Should russia join nato?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3CNeDtZmpjU
nato.int/cps/su/natohq/declassified_137930.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I heard they tried once as a joke

No, NATO shouldn't exist

no, we should dissolve NATo and the EU and build a european military and economic alliance that includes russia.
And then kick out all subhumans from our dear continent.
western european technology with russian resources would make us superior to anyone.

This.
NATO is a relic of the cold war. Time to cut back US foreign involvement and let the member countries pay us proper for the US's blue water patroling. The pittance they offer for security forces is laughable.

>North Atlantic treaty organization
Yeah sure, once you find the part of the Russian coast that border the Atlantic

>turkey

I agree, but has there ever been an empire that decided voluntarily to say "Screw you guys, I'm going home?" I can imagine we will also lose a lot of money since NATO is basically a way to sell military shit to countries

Why should they?
I don't even think they would let Russia in because, than NATO wouldn't have a reason to exists anymore.

Kaliningrad is the only loose claim they could make and there are those pesky seas in the way.

>keep the Russians out, the Americans in, and the Germans down
NATO should be nulled.

youtube.com/watch?v=3CNeDtZmpjU
>(3:16 - 29:04)

AtDeBeNeLux army would be better

They have crutched themselves on our security forces. During our withdraw, the other member nations will need to up their defenses. There will still be an American favored weapons market for a time.
Naturally we will have to transition to a new focus besides arms dealing. I think it'd be better that way. War profiteering is profitable, but not really sustainable.
> has there ever been an empire that decided voluntarily to say "Screw you guys, I'm going home?"
I want to say yes, but I have no example in mind. That doesn't mean we couldn't do it or be the first to. We're a war weary people. Time we turned that fatigue into a driving force to get us the hell out of these endless foreign conflicts / world policing.

Turkey shouldn't be in nato, but they went in because of strategical reasons due to the cold war. There are no such reasons to explain why russia should be in.

A relic from the past from when the USSR was a threat led by Stalin. Russia changed in the meantime but NATO is still acting hostile keeping the tension high. Best to disband as to avoid old sores and create something new with an updated roster.

Why do we need Italy, Greece, Albania, Romania, bulgaria,etc then?

Yes, but NATO should be disbanded.

AUSCANNZUKUS can then join forces with CIS and the Anglo-Russian Union dreamed of by George and Nicholas can become reality.

Montenegro and Albania are extremely meaningful NATO nations.
The current emphasis is on FYROM, Bosnia&Herzegovina, Kosova and Serbia.

Yes. We should have one world government with a strong oligarchic council for stability and peace. Per ardua ad astra

We don't, they're useless and their military is pathetic

If Russia is in NATO, then what is the point of NATO?

My idea was just that you can change the name of NATO to include more countries or use different definitions of north atlantic ocean to include other seas like Med Sea to keep its name.

China and india and pakistan and arabs and niggerlands are pretty dangerous

What a stupid question.
>Lord Hastings Lionel Ismay was NATO’s first Secretary General, a position he was initially reluctant to accept. By the end of his tenure however, Ismay had become the biggest advocate for the organisation he famously said was created to “keep the Soviet Union out, the Americans in, and the Germans down.”
nato.int/cps/su/natohq/declassified_137930.htm

Only as a leader

You don't get, in soviet Russia NATO join you.

wouldn't it just be NTO then?

no. but we are willing to engage in whisky/vodka diplomacy. you faggots remove kebab pretty good. if we can remove more glowniggers, we'll talk.