Is Eli Ayase the most poorly written and lackluster character of any idol franchise...

Is Eli Ayase the most poorly written and lackluster character of any idol franchise? Even the most diehard Love Live fans really dislike her.

What makes her lackluster?

>Has very little screentime or presence in the show and movie despite being hyped up constantly

>non-existent personality and what little she gets consists of being a raging bitch

>Is a bitch to the other girls for idiotic reasons

>Doesn't do anything or say anything of relevance for the majority of the time

>Arguably only exists to make her "partner" far more interesting and better in comparison

There are other reasons but those are the main ones.

I agree, Eli a shit.

shes got the 2nd biggest titties tho

are we gonna get this same fucking thread daily now?

Having big breasts =/= being a good or decent character

In first part she was a bitch because she tried to save the school by her own method and thought Honoka's idol plan was useless and shameful. After she joined the team she mostly act as a head of the group (Honoka was more like an inspirational figure rather than an actual head who manage the group) and help trained other member in dancing.
The second season she has no reason to be a bitch to other members, already passed her position to Honoka and just settled herself as a "caring senior" instead so the focus of the story was shifted to Nico and Nozomi, who still had unresolved baggage.

Eli has a cute imouto just like Honkers does so she gets a pass. Also OP is a faggot and probably a Makifag.

She has the same seiyuu as my waifu, and I don't watch Love Live, so she's my favorite.

Eli was a moron who couldn't understand that Honoka and the others wanted to help save the school as well and only wanted the pride and ego of doing it all by herself. And her joining the group was a mistake because not only did she never get anything resembling good character development but she never did anything of relevance.

And you bring up Nozomi and Nico and that's one of the other problems: those two had personalities and actually did things that impacted the show and you even got to see them change over time.

But it makes up for it

look at this fag

No it doesn't. Besides if you want big breasts just go to Nozomi instead

Don't like fatties

Yes it does.

I suggest watching Umi and Eli's interaction. They are both background contributors with serious personality who seem to understand one another well. Eli being a caring senior toward Umi also made her good quality shine more too.
She also became more tolerant to Honoka's bullshit after she joint, as well as being more calm. Pretty sure that was a character development.

Of course, if you already made up your mind to hate her then this discussion was pointless in the first place and you are entitled to your own opinion.

>It's okay if a girl is forgettable and bland just as long as she get's me hard!

You guys are hopeless

Don't bother arguing with this retard, he's clearly just mad at the fact that Eli's much more popular than his favourite idol.

Nozomi isn't even canonically fat.

Having wide hips and thick thighs ! = overweight. Hell Honoka and Hanayo both end up gaining weight in season 2. The whole NOZOMI IS FAT thing is dumb.

Superior slav slut.

Imoutos are pure! PURE!

Eli has one of the best singing voices which is pretty fucking important for an idol. Her seiyuu is also cute.
In the anime she is a total letdown, though.

>Makifags cant be friends with Elifags
Next you are going to say that everyone dislikes Umi, (((user)))

The most important thing for an idol is how much personality and development they have. Singing alone shouldn't be the only thing because not even Nanjo could save Eli as a character.

>(((user))))
What did he mean by this?

Nice try but Eli is one of the least popular characters and that's even with her seiyuu

user, he's being facetious.

I'm not disagreeing I think she's one of the worst in the franchise. I just like her songs.

>Disliking Eli must mean your a Maki fan

She has nothing to do with this

Show proofs? Her, Maki and Nico are the most liked on here at least.

But Eli is best girl.

Just look at her current event on EN, hardly anyone is participating.

Maki, Nico, Nozomi and Umi are the most popular Love Live girls on Sup Forums going by all the threads they get.

>This thread again.
Eli is ranked #5 in popularity of all LL (including Sunshine). Top 8 is µ's except Honkers, who was 15 IIRC.

>Umi

No. It's just one guy spamming the boards and a Nozomi thread usually involves Eli as well.

You know that store list your talking about doesn't count because they didn't even get that many voters right? Like less than a thousand

>this retard post also on Sup Forums
Bored from /vg/?

>Using a store poll as source for anything
another retard

>and a Nozomi thread usually involves Eli as well

I've seen a few them and honestly no they don't.

That spot is reserved for Hanayo, man.

Seriously, aside from eating rice and being annoying, what's her point?

Give /vg/ our regards

*What's the purpose of her character in the whole loverse?

OFFICIAL LLSIF BEST GIRL RANKING:

1. Nico
2. Pana
3. Nozomi
4. Umi
5. Maki
6. Honoka
7. Rin
8. Kotori
9. Eli

>1. Nico
Into the trash it goes.

1. Nozomi
2. Nico
3. Maki
4. Umi
5. Kotori
6. Honoka
7. Rin
8. Hanayo
9. Eli

fixed it for you

>2. Nico
Into the trash it goes.

>1. Nico

Perfect list.

1. Nozomi
2. Eli
3. Honoka
4. Maki
5. Umi
6. Hanayo
7. Rin
8. Kotori
9. Nico

Fixed that for you.

>9. Nico

Perfect list.

Stop this. There is nothing wrong with Nico

Riko is by far the worst idol to have ever been created

>There is nothing wrong with Nico

wrong

>Pana
>Maki
>Not in the bottom.
Into the trash it goes.

Get the fuck out, Pana is great.

Dats rite, my nigga.

>Maki
>bad

(you)

You are correct, while at first she might've had a reasonable dislike of the group since they legitimately required practice, over the span of half of season 1 she increasingly grew less likeable. Then she suddenly becomes a bland cut-out that bumps their numbers up to nine.

Is it Kokoro-chan?

>Nozomi and Nico at the top
>Eli at the bottom
Perfect list, brother.

>Implying

Hanayo is 3rd biggest

6th biggest if you include sunshines

>Eli is 5'3

Best girls according to image:

1. Pana
2. Umi
3. Noz
4. Honk
5. Nico
6. Eli
7. Maki
8. Kotori
9. Rin

>Even the most diehard Love Live fans really dislike her.
Which is why she's up there with Nico, Maki and Nozomi in fanart count right?

>Maki's waist to hip ratio

>fan art = popularity

Not always

So she actually has God tier measurements. Neat

I think Ruby is.

>gimmick is her saying her made up retarded catchphrase she came up with.
>adds nothing else apart from being a klutz at times.

Poor Ruby got all her Dengeki traits taken away from her in the anime. But she's not the worst: Hanamaru and Kanan aren't that great either going by Aqours

Ruby is definitely one of the worst but she's unfortunately one of the most popular in Japan because that's what most otaku/moeblobfags likes.

>muh cute and shy klutzy grill, kawaiiiiiiiii~!

>Eli top 2 every category

B E S T & P E R F E C T

How does it not?

Ruby is definitely among the worst. She has no unique traits besides that horrible phrase, and brings nothing else to the group. I find Riko just as boring, but at least she offers a little more to the group. Chika too.

well, I like her (together with Nozomi)

Sunshine anime was a travesty in terms of characterization.

I ended up disliking Riko because of how hard the anime kept trying to hammer how that I SHOULD like Riko and how much I SHOULD ship her with Chika. It was disgusting.

Those 3 are the ones I dislike the most and are in my bottom 3. They are just so boring and bland.

I've seen pixiv and twitter results, Eli does not have anywhere near as much fan art the other girls, only Hanayo and Honoka have less art. And there is a big difference between having a lot of fan art and people actually liking you.

>And there is a big difference between having a lot of fan art and people actually liking you.
What are you even implying then? That people make fanart of characters they DON'T like? C'mon son.

>only Hanayo and Honoka have less art
Prove it.

Please stop saying such mean things about the best voice of the group

I don't know about her quality as a character, but I would argue that the anime didn't give enough characterization to any of them. The manga and novels helped a lot.

>Even the most diehard Love Live fans really dislike her.

That's objectively not true.

Anyway, she's not even the most lackluster character of her own franchise. That would be Kanan.

>got all her Dengeki traits taken away from her in the anime

I can't bring myself to dislike her because I know she got her soul robbed. However, her interactions with her sister kinda save her for me in the series.

Did someone call ?

I entered expecting to dislike Dia and she came out being my favorite.

Going by pixiv results (with R-18 turned out and everything else):

Eli (絢瀬絵里) = 23401
Nozomi (東條希) = 24416
Nico (矢澤にこ) = 35945

Honoka (高坂穂乃果) = 22715
Umi (園田海未) = 23817
Kotori (南ことり) = 26661

Hanayo (小泉花陽) = 19212
Rin (星空凛) = 23129
Maki (西木野真姫) = 34382

*turned on

>Nico (矢澤にこ) = 35945
>Maki (西木野真姫) = 34382
Sasuga.

You know, there's something I've never figured out. How did NicoMaki stuff even start? What was the trigger that made people start shipping those two?

Umi is way too low. Japan's infamous shit taste.

>1. Pana
>Shilling for a literally who? who adds or takes nothing away from the story.
Is this a new meme or something?

What? Their antics make it to a quite obvious shipping.

The diaries put a lot of weight onto their relationship. I don't know if that came before or after their duet.

Umi is love.

Her seiyuu is great though and that is enough to make me like her.

Dia is great

Yea shes the worst. And yet shes still better than the entire cast of Sunshine combined