I just marathoned the first episode, does it get better?

I just marathoned the first episode, does it get better?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sZ4lJw3zCv0
m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=ui9n11Kgqwo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I think so but don't ever torture yourself on long ass shounen series thinking "itll get better" or whatever.

Personally I skip around in Gintama all the time since its episodic. Try marathoning one of the movies or an arc (look up Gintama arcs they are all pretty short).

Ignoring the meme, it's agreed by many that you have to slog through 26 or so episodes of mediocrity-decent until it finally hits its stride afterwards.

The highs are just that fantastic, so I really recommend you slog through it if possible since they're character introductions. If you really can't, then just skip em'.

No, drop it and continue watching anime that Sup Forums says is cool and deep and your favorite moeshit with no actual plot

>marathoned the first episode
Every single time.

The first episode is literally the worst one.

So yes, it gets better

>marathoned
>first episode

it gets THE BEST than it becomes a generic shonen ! just watch 3-4 episodes a day and think about it as a comfy anime you'll probably like it if you ignore the fact that its really highly rated on rating sites

youtube.com/watch?v=sZ4lJw3zCv0

I just marathoned your post OP and have determined that you are a rather large situational homosexual who needs to evacuate and terminate thyself

yes

No.

Look, I liked it, but it definitely doesn't meet the 9 score it has on MAL, but then again neither does Hunter x Hunter (2011), which belongs in the bottom of a trashbin (unlike Gintama so far).

>MAL

What do you use? Excel sheets?

>first episode
Nigga, we've said it a hundred times:
SKIP the episodes 1 and 2 ! They are LITERALLY filler. The story starts at ep3, and then it slowly introduces you to the (vast) cast and the world.

It may feel quite meh up until ep25, which is quite a big turning point in the series style. However, the shit really hits the fan at the start of S2, that's ep 50 or something, and its first major "arc".

t: someone who started watching the show for the first time last fall, has now finished it, and loves it.

>i liked it
>but it doesn't really deserve 9s
>has only seen the first episode
Maybe you should watch more and see why people have been giving it 9s

not until the 60th episode which is bullcrap

Fuck off to

>does it get better?
Yes. From ~30 episode until 316. And do not even dare to skip fillers.

Its great after episode 26 or so (personally it really got good for me at ep 17), but its really important to watch those eps as a foundation. People complain about the shonen style that the series has embraced now that its ending but the humor is still there and as someone who's followed the series weekly since it first aired I think this kind of climactic showdown is something Gintoki and the cast deserve. When everything is said and done I know the last scenes will be hilarious, not sad. But the gorilla is good at both anyways.

This.
It's slow as fuck and I had it in the background while browsing and playing some window games at work, but benched the whole series in fullscreen later at work.

That seems like a nice job, watching anime.

Yes! A Gintama thread.

Gintama had me laughing harder than any other anime series I've ever watched.

I was laughing so hard I was in tears in some parts.

Some of the highlights for me:
>Any Prince Baka scene
>SHOGUN KA YO
>Any M A D A O scene
>katsura

I was in tears due to sadness during the four devas arc, with the old landlady

There's also some fucking great shounen action, like benizakura hen, the Yoshiwara arc, four devas arc, red spider arc, and the motherfucking best arc, the shogun assassination arc

HIGHLY recommend it OP.

Damn, fucked up the spoiler tags at the end of that post.

I highly recommend Gintama, OP.

Operating a CNC machine at night so it's like 2 hours of actual work per day and I get $26.3/hour for it.
Having portable MPC-HC and my 128GB USB stick makes time pass quickly.

Someone said they'd help put a reward for Gintama with Rumble subs. Based as fuck.

Why don't you marathon a fucking bullet through your brain, you shitposting cunt?

You need to marathon half of the next episode to find out :^)

I'm at episode 191 and there's been a disappointing lack of Sa-chan recently

Good. Sacchan is the one of the worst girls.

Just watch the episodes on the "best episodes" or "funniest episodes" lists and then watch the whole show if you feel like it.

fuck you

I dont have good news for you. She doesnt appear too often except as one passing running joke of many after the glasses mini arc. I dont remember which episode #s that was though.

>128GB USB stick
jesus, I'm still stunned by the 32GB ones.
Also, I want your job. I started watching Gintama (and many other shows) because my job requires me to sit put and sort various magazines & ads into easily distributed sandwiches. It's mostly monotonous and boring as fuck, so just about any kind of distraction playing in the BG is nice.

Luckily, Gintama ended up being a total blast. Sure, the first season's a bit dull, but boy does it pick up.

She was annoying in the beginning of the series but she's better now.

It's still funny to me how Kugimiya has the loliest voice ever but looks like.. that.
Pretty sure that was a bad day for her though.

i seriously thought that was a different actor in drag as a joke. fuck this retarded, gay earth. how does my waifu's v.a. look like that??

>marathoned
>first episode
Use the Spin, Johnny Joestar, and come back when you have seen at least 25 of them

Gintama fillers are very good

Drop it

I painfully watched the first 15 episodes or so and it was THE worst experience I've had with anime.

I'm 20 episodes in and I've noticed that I really like the comedic moments, but it gets really bad when they try to be serious, but then again I hate every fight anime with passion (naruto, one piece, hunter x hunter kind of shit).

>Marathoned the first episode.
KYS

>20 episodes in
I don't remember the first 20 episodes having serious moments. The real serious arc starts in like episode 57 or so

The one about the pop singer was pretty shitty.

This, but I actually watched 80 episodes.
Don't fall for the it gets better meme.

Do yourself a favor and watch Sket Dance instead.

Dropped sket once they gave a lot of screentime for Himeko's love bullshit.

I don't know, OP.
I was casually watching it from time to time and it was from meh to somewhat funny at the start. Sometimes my power level was not enough since I recognized Osomatsu, Jojo and Shokugeki no Soma references much later after watching the episodes.
Then I started to like Katsura/Elizabeth duo and the Shinsengumi and their arcs seemed the funniest the more I watched them.
Started loosing my shit and liking the show itself only around Shinsengumi crisis arc or so, where Hajikata turned into otaku.
I'd say if you didn't started to like any of the characters, don't bother.

>you watched the first episode of Gintama
my sympathies user- the first two episodes of Gintama are the worst in the series

Did you guys watched the new live action trailer?
m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=ui9n11Kgqwo

>That pic

Amazing.

>I just marathoned the first episode,

True along with Tae and Tsukuyo

Tae is good for shipping with Kyuubei

TAMA BEST GIRL
LITERALLY A GODDESS

don't read any further if youj love Tama!
she dies

Fucking nothing. Why should I care how many anime I have watched?

You'll love a person named Hedoro in this anime, or I think he's there at the end of the season.
I actually quit my work since the management was a total fuckup, the machine I work with is from the early 90's and has to be accurate to one tenth of a millimeter, which after my glorious hands does reach those tolerances, that is until I turn my head and start doing my other work related stuff, then it shits out a $1000 steel sheet+$$$ for what the pieces are worth and for the 2 hours of wasted time that isn't worth the scrap weight.
So back when I did watch anime 80% of the hours I had a long going program with loose tolerances which was heaven, then I had to go to the morning shift since I had done more than they anticipated thus had to fire a person so I could take that shift so they could go down to 2-shifts.

Anyway.
Gintama is awesome and I got a lot of feels from it.
I also watched Yuusha Yoshihiko, which is homage/satire to Dragon Quest/Warrior(USA)
Look it up.

Anything the S1 has to offer pales in comparison with the later segments. S2 is so much higher quality and actually engaging at best. The cast grows on you, the characters develop a bit each season, and some quite major characters are introduced surprisingly late / re-introduced even later at best.

There is no bad or worst girls in Gintama. Faggots.

I love it when they make fun of Kagura when she has female "private" problems.
Makes it look like they really are a close family.
Though I fear for the future if Kagura finally marries Gintama, since Gintama is such a retard and she's such an idiot, there's also the age difference but knowing Japan it's not that big of a problem. Actually it's not that big of a problem since she loves him, but hates him for not knowing it and also sees him as her only haven in life.

well, first this isn't his name, it's Gintoki and second, she's like his adopted daughter,
>Kagura's boyfriend-arc really hammers that point home
and third
she's going to get together with Okita

>First
Whops
>Second
Her feelings differ from what Ginchama feels
>and third
Like he'll I'll let that murder maniac be together with our crazy maniac

there's another option

Katsura is my fav

Kagura:
>O-oni-sa... Oniii!!!! Kono Oni!

Kamui:
>Are are~? Why are you calling me a demon, my sweet baka nee-chan? Maybe I'll shut you up *puts tape on mouth* and ask your real self what she wants?
>whisper in ear: By that I mean your fit body
>After all, I couldn't find a suitable woman that could please both of my desires and survive.

I really like Kagura, she's honestly one of the most realistic representations of children her age, they're not innocent angels. Also the episode where Kagura gets a new umbrella is one of my most favorites.

Wait, who's that peculiar person?
Never seen him before.

Indeed.
Great episode with her growing up mentally step by step.

The first 2 episodes are literally filler.... it's a weird start, also the story doesn't start till around 46, but the show is enjoyable before then. If you don't like it early on, it's just more of those gags, with shounen story wrapper around it

I wish they'd just cut all of the comedy and filler episodes and focus on the story only.

if you want that then go watch any other shounenshit. Gintama's appeal is its comedy

If this weren't a Shonen Jump series this would 100% be a thing, given Kamuis mommy issues.

Kagura grows up and looks even more like (t)he(i)r mom
Kamui can barely contain himself

>Kagura loves Gintoki
No. She sees him as her second family along with Shinpachi. She states this from time to time and also

>wanting to ruin the perfect familial relationship that the yorozuya have for each other

Their relationship is fine as is. One of the things that actually make this show special is how they treat each other as family even though none of them are blood related.