Hokuto No Ken

Why is no one talking about Hokuto No Ken??????????

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eddxtMSNJxI
youtu.be/po77bJk1DdI
youtube.com/watch?v=R_YMKrh7jYs
www26.atwiki.jp/gcmatome/)
nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=904978
youtube.com/watch?v=4onNho0uonQ
imdb.com/title/tt0113074/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

im still not finished i got 5 episodes left

youtube.com/watch?v=eddxtMSNJxI

Because everybody already died in 199X.

The series used to be alot more popular. Why does nobody ever talk about it nowadays?

It needs the same treatment JoJo got

>Why don't people talk about 80s hits as much as they did in the 80s?
Go ask your second-grade teacher to explain how trends work, Jimmy.

No it doesn't

A mediocre adaptation and a terrible fanbase?

It's poorly-written. The plot/manga essentially ends at volume 16. Everything after that lacked any real reason, motive or value for/in its existence. The existence of Kaiou was the most bizarrely pointless and counterproductive thing I've ever read in any manga ever.

Jojo is a special case.

The problem is that it already got an anime back in the old days. Jojo had only gotten OVAs and other bullshit until the 2010s when the official anime came out.

It's gonna be really hard to convince an anime studio to animate Fist of the North Star, when it already got an anime and multiple OVAs.

Worst case scenario is that it gets the Berserk treatment, being a CGI mess of an anime.

Oh, and the "original" Hokuto, too. That was also completely out-of-left-field and devoid of purpose. Nothing came from it, and nothing needed it as prerequisite.

Pls no CGI

jojo is for faggots

>Implying I like moralfag protagonists

Yeah, to be honest Kenshiro is a cold hearted killer.

Fuck off, Akagi.

If only Jump would let authors end their series when they want.

Buronson and Hara actually went on record and said that the manga ended with Raoh as far as they're concerned. Everything after that was just them being given so much money they couldn't refuse and they admitted that as well.

tl;dr HnK2 isn't canon

Is that what happened?

Post above yours

Wow; I am glad to hear that. Say, might you have a source for that for me to bookmark?

Question marks aren't herd animals. They like solitude. Keeping them like this is nothing short of cruelty.

Edgy.

HnKFansubs website no longer exists so it's kinda impossible for me to link the translated interview, but you're free to google for it.

Because it's old, and anyone with the interest to see it saw it half a decade ago.

But it is so much fun to see hundreds of idiots die: youtu.be/po77bJk1DdI

The closest that I can find is Buronson saying:
>I had decided, when I draw Raoh's end, I would go with that image ... I still was set on drawing "that last scene". That didn't change. ... Although the story ended up not concluding and we kept drawing the following week.

Is that what you were referring to, or was there something much more explicit?

Obligatory thread theme:
youtube.com/watch?v=R_YMKrh7jYs

More explicit. I believe it was an interview with Hara only, maybe also Horie (the third generally uncredited author of HnK) saying how they wanted to end it then and there but then the editorial office told them to draw next chapter for next week and they didn't know what to do so they literally starting to making shit up on the spot (whereas for example the Last Nanto General arc was planned out literally a year ahead of time) which is how HnK2 happened, it was entirely made up on the spot as they went on under demands of the editorial office.

Things got pretty bad to the point that Buronson got eventually pissed off, quit on the spot and went to work for a rival company.

It's also why he isn't allowed anywhere near HnK nowadays because they don't own the rights to it despite creating it. Hara and Horie continue to make their samurai manga which is totally not a very, very distant prequel to HnK (tm).

Read bakuman.

It's just too manly for these days.

WA GA SHOUGAI NI IPPEN NO KUI NASHI

because it's boring

Eat shit.

Kenshiro was a good mc moralfag.

Someone post Guts drawn by HnK artist, pls.

You shouldn't trust what you saw in Bakuman too much.

Only thing i've found, i do recall various mangaka drawing Guts for an anniversary or something, or i might be confusing it with Jotaro

I liked most of the Falco stuff honestly. Felt like something that wouldn't have seemed out-of-place within the pre-Raoh stuff.

The shit with Rin's twin royal sister was strange though.

Falco arc was fine but everyone agree that it has two major problems.

1. Ein dies like a bitch and is horribly mishandled in general.
2. It comes far too late to matter since as you've noticed yourself, it would fit pre-Raoh but post-Raoh there's absolutely 0 tension as Ken has long since unlocked all his techniques and abilities and Falco never stood a chance. It was a doomed arc from the beginning.

And then there's literally everyone and their mother sprouting relatives out of the fucking ass.
Even fucking Cloudman turns out to have had a son if you read the 30th anniversary extra 2 chapters that they made for the manga re-release (set between HnK1 and HnK2 about how Kokuoh lost his eye).

HnK2 just has no right to exist and while Falco stuff could've been salvaged if given time instead of being rushed by the editorial office, Land of Asura and Kaioh stuff is nonsensical and the Bolge stuff in the last volumes of the manga that the anime didn't adapt (and rightuflly so because that is irredeemable trash) just should be fucking erased from history.

I'm glad that for the 25th anniversary of the series they completely ignored all that shit and instead made short Raoh-centric prequel series and movie pentalogy that abdriges the story.

Also where the fuck is Raoh's mom buried.

The well majority of popular mangas are poorly written. Just look at Dragonball, its been shit ever since namek

>The well majority of popular mangas are poorly written.
HnK wasn't poorly written, that's the wrong. HnK1 is perfect aside from 1 major retcon (Yuria) and this too is just a case of executive meddling.
All of HnK's flaws (Yuria retcon in HnK1 and entirely of HnK2) are solely due to editorial office executive fuckery.

The only thing that i hated about Hnk 1 was the Shin fight. I expected him to be incredibly powerful but Ken beat him easily. It's even worse in the anime since Shin was around for alot longer

That's because Shin arc was written as more or less one-shot. It was Hara's third (and last) chance to be allowed to work as mangaka (his previous 2 attempts failed and didn't garner interest) so after Horie's suggestion to use his knowledge of acupuncture he decided to write HnK and didn't really expect it to succeed either.
Lo and behold it exploded in popularity and suddenly he had to continue after Shin.

That's basically why Shin arc feels shitty and why anime did right by putting God Land Army and Devil Rebirth before Shin AND giving Shin extra plot before the fight with him with his city crumbling and the army ditching him.
You can think of it as Shin simply giving up and not fighting Kenshiro at his best.

Joker and Balcom were a nice addition as well.

Barcom was good in that he carried that whole Shin's army deserting thing (also his fight with Shin is literally based on a certain fight from the HnK prototype).
As for Joker, I think he was shitty because his entire existence was to give us an excuse to have extra scenes of Shin keeping track of Kenshiro's movements. Basically plot device: the character. And the second Kenshiro got close to Southern Cross he was unceremoniously offed in a split second.

ur 50 years late grampa

i love the characters but majority of the plot twists later were stupid.
i'm still salty what they did with yuria.

>i'm still salty what they did with yuria.
See Welcome to executive meddling.

Some review sites like Game Catalog (www26.atwiki.jp/gcmatome/) wonder why the various 1990s Hokuto no Ken JRPGs had such nonsensical plots despite Buronson being involved in their development. It sounds like they really shouldn't be surprised.

Buronson's only involvement with those was literally giving them a go ahead and that's it.
Don't tell me you actually think Toriyama wrote Xenoverse games.

was there a prequel manga? reading the main one made it seem like there was supposed to be one when they were kids. i remember a lot of flashback chapters.

There are a lot of flashbacks in the manga but no there is no prequel manga about their childhood.

This is actually pretty cool to hear, because for me ending the series with Raoh was a perfect place to stop so I'm glad to see it was the editors fault that they continued.

nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=904978
I recommend the prequel series about Raoh.
Starts more or less in parallel to Kenshiro's journey and ends right before their reunion in Mamiya's village.

Rei had the coolest fighting style

So why did Oda try to copy Raoh's death, with Whitebeard?

>Why is no one talking about Hokuto No Ken
Jojo is better because GAYS

why does HnK trigger Sup Forums so much?

Is Fist of the Blue Sky canon? Because the flashback pretty much confirmed that every Hokuto successor was Ken incarnations. What the fuck were they thinking

youtube.com/watch?v=4onNho0uonQ

ほくとかんらんけん
北 斗 甘 藍 拳

(North Dipper Cabbage Fist)

For the love of christ please no
Normies already ruined everything I hold near and dear I don't need this gone too

It needs a Hollywood movie.

>Normies
You have no place to talk.

Souther arc is best arc.

Souther is the best villain too.

As you wish.
imdb.com/title/tt0113074/

Kill yourself, you cancerous piece of normalfag shit.