kind of guarantee that the King/Emperor will rule with diligence and actually push for the nation to be relevant in some way I'd be down. Kinda like Frederick the Great I guess. Succession however, I'd rather have adoption instead of a bloodline e.g. The Five Good Emperors.

Guess that makes sense, better than going back to the UK Commonwealth

Russian was second. Not perfect, but an interesting series of monarchies in an interesting land.

This. He was great as that slave trader in 12 Years a Slave.

youtube.com/watch?v=wNgW6jH44Ac

Speech with sound

Just imagine if this mad man decided one morning "fuck it" and go absolute monarchy. The sun would rise that morning and never set again.

>"British women can't cook" (in Britain in 1966).
>"What do you gargle with, pebbles?" (speaking to singer Tom Jones after the 1969 Royal Variety Performance).
>"I declare this thing open, whatever it is." (on a visit to Canada in 1969).
>"Everybody was saying we must have more leisure. Now they are complaining they are unemployed" (during the 1981 recession).
>"If it has got four legs and it is not a chair, if it has got two wings and it flies but is not an aeroplane, and if it swims and it is not a submarine, the Cantonese will eat it." (at a 1986 World Wildlife Fund meeting).
>"Yak, yak, yak; come on get a move on." (shouted from the deck of Britannia in Belize in 1994 to the Queen who was chatting to her hosts on the quayside).

telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/04/48-prince-philips-greatest-gaffes-funny-moments/

Yeah, one of his generals was "this" close to overthrowing congress, before Washington caught wind and told him to chill.

>gaffes
that term implies that he isn't totally aware of his mad banter.
he just doesn't give a fuck.

He just there to cut a ribbon. He makes jokes, sometimes he just doesn't give a fuck anymore.

>22 - In Germany, in 1997, he welcomed German Chancellor Helmut Kohl at a trade fair as "Reichskanzler" - the last German leader who used the title was Adolf Hitler.
>23- "You're too fat to be an astronaut." (to 13-year-old Andrew Adams who told Philip he wanted to go into space. Salford, 2001).
>8 - "We didn't have counsellors rushing around every time somebody let off a gun, asking 'Are you all right? Are you sure you don't have a ghastly problem?' You just got on with it." (about the Second World War commenting on modern stress counselling for servicemen in 1995).
>10 - "If a cricketer, for instance, suddenly decided to go into a school and batter a lot of people to death with a cricket bat, which he could do very easily, I mean, are you going to ban cricket bats?" (in 1996, amid calls to ban firearms after the Dunblane shooting).
>34 - "I would get arrested if I unzipped that dress." (to 25-year-old council worker Hannah Jackson, who was wearing a dress with a zip running the length of its front, on a Jubilee visit to Bromley, Kent, in May 2012)
>35 - "The Philippines must be half empty as you're all here running the NHS." (on meeting a Filipino nurse at a Luton hospital in February 2013)
>43 - "If the man had succeeded in abducting Anne, she would have given him a hell of a time while in captivity." (On a gunman who tried to kidnap the Princess Royal in 1974).
>46 - "When a man opens a car door for his wife, it's either a new car or a new wife." (on marriage).

I would follow this madman into war any day of the week. My sides are exploding reading some of these. A true Brit who when he passes will be one of last of his generation. A sad day indeed.

Fuck no kings are gay as fuck.

Just because you will never have the title His Royal Highness The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, Earl of Merioneth, Baron Greenwich, Royal knight of the Most Noble Order of the Garter, Extra Knight of the Most Ancient and Most Noble Order of the Thistle, member of the Order of Merit, Grand Master and First and Principal Knight Grand Cross of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire, Knight of the Order of Australia, Additional Member of the Order of New Zealand, Extra Companion of the Queen’s Service Order, Royal Chief of the Order of Logohu, Extraordinary Companion of the Order of Canada, Extraordinary Commander of the Order of Military Merit, Canadian Forces Decoration, Lord of Her Majesty’s Most Honorable Privy Council, Privy Councillor of the Queen’s Privy Council for Canada, Personal Aide-de-Camp to her Majesty, Lord High Admiral of the United Kingdom

I've stated before that depending on how I'm feeling about people, I fluctuate from monarchist to libertarian. People need a strong leader to rule with an iron but benevolent fist, but at the same time I don't like the state dictating every little facet of my life either and appreciate the value of freedom.

I dunno. If anybody has recommended reading to convince me one way or the other, I'm all ears.

Washington was offered to be crowned King of America.
The idiot believed in divine right and felt that if they were going to overthrow a god-appointed-ruler it would be wrong for men to choose a new king.
And so you got a republic.

Fascism: 100 Questions Asked and Answered - Oswald Mosely is highly recommended in the debate between, as you say a strong leader to rule with an iron but benevolent fist and a freedom over your daily life.

I miss him.

hard question. part of me wants barron to inherit his fathers prize, i dont like the word king though, lets try chancellor, then fuhrer.

We all do pal, both him and Enoch Powell were born too early, if they came up today or maybe 10 years it would take the country and world by storm. I must admit I am a massive fan of Moselys public speaking but technical ability of Powell is out of this world, something like 15 spoken languages, youngest ever professor, highest mark in Latin, completed a 3+ hour exam in something like an hour and walked out top marks and was probably genius level IQ.

>23- "You're too fat to be an astronaut." (to 13-year-old Andrew Adams who told Philip he wanted to go into space. Salford, 2001).

BASED
A
S
E
D

A king is fine if he follows the will of god and understands the responsibility of his power and that it stems from god. Problem is kings like that where very rare. They worried more about maintaining power, dynasty and image more than the kingdom they ruled or what god wanted. They didn't see him as the source of authority or legitimacy. Only one i can think of is King David.

Our queen is great

I watched this movie specifically for that fucking cleave.