What's the most important anime of the 2010s?

What's the most important anime of the 2010s?

K-ON!!

Madoka.

Kancolle

Mayoiga

What do you mean by important?

Amagi Brilliant Park.

Something of great import

So like, influential?

Takahata's swansong, Kaguya-hime no Monogatari.

Wind Rises, too. Those are the most obvious best anime of the last good while. Would be surprised if either register with the industry at large though, so I'm not sure they're the most important.

K-on obviously

Yui

this nigger knows what up

K-on was 2009

Sword Art Online

I love Azunyan!

And 2010 and 2011

second season ended in 2010, it still counts

K-On!! wasn't.

K-on is garbage

Madoka and K-on. Kemono Friends might become part of it too

Unironically this

No, you're garbage

Not k-shit for sure

OP is a faggot and retarded.

K-On!

You lack objectivity

>Madoka
Literally without any importance whatsoever.

This

K-On started it, Gochiusa perfected it.

It's always funny when Madokafags think their anime was revolutionary and industry-changing like Haruhi, K-On and Sword Art Online, when in truth all it influenced were 2-3 "dark" maho shoujo. Kek

It influenced production committees into trying to mimic Madoka's success by increasing the number of big name collabs

>nothing happens the show
>important

>revolutionary and industry-changing like Haruhi, K-On and Sword Art Online

i'm still waiting on a good one dawg

Each of those 3 anime had enormous influence on the industry, you'd have to be retarded to deny it.

If you say so anonymous then it must be true.

Lurk more.

Right, let me lurk more to hear other denizens of Sup Forums - industry experts tell me what is and isn't influential.

Maybe not the most important, but certainly one of the most important- Love Live. An important part of the multimedia empire.

K-On, despite its mixed reception in the West, basically defined the CGDCT genre and has inspired countless imitations, with some being good but none quite beating it.

Unforunately, the second most-important is Sword Art Online for similar reasons, but the isekai craze might be beginning to wane.

You know cute girls and isekai existed before those two, right?

>the isekai craze might be beginning to wane
Are you for real? We have at least 3 isekai adaptions next season alone.

In terms of influential, quite possibly Kemono Friends. It may end up being one of the top 5 most influential anime of all time.
Until now, CG anime has always flopped. But then Kemono Friends became one of the most successful anime of all time. I think Kemono Friends may be the push the anime industry needs to get rid of handdrawn altogether, and go full CG.

K-On and SaO effectively defined their respective genres.

Kemono Friends is the anime equivalent of Pet Rocks.

It's purposely vague. The definition will just be warped into whatever aligns with OP's worldview.

For what it's worth, I'd say:
1. SAO
2. Monogatari
3. Madoka

Shoutout to all the retards ITT who forgot K-On!'s first (and most important) season aired in 2009.

>K-On and SaO effectively defined their respective genres.
How?

You're least favorite anime.

Madoka
SAO
AOT
Love Live
Free
GuP
Kemono Friends

>most important season

The second one was twice as long, had higher production values, and is almost universally regarded as superior. How is it less important?

>kememeshit
>influential
>one of the most successful of all time

The kememefag delusion is real.

CG isn't what made Kemono Friends good.

What the show may actually lead to more of, however, are "kids shows" for adults.

SAO
AoT
Madoka

Since K-On isn't 2010

kemono friends

This. these types of threads are pointless because if it's an anime you like you can say "just look at how popular it was, it MUST be important" whereas if it's an anime you don't like you can say "prove it's important under these criteria I just pulled out of my ass, you can't? Then it's not important, fuck off"

It's pretty successful. Even if it is just a fad, it's massive spike in popularity over everything else and all its merchandise looking like the aftermath of a locus swarm is nothing to ignore.

madoka

It'll be interesting to see what sort of long-term influence it has on the industry. Hopefully a positive one, but the danger is that it'll just spawn a bunch of cheaply CG animated clones trying to cash in, and nothing else.