Tokyo Ghoul:re

What went wrong ?
Discus how a new manga that was edgy and interesting became such a boring read?

Other urls found in this thread:

chiggix.tumblr.com/post/145336753292/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Everything went wrong after the Tsukiyama arc ended
It was the hypest shit up until that point

yeah but how the fuck does Papa Ishida passes from savior of the edgeto such an over complicated plot in so little time?

>Papa Ishida
fuck off back to tumblr

it's not a tumblr thing i just call everybody Papa
I never had a dad

Not only that but Ishida fucked over Shachi, Arima, and Yomo
Then brought back the one eye twins that no one cares about and the Monkey and Dog girl that no one cares about

The biggest tragedy for me though is Ishida turning an interesting and complex character like Mutsuki into a generoc yandere

I know right?
We went from "I like you boss" to "If i don't fuck your corpse I might die of thirst" in what? 30 chapters?
It sounded so OOC, i mean did anybody see this happen?

None of the answers to all the questions Ishida set up in the first half were satisfying

The Kaneki and Amon rivalry was a highlight of part one, and now that Amon is back I could not care any less

Idolmaster happened to Miura, what is Ishida's Kryptonite?

answering cool plot holes with good writing?

also we get a chapter every week right? does that mean Ishida could have the whole "I have a vision but no time so I make shit " just to have something before the deadline?

I dunno if I could buy it
:re was a 9/10 for me through the Tsukiyama arc
Then he shits all over his genuinely good writing after

Because Amon is shit now.

then how does he do it?
Is he a genius in ruining stuff or just somebody from the anime team got to writte the rest?

Amon was never good, he worked as a pair with Kaneki, not as a standalone character

>interesting and complex character like Mutsuki

Say what you will, but Mutsuki's gender issues, inferiority complex, and relationship with Torso was very interesting to me

Because Ishida dropped all the interesting plots he had been building.
>Amon building an organization to fight V.
Nah, his sole purpose is to show Saiko ghouls aren't that bad and tell Takizawa he wasn't living his life correctly.
>Kurona being Amon's batgirl to get revenge against Kano.
Nah, she is going to fight Suzuya AGAIN, lose, join Kaneki's party, rescue Amon and then fade into the background.
>Houji and Tatara's story.
Nah, Takizawa is going to oneshot them, then he is going to be BTFO by the edgy trap.
>Kaneki acting like the OEK
Nah, Touka's waiting for him. He can't make the wise woman that Touka is to wait.
>Akira's grudge against ghouls fighting against the fact that Amob and Takizawa are ghouls now.
Nah, a small talk with Touka the wise fix everything.
>Amon amd Kaneki's talk
Irrelevant and brief because Touka already talked with Amon and Amon has to bang Akira instead of fighting against V.

gender issues? Isn't that Tumblr 's thing?
I thought she just hide her real gender because of the rape thing as a way to not het hit on by boy?

>gender issues
Weren't really there. She never identified as anything other than a female. She merely pretended to be a male in front of others.

> Touka

Ah yes, the subtle romance sub-plot out of nowhere,
Where the fuck did that came from?
Are we gonna have Kaneki end up with Tsukimya just to BTFO Kaneki/Touka shippers after that scene? a little like Bleach, so we can have a wall of butthurt?
Or best, make himend up with Mutskiso you slap shippers and trans-gender fans
Tryly Beautifull

>he is gonna end up dying with eto because muh destined pair.
Anyway ishida is going to introduce this arc out of his ass to pleasure nips so kaneki and touka get some romance before he dies, or the best outcome of the two, he having the balls to kill touka. Because lets be real, no one thinks touka is gonna die (I dont think myself) because of popularity in nipland, but storywise if we ignore that she is already dead by deathsflags.
She would be used as a plot device for kaneki, but that would be better than a romance subplot that was never needed

>touka
Everyone says that she is gonna win but I always get bleach flashbacks with her and kaneki.
Even the bleach author said shit that "I cant draw ichigo without rukia" and Ishida said "when I though kaneki name touka appeared after that"

wait she's popular with the japaneses?
Is it character wise or just because muh waifu cumdumpster?

yes but Rukia was important plot wise, hell the best story arc with soul society was with her,
Touka had no real developpement beside tsun tsun teacher of the world of ghouls, she became irrevelant after that
Hell, Amon had better developpement

>tfw you were an IchiRukifag, but hate TouKen.

They say they like her because she is cute, basically muh waifu cumdumpster
The ultrapopular characters there are touka, and then every character than people can imagine fujo with kaneki (hide, tsukiyama, amon, arima...)
then there were rizd, eto, akira and hinami from what I saw (I went to nipland last year)
The meme of eto isnt popular in nipland is fake though, she is like the third or so most popular girl. the fact is there is an abysmal difference on popularity between touka and the rest of female characters.

don't we have any nip popularity chart?
Like they usually do?

Touka is really just the boring patient waifu vanilla character for me. I see nothing appealing or interesting about her beyond her looks.

also
>fujo with kaneki
INB4 somebody once told me Jason rapped Kaneki
I ain't the sharpest toolin the shed

That was when :re nearly started, im 2014, it even had diferent votes for kaneki and haise and eto and takatsuki, things have changed since then
I bet nips hate mutsuki after these last chapters

Do we even have theoryfags or did they all die with the hype?

>Are we gonna have Kaneki end up with Tsukimya just to BTFO Kaneki/Touka shippers after that scene?
Tsukiyama have all qualities that Touka lack

except Touka actually ate Kaneki, in frontof Tsukimya
He got cucked since day one, poor psychopath

Why is Rem in this manga?

Trying to mimick Togashi.

>Mutsuki's gender issues
With this you BTFO your argument.

Kaneki just want a family that spoils him, not a waifu. The last time he got interested in pussy was Rize. Even in this last chapter he was too uncomfortable with Touka.

set up maybe?

There is literally nothing to speculate about anymore. The symbolism is bland and the parallels are extremely forced and unnecessary. Story has gone to shit. Even the idea behind kagune is just bullshit plot magic for the sake of convenience. Hide is almost guaranteed to return but that's it.

They started just drawing an artbook and then overlaying the pictures with ambiguous nonense poetry.

Bet u played da:inquisition and thought Krem was brilliantly written and deep?

Every page is symbolic of something in the previous page. That's how meta it's gotten.

>imperialscans
did they just quit I don't remember

who gives a shit

They joined niggerstream.

Everyone knows after the Rose arc the manga went into the garbge , back then i couldn't keep myself from the spoilers and looking into every detail of it , now i forget even the day the chapter comes in

They died.

How wet was Mutsuki here?

It went off the deep end for me around the time tsukiyama's bodyguard or whatever, forgot her name, got her head kicked off. Her body grabbed it, reconnected it, and the most she said was "what just happened?". then 3 chapters later sharp tooth kid gets killed by being stabbed. betting money they both get resurrected somehow next arc.

same user, exactly the same situation

oh, and this shit

interesting how it was good when it was Haise instead of kaneki, wow the irony

It was only interesting because it promised interesting stuff with Kaneki's return. Haise and the Qs as characters were boring.

Deathflags mean literally nothing in this series.

Tsukiyama raised countless deathflags during the rose arc and Ishida still couldn't kill him off. He couldn't even kill Hinami or Yomo and Ayato in Cochlea. Fucking he'll he even brought Koma and Irimi back out of nowhere and now he's about to go full Naruto and bring actual dead characters back.

Ishida just keeps using these deathflags and red herrings to keep the readers interested in the story. It's always been like this ever since he pulled that trick with abruptly ending part1.

>abruptly
1000/7 is roughly 143
Ishida is a genius no matter what you say.

>What went wrong ?
What went wrong is that you people got insulted because the series finally showed how stupid you guys are.
The fact that you people didn't even notice that Touka and Kaneki really liked each other since before means that you guys never used your brains.
I feel sad for Ishida. Pretty sure he thought people were at least using their brains a little bit. Turns out he was wrong. You people never did.

Oh, here comes the toukatard, ignored and reported
We arent even talking about touka and kaneki in the first place fucking retard.
Get the fuck out with your ship wars.

>What went wrong?
Several things, starting with not enough Touka.

>Implying ships are the main concern, if a concern at all

I actually enjoyed the series up until it got to the Rue Island chapters. Way too many things going on at the same time and there was quite a bit of bullshit too. The clown siege arc was a lack luster and the story didn't really progress aside from Furuta becoming the head of the CCG.

I enjoyed the last couple chapters though which were more dialogue heavy and focused on the relations between the characters. Something we rarely got ever since part1.

Now it looks like we're going more into the romance stuff with Mutsuki and Touka fighting over Kaneki which I don't really look forward to but I guess the author had to address this eventually.

Overall I still enjoy the manga and look forward to reading it every week but yeah in terms of plot and art it can't really compare to the first part.

Ikore knew the chink who got arrested for piracy back when Mangapanda was under attack for piracy. He got scared and shut the whole website down under

>"Haha. W-we're totally just getting way too invested in our personal lives, guys!"

Basically, he didn't want to get arrested too. So IS dissolved. Some of their new recruits fucked off to parts unknown and others were already part of MS.

Was it ever good, even?

Ah yeah I remember. Redhawk Scans also pussied out over this incident.

Togashi is overall very good at what he does. He can actually write, his female characters included. Ishida reduces them to walking cumdumpsters and it's only one of many glaring flaws this excuse of a sequel has. Saying he tries to mimick him is not only wrong but also insulting to Togashi's work.

I have a tiny like really tiny bit of hope that he could maybe help out togashi with hunter when ghoul is finished but thats probably impossible.

I seriously believe Ishida had a meltdown after his dual interview with Togashi after he learned all the "symbolism" he took inspiration from Togashi's writing was all in his imagination. You can tell he was disappointed based on his tone too.

Directly coincides with the time the manga started going to shit. I doubt that was the only factor, but this one in particular is too blatant ignore.

>dual interview with Togashi
link

Fuckin timeskips which rushed the shit out of multiple subplots and interesting chats to get to the NEXT BIG FIGHT. Feels bad when you think there could've been 50+ more chapters inbetween what has been already been covered.

For me personally, it's Amon being fuckin ruined with irrelevancy, jobbing like a total bitch, and doing literally nothing at all as a half ghoul despite the hype that was surrounding him.

>autists getting triggered by obvious main pairing being confirmed
every time

why does this keep happening

chiggix.tumblr.com/post/145336753292/

Main part I was talking about:

>— When you were thinking about the storyboard, you read over “Hunter x Hunter” a lot, didn’t you?

>Ishi: I did. I marked all the pages Hisoka appears in, I tried to figure out a pattern in the suit marks in his lines…

>To: I’m just choosing those by intuition (laugh).

>Ishi: You don’t have any rules?

>To: Not really. Just that Hisoka uses a heart with people he likes. I don’t have any idea how diamond and clover are different.

>Ishi: When I analysed it, I thought “Diamond” was often used when Hisoka is being serious. “Clover” gets used more when he is thinking something over.

>To: Since I’m choosing with my intuition, it’s possible that I’m unconsciously creating those patterns.

>Ishi: Hisoka is a really mysterious character, so drawing him is really difficult. I was looking for hints in places like that.

>To: How much you can bring out his whimsy is very important. When I want him to do something the most is when he is least likely to move for me. It’s easier to just step back and not think about anything - then he will move on his own. It’s the same way right now in the main story - I just create the surroundings, environment, battle set-ups, and leave Hisoka’s movements up to Hisoka. Then his character will burst out for me.

>Ishi: You’re right, I can see him bursting out just with my imagination (laugh).

>To: But I kind of put on the brakes.

>Ishi: Oh, you did?

>To: Hisoka wanted to do more, but there were some places where I put on the brakes inside myself. I regret that a little bit.

That's an interesting thought. I also feel like at one point he gave in to editorial's 'suggestions'. It wouldn't be the first time it happened to a promising mangaka.

>>To: Hisoka wanted to do more, but there were some places where I put on the brakes inside myself. I regret that a little bit.
he's talking about exactly what I think he is isn't he?
so togashi to ishida is how most shounen mangaka see oda.

Read the fucking thread retard

He is obviously trying to derail the topic, please do not respond to him. This is actually a nice topic with actual discussion.

>[…] I’d already exhausted everything I could do with the Yu Yu Hakusho cast. My only options at that point were to either destroy the characters I’d created or just keep repeating the same thing over and over again until the readers got bored of it. I toyed with the idea of killing off the characters […], but of course Jump shot that idea down, and I simply didn’t have the stamina to keep doing the same thing over and over again, so I did what I’d always told myself I would do if I ever got a long-term series in Jump: end it by my own will.
History repeats itself. :re became YJ's cashcow, so Ishida got robbed of the luxury to end it whenever he wants. That's why the story became so bad it's unrecognizable from the first part. It's at Root A's levels of bad.

Nah.

You guys just don't agree with how the author plays with his characters and you want it your way.

Too bad.

Not him, but what would "our way" mean exactly? That is not even a valid assertion and a mere puerile deflection of the issue at hand. All everyone who cares about the content of this story wants is the same level of consistency and attention to detail found in TG and the first half :re.

But if you have to make pointless comments like this, it is fairly certain you know nothing of cohesive writing or simply have no real standards. You can like this direction all you want, but it nosedive in quality is undeniable.

Pretty sure is the underage Toukafag based on dumbass tone and lack of argument besides "lol too bad XD". Don't take him seriously.

go choke on a dick

Yu yu hakusho could've continued as an action/mystery romcom SOL. Had so many couples but no closure. Kuwabara and Yukina, Hiei and Makuro, Koenma and Botan (only because Yusuke fell prey to first girl syndrome), Kurama and his mom. I could go on.

Some of the best parts of yyh were the ghost arcs which weren't powerleveling or anything. Just playing around with lolis, shotas, and Keiko. The black saga had powerleveling but it was far more interesting than the dark tourney (although I sure as hell didn't think that back when I was a kid) because of the cool unique abilities they introduced. As well as having some compelling backstory to the villains (mostly the kids that Sensui recruited and not the edgelord himself).
So yeah, some spirit shenanigan SOL would've worked fine. Sprinkle in some overarching plots that ends with a large confrontation with the different story threads being interwoven and you're good to go.

Also Kuwabara's sister was wasted potential.

I'm down to list it

-Amon is the biggest jobber throughout most of it.

-No one fucken died. Kirishitts should have died against Autisma. Dog and monkey didn't die against Autisma.

-Shachi died. He could have been fleshed out a bit more.

-Urie Jobbing to saiko. Wtf man nigga is buff for fucksake.

- Eto being able to do a press conference.No government agency with a deep state would let that bomb shell walk around with an ex super ghoul. Eto should have either gotten on that podeum and sliced by V or Kaneki should have killed her off.

-Mutsuki current development.

-Arima fight with kaneki was lame. I watch mexican novelas and that fight was a mexican novela.

-Hoiji and Tarata was gimped that could have been fleshed out a bit.

- Haise dieing and not melding with kaneki. Wtf man we wasted a fuck ton of chapters with this fuck and he's gone. He would add a lot of polarizing faces to the suicidal kaneki we have now.

-Amon and kaneki development wasted.

-Toaka is a waste of space. She has done nothing and should have been involved more often to make her comeback resonable at least.

-Tsukiyama had a whole arc to grow as a character but nah hes back, lame as ever, after his whole family of ghouls just died.

Mado and Jailbait reunion. That was a cop out.

- Ui and the tower of tartarous. I would have loved to see Ui lead and Kaneki play back up against Eto.

-Eto Jobbing all day every day.

I really enjoy Ishida making shippers and fujos sperg out like this. Goddamn hilarious.

>No one fucken died.
>Shachi died

>-Mutsuki current development.
Brown reverse trap stopped being tumblr fanservice and started being brown reverse trap, what's not to like?
>- Haise dieing and not melding with kaneki.
Didn't this happen? He cares about the Qs. He's not indifferent or anything.

I agree about Touka. She's the worst. Why the fuck was she (and the other coffee shop autists) just letting Kaneki get mind-raped into killing his friends and sitting back all like "well if he's happy haha"

>eto jobbing all day every day
Hope when she comes back finally stops being retarded and fights with her kagune, which isnt shit unlike the kakuja mecha.
I remember in the og tokyo ghoul that she was literally teleporting in the lab, but then she goes kakuja and is slower than my grandma

>Implying shachi died after fucking hairu can come back
If ishida delivers some eto kuzen plot shachi could perfectly appear there
I mean what ishida did in :re with shachi was literally take him back from oblivion, make arima rape him and say "rize take care" (nice care she took, she is a potato again) all that in one chapter
Its not 100% that he is alive like eto or hide, but I doubt he is dead

-I guess your right but were going to waste another 3 chapters on her right now.

-This nigga didn't remember going to the coffee shop and ogling Toukas ass. Haise would remember cause he was there for some pussy. Pussy is hard to forget when you've never had any. Kaneki and Haise disconnect shows even with mado. He doesn't even looked concerned with the Q's. That would be an interesting lead into the current chapters.

-Shachi was not killed he was retconed because if he had been in the subsequent chapters certain fights would have been dramatically shorter.

For example, Kirishit family + Shaichi crew + Banjo niggas is a way more compelling force into cochela. He would have also developed with ayato.

-If he doesn't die then it looks even worse because it ruins Arima's Character. 2 birds with one stone if Shachi comes back.

Shachi had info on V elaborating on that would have also been another way to approach insert him into the current mix.

Kaneki is like 4 different people now tho. His brain is like MC Escher drawing.
>Pre-torture shounen protag-kun
>Traumatized crazy nigger that the shounen-kun was a mask for
>Post-torture edgelord
>Haise (a guy created by even more torture)

So now you have this weird hodgepodge whose actions never make sense because he's switching between edgelord and shounen-kun too quickly. Edgelord goes around edging it up, and shounen-kun spits out his coffee when a pretty girl asks about his wee wee

Somehow this effects his hair too but it stopped making sense after it went white the first time from pain/fear.

Ishida should just be honest. I use the hair for symbolism.

4 faggots 1 body that regenerates.

Haise should have gained an edge instead of edge fag coming back. It would have been a more interesting feel to it.

Edge fag failed in the beginning so This Haise picks up slack. He cracks and edge mixes up in his butthole. Then Haise gets speedball of edge and some shitty puns.

It would continue the rebirth story instead of going back to edge.

>Kaneki is like 4 different people now tho
>Haise (a guy created by even more torture)

Just started reading tokyo ghoul re and I guess this is going to be a big reveal? Why does the author like to shit on this guy all the time?

>get constant fights with no breaks
>wahhh where are my character interactions
>Finally get characters talking to each other and development chapter after chapter
>wahh this is too boring!

Fuck you

Execution is what's really important and the way Ishida's been executing his story is terrible. Even the dialogues became laughable. It's the kind of shit you see in a mediocore WSJ battle shounen that gets canned after 20 chapters,

Why does it seem like the world revolves around Tokyo in tg? They always talk on a world scale but never set foot out of Tokyo or contact anyone out of tokyo, I bet nowhere else in the world knows or gives a shit about what's going on here.
>kaneki defeats arima and becomes the strongest ghoul in Tokyo
>congratulations you are now the strongest in the world

>Ishida reduces them to walking cumdumpsters

>Hinami saves Haise from Takizawa
>Eto awakens Kaneki from Haise
>Matsumae had one of the best fights
>Three Blade Miza kicked ass during the awful Rue Island arc
>Kurona kicked ass (after she got destroyed by Susuya Squad)

care to elaborate

Ill give you hinami, but how did miza kick ass? She and her clan got fucked up and chased off by suzuya, and then she proceeded to get fucked up by hanbee. And kurona beat hanbee who's one step away from being a mook, her only real purpose on the island was to make Suzuya look good as he thrashed her after saving his subordinate. As for eto she's only there when ishida wants to prove how strong someone is, like arima and when kaneki got his memories back and furuta's first fight when he tried. So then it can be like look how strong they are they defeated an sss rated ghoul!

I respectfully decline.

Because it's a comic meant for nips. Why would anything important happen to an island with limited resources if it wasn't for the reader base?

Are you one of those special kind of retards who think symbolism, literary references and foreshadowing are the only things that make a good story? Or are you a buttblasted Toukafag that tries to save face?
Symbolism and foreshadowing are present in
many works and it's not unique and genius, but I shouldn't expect more from a underage who only read Naruto and TG in his entire life and doesn't know how an actual book looks like. Strip Tokyo Ghoul from your muh symbolism that you and retarded tumblrinas fap to every night and you'll get a fucking abomination. This shit is not the most important thing in writing a story, Ishida is just too obsessed with it and doesn't pay attention to other things he's fucking terrible at. Interactions that make interesting dynamics, this is important. Giving time to those characters. Giving fucking time to explore certain subplots more, not rushing through shit like he does. Creativity instead of overused shounen tropes. They worked perfectly well in the prequel, because they were well executed, now it's just one huge shitfest. More world building, less retarded fights used as climaxes to arcs. Less muh 'shocking plot twists' happenining every few chapters, because it's dull, cheap and kills all excitement, not to mention story becomes a mess. And where the fuck is originality in this sequel?
People like you can't fucking see what's wrong with this garbage manga, because you're as obsessed with muh parallers as Ishida himself. You can't see how, because of this, he ruined his own story that had potential to become one of the most memorable ones in industry.

>Why does it seem like the world revolves around Tokyo in tg? They always talk on a world scale but never set foot out of Tokyo or contact anyone out of tokyo
Shit writing.