Fuuka

So the anime for this just recently finished, but I don't think I have seen any threads on Sup Forums for it. Did anyone here watch it? Did you enjoy it?

Spoiler still everywhere and Melodrama

I was tempted to watch this at one stage, but Sup Forums seemed to fucking hate it.

It is not very good and I did not expect much from it. The anime itself was nothing but a generic love triangle that played it super safe and ended exactly how you'd expect it to.

As someone who has read the manga nearly since it started, I really liked it and think people were too hard on it. There were two ways this could have gone

>follow the manga faithfully, at the pace they were going it would have ended with the band mates grieving Fuuka's death. Anime goes down as one of the worst cases of "go read the fucking manga" in recent memory
Or
>do what they did, give fans of the series an alternate timeline of what would have happened had Fuuka not died.

I appreciated that they took the latter

It was ok, if you don't follow the manga though, you lose out on a lot and will just see it as a generic romance drama

>No truck
Dropped

Who was driving the truck in the anime?

same person as in the manga

it wasn't particularly popular, but some people watched it. There were a few best girl scraps and what have you, but people weren't that interested.
Some people did seem pissed when The Truck didn't happen, though

I don't see why, this guy is right

>I don't see why,
People are arseholes.
I think it was a mix of people who wanted to see the dumb plot twist of the century, or people chagrined that it diverted from the manga's plotline

Bottom option please

Truck-kun is overrated. Shit's been spoiled and made fun of so hard, it doesn't even work as a joke anymore.
The anime did the right thing and even managed to avoid ending with sequel bait.

the anime's producers would have to have been retarded to have expected to make a sequel out of this

Which is a good thing they weren't since pretty much all 12 episode manga advertisement series all think they will be the one to get that second season and none ever do. The Fuuka anime worked as an advertisement as intended, but also provided a new, alternate ending for people reading the manga. Ga Rei Zero was similar, instead of wasting everyone's time with half an anime, they went with a unique story people wanted anyway

>pretty much all 12 episode manga advertisement series all think they will be the one to get that second season
what makes you think that?

Wow did the board as a whole drop the show?

It was just dumb. Climber's High was a decent song though.

>they didn't kill her off like in the manga

What a pointless anime.

>episode every 2 weeks
>not super engaging in the first place
>gigantic deviation from manga

Not a recipe for success. I don't really even remember seeing much discussion about it when it began

So did Tama completely end all contact with Yuu?

This