The last good arc to be good for the most part

The last good arc to be good for the most part

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DnnaMe-uHuE
youtube.com/watch?v=l3IaNrnthS8
youtube.com/watch?v=Psr4rq-ICu8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>implying this shit was not only good in the beginning while it was fresh and got stupid later on

It's just a standard 'hero's journey' arc. Literally the easiest storytelling because it's inherently feel good bullshit

There was barely development for team 7 before kishimoto decided to start the chunin exam arc

Pain's arc was great except for the very end

Sage mode came off as an asspull for naruto to be kage level

Akatsuki Suppression was a pretty solid arc

Chouji's episode was one of the best in part 1.

do you think they should have completely finished with team 9(asuma) instead of naruto coming at the last minute and saving the day? I do. that whole arc was like a second character development for choji and shikamaru. don't know about ino.
he was basically Sup Forums
whats that?
>muh zabuza

Yes
Naruto ruined the flow

I can agree with this but naruto needed something to match Sasuke with although Sasuke with MS is still stronger than SM naruto

youtube.com/watch?v=DnnaMe-uHuE

Yes muh zabuza

I think my favorite moments of this arc are Kiba and Akamaru going in that two headed giant dog transformation, drunk Lee, and Gaara showing up to save Lee.

No way SM naruto beat pain who had rinnegan which is way stronger than MS even if it isn't used by an uchiha or even it's original user.

Acceptable asspull. Don't forget he supposedly surpassed Kakashi with his Rasenshuriken. That was the real asspull. Sage Mode was a big leap but made perfect sense thematically with Naruto taking what Jiraya left him.

Does Sakura get as much respect as Naruto and Sasuke in series in Boruto? She is after all one of the nu-Legendary Sannin

She didn't do shit except a punch so no she doesn't deserve any of that respect

chuunin exams were 100 chapters of bullshit

but sharingan uses genjutsu which we shown naruto has a terrible time with. but honestly the abilities become absurdly unbalanced and kind of circumstantial

how was rasen shuriken an asspull? without sage mode he couldn't throw the rasenshuriken and it had a major drawback from using it normally which I kinda liked but then everyone just started throwing out forbidden jutsus.

yes, as a medical ninja. but that's the only thing because supposed it normally takes a long time for a normal ninja to become a medical ninja
stop shilling your mixtape. even though I did like the candy theme beat

I think the was the perfect time for ino to bring out her family mind destruction jutsu. but oh well naruto. but I dont know it kind of a mixed bag on one hand more development but on the other ,it would have been weird when he brought out the rasen shuriken the first time against pain.

Pretty much this. The Narutoverse was always written like shit.
>so like 2 or 3 people can become a chunin every year

you mean 100% dragging its feet. of course im talking from the anime POV, I think they spent like 3-4 eps with orochimaru and third hokage deadlocked in that dead sealing jutsu.

>how was rasen shuriken an asspull? without sage mode he couldn't throw the rasenshuriken and it had a major drawback from using it normally which I kinda liked but then everyone just started throwing out forbidden jutsus.
Because he suddenly went from shitty Chunin level to better than Kakashi (not too far from a Kage) after a week of training using the 1000 clones asspull. This thing was dumb.

>but sharingan uses genjutsu which we shown naruto has a terrible time with
He should have an easier time in SM because he wouldn't even need to look at his enemy to track him. Even better if he has frogs around to undo the spell for him. But in the end it's really what the writer wants to do, plot shield is everywhere.

>And we give singular fucks if a dozen or so are brutalized

>Because he suddenly went from shitty Chunin level to better than Kakashi (not too far from a Kage) after a week of training using the 1000 clones asspull. This thing was dumb.
>he surpassed kakashi entireyl because he did what kakashi couldn't do
pretty sure naruto was already on or pass chunin level at this point before rasen shuriken .they even showed this when him and sakura fought kakashi again even if it was because of a joke it still showed he was going to surpass him, and then he learned rasen shuriken which probably could have put him like right under kakashi and then sage mode happened. so no its not all of a sudden.

>He should have an easier time in SM because he wouldn't even need to look at his enemy to track him. Even better if he has frogs around to undo the spell for him.
huh? the only thing said to counter the sharingan was
>deidara (something about straining the eyes)
>bee because of partner
>gai looking at the feet(which is bullshit)
I mean he has the frog but as pain has shown, they are deadweight.

Probably correct and explains me dropping shippuden manga

Kiba a shit, it should have been Shino instead. Not only it fits the theme of being rescued by the sand ninja they previously fought, but his bugs would be a counter to the conjoined twins body takeover.

The 1000 clones training is an asspull. No one ever brought it up until that point despite having years to train, and no one brought it up after that point either.

>huh? the only thing said to counter the sharingan was
>bee because of partner
Frog is a partner. And they're not deadweight but high level summons with deadly moves, good support and lots of knowledge. The giant ones are pretty strong too.

>gai looking at the feet(which is bullshit)
Sage Mode is even more likely to make that work because muh sensing.

Twas the last good arc before the series descended into complete shit

Was that the save Sasuke arc?

>from shitty Chunin level
You're fucking delusional if you think that highly of chunin or that lowly of Naruto at that time

>The 1000 clones training is an asspull.
didn't he start off with 10?
> No one ever brought it up until that point despite having years to train, and no one brought it up after that point either.
well because that training was specifically designed for him since he was the only able to do many

He was a shitter at beginning of Shippuden though. Supposedly "improved his basics" since part 1 but that barely shows. Although he arguably was a bit better than a Chunin in part 1 so yeah, he'd be a solid Chunin in part 2 I guess?

>well because that training was specifically designed for him since he was the only able to do many
Yeah but Kakashi thinking of that at this precise moment so Naruto can make more progress in a week than he did in 3 years was a plot convenience. It's not too bad because powerlevels are bullshit in most manga but it's not good writing though.

Shino can't track as fast as kiba. The main reason Kiba was on the team. It was a pursuit mission.

Hidan/Kakuzu arc was better

Kiba was on the team because Tsunade couldn't afford anyone stopping a traitor who was on his way to give the Sharingan to the guy who invaded the village 2 months earlier and almost killed Tsunade and Jiraya last time they met.

Gotta keep your priorities straight, after all. Keep all your ninjas in shitty "find my cat" missions, send teenagers in very important state affairs and wait until they got hurt to use all your resources trying to save them from death.

what the fuck Kishimoto

Rasenshuriken and sage mode were acceptable (at first) because he actually had to train to use them and they were more or less single use techniques. I feel like they were the beginning of the "fuck actual combat, we got magic" downfall of Naruto, but nowhere near super saiyan jesus mode or magic eyeball megazord level.

well it is pretty shitty, but they explained it that time was of the essence and most of the people were on missions and the only people that were available were people on leave. of course you're gonna ask why they didn't send anbu , I have an answer for that too. danzo was a partner to orochimaru so he probably purposely didn't send them out or send them out to other missions

They had more strategy elements involved. Rasenshuriken at first was just a mega Rasengan but the only time it was used, it only worked with the old clone switcheroo.
Sage Mode + throwable Rasenshuriken involved many tactics and feints to get around the natural energy limitation, the 2 Rasenshuriken per sage mode, the "only 4 clones" thing and had some pretty cool attacks like that invisible natural punch. It also made Naruto a taijutsu powerhouse which is a pretty interesting return to root after the Rasengan spam he's been doing since he learned it. And it could still dish out big explosions as we've seen.

Replacing it with Super Saiyan was a mistake.

>using the 1000 clones asspull.
>Using a clearly established technique to your advantage is an asspull.

The technique was established. Its use for incredible training results was a one-time plot device.
It's kinda sad when you only need to change one or two things to erase most of Kishimoto's mistakes.

Not him, but it never made sense to me. If all clones start out the same, how many of them are should make no difference in how they progress in their training.

It makes sense though. When they pop, what they learned go back to the original. So if 10 of them are practicing wind chakra manipulation, each of their failures and the information that goes with it will be given back to the original.

I think even super saiyan mode was acceptable since it felt more like an advanced sage mode(which doesn't make sense from what we've seen from bee who mastered jinchuriki mode) but I think that this was the real asspull.

it was supposed be implied basic math. kind like the time chamber in dragonball. thats all.it was supposed the cumulative thought of how to do a technique.

i wish someone else would get the highlight instead of burrito darude

The problem with the super saiyan mode was that it made every technique easier to pull.
Trying hard to land Rasengans? Forget that, just use your extensible chakra arms for that.
Refilling your chakra? No need for that, you have so much of it.
Using other techniques like summons and all so you can try to work around your enemies like that? No way, unless you need a Sannins reference, then you can get a frog for 10 seconds I guess.

>So if 10 of them are practicing wind chakra manipulation, each of their failures and the information that goes with it will be given back to the original.
Yeah, but if they started the same, they will try out the same thing when practicing chakra manipulation, so how is it useful to do the same wrong thing 10 times? It's not the same as a single person trying 10 times, because he will try something different from what didn't work on the previous attempt.

I found it weird that Naruto went from slightly above Sakura tier to the strongest person in the village in basically half of an arc.

I think that in such a scenario, the conditions would be slightly different for each of them. In the sense that the decisions we'd make trying to do something that delicate would depend on environment, current mental state and lots of very small factors that'd vary all the time, eventually leading to different mistakes and wisdoms. If that was the case, you probably wouldn't learn 1000 times more for 1000 clones, but something like 20, 50, or 100 times maybe?

Now I kinda wish that stuff existed.

he was fighting the white zetsu which were basically fodder. the only actual fight with saiyan mode was against itachi and nagato. and even though they were just sparring he was still having a hard time.

>I found it weird that Naruto went from slightly above Sakura tier
>sakura tier
>a tier which only has sakura
heres your (you)

I only watched the first 4 episodes. Did anything good happen after that? No spoilers please.

no. bye.

Well if we compare them up until the Pain Arc, they did about the same. This is obviously discounting Naruto's fox power though.

Reminder that Kimmimaro died on his own and the others were because of the sand, but Neji and Chouji straight up murdered their opponents

Naruto did get a tier higher during the Kakuzu arc to be fair.

>ninjas killing people
Imagine that.

>ninjas killing people
>in naruto
Kek

>goes on a timeskip training with Jiraiya
>when he comes back, he sucks pretty much the same as before
What was Kishimoto thinking?

Did Naruto ever kill anyone? I dropped it after the first post timeskip arc.

Nope

Kakashi and Shikamaru already took out half of Kakazu's hearts though. And Naruto would've probably died if Yamato wasn't there to save him after his attack failed.

Technically he doomed Kakuzu to death, but Kakashi was the one who landed the final blow.

The interesting part was when he went out of his way to spare Pain.

Kakuzu still had 3 hearts. I think even Kakashi would've had a hard time doing what Naruto did.

He unintentionally killed the sand ninja disguised as Itachi

>establish chuunin-level opponents with the Demon Brothers
>establish jonin-level opponents with Zabuza and Haku
>shit all over those definitions in the sequel

Sasuke Recapture/rescue arc was the only good arc in naruto, including zabuza.

>Demon Brothers
You mean the guys Sauce BTFO'd without breaking a sweat?

Why can't Sup Forums stop being so tsundere for Naruto? I know like 90% of you fags secretly love it.

He took out their cool chain, but there was no indication of how the fight would have gone after that.

It was a mediocre arc, not even one of the bests. Just a string of predictable fights and homolust.

It definitely was a climax of the series. I lost all interest when Shippuden started but regained a bit during a few of those arcs.

>predictabe fights

Its fucking naruto. This is all relative. At least this time we got a relatively new cast with a new set of abilities. Most didn't even win on their own until sand team bailed them out. Every other fight in the entire manga ends with either "muh clones" or "muh rasengan".

I'm not really complaining about the fights themselves but more on the "we chase them down and one stay behind fighting one of our guys so we can chase them down again and repeat this".
Maybe it's just my autism here but that's pretty lazy.

I'm surprised that Kidomaru almost beat Neji though. Neji was OP as fuck in Part 1

Its a very predictable setup, I admit, but I consider it a timeless classic.

Fair enough. I liked the previous arc a lot more so I'm more harsh on Sasuke's rescue. The search for Tsunade mixed travel, training, bonding, action and flashbacks in a relatively non-conventional way so that's the one which sticked to my mind.

Also, dem opening.
youtube.com/watch?v=l3IaNrnthS8

The sound 4 were supposed to be very high tier as in Orochimaru's elite team tier.

Seishun Kyosokyoku was best

Openong 4 was great, but 5 is best naruto opening.
youtube.com/watch?v=Psr4rq-ICu8

pretty good and nostalgic but not as comfy

i'm a man who needs his dose of chill

Then how did Chouji beat one of them?
FUCKING CHOUJI

That's actually good writing. Choji was strong (at least in some contexts) and the narration didn't spend a shit ton of pages to hype him up, for a change.

He cheated

I think Naruto really lost out on a lot of entertainment value when it decided to stop giving people abilities that were down to earth or trickery based. Zabuza, Haku, Kakashi, even Naruto and Sasuke at some point all relied on misdirection and it was pretty interesting to see them fight.

I actually thought Pain was a very cool fighter in that regard. He didn't get by because he could drop the biggest meteors (except that one body with the dumb plot-powered telekinesis abilities), he was a one man army with highly specialized "teammates".

dude drugs lmao

>except that one body with the dumb plot-powered telekinesis abilities
You mean the main one?

If it makes it any better Jirobo is supposedly the weakest of the sound 4 and he is supposed to be real fucking dumb too.
The only thing he had going on for him was his brute strength, the only thing chouji had to do to beat him was out brute force him and that is his clan's specialty.

Yeah. If he could just blow an entire village the fuck out in one go, why bother with any other bodies at all?

My only real issue with the power creep was that plain old taijutsu was just something that happend occasionally.
Usuallynthe beat fights in the series are the fights with taijutsu.

Because the survivors can then fuck him in the ass. The nuke destroyed the village but didn't kill that many people compared to the other bodies' rampage.

What I like with Pain is that he mixes both trickery and OP attacks with all his bodies. It's like an old-school Naruto fight, but on steroids.

What arc are you specifying here?

The great tea race.

If you've read the series it should be obvious by the picture.

honestly the 1st 2 shippuden arcs weren't good but they weren't bad, they were meh

on the other hand everything from the moment Naruto beats Pain onwards just felt like Kishimoto was trying to see how bad he could make Naruto without completely fucking up the sales

JAPANESE HITLER

Nah, I couldn't enjoy it because I never understood the love for sausage. Entire time I was thinking why the fuck do they care so much about that edgy faggot. He was always an asshole to everyone around him. Let him go.

Naruto went straight to the shitter right after Gaara vs Naruto fight ended. Akatsuki intro was cool but ruined by Saucegay going full edge.

I think it really went to shit with the war. The 5 Kage summit was at least fun and had some okay fights with Sauce getting his shit handed to him.

Sage mode was probably the last acceptable powerup that Naruto got, or at least the by far coolest one. I guess kyuubi chakra mode was okay too since he had to defeat Kurama for it and the only thing it did was making him extremely fast. But Tailed Beast Mode and well, bullshit god powers were pretty shitty.

that's true, I actually enjoyed the beggining of the 5 Kage Summit, but then it all came down the moment Naruto had that retarded heart attack

so I guess the leaf's revival was the worst moment of the series but the heart attack was the turning point

Reminder that Kishimoto planned Boruto as of Chapter 20 or whenever Neji was introduced.

Reminder that only a few chapters later, Zaku says his jutsu will be the jutsu of the future and it literally does in the form of the jutsu gun.

Reminder that Haku had two Kekkei Genkai in one, mist and ice power, and is the only person in the series outside of the Fifth Mizukage, Kimimaro, and Kaguya to do so (and Kakuzu but he doesn't really count).

>but sharingan uses genjutsu which we shown naruto has a terrible time with
Except he's literally immune to genjutsu once he befriended Kurama.