So what exactly were they thinking when they made it so that you'd need to have watched the MVs and read the manga to...

So what exactly were they thinking when they made it so that you'd need to have watched the MVs and read the manga to make full sense of the anime?

I liked the music and the visuals, but I can't help but feel they jumped the shark a little on the anime adaptation.

Mekaku thread?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/c1dSOJTmFWg
youtube.com/watch?v=wgRLyBrGMV8
youtu.be/102Gb0yNYBM
youtube.com/watch?v=3IeWvTwzMOg
youtube.com/watch?v=6aM983e_pNc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If you think most of Sup Forums is old enough to remember you're mistaken

The music segments took up too much time but they had to do them because muh marketing. I wouldn't be surprised if Jin tried to protest against them but the producers refused to budge. Jin believes that covers aren't even "his" songs anymore.

Also, the music was SHIT and the visuals were SHIT. I also fully expect Jin's other series to get ruined too when it eventually gets an anime adaption.

I actually did like what they did with the music (covers) and felt that some of the singers did a great job with it- the visuals are very SHAFT, which is kind of a weakpoint but does lend to the surreal landscape the series pushes out constantly with the heat haze scenes. It's sad that they did seem to run low on budget nearing episode 8 onwards and the visuals definitely did suffer for it.

Ayano's theory of happiness OP was a fucking travesty though

anime should have just been 100% ai waifu shenanigans, honestly

The build up to the graveyard visit went better than expected

None of the surreal shit described in the light novels was even in the anime, because they didn't have any budget to draw it.

There are plenty of anime that pander to people with shit taste like yours.

Kagepro thread then?

It only aired a few years ago, not that long ago.

Is this series still ongoing? What is it exactly? Still just music videos with ambiguous stories?

Loosely connected MVs about a string of events with the same source, then manga+LN happened after.

It aired a few years back

I only noticed the silhouette of the crying girl in this scene on my second watch, feelsbad

Momo literally mind controls thousands of people for the purpose of financial gain.

The main content, in terms of comprehensiveness, is the light novel, but there are also some events that are only shown in the manga. Both are still going.

It was just another trying to cash in on x popular thing.

The anime seems to imply that the LN, manga and the MVs are different routes on the very last episode via some flashback shit, could be mistaken since i don't recall a lot of it

I watched this with no context at all and I've never hated a show more.

Ene deserved much better. She was wasted on this show.

Takane a cute

I hope that the anime route isn't the canon one, the LN and manga routes are infinitely better.

Even with context I thought the show was pretty garbage. Judging it as a standalone show it's a hot mess.

Ene a cute.

But my suicide waifu got her happy end

Latest manga chapters are Haruka's story, which is indirectly Takane's story. Here we see Haruka realizing that the girl he just spent several minutes talking to about death wasn't actually listening.

Translations never though(unless we get lucky or we wait until the official release catches up.)

Ayano is a BITCH.

I like suicide waifu too but she's more a more interesting character dead.

Pls no

I had no clue about all the MV shit going into this and was just utterly baffled. There were bits and pieces that were interesting, so I hung in to see how it all came together.

Boy that was a mistake.

Iirc the anime is the 'true' end based on the last episode (where they reference the ln, manga and mvs to be failed/alternate routes leading to the anime's conclusion)

I don't know anything about this anime at all save for the CG shitposting when it aired, but I fucking adore the OP. One of my favourites.

Ever since Haruhi, so many have played the too-clever-by-half hopscotch-timeline meme. What often happens is by the time you finally see enough to piece together the story, you just don't give a shit anymore.

This

It's basically just a story about Nietzsche philosophy.

There is a chance that the anime wasn't the last loop just because of how the snek was defeated. The snek is the idea of evil basically, so he cannot be quelled as long as resentment exists in the heart of the queen. Might have just been shitty directing though.

youtu.be/c1dSOJTmFWg

I liked this one

Another thing that happens in recent manga chapters is Momo becoming flat.

Shintaro was the best if he was the only MC thats would be great didnt like other waste of time

I don't understand what you're talking about

The other thing Jin is working on is progressing at light speed so hopefully it will be more palatable.

What's the title?

It's called Nirvana and it's serialized in the same magazine as the Kagerou Daze manga(Comic Gene).

it was fucking SHIT

To this day I can't understand why couldn't this show just had been about a boy with a virtual girl that follows him trough the internet. The show was so good, and then they tucked up by introducing the other characters

You're right the first episode was pretty fun. It was really promising.

Because that's generic shit.

>mekakushitty is fucking three years old now

Male characters should've been faceless guys so we can self insert. Pandering to landwhales was mistake.The girls were cute.

I'm starting to feel old.

>because of how the snek was defeated

Snek was defeated because he took on a wish that was easily granted. By the rules of the series, once the wish of the host is fulfilled, the snake disappears. Even if Hiyori starts to wish for something that cannot be granted, the personality of the old snek was erased.

Where can I find raws? Baidu?

I gave it an episode and it didn't make much sense; are you saying it doesn't get any better unless you've seen the MV's?

it feels like it's betting on the viewer having seen/read the other related media in order to make sense of it for the most part

wasn't the snake consumed to bring Hiyori back to life? In the first place, if people die and get stuck into the heat haze how does bringing them back work? It's stated that the kids got stuck with a snake as a surrogate life and brought back, so does reality rewrite itself into them not dying or something?

I can respect that, but it seems like the kind of thing that would only appeal to fans of the original stuff.

yeah which is what i think OP was driving at. I kind of follow the other kagepro things so for me the anime was ok, didn't really feel like i missed out much but it helped close the loop.

do wish it had more time. 12eps is too short for this

The snake was used to bring Hiyori back to life. It does not contradict what I said before.

My guess is that the kid comes out "miraculously unscathed" from whatever incident they were involved in. Ayano is going to have a tough time fitting back into society since Kano faked being her dead body and she has been "dead" for years.

They saw what a roaring success Yuuna Yuushsidhdbries was domestically, then thought "those blithering idiots at CR will happily buy half a show: they did last time!".

You have to understand that the producers in Japan give literally no fucks about the West. They happily hand off disparate parts of "multimedia projects" to Western localisers, knowing full well that they will tank, because they only see entities like CR as sources of free money.

My wife Ayano is so cute and was best girl and I'm so glad she is now canonically alive.

It's called a "non-linear narrative", and it's common and well-understood in more grown-up media.

>My wife

Excuse me?

You heard me. MY. WIFE.

Sorry to inform you that you are wrong. She is MY WIFE.

Fuck off that's my wife

I really have no idea what everyone's gripe is.
I only saw a couple of the MVs as background, and understood everything well enough. If there's some kind of plot I'm missing, it mustn't have been too important.

But Ene doesn't like the MC so a bunch of fans would be pissed off and call it NTR

I watched this with no context at all and I fell in love with the show immediately.

>a kagepro thread that didn't die over night

nani

anyways, Reload's still a thing that's (supposed) to be coming out soon. What studio do you want for it?

I personally still want Shaft, just with better scheduling so it wouldn't look like shit

What about the movie that came out?

>Ayano wasn't in the movie at all.

Dropped at the speed of light.

Worst girl.
Ene is way better.

Tell me your address right now. No one talks shit about Ayano.

Don't make Ayano sad.

I really felt so happy when Ayano came back

She was cuter with black hair and dead fish eyes

the movie at this point is just bd rips when, it was a huge clusterfuck apparently

SHAFT would definitely work best for this sort of work I think, given the kind of stuff they usually tackle.

Either that, or Brain's base (?)

youtube.com/watch?v=wgRLyBrGMV8

Brain's Base died when all their durarara/bancano staff formed shuka

Rip, better go with Shuka then

You saw it?

Can I get a tl;dr on what this is? I'm kinda confused even after a google search

Haven't been into anime in a few years (Serious bout of depression basically) so I'm pretty much an anime-retard at this point..

Mekakucity Actors, the anime adaption of Kagerou Project which is a mutimedia series consisting of songs, LNs, and a manga

this definitely isnt the kind of anime to watch if you're getting back into it though, the plot's confusing as shit unless you're aware of the series to some degree and shaft was literally dying while the anime was made so the visuals are kinda shit

at its core its basically a bunch of chunni kids doing chunni things

A demon had a shit life and she wished a world into existence that turned on her and proceeds to suck people who die on a certain day and time into it, and then spits them out into the living world with a fragment of power

I actually only got into it because an artiste I like did a cover for one of the songs (kuusou forest) and then i kind of started watching the other music videos which then led to reading the LN and manga because of the weird plot- anime closed the gaps for me so it wasn't so bad overall but could be better

>anime closed the gaps

we're getting a new anime soon, and its apparently supposed to be retconning the anime route. but we haven't got any news on it since August

If Ayano stays dead I swear to god i'm dropping a 3rd nuke on japan

Jesus christ fucking stop. The MVs didn't need a anime to explain it. I loved Kagepro before tumblr and the SHAFT anime ruined it for me.

>trying to make Ayano stay dead again

No, no thank you I do not like this. I want cute Ayano adventures while she is alive okay.

;_;

Ayano a shit
Ene best girl

youtu.be/102Gb0yNYBM

Here comes the heartbreak express

>tfw Lost Time Memory
>tfw Ayano's Theory of Happiness

youtube.com/watch?v=3IeWvTwzMOg

youtube.com/watch?v=6aM983e_pNc

superior cover