Can you help me understand gentrification...

Can you help me understand gentrification? It's happening in my neighborhood and want to be knowledgeable in the topic if asked. Thank you and have a wonderful day

chicagotribune.com/dining/ct-food-pilsen-restaurant-graffiti-20180108-story,amp.html

how do you know its Happening to your neighborhood if you dont even know what it is?

Well I somewhat know what it is. My people are being kicked out through rent hikes and price hikes. Just in the last year a couple new business opened up bringing in yuppies. Another reason is because I'm starting to see more bash the fash and other unrelated things. I.e

niggers move into white neighborhood
chimp around until its so bad white people leave
white people feel guilty
start business in chimp area
chimps burn it down because its white

2/3

>nigger neighborhood
>shit, but cheap life conditions
>whites move in and make it better
>good, but more expensive life conditions
>"REEEEE gentrification"

3/3
Notice how they only add... Maybe 4 lines out of the whole novel with something to include the neighborhood they reside in. One of the reasons I believe is that I live by UIC

>white people leave niggerfied areas
>"REEEEE WHITE FLIGHT YOU CAN'T TAKE YOUR TAX DOLLARS AND LEAVE!!!"
>white people move into niggerfied areas
>"REEEEE GENTRIFICATION YOU CAN' TURN OUR HELLHOLE INTO A BETTER PLACE!!!"

If I'm going to correct you I'll do it right. It's a spic neighborhood that has slowly been on the up and up since all the local gangbangers have either died or grown old. Also kind of how Muslims built a mosque right by the 9/11 site hipsters built some shitty club right across from one of the older churches in Chicago on 18th Street

You expect anyone to read that wall of text over multiple sideways images?

Transcribe that shit if you want anyone to care

White people move to a shitty place, the shitty place becomes nice (because white people tend to like nice things) and property values increase. Poor browns that live there can’t afford it anymore, so they have to move to a new shitty place.

Think of what happens when a bunch of Mexicans move into a nice white neighborhood, but in reverse.

Gentrification is a nice way of saying that Whites are taking back their neighborhoods.

It was already improving before the whites moved in. I personally don't blame them. If anything I blame realtors and my alderman selling my neighborhood out for a couple cents. Good thing I can vote in the local election and get more people to vote

Wouldn't it be nicer to call it urban recolonization?

This is two things
1)
2) that the left really can't meme

>taking back the North side
fucking why?

What pisses me off about the gentrification shit is that the place where I grew up is a disgusting ghetto now, because the Mexicans took over. I can’t drive by my childhood home without locking my doors. This is a-ok.

But when white people do the same shit to them, but in reverse, liberals lose their shit. White people can not win unless we decide to live like the minorities, which I refuse to do.

Faggots

Then don't. I believe that every person can live together but not "together". If the whites took the North side and some of the west side and blacks kept the hellhole they live in and we do the same everything would be better

Because being a spic is worse then being white but way better then being a black. Before the whites take over the blacks they'll start with Hispanics

It's a cycle, it works like a washing machine. Blockbust successful white area by dumping blacks in -> ghettoification as whites leave area -> fallow period where it simply becomes neglected wasteland full of criminality and poverty -> Gentrification as yankee carpetbagging hipsters come into area because it's so cheap to get into it, begin building economic activity and burgeoning white population prices blacks out of the area -> successful area becomes target of Blockbusting effort again

Why tho? Why not let people settle without fucking everything up?

Sounds like that neighborhood was hideously hispanic.

Bingo! But it's weird because now everyone is getting fucked. I blame the people that live here who never worked hard to buy thier own house or never aspired to be better

The quick rundown OP is that I come to your pathetic hood, buy a house that's not in that bad of a shape, usually very big house and usually for dirt cheap. Then I get to work, fix everything from the ground up, make it look prettier than it's ever been and double or even triple my money.

A few more people do this and the prices start going up since, A) that's the new average in the neighborhood now and B) Cause it looks much nicer.

People that can afford this places however, aren't of the exotic complexion, thus they're forced to move further out and the cycle continues