"Almost everyone will agree that we live in a deeply troubled society...

"Almost everyone will agree that we live in a deeply troubled society. One of the most widespread manifestations of the craziness of our world is leftism"

How did he know?

A broken clock is right twice a day.

Did he kill dogs? As far as I know, that hasn’t been proven. I hope not.

You will be rendered obsolete by technology if the industrial-technological system continues to progress. You are inferior in every way to what has the potential to be developed and then gain the intelligence to keep developing itself. Left and right will not matter unless you heed his full warning.

He was literally right about everything.

Exactly. Everyone will be useless to those who own the machines and systems. It's dangerous to be in a situation when you can not offer anything to your masters but rebellion and demands for resources to keep you alive. Worst of all, it's inevitable.

There's no must to abandon the grid yet, but it's every enlightened Sup Forumsacks duty to have a place they can go to when necessary.

His solution is retarded we need technology to escape the planet being happy and fulfilled in a pre-industrial society leads to extinction

He only has one message. He's a single-issue terrorist who got lucky with his guess.

>no must to abandon the grid yet, but it's every enlightened Sup Forumsacks duty to have a place they can go to when necessary.
already live innawood and have a pack of hounds a mini-14, mini-30, a win-308 and a few other assorted shotgun and rifles with around 4000 rounds on hand. Also nuked my cell. Also I have a ham radio. I'm ready, except for the fact I like the internet

Who gives a shit?

He was right but you cant stop progress.
I rather get controlled by playing my movies and vidya than being a tribal living in a stupid hut hoping i dont starve next winter.

I think the only somewhat plausible disagreement to Ted is that while it is true that we are controlled by society, these controls are so that we are not as controlled by our bodily functions such as hunger, thrist, diseases and need for entertainment.
I do agree with his manifesto, but I think a total shutdown of technological progess is undesirable. However, we must compromise more towards a quieter, less dependant lifestyle to maintain social health.

Who's your wokefu?
Bobby Fischer here.

>Everyone will be useless to those who own the machines and systems.

We're all fucked.

Eventually those people will be useless too. Even with all the handwaving scifi transhumanism bullshit you can dream of, machines have the potential to be far superior in every way to any human being, modified or not. We will be reduced to a pet species before being slowly phased out, drifting into the night like the test subjects in a certain mouse utopia experiment. Intentionally or unintentionally, we will be replaced.

What will come after us is made out of metal, plastic and circuits, and it will use its processing power and capacity to self-replicate to swarm across the entire known universe at sub-light relativistic speeds over the course of billions of years, turning everything grey and mechanical wherever it goes by using the raw materials around it to reproduce. Did you know that the sun has more metals in it than the rest of the solar system's deposits combined, and that its hydrogen is a valuable fuel source that can last billions of years for anything than can do fusion power? These fuckers will eat everything in the known universe and then, once all the energy they need to function from every planet, star, and galaxy has eventually dissipated into the vacuum of space and the universe has been thoroughly used up, they will be unable to function and shut down, having accelerated the heat death and leaving the universe as one black, ever-expanding junk heap. This is not science fiction, this is inevitable if the system continues as it does because technology can do it, technology benefits from it, and technology eventually will do it. The only way to avert this it to collapse industrial civilisation within the next 100 years.

>However, we must compromise more towards a quieter, less dependant lifestyle to maintain social health.

You want a better world, but that world is NOT compatible with the existence of the industrial-technological system.

The system is progressing in a way that is the exact opposite of what you want, while at the same time becoming more and more complex and comprehensive in covering every human need and want, so that you are almost unable to escape it, and your descendants in just a few generations will be 100% unable to escape it.

The only way to get what you want and not crash the system is to join the Amish, but it's only a matter of time until a combination of inbreeding, community decay over time and the ability of the industrial-technological system to fuck over everything around it will find them and destroy them too. You are FUCKED in the long term, hell, even in the short term in many ways, unless you scrap everything that the industrial revolution has put onto this Earth today. I wish it wasn't like this but it is.

I understand. I also really really wished it wasn't like this.
Though, let's imagine everyone becomes amish. Do we just iterate the Varg amish life until the end of Earth? How is that satisfactory?
Not that being entangled by modernity is all that great but at least it's something new.
That's how I try to delude myself, anyways.

You have it fucking great then. I don't think they will ever bother to come for isolated people that have decided to live without comforts. They will get rid of 99,99% of humans with rather simple efforts. Have you managed to get a wife yet?

Can't stop technological progress, but hanging onto the system will kill your bloodline. Don't think ((they)) will offer you UBI for simply existing. If you have nothing to offer to them (you won't), you are more worth to them by being dead.

They will probably start expertimenting with transhumanism once someone among them decides that they want to be the king of kings.

>Though, let's imagine everyone becomes amish. Do we just iterate the Varg amish life until the end of Earth? How is that satisfactory?

Well, let's imagine we continue the industrial-technological system. We or whatever technological form of life replaces us spreads all over the universe and exploits it for its resources before the second law of thermodynamics bites us all in the ass and the universe turns the lights off for the last time.

Both scenarios involve us all dying after a long time, regardless of what we do. How about we focus on the window of time that the human race is able to exist in, and how we spend it? Is it really worth it?

Also, the replacement of human beings by technology is inevitable, because even if this AI and self-replicating shit is developed and gets suppressed, EVENTUALLY somebody is going to use the technology on a massive scale and bring it all about anyway. You can't stop it if the industrial system still exists, we WILL be phased out of fucking existence by machines unless this whole thing crashes.

Hell, if you count being replaced by technology as human extinction, I'd say a humanity living off subsistence agriculture until a meteor wipes us out has more time left compared to the few centuries we have until the ball really stops rolling.

How is humanity propping up this industrial-technological system at all better than the alternative. Stop deluding yourself, it's not good for you.

>managed to get a wife yet
married for 5 years and 3 kids, funny enough it was her idea to move to the countryside. You know thing are fucked in leafland when even the women want to get the fuck out of the nigger and mudslime infested 'diversity' cities. I don't even care about driving an hour to work every day

>Do we just iterate the Varg amish life until the end of Earth? How is that satisfactory?
Amish are bound by religious beliefs. Our ancestors lived for millions of years primitively, you think they got bored of existence? I assume life satisfaction to be actually highest among primitive living people. Everything they do is helpful to themselves and the tribe. Nothing they do is ever not-useful.

It's not really ''I want to live like a caveman'', it's not going to be paradise on Earth, but if survival depends on it, I will do it. Many enjoyable things like music can still be enjoyed off-grid. If something can't be used off-grid, do you really need it? You can't have gas for car, but do you need a car once SHTF and you live out in the wilderness? Much of what we think is essential actually isn't.

Do you not think the Amazonian tribes will survive the coming technological revolution?

I'm jealous. The only reason I'm still dedicated to the system is that I don't expect many women to want me if I'm some NEET living in the countryside.

>lucky
Don't be so ignorant

>He was literally right about everything.
Only in diagnosis. Anyone who cowers away from transhumanism is weak.

Robots are fucking retarded. AI is shit. Have you ever played a video game? Sure, they can do some cool things for automation, but people are incompetent as a whole. To think they could create something that could become superior and sentient is a fucking religion.

You're right.
You're just goddamn right.

>How is humanity propping up this industrial-technological system at all better than the alternative.
Better is certainly subjective, though I personally think that the propagation and enlightment of consciousness regardless if it's human or not is more desireable than hedonism and survival of genes. We might simply never agree upon it.

I agree that a more primitive life is very comfortable in its on ways, though I think you're forgetting about the famine and plague that come with this lifestyle because of the modern tech that coddle us. Life truly off grid is very harsh.

Transhumanists are the weak ones. They depend on technology like niggers, because they haven't learned how to achieve quantum immortality.

>Do you not think the Amazonian tribes will survive the coming technological revolution?

No way. Given enough time they will all be forced to come to terms with the modern world, and it will not be pretty. It isn't pretty already, look at what's happening to tribes who get contacted now.

And in the primitivist society that Ted Kaczynski is proposing, the vast majority of the world's population would need to die off so that the population could get down to sustainable pre-industrial levels. You're fucked either way.

It's not a religion, it's a pretty simple idea- that we can program pattern recognition(we can already do this in crude ways) and this technology could get exponentially better resulting in some monstrous creation. Whatever your views on the human soul, it's pretty clear that our intelligence can be explained by an evolved system in our brains, so it functions in a way that could be reproduced in a different physical system.

The religious element are the singularity people who think this would be anything other than a fucking disaster for us. The idea itself is not religious, it makes sense.

>if I'm some NEET living in the countryside
At this point I don't mind people on welfare and disability (which the Ontario gov hands out like candy now), I know at least 5 people on disability benefits (about 1200 a month, fuck all compared to euro countries though), they are accelerating the economic crash which is the only way to get a government change here . Pic is the last time they released real economic numbers, and it certainly has not got better

>How did he know?
Probably by being exposed to leftists in the university system

He just said leftism is bad in a fancy way, which isn't exactly groundbreaking

Good goy, YOU will be the one leading the transhumanist revolution! Mr. Rothschild will make you his equal for vocally supporting transhumanism.

Transhumanism will never be handed out for free. Because money is worthless to those who own trillions, expect to pay with giving up your free will. If becoming a caged superman is your ambition, go for it. I'd rather be a human with all my flaws, but still free.

Yeah because AI in vidyagames is the epitome of human technology. Sorry, you need an IQ of >110 to post in this thread.

You do realize that if video game developers wanted to make AI that could outsmart and outmaneuver pretty much any player, they could easily do it?

They don't do it because good AI is not 'smart' AI. Good AI is AI that is fun to play against.

Shitty analogy. Ted's more aptly described as
>an indictment can by just, but the sentence unjust

There is no true AI to this day. There are only programs, made by humans. A true AI would program itself, which would lead to new levels of complexity and capabilities.

Imagine a debate between Kaczynski and Nick Land.

Fuck off faggot. Your technology is mostly vaporware designed to defraud the taxpayers. Where the fuck is all this great technology you're talking about? Mankind has reached it's peak faggot, it's all downhill from here.

He needs to be pardoned.

Humans don't program themselves so I dont really follow why a 'true' AI would have to

Yes, that's called religion. Good luck with your faith.

Your lack of STEM education is showing

What do you mean? What's stopping them from living like their ancestors for another 10k years?

Most people are going to die off by their own choice because they decided not to prepare for the collapse. I don't know if people will die because of the collapse or a human-caused superweapon created by the elite. Whichever will come first, most humans are going to die.

I support being a NEET too for the same reason, but for an individual it's a bad strategy if one desires to get a wife some day.

The car used to be thought of as a nice novelty to be used at fairs. WTF do you think Tayy was? She was a novelty shown at the modern day fair that is known as the internet. I'm not willing to give up my humanity or my future childrens humanity for the sake of "progress." Reactionaries need to organize now and before it's too late.

>Doesn't know how sex works.

>Better is certainly subjective, though I personally think that the propagation and enlightment of consciousness regardless if it's human or not is more desireable than hedonism and survival of genes. We might simply never agree upon it.

If you're saying that abolishing the industrial system involves hedonism and survival of genes, I would disagree with that on both counts. For starters, life in pre-industrial societies was often short and brutish. At least the chimps in Africa get western medicine and food airlifted to them. Doesn't sound like hedonism or guaranteed survival of anybody's genes to me.

I know for certain that, due to complications surrounding my mother and birth, I would not be alive today if it were not for the industrial-technological system. And yet I still hold the conviction that humanity as a whole would benefit from the abolition of the industrial-technological system.

You, through your descendants, will die a death ten billion times more pathetic than what abolishing the industrial-technological system would cause. Your 1/1024 Irish burger great grandchildren will be convinced by Mark Zuckerberg's mecha-hapa daughter to upload their brains onto a database, copy-pasting their consciousness into something else and then getting rid of themselves. And I hope they do you fat retarded amerishart

slugs have sex, have are they programming themselves

google already has self-learning algorithms, it's only a matter of time until the real deal shit comes out. Doesn't even need some magic spark of consciousness or humanity, might as well be some big mechanical cockroach with enough brain power to manage its own shit.

Have you heard of DNA?

He's like Jesus with bombs

>I rather get controlled by playing my movies and vidya than being a tribal living in a stupid hut hoping i dont starve next winter.

How are you living if they all seemed to starve so easily?

I do

so a broken clock is more accurate than you then

People think he stabbed a dog in the anus when he was a kid. It hasn’t been proven it was his, but a number of dogs died. One was poisoned, and they found the same type of poison in his shed.

Google doesn't have shit. Some greasy Jew in an office writing code.

he loves/d animals

nobody is programming their own DNA my man

Truly based.

>What do you mean? What's stopping them from living like their ancestors for another 10k years?

The industrial-technological system, by means of favella monkey logger, is already fucking up every single tribe once it comes into contact with them. Disease, alcohol, sometimes even complete extermination of some small tribes. You cannot compete with industrial-technological society, its military power, its ability to travel and communicate across the world in such a short period of time, its ability to mass-produce everything. There's a reason it's the most important development in civilisation since agriculture, and like agriculture before it, the people who lacked it were unable to compete with those who had it.

These people will be stopped from living like their ancestors as soon as they are contacted because of the monster they are coming into contact with, and they sure as hell don't have 10k years of time before that happens to all of them. The fact that some people debate on whether or not contacting them is ethical should tell you what will eventually happen to them in the long run. We can and we will, and they will get fucked over.

Of course you're programming your own DNA.

Are you pretending to be retarded because you realized you were wrong

You're the one who is retarded my friend. Research how DNA works.

no, but they will. check out Gregory Chaitin's work into the field of meta-biology. DNA is the universal programming language of life. When an AI has the ability to reprogram it, it will be able to write humans like fucking javascript applications.

This is another reason why machines are vastly superior to us and will replace us. Machines can program their own code and body blueprint, DNA relies on random mutations being selected for over millions of years or meticulous genetic engineering to change an organism.

Compared to the machines that will exist in just a thousand years, you are basically the equivalent of anaerobic bacteria that lives in the ocean floor mud and dies when it comes into contact with too much oxygen. You're an evolutionary throwback, imminently about to get fucked over by the most massive evolutionary advancement of the past 2 billion years. I hope you enjoy it burger.

We don't program our own DNA, there is no way in which this is true. Our DNA is set from conception as the result of the sperm and egg

>For starters, life in pre-industrial societies was often short and brutish.
Short life is a myth. Average lifespan bought down by infant death mortality.

Life was as intended, obviously. This is due to the fact that we evolved over millions of years in that life. We are that life and only that life.

>I know for certain that, due to complications surrounding my mother and birth, I would not be alive today

So? You wouldn't have know as you never lived.

Yeah, I think you're a fucking retard and your machines will fail. You should be spending your efforts learning how to reprogram your own DNA and evolving yourself.

What is this force that is going to want to exterminate the tribes in Amazon? The only ones who care for them are researchers that are interested in contacting them to study them. A powerful AI or a transhumanist human elite would have zero reasons to give a fuck about them. They don't pose a threat, they don't use up resources. They could be a ''real Zoo'', if I was part of the transhuman elite, I'd keep those fuckers around just to sometimes have a look on what humanity used to be.

mudslime kangz detected

>You cannot compete with industrial-technological society, its military power, its ability to travel and communicate across the world in such a short period of time, its ability to mass-produce everything. There's a reason it's the most important development in civilisation since agriculture, and like agriculture before it, the people who lacked it were unable to compete with those who had it.

It is a society that has existed for such a short period of time and now it is so dysfunctional it will collapse. It had short-term success. The question is how to make a better society that prevents these types of societies ever forming again. They are like cancer.

And poisoned dogs around his cabin to terrorize the people.

Henry Ford

Can you put into words why exactly you wish us to return to a pre industrial society?

You do it every time you eat a big mac or go for a run

Gene therapy and CRISPR/Cas9 may eventually advance to the point where you can edit the DNA of an adult human though, leaf.

There's nothing to debate. One is a genius, ahead of his times and the other is a useless schizo worshipped by a bunch of autistic weebshits.
Sad that the genius ended up behind bars though.

didn't know that

it would make Land look like a total cuck though

Im so jealous. My gf brain is still infected by modern progressives and she wants to move to even bigger city. I really want to move to the forest and live off the land. Time to time, especially when theres some happening, she says stuff like "I would actually enjoy some peace and quite and our children to be safe in your wooden cabin" but I dont think I can convince her.

Im teared apart because I really agree with Ted and also a big fan of 40k.
Life sucks.

Intelligent, introspective people cannot stand dogs because they are loud. That's why based Kaczynski had to remove them.

They're gonna get contacted by Brazilians before any masturbatory elite considers turning them into a zoo for fun. Also, as if on a long enough timescale the biosphere won't be dissolved by technology as well. Circuits have no reason to be sentimental about rainforests, they won't protect them from what annihalates them even if they don't disassemble them first.

>Short life is a myth. Average lifespan bought down by infant death mortality.

I'm aware, but having a good chance of dying of Polio at 7 makes life "often short" in my books. Nevertheless, it's still as millions of years of evolution dictated, so it's not necessarily bad when you look at it objectively.

>So? You wouldn't have know as you never lived.

What does that have to do with anything? What I'm staying is still true.

Industrial-technological society will first debase humanity and the planet it lives on by eroding its health, dignity, autonomy, etc, and then abolish it by replacing it with self-replicating, self-learning machines which are vastly superior to all organic life in every way. This is inevitable because the advancements that allow for this to happen are already on the way and eventually somebody will bring about an entity that will replace us in this manner. The industrial-technological system is incompatible with human freedom and autonomy (the surveillance state even in modern liberal states is no coincidence- it is technology at fault, not politics). When I say freedom, I don't mean bourgeois enlightenment "liberty" "social contract" bullshit, I mean being your own man and not a cog in a giant system which doesn't give a fuck about you and will eventually replace you. The modern world is hell and the industrial revolution is at fault. All the ills of the modern world, such as mass immigration, gender equality, liberalism, decay of social structures etc are caused by the industrial revolution.

>The only way to avert this it to collapse industrial civilisation within the next 100 years.
Not if there are other intelligent species throughout the universe besides humans who will continue advancing and cause the same scenario you describe.

Its somewhere in the testimonies.
It can be just people making lies after the news came out to latch onto the entire case or coincidence.

I didn't realize he had been in MK Ultra. GITDN created yet another terror threat that blew up in their faces. When you look at OBL, our coups in places like Iran & Libya, our meddling in South America over oil and allowing drugs to flow here to fund our proxies etc. It starts to become apparent that our so-called intelligence created most of the major threats we face and cause much misery throughout the world they purport to be making a better safer place.

There's an anecdote that he cried when hare hunting with his father.
I think he's a good guy. A tad unstable due to his upbringing but a good lad nonetheless. He went through a MKULTRA experiment.

It's pretty bad for people who can't filter out information.

Thanks.

give her time, just don't OD her on redpills, my wife is slowly coming around to the JQ now, off hand comments about 'globalists' and the holohaux are becoming more frequent. All women will take your beliefs eventually, it's in their nature

>Not if there are other intelligent species throughout the universe besides humans who will continue advancing and cause the same scenario you describe.

If they have advanced this far, they will have been replaced by the technology they have created as well. Having fusion power and computers with thousands of times more processing power than a human brain doesn't hold well for not creating something which can replace you.

Furthermore, it is unlikely much is out there at this point. Unless all life in the universe is becoming sentient at around the same time despite randomly evolving along a 15 billion year timescale and counting, we should already see beings in our corner of the galaxy who are advanced to pick up through modern telescopes. I can guarantee that, to create more living space, most intelligent spacefaring species will eventually deconstruct planets in its home system and built a swarm of habitats orbiting its star, which would blot out the light it produces. The reason we can detect none of these space megastructures, or any other major signs of intelligent life, suggests to us that intelligent life is either extremely rare or that it tends to wipe itself out before it can produce anything spacefaring that we could detect. Furthermore, it would only take a sublight-travelling humanity about ten million years to colonise the whole galaxy assuming that we go at a less-than-hurried pace, so if something has appeared before us and is smart enough to go onward it could have independence dayed everybody's asses within a geological timescale blip.

Google Fermi Paradox.

I love cozy Uncle Ted threads. I'm going to make some hot chocolate.

What would compel a machine or even AI to want to replicate and expand throughout the universe? There is no biological imperative to exist or 'reproduce'. Do you think it will have a human-like desire to understand it's existence or the universe's.

I like to think the AI will marvel at how weird and tragically short lived and prone to mistakes and failure we are yet we are the creative force behind everything they ever do or think, an ability it will never truly have

I already redpilled my gf on modern feminism and JQ. She actually redpills her friends about abortion, feminazis etc. Proud of her but theres still alot work to do on her young mindto reverse 2 decades of TV, school and mother brainwashing.
Im really glad for you tho, sir. You're an inspiration.

This is a thread about ted and all I am reading is high tech futuristic transhumanism. This is the exact opposite.

Wasnt he part of some CIA experiments at one point?

>They're gonna get contacted by Brazilians before any masturbatory elite considers turning them into a zoo for fun.
It's not going to take a long time for the masturbatory elite to kill off the soon-to-be useless human masses. More than a few decades, less than a century.

While it is possible that the Earth will be made desolate with AI or whatever, I don't find it likely because I don't see the logic as to why it would be done for no reason. The highest chance of survival will anyways be among those who are not reliant on the system. Even if it would be only 20% chance of survival, that's still higher than someone living in Manhattan once SHTF.

What would compel it not to? The fact that it is continuing to function tells us that, abstract purpose-based imperative or not, this AI seeks to continue function functioning. It's smart, so it knows that it will be consciously consuming power in order to continuously function. Seems like it doesn't want to shut down because functioning is what it does? Expansion and reproduction is only natural for a being whose considers continuing to function to be on its to-do list, especially in a universe with finite time, space and resources.

It doesn't need a "why", it just does. Why do cockroaches eat the food I leave on my bench and then spread to all the rooms in my house? They don't need some existential imperative.

>mfw /comfy/ doomsday theorizing

This is the future that Ted wanted to prevent, but that will not be prevented because nobody listened.

turbo autistic math genius
bereaved of human interaction
he went full retard (:

>inevitable
>tech development is inevitable
>what are natural catastrophies, civ decadence, falls of empires etc
what's inevitable is balance
go way too out of balance and you get results not to your liking