Why are so many people literally blind?

Around 60% of US citizens need glasses/contacts/vision correction surgery and the numbers are rising. Why? Glassesbros give your 2 cents, when did you discover you needed something to help your vision? Whenever I put on friends' glasses I can't see shit and it hurts to focus on letters and I have 20-15 vision. If I were to force myself to wear those glasses everyday would I eventually adjust to them at the sake of my unadorned vision? Is this just more kikery? Pill me on optics

Other urls found in this thread:

bateseyeexercises.com/welcome.php
jrbooksonline.com/PDF_Books/Salubrious_Living.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I played video games as a kid and sat directly in front of the screen.

Wearing glasses will make your eyesight gradually worse in general, if you are nearsighted, your distant vision will get blurrier for example. However glasses in general are not a trick to make money, it is just that the real flaws in vision are much easier to detect nowadays and glasses are more affordable. I don't think many people have perfect vision, however not all people without perfect vision really need glasses. they can use them though.

I've had glasses since middle school, it started when I could no longer read words at far distances.

Since then, my vision has of course gotten worse and I've continually needed to get new glasses. No idea if it's natural or the glasses causing it.

vision correction has been around for hundreds of years, in the natural world poor vision means death but since everyone gets it fixed it spreads

>f I were to force myself to wear those glasses everyday would I eventually adjust to them at the sake of my unadorned vision?

What the fuck are you saying?

I can't figure out why if I want thinner lenses I have to pay between £50-£200 a time, for less plastic!

I wonder who is behind such a concept?

When I was a child the doctor tried to push glasses on me because I complained about head aches but nothing was wrong with my vision. Since I was mocked non stop when I started wearing them I stopped after the first weak. Then when I was 18, the military gave me a vision test and they said I had above average vision.

I believe if I kept wearing the glasses my eye sight would not have been above average

I've been addicted to video games since I was 6 and I hugged the screen. Fault goes to my parents for allowing that to happen.

I played video games like it was going out of style on an old crt tv and my vision is still really good

I'm saying the reason you need to wear glasses is because some (((optician))) keeps throwing $75 vision scrambl-- I mean, prescription lenses at you.

Double relaxed natural selection.

Maybe, but you probably have superior genes.

>tfw can't see shit without contacts
If my backup glasses get shattered during the nuclear holocaust, pls come and save me

>Why?

Same reason(s) so many people are on prescription medication. The Jews have made weakness a cool virtue.

this is the kind of shit I'm talking about. Parents need to stop blindly trusting healthcare professionals (this includes dentists and physicians) to diagnose minor dumb shit we all go thru in childhood. 9/10 times it's something the child would have just grown out of had their parents not felt pressured to shell out thousands the moment they discovered the (((flaw)))

Started wearing them in 3rd grade -- teacher saw me squinting to read the board. I remember the day I got em, my dad had me look at some faraway shit with and without them on, and they were an improvement.

Not sure if its environment or genetics-- started reading at 2 and its basically all I did, but, mother and grandfather wore glasses.

Using glasses makes it harder to see on the edges. Therefore you become unable to properly fight, as you have to turn your head to whatever you want to see. This is good as (((they))) will know when you’re looking at them.
Besides that, with some training you can cross streets without turning your head and get people to stop for you as they think you didn’t see them.

TL;DR using glasses ruins your vision and your children will have a higher chance to also need glasses.

>TL;DR using glasses ruins your vision and your children will have a higher chance to also need glasses.

>wearing glasses will change your DNA

kek

Did (((they))) convince you that DNA cannot be influenced?

satan has spoken. we /manipulateDNA/ now

first it increased with TV
then it increased with computers and video games

No, its the fact I can't fucking see without them. You might literally be retarded.

This but a computer. Got glasses in fourth grade.

This is a retarded thread, you think spending hours on your phone or on the computer wouldn't affect your eyes? Seriously what the fuck is the point of this thread, in the future we won't be using our real eyes anyway.

I can't believe there are retards who think poor eyesight is a jewish conspiracy

because I can't see shit without them. Still wonder if putting them on in the first place (6th grade) made it worse or not.

heh

its because the materials used to make the thinner for advanced plastic are expensive.

This. On a computer and console.

It's the mutt genes

In middle school my particular school did free eye exams for all students every year. I was the only kid in my class that failed that test.

TV/videogames as babysitter does that,

I did the same thing and I have 20/20 Vision at age 23. Am I just the exception?

I treat my eyes like absolute shit and I've never needed glasses somehow. vision degraded from 20/20 to 40/20 or something

Good vision correlates with good exercise habits. Playing ball outside with friends actually improves eyesight. If your parents used tv as a babysitter, odds are you have bad vision

spending too much time indoors and staring at a screen will unironically make your eyes worse.

22, gaming since 7, no glasses. Genetics plays a major role imho

How low do you keep your brightness? I have been on computer multiple hours a day for two decades now and my vision is perfect. I have always keeped the screen pretty dim.

Oh yeah and i keep my screens to the ambient luminosity maximum, usually lowest on big screens as it hurts my eyes... yellow filters and all of that stuff for a few years now

Lack of sunlight in formative years = myopia. It's not the sole cause, but it's a huge factor. China has a big problem with this due to their education standards. More than 80% of the millenial population has to wear glasses.

This is settled science folks.

>Playing ball outside with friends actually improves eyesight.

Straight bullshit.

something to do with dna but no one except me in my family needs glasses. Started wearing glasses at age 11 when eyes were at -1.4D and my vision rapidly deteriorated until it stayed at -5.5D at the age of 18, hasnt changed since.
Glasses are fucking gay i look so beta with them i wish i never used them.

does your latvian healthcare plan cover laser corrective surgery?

>and the numbers are rising. Why?

Phones and tablets.

This. And it's the same with everything in the body. Evolution is dysgenic and that's why I'm so unattractive to women, I'm very evolved.

You don't have to play ball.

But your eyes need to focus on distant objects or else they grow nearsighted.

If you only look at your phone all day you eventually can't focus at infinity anymore without glasses.

top lel of course not. The only doctors who do that are greedy jews who overprice that shit so no. Im not paying some old kike to shoot lasers at my eyes when he doesnt even guarantee that i dont go blind afterwards. Im getting contact lenses next month.

I got lasik, it was fucking fantastic. 10 minute surgery and about a week of recovery turned my dogshit vision 20/15. Can be pretty expensive, but I thought it was worth it

Yeah i've thought about the laser surgery too and I worry about going blind in some freak accident. I wore contacts for about ten years, finally just said fuck it and went back to glasses. kek.

It's a combination of two things:
1) Evolution doesn't make things "good", it makes them "good enough." Realistically, even with blurry vision, you can go out, forage for food, hunt in a pack, and live long enough to reproduce. With no evolutionary pressure on humans to get hawk tier eyesight, we maintained human-tier (which is still better than like 99% of animals).
2) Even if you're so blind you COULDN'T hunt or forage for food, modern society doesn't require this. In fact you can be completely live-your-life-in-darkness blind and survive to old age thanks to modern technology. If it's a genetic problem, you'd pass it down to your kids that you now will have because you're living so long.

Did you have an astigmatism or just near/far sightedness? I've heard mixed results about them fixing astigmatisms and I'd rather not have lasers cut up the only pair of eyes only to still need glasses.

My kids will have huge dicks then, since wanking will affect my genes and produce monster cocks.

No, just extremely near-sighted. My brother-in-law had astigmatism and got it done. It worked, but he did need reading glasses again within 10 years.

Started needing glasses around 19. I read daily, for hours at a time, in very poor lighting conditions, from around age 6. I used to prop my door open at night and read from the tiny sliver of light coming into my room. Started noticing that I couldn't read road signs when I was driving, and sure as shit, my eyes got fucked up.

Around the age of 30, I noticed my vision had deteriorated, and I began to wear glasses. Not long after, however, I learned about the Bates method for restoring your vision. The idea is to get blood flowing back into your eyes, nourishing them and allowing them to provide better service to you. Within about 2 months of doing daily exercises, my vision was restored to acceptable levels. It's never going to be perfect again, and glasses still help, but it's to the point where I no longer need glasses to do any of my daily activities.

Is there interest in knowing more about Bates exercises? The vision industry has discredited it, but I can vouch that once I began doing them, I went from being unable to see words on a television to being able to read them perfectly, all in about 2 months.

Here is what I do for the Bates method:

1. Close your eyes as tightly as possible, and open them as widely as possible. Do several sets of 5 reps
2. Look up, and then down, and repeat. Several sets of 10 reps. Do this also from side to side, and diagonal.
3. Move your eyes in swirling motions around the edges of your eyes. Do the left side, then the right side. Top, then bottom. Finally, do full 360 swirls in both directions.
4. Focus on an object in the distance, and then one near you. Again, several sets of 10 reps.
5. Take the pads of your middle finger and softly massage your eyeballs with your eyes closed.

Blink a number of times in between all of these steps. You should be able to get all these things done in 10 minutes per day. It takes a certain kind of dedicated individual to keep at it, and I've found that these types of people are rare to almost the point of non-existence. But for you weirdos out there, this may be for you.

Always dim unless lighting calls for it to be brighter. Guess that must have an effect.

bateseyeexercises.com/welcome.php

The best and fastest way to read up on Bates exercises would be Salubrious Living, chapter 17:

jrbooksonline.com/PDF_Books/Salubrious_Living.pdf

i was 11 years old when i got my glasses, got contacts now because glassas are gay. Thinking of getting lasser surgery but it sounds scary.

Anyway, it was a real eye opener. I could actually read things from 4 meters away. Feels good!

Contact lenses are way to go, I have them since I was 14, they stabilised my vision and are fucking awesome compared to those shitty glases