Stanford study finds bias in police search

mercurynews.com/2017/06/19/police-stop-black-and-latino-drivers-more-often-than-whites-stanford-study-finds/

>"Police officers across the United States are more likely to cite, search and arrest black and Latino drivers during routine traffic stops than white drivers, according to an analysis of traffic stop data conducted by Stanford University researchers."

I thought pol said police officers arent discriminating against minorities?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xyx85IyZ5s8
hse.ru/data/2011/04/04/1211642105/iqparkingNyeJones.pdf
openpolicing.stanford.edu/
kdvr.com/2017/08/23/13-year-old-driver-caught-with-25-pounds-of-meth/
kekbfm.com/colorado-police-discover-heroin-and-crystal-meth-in-traffic-stop-near-grand-junction/
kool1079.com/i-70-loma-traffic-stop-33-pounds-meth-heroin/
nbc11news.com/content/news/CSP-seizes-76-pounds-of-meth-after-I-70-traffic-stop-467164873.html
westernslopenow.com/news/local-news/i-70-drug-bust-nets-40-pounds-of-meth/257955396
journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/0093854815628026
pbs.org/newshour/nation/fbi-white-supremacists-in-law-enforcement
theintercept.com/2017/01/31/the-fbi-has-quietly-investigated-white-supremacist-infiltration-of-law-enforcement/
usatoday.com/story/news/2015/01/15/miami-police-target-practice-mug-shots-blacks/21834491/
miami.cbslocal.com/2016/12/30/rookie-cops-fired-for-chat-about-using-black-neighborhoods-for-target-practice/
rawstory.com/2017/07/d-c-cop-under-investigation-for-wearing-white-supremacy-shirt-on-duty/
rawstory.com/2017/08/louisiana-cop-resigns-after-posting-racist-meme-showing-mom-drowning-her-daughter-for-dating-a-black-kid/
nypost.com/2017/11/22/veteran-cop-faces-firing-over-vile-social-media-posts/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They are and that's a good thing

Can't really get arrested and charged if you truly are doing nuffin

>people of your race tend to commit most crimes
>cry prejudice when police are more suspicious of people of your race
This post is not strictly about the juice

youtube.com/watch?v=xyx85IyZ5s8

apparently Standford researches are retarded or working toward a specific (((agenda))) because disparities in traffic violations suggest that police actually do not discriminate enough

Good. “Profiling is bad” is such a stale meme.

This.

But remember only the police should have guns also!

Ya, but they're more likely to shoot whites than blacks.

We need more dead niggers to make it fair.

Because the Negros aren't paying attention to anything other then the sub woofer that they stole and filled the back of their piece of shit early 90s sedan with, and the Latinos drive like shit in their garbage chargers.

Jewish divide and conquer race thread. Sage. Hide. Move on.

so don't drive around with a bunch of illegal shit in your car? i don't understand how the concept of don't smoking a fucking blunt in your car is so hard for PoC.

>today in the news - "POLICE ARREST CRIMINALS!!!!"
>when will this injustice stop and what will it take to educate the police force to only arrest bigots?

I'm confused. Which is it? We're letting more minorities into the force by way of lowered policing testing standards, or we're stop/frisking more often against minorities?

Oh, shit; what if it's both?

everyone ive ever known that got fucked by cops in a traffic stop had a car that always reeked of weed. it's so fucking simple to have an easy time with traffic stops. just have a clean car that doesn't fucking smell.

>meme flag
Opinion disregarded.

>muh blue lives
>t-they were all good boys!!
Fucking clowns.

Maybe it’s because these drivers are less likely to follow the laws?

Interesting that nobody ever links to the Stanford study. Just some “literally who” news site that nobody’s ever heard of.
I really couldn’t give a shit until you post the real study, because I’m not interested in someone’s interpretation of what some one else wrote.

>Consistent crime by latinos and blacks
>Consistent police presence around latinos and blacks
It's almost as if the police want to uphold the law or something.

Id be interested in seeing the details of the study, particularly why the cop pulled them over and what the citations and arrests were for.

>I thought pol said police officers arent discriminating against minorities?
Prove that it's discrimination. Seems to me like blacks and latinos are just up to no good.

Where's the control for circumstances? How many suspended licenses? How do you account for suspicious behavior and officer's intuition?

Or where they did the study. If it’s SoCal, parts are 80-90% Hispanic. Goes to figure cops pull over more Mexicans in that area.
But it’s just another con job. That’s why the actual study is never posted.

>I thought pol said police officers arent discriminating against minorities?

They are ignoring who is doing the crime. Go ahead and break it down to how much crime is in the area and the discrimination goes away. Oh and if you want to stop policing high crime areas go look up what happens historically.

Stop saying latinos

Its fucking mexicans, we want them gone as bad as everyone else. Saying latino clouds who the real enemy is and conflates it to spanish and puerto ricans.

If they used axtual correct data:
>blacks commit almost 50% of all violent crime despite making up 13% of the population
>blacks are constantly on their cell phone while driving
>most latinos are here illegally
>most latinos have warrants

Higher IQ means being smart enough to obey traffic laws.
hse.ru/data/2011/04/04/1211642105/iqparkingNyeJones.pdf

Again, not hispanic, mexican

They are more likely to be criminals, sorry.

>>t-they were all good boys!!
Not all, but certainly at a better rate than the black population as a whole.

Hmm, really makes me think.

these studies hinge on the fact that a half dozen or so cities in the US are literally full of latino and black drug dealers who are always getting arrested

honestly its kind of offensive to lump in those criminals with all blacks and latinos but it makes the study look better for white people so its not worth it

Wetbacks. Scratch backs. Anchor babies. Tacomunchers. Mestizo. Hispanic. Aztecs.
I don’t fucking care.
Btw, openpolicing.stanford.edu/ that’s the actual study.

>q post by this ID

This is why white people cant fight back the mexican hordes. If you cant identify the enemy how can you hope to defeat them? Its mexicans that are almost exclusivly flooding into the country and shitting it up, theu are the fucking goblins. The other spanish races look at them like whites look at niggers.

This so much.
>we have a giant opioid crisis. How do we stop it.
Stop the supply
>where’s it coming from
Mexican cartels
>oh noes! That means police will have to stop more Mexicans. The absolute unfairness. Better let little Suzy die from a heroin overdose than be unfair!!

Fucking libshits

U wot. Central Americans, many of whom illegally passed through Mexico, are also a large percentage. Meanwhile on the East coast, large numbers Dominicans and Cubans, or even legal Puerto Ricans, make up more of the Hispanic population than Mexicans do.

It is both, shill cunt. The Department of Justice would like to increase the number of black and minority cops. Racist and discriminating white (and non-white)cops are still present. And I'm not talking about this Stanford study. Side note, lowering standards only increases the number of passable prospects, it doesn't increase the number of blacks and minorities that will become police. That's a separate selection process, where more blacks may or may not be made police. And more black cops alone won't decrease racism and discrimination. You need black cops who are not faggots that cuck to any racist faggot white police behavior present, which is what many black cops do. Cuck by being racist and discriminatory because other cops are, or to be "down" with other faggot cops.

Go ahead and prove the existence of any kind of institutionalized racism in police departments.

Then, go ahead and prove to me that there's a bunch of cops that are personally racist.

And dont forget to prove that blacks and spics are just harassed by cops and arent in fact more prone to criminal behavior in general.

PR's dont need a passport to enter the us

Also i never said that central americans werent an issue, in fact, didnt trump just give them 18 months to leave before deportation?

The worst by far are mexicans. Atleast most ricans are conservative and hate blacks, dominicans, and mexicans. Mexicans come in and shit everything up, and run out the other races.

That's because the statistics show that non-whites are VERY biased towards violent crime.

minorities have a shit life
>drive without seatbelts
>drive like maniacs
>drive and text
>drive while drunk
>drive while high
>drive damaged/faulty cars - busted lights
>run stop signs/red lights
>speed

WHY Da POliCe RacIsTS?

They’re brown, speak Spanish, are here illegally, and fuck up everything.
I don’t need to label them individually to know this. Call them whatever you want. All I need to know is they barely speak English.
Here’s what the cops find near me about twice a month. kdvr.com/2017/08/23/13-year-old-driver-caught-with-25-pounds-of-meth/
It’s always hector gomez Guadalupe the 3rd. I don’t give a shit if he was born in east LA or El Salvador.

Yeah but what about the Guatemalans?

Puerto Ricans ARE black.

I would like to see OP be a volunteer cop in a murderous niggerhood.

Try to be as open minded as possible OP. That nigger over there with a gun might kill you, but you have to pretend he is innocent as a baby.

>tfw Brainlet

I doubt it. It should be analysed. I bet the rate of nigger behavior is actually very close. Cop niggers and niggerdry is extremely abundant.

Department of Justice reported a few years ago that even prison officers and staff commit half of reported sexual assault and rape.

You have to be a braindead retard or jew shill to hinestly think that all latinos are the same, thats like saying all europeans are the same. Most of the spanish world hate mexicans and salvs, dominicans barely even count because they are niggers. Jews purpousky conflate he races into one group so its harder for whites to indetify who is actually shitting everything up (mexicans and salvadorians)

Pic very related, mexicans have a very distinct look, learn it.

Because they commit more crime.

>You have to be a braindead retard or jew shill to hinestly think that all latinos are the same
They're all the same insofar as they're a detriment to White Americans.

>500 studies done on this
>499 of them conclude no bias
>I'll believe the one that says there is bias and ignore all the others.
Kill yourself.

Blacks commit much much much much more crime per capita.
Searching for criminals is going to return more blacks (per capita) because more blacks (per capita) are criminals.

Maybe commit a proportional amount of crime if you prefer a proportional amount of police attention, niggers and nigger lovers.

Here’s plenty of examples of WHY cops pull over Mexicans.
kekbfm.com/colorado-police-discover-heroin-and-crystal-meth-in-traffic-stop-near-grand-junction/

kool1079.com/i-70-loma-traffic-stop-33-pounds-meth-heroin/

nbc11news.com/content/news/CSP-seizes-76-pounds-of-meth-after-I-70-traffic-stop-467164873.html

westernslopenow.com/news/local-news/i-70-drug-bust-nets-40-pounds-of-meth/257955396

Happens all the time. All I did was search I-70 drug busts. The first 3 pages are always Spanish speaking. Learning this, cops pull over Mexicans, and 80% of the time they find massive quantities of drugs.
THATS WHY THEY PULL THEM OVER. TO STOP THE DRUGS. NOT BECAUSE THE COLOR OF THEIR SKIN. BECAUSE DRUGS.

>vehicles minorities use are the most common vehicles to be trafficking drugs
Gee who would have guessed? Don't look like a thug nigger if you don't want to be treated as such.

Good for the police. Black crimes matter.

Maybe it's because they more likely match the profile of convicted criminals

>Police officers across the United States are more likely to cite, search and arrest black and Latino drivers during routine traffic stops

Well of course! Those are the ones who make up most of the crime statistics, DESPITE being fucking minorities!

You also don't stop 8 year olds if you're looking for a serial sex murderer, do you?

This and meme flag op is a joke

t. someone that has never been around a nigger

or just a nigger himself

Listen. You can hate niggers and cops at the same time. They're basically the same. Gang mentality, steal from you, claim territory, hassle ordinary people. All these traits apply to both groups. The only difference is the politicians give authority to the cops.

don't speed on straight roads, duhhh. it's almost like niggers have no pattern recognition.

cops never sit on windy roads looking for traffic infractions

no shit
niggers commit most of the crimes

Here is a 2016 meta analysis (looking at many studies) which finds that minority offenders face greater odds of being charged or fully prosecuted than White offenders. From the article: "The combination of a large amount of empirical evidence on the issue of race, ethnicity, and prosecution has pointed to the conclusion that minority offenders faced greater odds of being charged or fully prosecuted than White offenders."

journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/0093854815628026

profiling is raycis. everyone should be investigated equally!

good

That’s not what is says.
> Some studies concluded that minority offenders faced more unfavorable outcomes than White offenders, whereas others found no significant impact of race/ethnicity in the prosecution process. Still others found a minority advantage.
Directly quoted from your source.

>study finds major bias' in studies conducted by communist infiltrated universities

Think you're some expert shill stooge, denying everything?

FBI warned of white supremacists in law enforcement 10 years ago. Has anything changed? [The answer is "no"]
>pbs.org/newshour/nation/fbi-white-supremacists-in-law-enforcement

THE FBI HAS QUIETLY INVESTIGATED WHITE SUPREMACIST INFILTRATION OF LAW ENFORCEMENT
>theintercept.com/2017/01/31/the-fbi-has-quietly-investigated-white-supremacist-infiltration-of-law-enforcement/

Alabama Cop’s White Supremacy Speech Caught On Video [It was two cops and they were both identified as bona fide members of some white supremacists group]
>countercurrentnews.info/2015/06/alabama-cops-speech-caught-on-camera/

VIDEO: ‘Shoot the Niggerr’: Cops Brutally Beat Man then Express ‘Regret’ for NOT Killing Him [He had a few grams marijuana]
>thefreethoughtproject.com/shoot-euclid-cops-beat-man-regret/

North Miami police use faces of black men as targets
>usatoday.com/story/news/2015/01/15/miami-police-target-practice-mug-shots-blacks/21834491/

Rookie Cops Fired For Chat About Using Black Neighborhoods For Target Practice [Though specifically they were chattingabout shooting black civilians in black neighborhoods for target practice. One of them was a black cuck cop who wanted to be "down" like a dumb faggot, with other faggots]
>miami.cbslocal.com/2016/12/30/rookie-cops-fired-for-chat-about-using-black-neighborhoods-for-target-practice/

D.C. Cop under investigation for wearing white supremacy shirt on duty [But it's not just him. Several cops from that district wear that racist shirt]
>rawstory.com/2017/07/d-c-cop-under-investigation-for-wearing-white-supremacy-shirt-on-duty/

Louisiana cop resigns after posting racist meme showing mom drowning her daughter for dating a black kid
>rawstory.com/2017/08/louisiana-cop-resigns-after-posting-racist-meme-showing-mom-drowning-her-daughter-for-dating-a-black-kid/

You worthless son of a bitch.

There's more and more. A shit ton of cops are shit quality people. And a shit ton are straight trash.

A lot of these faggot sons of bitches shills here on Sup Forums are cops themselves

Maybe if other fucking Mexicans would stop acting thuggish or drunk and lazy cops might quit stereotyping us.

No shit, latinos and niggers drive driving shitty failing cars, worn off paint job, noisy exaust, faulty lights, loud music, arms out the window, no seat belt.

>smaller percentage of blacks in the country than other groups
>Said blacks commit the majority of the crime

Niggers

Police don't stop you for no reason. "Routine" traffic stops are for violations

Veteran cop faces firing over vile social media posts
>nypost.com/2017/11/22/veteran-cop-faces-firing-over-vile-social-media-posts/

Officer Brian J. Hansen, a 25-year veteran of the force, also allegedly parked his SUV outside a police station with a bumper sticker depicting a truck running over scattering protesters along with the words: “All lives splatter. Nobody cares about your protest.”

>North Miami police use faces of black men as targets
As shooting targets. That printed out pictures to use at a range. A woman noticed her family member.

"North Miami Beach Police J. Scott Dennis defended his sniper team, which he said includes minority officers. No policies were violated, no racial profiling was involved and none of the officers would be disciplined, he said."

Like a typical piece of racist trash cop. 'Durrr muh team includes minority oofficers'

>>Cites data correlating perfedctly to actual, FBI reported crime rates according to race

MUH POPO BRUTALITY

I DINDU NUFFIN

>blacks commit substantially more crime
>blacks are stopped by police at a still higher rate than others, but not as high a rate as their crime rates would suggest
>DAS RACIS

That has nothing to do with the point the article brings up, faggot.

>If, for example, an officer has a 20 percent suspicion that a white driver has contraband, drugs or weapons in the person’s vehicle, they would conduct a search. But for a minority driver, that threshold of suspicion could be as low as five percent, she said.
This is entirely non-scientific. There's no such thing as "20 percent suspicion" or "five percent suspicion".

The study collects loads of good data to make a joke of a report as an example of confirmation bias.

t. actual nigger. Dirty scumbag.

You're just a worthless faggot.

>This is entirely non-scientific. There's no such thing as "20 percent suspicion" or "five percent suspicion".
What a stupid thing to deny. Yes there is. It's how strongly they feel about it.

I'm not that focused on the study to begin with.

Actually they do. I used to live in Hawaii, and it’s perfectly legal for a cop to stop you for no reason. They usually say something like this.
>good afternoon sir. I’m officer Johnston with the Honolulu police department. I’d like to inform you, you’ve done nothing wrong. The purpose of this stop today is to ensure you have a valid ID and current vehicle registration. If you can provide those things for me and you have no outstanding warrants, you’ll be on your way.
Freaked me out the first time, but it’s not a big deal. Happened about once a year while I lived there.

To continue.
>Demand universities and employers consider your race for preferential treatment, but complain when police consider your race when trying to stop crime.

there is no such thing as a minority.
there are billions of niggers on this planet.
and there are billions of spicks on this planet.
etc etc. there are no fucking minorities.
and subsequently niggers commit an insane amount of crime so this report is definitely bullshit.

>stanford
yeah sure, no one believes that shitschool

>on this planet
This is not planet population. This is U.S. population.

Dumbass. Yes there are minorities.

He’s right, your needless name calling proves you know it. You can’t attack his message, so you attack the messenger. How do you scientifically judge 20% suspicion vs 5% suspicion? You can’t. There is no possible way. The data was collected by looking at tickets, not by interview so it’s not even possible to assume you are anywhere near correct. Instead of looking at it logically, you act like a child and lash out.
Nice style of argument. I can’t defend my position so I’ll just call everyone dumb. Go home kid.

>Stanford (((University)))

Believing anything universities and (((research))) centers say.

What the fuck?

Looks like cops are smarter than I thought.

No he's not right. I attacked both the message and the messenger, you dumbass. He didn't say the person formed the percentages from nothing. He said like a dumbass that being varying magnitudes of suspicious can't possibly exist. You're a dumbass.

lol nigger that's a handful of cases, not symptomatic of anything like the systematic oppression you're claiming. Half of it is whiny faggotry "boo-hoo muh using mugshots of violent criminals as targets". I sure hope you're an actual nigger because there's no excuse for such retardation

Copfag here.
Black and Latino drivers are more likely to be driving on revoked and have the smell of marijuana coming from their vehicle.
It's almost like there's a REASON they're being searched.

Well if you correct for their small populations compared to whites and the obscene amount of crimes they commit it is only efficient policing. Good use of the tax dollars coppers, better than wasting time stopping suburban "wypepo". Thanks for keeping us safe!

uhm why could that be ? One wonders ? Maybe because the police actually knows who is likely to commit a crime ?

You couldn't be any more of a scumbag nigger. That handful of cases is significant, none of it whiney, all of it is indication of systemic racism, and its only a handful out of a sea of other similar cases. I said racism and discrimination is present in the police force and that's exactly what those stories back up. Kill yourself troll.

>boo-hoo muh using mugshots of violent criminals as targets"
Yea that's scumbag faggot behavior from cops, and that were specifically all black, and you have no idea what they were arrested for.

Came here to post this.

change that to
"Police officers across the United States are more likely to cite, search and arrest criminal drivers during routine traffic stops than non-criminal drivers, according to an analysis of traffic stop data conducted by Stanford University researchers."

I'm not wrong.

Everyone already knew that and they do it because those groups are more likely to have warrants or be in possession of drugs. You can look at a black dude and tell if he's more likely to be a criminal of not by how he dresses or if his car's got stupid rims or something. If they were like other races, it wouldn't be so easy to predict and then they wouldn't waste their time doing it. Individuals from those groups still won't be arrested if they don't prove the officer's suspicions of them being a criminal correct.

>Yea that's scumbag faggot behavior from cops, and that were specifically all black, and you have no idea what they were arrested for.
Seems to me like you'd want to practice shooting nigs since they're the most violent people in america. Makes perfect sense. I see you acknowledge they they were arrested, and seeing as how it's in their nature to be violent, I'm gonna take a wild stab and say yes, they're violent criminals.

>the personal racism of individuals represents departmental policies
wanna know how I know you're retarded?

>and its only a handful out of a sea of other similar cases.
of alleged behavior and hearsay and endless apologies for niggerdom on your behalf?