Kano Yasuhiro

Mx0 was a great shounen and Harisugawa was a fun romance comedy. This guy keeps getting shafted.

Have you even read the ending for Harisugawa? The way he treated his readers was just insufferable.

Mx0 had a huge amount of potential. It had great characters, lots of comedy and a nice ongoing commentary that your imagination is far more powerful than any magic fantasy stories are expected to dictate.

But Harisugawa deserved to go and the way it went out made the affair even bitter than before with Mx0.

His new series is dogshit though.

At least author of pic related, made a masterpiece after it got axed.

Years later, I'm still fucking mad

I feel like it was still a fair series as long as you leave out the extremely terrible epilogue chapter.

I do agree though that Saki was best girl and she deserved better.

I really didn't like Nisekoi (though I didn't make it past the first 50 or so chapters)

I feel like double arts had so much more potential though. I think double arts and Mx0 are two really great losses in that they were never finished properly.

Mx0 was fucking terrible and generic.

To each their own, I feel like Mx0 had a really great protagonist for its time and the fights were interesting and unique in many ways.

You didn't even read it because it was as far from generic as it can go.

fuck harisugawa

loved mx0 and as earlier mentioned double arts which was probably better then mx0

>oh look I have the power to cancel other powers
>lol I'm tricking everyone

generic as fuck shit. I bet if bleach or something was cancelled early, people would be calling that a masterpiece.

That's a pretty big generalization of the series ...

Hey if you really think that way sure, but it's no where near as simple as that.

It is pretty simple though. It's generic trash.
>XD my older sister is a loli

"No"

Actually yes. If Bleach was canned after SS arc, I'd be mad as fuck. Bleach wasn't shit, it became shit because the author was a hack who struck gold and didn't know what to do with it, but the first chapters deserved the popularity it got on it's early days.

When Mx0 came out, ability negation wasn't as much of a cancerous power as it is nowadays. Dude actually being forced to use his fucking head for once, even after getting his unique magic instead of spamming it like a retard shounen MC was simply refreshing.

Remember that this serie was canceled only because japanese kids didn't rank it high enough in WSJ and Shueisha being dumb. Tankobon were selling well and always placed in top 10 during their release week.

This hurts me even more now

He barely ever used the cancelation, and it costed him the points he needed to get the magic he wanted and help his crush.
Most often than not he went about things by thinking outside the box and fist fighting.

Looking at all the OP main characters, or the pussy MC's that can't even lift a paper sheet with out crying out, this guy was nice middle point.

But I get it, user, not everyone likes the same, You have shit taste and that's ok ,not everybody can have a worthwhile opinion.

I liked the one dude whose power was to summon a skeleton from his hat.

Also, I jerked off about a dozen times to the chapter where the girls are all laying asleep on the floor with their shirts off/wet, and then an earthquake happens.

I dunno, I liked Harisugawa. It felt like he just wrote himself out of any more potential story, by actually having characters act like human beings instead of retards, and the drama/misunderstandings just sort of resolved themselves. Not a smart move for a continued serialization, but in terms of telling a short story it worked for me.

>His new series is dogshit though.
Fuck you, KissxDeath is super interesting.

KissXDeath is what happens when an author realise that creativity is never a match for just plain old tits, the more over the top and barely justified the better.

It is probably his longest running manga to date, and also the one with the weakest plot, although not all around that bad.

The guy probably just got tired, the premise was made specifically for fan service, with the main villains being girls that fit different kinds of fetishes.

You realize his power canceller was what even spawned shit like Living Your Life Correctly and Onii-sama right? He isn't the original, but he's the one that made it cool for it to happen in school.

>> He barely ever used the cancelation, and it costed him the points he needed to get the magic he wanted and help his crush.

Hey now don't you fucking question Editor-in-Chief's memory or he'll axe your ass too.

>that creativity is never a match for just plain old tits.
I really think the plot is good, of course the tits are there to sell, but Kano's creativity is still there. How the battles are handled using Z's creativity and how well paced the story is presented. Pretty much this is a Battle Shonen well structured without over the top shit.

It is applying what Mx0 did, a main character that has less to work with thinking around the problem and bluffing the other character to keep it off balance.

I am sorry, but I can't see this as anything other than him just saying "Well, fuck it I need something that will actually sell".

He's always been good at battles, as proven by Pretty Face and Mx0. But I don't think he does it often like a real battle shonen.

He's been betrayed enough already.

>"Well, fuck it I need something that will actually sell".
Even if he's doing it for the sake of it, you can't acknowledge his talent. If it was that easy to write and draw shit that sells because tits, nobody on Jump would have been axed that easy just using that formula. And you know, Mx0 had fanservice too.

>But I don't think he does it often like a real battle shonen.
Fucking this, Kano has this style where you don't comapre his battles to stuff like Naruto or Dragon Ball. Don't know how he pulls that.

I think the best part is he makes the MC pretty resourceful, but not isekai tier where the MC is godly. As for personality well that depends but usually his MCs aren't really moralfags, rather just a waifufag and that's endearing so long as you like the heroine/s he's going GAR for.

So would you say Kiss x Death is worth a try if you enjoyed Mx0? Also is there a certain amount of chapters you would recommend to read before giving it up?

It's worth a try, the plot develops really quick so if you don't like it at all at the beginning, then just drop it.

>Mx0 had fanservice too.

Nowhere near as much, and the main plot on this manga is fan service.

Also, some people don't have the art skill to make the fan service work, some others can't get it subtle enough that it doesn't feel out of place. It is not that easy to make an ecchi manga that sells, but it is easier than any other method.

Alright thanks man!

Should of gone the Yabuki route