Now that the dust has settled, what are Sup Forumss thoughts on pic related?

Now that the dust has settled, what are Sup Forumss thoughts on pic related?

8/10 it's trash

I mostly remember the gay

The gay segments were forced as fuck, but it great, still

First half is trash
Second half is good

Pretty good. The romance was all over the place and seemed a bit forced, but all in all very enjoyable.

Can't tell if you're baiting, sarcastic, or don't know how rating works.

Great, but gays were a forced plot device.

I thought the straights were forced. Like for literally what reason was there for the het end game?

Garbage production values
Paper thin characters
Pretty good storyline.

Forgettable overall, I always forget that it even exists until the occasional thread pops up.

this but unironically. it is kind of YA trash but it has its moments and i enjoyed it

lurk for 2 years before posting retard

>YA trash
Do you even know what "YA" means you fucking retard?

YA = young adult (novel), which is a great way to describe SSY's plot, themes and characters

kys

>kys
So are you actually underage? I could see this show leaving a bigger mark if I watched it back in high school when I read similar dystopias for class.

>le "all of anime's writing is on the level of YA shit" meme
Wew lad

Good story wasted on everything else.

A certain character did nothing wrong.

Wasted on what exactly? What is "everything else"?

First two arcs were boring. Last one was good tho. Squealer was the best.

That wasn't my post. Who are you quoting?

would be absolute kino if it was movie with proper budget

characters and animation quality.

The last one wouldn't be good if it weren't for the previous two which established the setting and the characters.

Still doesn't make them good. Just cause it's set up isn't an excuse.

Also, the 'camera work' in the first few episodes was weird as fuck, it looked somewhat amateur, akin to Berserk 2016.

What's wrong with the animation? It's not god-tier, but it's satisfactory, it gets the job done.
Also what's wrong with the characters? Other than the sudden gay shit between them that happened. Was it pandering to the yuri and yaoi faggots?

I dropped it before the gay. The glacial pace in forty minute episodes just killed it for me.

Meh production values - finance-wise it was wise of A1 to funnel resources into SAO instead - but good directing nevertheless.

It subverted lots of YA novel tropes, actually. Maria is the kind of character who'd usually be the PoV in a dystopian novel, with the anti-system attitude. But we got Saki instead.

Characters were admittedly bland and uninspiring. Squealer and Kiromaru were the only truly good ones.

For me story alone was enough to make it one of the most moving series I have ever watched in my life.

You can rate it however you want basing on what do you value in anime, but anything less than 8/10 and you're dead to me.

My personal favourite anime ever.

Kiromaru is bro-tier, I wish he didn't die
I guess it was either him or her childhood friend, so it was an easy choice, but I loved Kiromaru's character, he deserved a happy ending

Why his actions showed to audience as bad at the first place? He did all he could for his kind. He was trying to prevent extinction by all means, there's no really time for whimsical blabbering on what is morally unacceptable if you put yourself on his place. Assuming how miserable his race was treated by magic users, he did pretty good.

Pretty good, I think most of Sup Forums actually likes it except for the gay bits

>Why his actions showed to audience as bad at the first place?
They weren't. The last episode especially shows this. Hell, queerats are humans with modified DNA. The point is that the whole anime is morally ambiguous.

it was literally few fucking seconds, why does if fucking matter?

Unleashing the fiend on the town isn't shown as just.

Kiromaru is an uncle tom, he had to die.

It was shown neutrally, for what it was. It was never commented as being morally wrong,
except for the humans themselves, but that doesn't matter in the long run. There's no objective narrators which comment on whether or not something a character did was right or wrong. The point is that both humans and queerats aren't "good", both are morally bad,
but queerats are a bit less, as they are being treated like shit, so they at least have a reason to behave like they did. Also, selfishness is a big motive in the anime, especially near the end when Saki refused to let her friend die so she could save THE WHOLE FUCKING WORLD. Jesus Christ.

Does that term come from "Uncle Tom's Cabin"? I read it a long ago when I was younger, it was a great, but depressing read.

Why even watch this trash when Nagi no Asukara explores similiar themes in much more mature and deep way? With actual experienced and talented director in charge and not some fucking hack from nowhere.

A Masterpiece

The only thing deep about that show is the ocean.

Reminder that in the manga Saki becomes a lesbian pedophile rapist, who cucks a boy who just wanted to keep his cute girlfriend safe.

the only deep thing in your answer is your mothers vagina

Manga is an unimaginable piece of shit, don't even talk about it

>Does that term come from "Uncle Tom's Cabin"?
Yes.

If you compare SSY's writing to YA novels, then you're obligated to do so with the writing for all anime.

Most anime writing is absolute garbage. Being in a high percentile for anime doesn't make SSY's writing not YA-tier

The animation was distractingly bad for some of the early episodes, when Saki and Satoru were with Squealer and his group. Like I was trying to pay attention to the plot but I couldn't stop myself from thinking "damn, this anime looks really bad right now, what happened".

Luckily it got better.

Your insecurities forcing you to call others retarded because they don't understand your lame jokes?

Y-You got me.

pic related

Not every novel with young MCs is YA, user.

Like 6/10, it was okay, I wouldn't watch it again though.

It's weird to me that recently there's a lot of people that praise it as some sorta masterpiece. Back when it was airing, like 50/60% of the SSY threads on Sup Forums were complaints about the writing/animation.