Things that bear saying

One of the most upsetting things that has come from the ongoing and corrosive seep of politics into various walks of life has been the death of question-based science. Science should be about questions, always questions, great or small. Sometimes you get an answer, but more often then not you just have more questions. You never really figure anything out, you just build a longer and more illuminating chain to the current questions. Several talented scientists of the past were quick to state that, for all their experience and understanding, they were still like children poking away at the edges of a puzzle box.

Over the last several decades, however, there seems to have been a shift. It's silly to think it just suddenly cropped up, and it did not, but like many things, it's easier to see once things hit a critical mass. Science is now a commodity, and a valuable one at that. People don't want questions, they want answers, and what's more they expect a certain kind of answer. More concerning even than that, however, is they expect certainty. Science is being held up to such a strong and focused dogma that, once a statement is made, continuing to investigate is viewed as foolish at best, and at worst actively crushed. Questions are being slowly restricted so that they will provide only the wished for answers.

The statement "the science is settled" trumpeted about climate change is a good example of this. Science is never settled, about anything. While crackpots and bad data and investigation abound, questions themselves are never invalid, even if they lead to already found answers. Scientific investigation is too quickly becoming a tool for both political and ideological advancement, among others, and it's eating away into the basic structures that have allowed the west to become the dominate force on this planet for hundreds of years. If we cannot advance, then we decline, it's sadly that simple.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Nf0gydhRI3w
pnas.org/content/114/35/9314.full?sid=42ac2ec9-ddbc-4cb3-871b-208fdf326276
journals.plos.org/ploscompbiol/article?id=10.1371/journal.pcbi.1004162
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The rise of the celebrity scientist is also a sad symptom of all this. Science is a stumbling, grasping thing, and can't be reduced to any one soundbite. What's more, no individual is, inherently, able to speak for an entire subject, let alone scientific inquiry as a whole. Some are able to ask the questions that lead to more impressive results with greater repetition, but scientific discovery is valid if it comes from a multi-million dollar lab or someone's back yard.

What's more, being pushed into the public eye, and needing to preserve a set persona also means that these individuals become progressively easier to influence, and have increasing challenge to preserve their sense of impartiality. It may stem from a wish to continue to have a forum for their message, or it may have more base roots, but the result is the same, someone slowly stops being a scientist, and starts to become a commentator.

The process is sadly simple. A movement or ideology seeks legitimacy in the eyes of the masses. In the past, they would go to the church, but now go to the universities. By finding someone who supports their message with "hard science", true or not, they may claim both that they are the logical choice, and that their opponents are illogical outliers. As their star rises, so does their chosen speaker, and vice versa, with the stronger influencing the weaker as time passes. The end result being scientists who tour more then they question, and movements with dogmatic volumes of the one, real Truth.

The reason this matters, and the reason to bring it up even though many already know it, is that it has a direct reflection on a lot of the turmoil bubbling from so many places. Science is being co-opted and corrupted by too many opposed agendas and viewpoints, and it's causing the public at large to start pulling away from and even rejecting the scientific community as a whole, let along scientific inquiry itself.

it's already started. Everything from the environment to genetics is being called out for pushing what is often viewed as a thin political agenda. On too many occasions people have called out misinformation and, at times, outright lies, only to be silenced with the force and speed of religious heresy suppression. It's causing a slow rise of mistrust and rejection, and eating in to the legitimacy of scientific inquiry in the eyes of the world.

I fear the most that it could cause a full reversal. The west and survived, and thrived, on the advance of investigation and scientific development, and with many aspects of modern life already starting to look a little shaky, a sudden rejection of these ideals could cause a backlash on par with the dark ages. Science, itself, isn't at fault, it's those seeking to pervert it, from within or without, to push agenda that are at fault, but it's the discipline as a whole that is going to bear the brunt.

lets do this

Sup Forums is a pretty fast board sometimes. TL;DR pls next time.
Anyway, science may or may not be being attacked by shitheads and people with agendas, but that doesn't really interfere with research. A high-school student can go watch "The Fabric of the Universe" on YT and get a decent understanding, and extrapolate (hopefully.) I wouldn't worry too much about it. We're already aware that we exist 'between' dimensions at any and all times (HUP, Planck Length Zero, etc); it's the applied science that's getting in the way. More research into the fringe stuff might get some interesting results, no LHC required. :)

Same artwork, I like it

youtube.com/watch?v=Nf0gydhRI3w

You can’t expect western civilization to agree with science when it is embroiled in a cesspit of degeneracy, a complete lack of rationality and blind emotion. I mean western civilization is so cucked people worship false gods like multicultural and ignore instinct. It is inherently evil and against the self interests of whites most importantly but also the lesser races that become entangled with it. To save science we have to save ourselves first user. The first start of this is doing what ever we can to get people to become instinctual in a self survival type of way. Move the base instinct from hedonism back to what’s best for the tribe/race. Brainstorm ways to do that, out jew the jew. Read art of war

To take a sharp turn...

Recreation is not, inherently, a degenerate activity. without it, it becomes easy to lock in to a mindless drudgery. Recreation is how we set ourselves outside the basics of instinct, in part, and it is therefore a human thing to take time for simple entertainment. Granted, this can take many forms, both physical and mental, but provided they do not cause progressive and ongoing harm to the individual or society as a whole, Recreation and entertainment are valid and healthy pursuits.

However, like all things, taken to extremes they can become corruptive and subversive cancers. Video games are an obvious example often brought up both here and elsewhere. Video games are not, as a whole, degenerate. What's more, playing them isn't any better or worse then various other pursuits of both past and present, it's when they are taken to extreme that the issue arises. Also, they, as well as many other forms of entertainment and media, are being co-opted and used as a sort of viral capsule for various corruptive ideologies.

Games are a valid and worthwhile pursuit, it's just when taken to excess or manipulated for agenda that the issue arises.

Agreed, i think the overall level of awareness is as high as it ever may have been, and access to information is definitely so, but I worry that, because of the subversion being uncovered, there will be a backlash that could send us back decades.

And i'm long winded as hell, also write on the fly. I should start typing up beforehand, honestly.

I agree with big chunks of that, honestly. We need to fix ourselves as individuals, then progressively larger communities, before we can fix the west as a whole. I just worry that scientific inquiry will be a sacrifice on that path.

Do you have some kind of alert...

L

we had the one going last night for quite some time

I follow a few people on Twitter that have a stake in education. I'm not a college person, I went to the military instead; but I can see why they care, at least. If you're a teacher/student, just finish and get the degree; draw your conclusions and do your own experiemnts afterward. I got interested in this stuff after I got discharged. Didn't build a death ray, never mixed any chemicals (besides Coke and Whiskey, inb4 opinion discarded), still haven't bought a centrifuge. But all the math is available. Just steer people in the right direction when the opportunity arises. Colleges can do what they want, there's always gonna be goofballs like me and millions of others who make connections on their own.
>Tfw Probability Clouds do not exist.

and another thing...

I think we all need to grow more connected as a people. We don't know the people who live next door, interaction is restricted to digital media, it's slowly eating away at our ability to function as more then individuals. We've replaced family and community with the state and media, and it's let influences that would normally be a tiny flicker spread like a plague.

Say hi to people. Maybe wave or smile when you go for the mail. Invite someone up to the porch for a chat. People trust face-to-face and direct interaction more then anything else. if you want to "redpill" someone, have them over for dominoes and just start talking a bit. It's how rural areas generally keep tight-knit, and it works.

Don't necessarily start with "let me tell you about jews". Just talk, be friendly, and follow the flow. I started to convert my wife by casually joking about time spent in flint, michigan. If we're going to fix the west, it's going to take healing that can't be done easily online. What's more, board games and other kinds of recreation are excellent vehicles for this.

That's honestly so encouraging to hear. You hear from such a loud group, you start to think, even against yourself, that they're in the majority. That someone you're the weirdo. It's always nice to see and hear people who still have a degree of passion, who are willing to step, however carefully, outside what is trumpeted as normal.

These days you can learn almost anything independently. It just takes the dedication and interest to do so, and i would hate for that to continue to be discouraged because it's not the normal way. I'm no student, or teacher...just a guy with a family who's been through a fair bit of hell, and has learned by fucking up a hell of a lot. and, like every fool, wants to try and spare others some of the same fuckups and pain.

Nothing wrong with wiskey and coke, i drink a little wine every once in a while. used to be a solid drinker, but four kids can put a cramp in that rather fast, if you're not a bastard.

Pick a field of personal interest, look into it, and realize that science (like other human pursuits) has been completely pozzed for longer than several decades. In the past, for me, one such field was classical music theory. Recently, I've been looking into the theory of electromagnetism. "Consensus" has been being used to limit thought to ever-narrower ranges for over a century.

>Anyway, science may or may not be being attacked by shitheads and people with agendas

It is already happening. Pic related.

tl;dr
>drug the goyim to make them more xenophyllic towards refugees
pnas.org/content/114/35/9314.full?sid=42ac2ec9-ddbc-4cb3-871b-208fdf326276

Goddamn it. The Pixelgif Rambler is back.

Can you just make a god damned cogent point?

I like classical music but am sadly an idiot about it. How is it that classical music theory would be co-oped by toxic influence? it seems...so odd, like how that would even manifest. Then again, various kinds of math have been labeled "problematic" so i guess it's not that strange. Still hard to wrap my head around.

Part of the reason why i mouth off on the internet is because i've seen this. Cooking, writing, even just watching movies, there's this constant, seditious push to force everyone and everything to be the same, uniform bland. Which makes the cries of "diversity" all the more odd and galling.

So nazibro, what have you done to make life suck a measure less for yourself, besides collecting more pixel art.

Didn't they try and do this with magnets a little bit ago? Sweet fucking jesus, it's enough to make you want to live in a reinforced compound.

On a long enough timeline anything is possible, so yes, eventually? If you like I can try and do so about something you ask, maybe? worth a shot.

>Drugs to produce an artificial positive association in response to a socially engineered stimulus.

This is literally operant conditioning. That's fucked up.

>checked

honestly, nothing. Had a few things going for me last year but it all went to shit. It set me back a lot and spent the last few weeks "off" trying to get my head together.

I remember an article that read, "the overall 3-dimensional structure of DNA is not fully understood" etc. journals.plos.org/ploscompbiol/article?id=10.1371/journal.pcbi.1004162

There we go. Anyway, this might help shed some focus on how easy it is to get people riled up about what is and what is not. Which is humorous to me because 'is' and 'is not' is pretty much how things exist. Disorder causes confusion and fear, it is possible some are more prone to this behavior than others.
And more importantly, because it is not understood; it also subtly indicates (to me anyway) that the structure of DNA and everything else for that matter, is more than 3-dimensional. However, that may be too far 'out' for the time being; assuming it's correct. I'm working on that math slowly. Gas Law helps.

It's a hell of a thing to think you might actually have to worry about chemically-backed re-education. When i thought about the future, way back when, it was more flying cars and less shadowrun...

Sometimes the victory of the day is not knowing, for a flickering second, what a bullet tastes like. A little peace and/or quiet can go a long way sometimes. I hope it gets better for you, honestly. try doing something you haven't gotten to in a while maybe?

bump for interest

>Didn't they try and do this with magnets a little bit ago?

Of that, I'm not aware.

But of the study I linked, notice how they declare no "conflicts of interest".

Also note, in the very first sentence, the article states:
>In the midst of rapid globalization, the peaceful coexistence of cultures requires a deeper understanding of the forces that compel prosocial behavior and thwart xenophobia."
>compel prosocial behavior and thwart xenophobia

It shows a clear bias! If they wanted to actually hide their bias they could rephrase it to something like "In the midst of rapid globalization, a scientific understanding of the mechanisms behind xenophobia would be helpful". But then, they might just discover that people are naturally racist, and that wouldn't be good, would it?

Pic related. Do you think conflicts of interest would ever be reported? Do you trust researchers to be impartial? I sure don't.

I'm really excited by the concepts and implications of quantum space, even if my math skills extend to making change. The concept that we, as an existence, might have some kind of echo beyond "here" is rather amazing. Gravity as radiation of an extra-dimensional force, all that "out there" stuff is so fascinating to me, and it makes it all the harder to take when interest instead seems to be focused on pushing an agenda.

We have this egotistical perception that we've somehow figured everything out, that we're the biggest thing anywhere. It's right up there with the subtle eye roll when someone tries to imply that maybe there's other life out there, somewhere.

Yeah. I just need to get back on the horse and find something different to do. Would be heading out more if it weren't for the bullshit cold weather as of late.

Will say this week is pretty fair.

One of the authors. Dr. Feinstein. Imagine him in a white labcoat experimenting on you while tied up and watching of African migration into Europe and feeding you Oxycontin.

It was a study with the tagline "Magnets can be used to weaken belief in god and resistance to migrants" or somesuch, i thought i had a link...

Lord, that article is mad. It seems so dumb to trust the entity doing the study to evaluate conflict of interest. What happens if someone brings it up? I'd imagine it's a quick direction to go pound sand. People are innately racist, in the purest form of the term, and more often then not there's a good reason. A few thousand years of evolution will generally give solid results, and we trust our own people more then outsiders with good cause.

Go for walks, throw rocks at snowy branches, get your head on. Play a game or something, with good pixel art. You're not dead yet, lots of time to do...something. Some coffee and a bit of banter over some cards, wish i could bloody provide it for ya.

Oy goddamn vey.

A good strategy is to accept the fact that your activities will be a bit restricted and winter depression will probably come but try to to progress in 1 skill before the end of the winter season so that at least you make it out with something.

I was on vacation from work last week and I browsed Sup Forums and played vidya all day. Yet even after a day of nothing, I closed my browser when the scheduled hour came, and fired up my text editor and to learn coding. Just 1 hour per day is not much, but doing anything, even having a pushup/situp hour, will help you. The rest of the time can be spent depressed, but at the very least I know I will emerge from this season with something. It would not be very White of you to let winter impede your progress.

both right

It's flavor of the week style-learning.
"Here is what you need to know now. We'll figure out the rest 'later'. " To which I immediately think "Well, I have tomorrow off; and my laundrys already done, so..."
It's pack mentality meets politics. All we're really looking at is a One and a Zero; and we can't agree which is which. The answer is both. You're One and Zero are not my One and Zero. The concept of Fundamental Truth is flawed on purpose; we're allowed to make that decision becasue we exist, and we're aware we exist.
If put into practice, slowly; keeping with the original thread topic; it may ease the tensions to some degree. Everyone CAN have their own. It's the getting there. Right now, I might have to start using Cyrillic because I'm running out of Greek letters in the equation. At least it's fun.

>Magnets can be used to weaken belief in god and resistance to migrants

Jesus. The study I linked was brave new world. The study you linked is 1984. One would not be complete without the other. Screencappd and saved.

Oxytocin is one of the hormones that gets released after orgasm. That is why they promote frequent masturbation, because you are constantly dosing yourself with the cuddle hormone, which takes away your hardcoreness and makes you passive.

Already happening.

That i think is part of the issue as well, or maybe the whole issue, trying to find that one, standard Truth, or trying to force it. The concepts of good and evil are subjective, it seems mad to think that there's any one, final truth to be found above all others. At a point, you have to decide to pick a selection of goals and ideals, and keep those as your truth. Faith is such a dirty word these days, but it's valid. Without faith in something, it's too easy to just get swallowed up by aimless void.

Let's hope one study doesn't inform the other. Sudden vision of electro-magnet carrying helmets with IV drips, flickering screens of various ethnic groups timed to power surges. Paranoid and insane to worry about, but it's the fact that it's even a concern.

Wasn't there a study done that links Oxytocin levels with the rise of autism and such? Autism viewed as a wholesale rejection of the world as a whole due to damaged receptors or something like it. Viewing that, and how physical contact seems to be more and more a taboo even among family, it starts getting even more worrying.

IMO science is, at best, a methodology for making future predictions about things. It arrives closer and closer to truth as we get better at it, but we should be wary to conclude that it has arrived at a truth which cannot change the moment something new is discovered.

I know i keep flirting with the idea of starting a youtube channel, but keep waffling on it. First, i don't know anything about producing content like that, and secondly it's scary as hell. Everything seems to be under such a microscope these days, you can't anticipate what the best of intentions might end up bearing for fruit. Not sure if clogging up the board with random threads is all that good either, but at least people seem tolerant if nothing else.

The current political climate that the left created is one where there is no room to lose. Ever. The only thing that matters is winning and swaying minds at any cost through any means That mean never admitting you're wrong, never conceding any point, and never changing your position. The only thing that matters is perception. Do people THINK that you're right?

it seems to reach even further, by trying to force that right-ness. If something is shown to be wrong, then either destroy that message, or somehow force either reality, or the perception thereof to follow the goal, rather then the reality. You're right, there's no room for understanding or compromise, and that's just not how life works...

Hi user,
Interesting thoughts, but you've conflated some disparate issues into a bit of a mush.

Modern science has a number of pressures that didn't used to exist; funding pressure, the pressure to publish or patent and an increased lack of job stability. Funding pressure has put the squeeze on fields that are not immediately applicable such as the search for 'new physics', the pressure for publishing has limited long term experiments (you can't really convince a university's yearly review committee of your work when it's 15 years between papers), the pressure for patenting has limited the scope of work along with encouraging a greater amount of secrecy in some cases and the lack of stability again strictly limits what experiments can be performed by a scientist (it's a bit hard to get much done if you have to change university every 2-3 years). And lastly administration and teaching roles are being made partial requirements of new positions. You can't focus on a problem for as long if you also have to manage your own administriva and be avaliable for students.

In effect the end result is that scientists are more and more segregated from society and have less and less time to work on anything beyond what will keep them in a job for the next 2-3 years.

The notion that the `science is settled' is something that is entirely external, mostly stemming from politician's noticing how much sway a scientific outcome has in the mind of the population, similarly pop science is for science groupies; people who like to think that they're scientifically literate without doing the work.

I'm literally just here for the gif kino.
Where is this stuff from?

just remember discretion around entrenched power - hemlock is still an answer

There's a factor that ties into funding pressure that I'll mention just because this is Sup Forums. Lying Asians, academic fraud, and the inability of peer review to handle the flow of bullshit.

Thank you for this, actually. I'm the layest of laymen, and honestly didn't know most of this. it honestly does make a lot of sense, i didn't really think of all the internal pressures. You need to be producing to keep doing experiments, but that's also not how science always work, so you focus on what can keep the wheel spinning and hope to get to the heavy work later. it's sad, but makes a wealth of sense. Is there any way out of it, really, or is it just learning to adapt to the new structure? I'd love to see the various sciences have the pressure to constantly produce relaxed, but I don't know how, if there is indeed a way, to even go about it.

However, that's it for me for tonight. Wife is home and need to get ready for the morning. keep the gears grinding or let the thing die, i suppose. Should be back in a few days to ramble about more shit. Love all you mad bastards.

The game this rambling jackass is trying to advertise. Some are just randoms that people picked up from the internet to larp incoherent thoughts and stretch one sentence thoughts into entire paragraphs.

It's not comfy or kino, it's a autism.

The last element of the soup is that some problems are currently either simply too hard, or functionally too hard given the above constraints. One example is the `structure of DNA'. The issue here isn't the double helix bit, that's reasonably well understood for small scales. The issue is how the entire thing folds up inside the nucleus. This turns out to be incredibly important as it is related to the rate at which DNA can produce different proteins, if a section is folded away then it cant be accessed as easily, while if another section is incredibly exposed then it can be used to produce that particular protein that is encoded in that particular bit of DNA at a much greater rate.

Of course this is asking you to model how some 3 million base pairs in a string folds up from 6 feet down to less than a micron.

And the last drop at the bottom we hit what all of the above has melded together to create. Verification and repeat experiments are not glamourous, they don't get papers and can't get patents. They don't look good. So in fields where it's hard to prove the validity of your claims, or where you can't prove them and simply have to sample, the correctness simply isn't tested. This occurs far less in Maths, Physics and Chemistry and far more in Psychology and Sociology (Biology is a bit on the fence depending exactly what sort of Biology is being discussed here).

All of which ties around to the sheer amount of money that has been thrown at science and the bottom feeders that attach themselves to it because of that. There was a meta study done a few years ago that showed that we would likely have done more research on photo-voltatic cells if there had been a fraction of the funding, just from the sheer number of shonkey companies that popped up to try and nab some easy money.

You're ignoring the much more important trend where the science is pretty much irrelevant, because people will interpret anything however they want.

If you tell someone blacks are more likely to be arrested than whites, half of them will say "this proves blacks must commit more crime" and the other half will say "this proves the police are racist"

If you tell them 16 out of the 17 warmest years on record happened after 2000, half of them will say "This proves humans are causing global warming" and the other half will say "this proves sunspots are causing global warming"

All of the 20th century music theory is such garbage. The fact that it takes people like Schoenberg and "serialism" seriously removes all of its credibility.

Look OP, I know you took a lot of time and effort in an attempt to look elegant in your response, but basically you are just stupid. 98% of scientists are in consensus that climate change is real and caused by us, yet you continue to deny that despite claiming that you like science. There are not many words left to stay. You are intellectual equivalent of a piece of broccoli. When god gave out intelligence, he handed you a potato instead of a brain. We can't all be smart OP, some of us just have to be ignorant backwoods hicks at the bottom of the pile when it comes to IQ. Stick what your good at OP like fucking your sister on Sunday after going to church, and leave the science to us more evolved liberals.

whaddup guys
glad my pics from last thread made it
saved all a yours to my collections too
have a happy thread, i might come back later

that is comfy as fuck. would move to japan just to live in there. i am pathetic.

Enjoyable read. Thanks OP

>Le 98%
Fuck off shill

Hi user,
I should preface this with the statement that I do believe quite heavily in preventing human damage to the environment.

However I would like to point out that the '98%' statistic comes from a survey that included over 6000 undergraduate science students and fewer than 50 actual scientists. The scientists were 50% unsure to 50% yes, the teenagers comprised the rest of the figure.

Pic related is the typical Amerimutt. How the hell does that ignorant "thing" possess the capability to understand and believe in science?

For fuck sake most Americans can barely count to 10 with fingers and toes yet you want them to understand and appreciate science as a tool of the modern world. Hahah good luck with that. This race of ignoramuses is a fucking lost cause and skid mark on the pages of history.

Hey, I saved a few from the last thread too.

If you think "we" are destroying the world why don't you do something about it and off yourself? Better yet, why don't you exterminate all of those moronic 3rd worlders who are the ones who really do the damage?

>problematic
What in math has been labeled problematic? Most of these political types I have seen do not have the patience to learn mathematics to any significant degree.

Why are you attacking this dude? He's giving the information, isn't he? If the paper in had never been published, you would not know about this effect of oxytocin. How is he the bad guy?

You clearly missed Luce Irigaray and the Sokal affair.

public schooling and testing led to this. whatever you learned on test, is the answer. and it's recycled bullshit

Who is the wasteful slobs now faggot? Get out of my fucking house you IQ midget.

I feel like you having something against tests because you failed all of them in school. Brah just because you are stupid doesn't mean tests are a bad thing.

Spot on OP, well said. All I can really tell you is - welcome to the real world. Where we're all trapped inside a bloated corpse of a civilization; and all the fighting is about who killed it and whose meat is currently less rotten. But deep down we're all just eating for the carcass to pop to start anew. This period right now is intermediate, we're planning for what comes after. It's not a matter of if but when, our nations are not on the verge of dying, they've been dead for decades.

i'm very smart, actually. wtf is your problem. mass testing is bullshit.

can you stop shilling this? It's always good to take a step back to evaluate things, but you are clearly just a shill trying to demoralize the average Sup Forumsack.

Go away shariablue go away

Even though a lot of Sup Forums hates Jordan Peterson, he tackles this exact same problem in his lectures. Reality is infinitely complex, and we must fight the urge to overly simplify reality and provide ourselves easy answers. The left sees science as a series of platitudes that serve their ideology. They only care about science so much as it confirms their biases and serves their ideology. Any science which contradicts their worldview is not simply a different interpretation of the data, but a heretical worldview that must be stomped out. They deify science and acts as the holy priesthood that interprets it.

Science is corrupt, and the left has corrupted it. Questions which are difficult or unpleasant are hidden, results are changed, and anyone who disagrees is sacked. We need to reclaim our intellectual heritage, we re losing it to the forces of cultural marxism and relativism. These are the values that made the west the best, and we shouldn't give them up without a fight. You are absolutely right, science today exists to support state ideology.

Science is

I am sorry you cannot be a scientist Cletus because you failed to pass 6th grade mathematics. Good luck with your career as a greeter a Walmart.

the fact that i'm smart, i can see how testing is bullshit. i am sorry you wasted your childhood away studying and now want to feel like it was worth it. i feel sorry for you, really i do

>bear saying

>a salmon a day keeps the doctor away!

why do pixel gifs always seem so comfy

that's what I've been doing too. I think tomorrow I'm ready to start working again. Today I started lifting again. I've been doing kung fu consistently enough. I don't know if my life will ever turn around, but sometimes just trying can give you that fleeting ray of hope. I think sometimes the ephemerality of these things is what gives them meaning.

you're a motherfucker

Very good points

you're right

i just gotta get back into trying

I completely agree with you. The thing is this, you ask people "How do you know X?" and they'll probably reply by saying something like "Well, because it's in my science books." or "Well, because it's been peer-reviewed." or "Well, because it's been agreed upon by a majority of scientists.", but these are flimsy defences, because unless YOU can verify for yourself whether something is true or not either by OBSERVATION or by doing an experiment about it BY YOURSELF, you are relying essentially on external sources for your information and it is naïve to think that those sources don't have agendas.
What people call 'mainstream science' has been hijacked by politics, religion and corporations. So-called 'peer review' these days is usually nothing more than a circle-jerk. Just as people support the separation of church and state (and RIGHTFULLY so), I support the separation of SCIENCE and state. We owe it to our innate intelligence to QUESTION EVERYTHING and that INCLUDES EVERYTHING that I tell you! (end of part 1)

(start of part 2) What we call 'reality' is illusory and therefore malleable, which means that nothing is impossible (indeed, even the word 'impossible' itself literally says "I'm possible!"). There are two 'realities' going on side by side in this world, the one that the masses think is 'real' (what I call 'Movie Screen Earth') because (((certain people))) tell them it's 'real' and the one that is actually 'real'. The one that is actually 'real' is SO UNBELIEVABLY DIFFERENT to the one that the masses think is 'real' that it would make your head spin. The sky is not blue, nothing is solid because atoms are made of empty space, everything is always moving (including the ground that you walk on) and nothing ever touches anything because an atom can never touch any other atom due to electrical forces repelling them. Your feet never touch the ground. Also, the picture I've just posted is NOT yellow - it's red and green. If (((they))) can trick you into thinking that red and green is yellow, think of the other ways that (((they))) can trick you. Your brain and your senses deceive you. Nothing is EVER as it seems and appearances are ALWAYS deceptive! We owe it to our innate intelligence to QUESTION EVERYTHING and that INCLUDES EVERYTHING that I tell you! (end)

Dump all of your kino 8-bit/16-bit animated gifs, I love their aesthetic. Doing God's work, user.

I'm going to share some of my own gif kinos here too.

im just a humble water filter merchant

Well, whatever you are, you're doing God's work.

God, I love these comfy kino gifs. Keep up the good work.

what's kino?

launching

You wrote a bunch so sorry if you addressed this. But what I believe is happening is "science" is just replacing "God" in people with no faith. But faith is an inherent human condition so the need must be filled.

It is extremely obnoxious but I think it is a precursor to a great awakening. Science will help prove there is a God or a starting point and we will have the language of the universe to then expand into our next level.

Just my 2 cents