This character is universally loved in Japan but has many haters in the west

This character is universally loved in Japan but has many haters in the west.

What does it say of differences in taste between Japan and the west?

Nips have shit taste. It's widely known.

It says that you enjoy making wild generalizations

Mind you, Madoka is also one of the most popular girls and until the last 3 episodes, spent most of the show being hesitant, getting mentally scared and being in tears constantly. You shouldn't take Japan's tastes that seriously.

But it's true. Sayaka is the third most popular character after the two mains while discussin her with the english speaking fandom causes a flame war at best

Westerners bring different cultural views with them. To western senses, Sayaka's "I'm a zombie" break down doesn't make any sense. Sure, her soul is in a Faberge egg, but she's still the same person, so her reaction doesn't follow. In an eastern view, since her soul is no longer housed in a human body, it will change to match the container and she'll become increasingly inhuman as a result.

>Sayaka's "I'm a zombie" break down doesn't make any sense.

I noticed a person's humanity is a big deal in Japan

>Character has superpowers
>Is insecure about their humanity

This is really easy to find in anime.

On the other hand, the only piece of western media I saw with this premise was Robocop.

>Sayaka has the nerve to think her life is awful while personally knowing Homura and Kyouko

Character analysis in the west goes a little further than "Kawaii!"

Sayaka is great and not stupid. Except for blowing her wish on something retarded but besides that.

>and not stupid
Even Sayaka disagrees.

Fuck Mami what the fuck was she doing trying to pull in the rest into this sick world

She was lonely, and just let the situation go to her head..

no goddammit user fuck off.

Sayaka is great and a terrible idiot.
If she wasn't a terrible idiot she wouldn't end up as a tragic heroine and would lose her straightforward personality.

Yeah

You get the picture

Why does Mami always have dozy eyes?

Are you implying that you have a low opinion of Madoka?
You make me sad.

How will Kevin-kun ever recover?

Japs have shit taste due to their smaller brains. Sayaka will always be a shit.

She doesn't know the details about Homura during the show. Madoka doesn't fully know until the ending.

>only character smart enough to not immediately sign a contract with an emotionless alien surrendering her soul for eternity before asking about the fine print
>not clearly and doubtlessly best girl

She would have done it if not for Homura.

>only character smart enough to not immediately sign a contract
You don't know who Amy is, do you?

It's hard to understand not wanting to be a magical girl even at the cost of your soul

Madoka is the one person who would jump into the contract on principle that she would be someone who helps people. Remember, she didn't even care about making a wish at first. She also tried to contract to save Sayaka twice during the show. Only when she learned the truth did she stop and think, which is when she shone the brightest.
Madoka is still best girl, though.

In the episede where we see the different timelines Homura has been in, we can see how Mami loses her sanity once she learns magical girl turn into witches, so, if that is anything to go by, it means she didnĀ“t knew how fucked up things were when she meet Madoka for the first time.

Sayaka-chan is the best girl in the series and I love her greatly.

Japan has excellent taste.They didn't get the title of "honorary aryans" for nothing.

Please go to for shitposting purpose

Why didn't they wish for infinite wishes?

I rewatched the show recently.
Holy fuck Sayaka's snapping is done so badly. She doesn't mentally snap, she just turns into a different character entirely.

I'm somehow reminded of Yunyun from Konosuba.

It's not about snapping, it's about losing hope and being overcome by despair.

Mami a shit.

She's the least popular one of them though.

It goes Homura > Madoka > Mami > Kyouko > Sayaka

Technically the least popular is the retarded cheese but nobody give a shit about her

She was a semen demon to begin with so it wasn't a surprise she turned witch. Just symbolism with her soul gem being located over her womb says it all.

Recent bought a bunch of 1/6 Meguca action figs off Mandarake. Sayaka was the deepest discounted one same condition.

>Sayaka does not even get her own can

I am not even a fan of her, but this made me sad for some reason.

She selflessly gave up her humanity for someone that she loves. That makes her a good character in my book.

Yes, but she regretted it because she realized after the fact that her real wish was for him to return her feelings, not for him to have his hand healed.

I want to drink Homu-juice if you know what I mean.

Yes. Mami won't get fucked because she's meant to die alone and unloved.

I never really hated her. I just thought she was an idiot for throwing away everything for the sake of some boy who didn't even care for her all that much.

It's okay, everyone love Sayaka now.
Unite against the devil.

She has the best deisgn desu

That's not true at all. Even in the Shaft official MadoGatari poll, she's 4th behind Mami. It's universally Homura.

If you knew you would have to dedicate your entire life to fighting, and never have time for any joy until the day you die, which would probably be soon, wouldn't you take a complete 180?

>2017
>still trying to stir shit with my girl Sayaka
I don't care about anyone else's tastes. Sayaka is my favorite.
Pity contests are just pissing contests, disgusting and help nobody. People are different, they have different experiences and take things differently. Sayaka is a very typical girl who gets sucked into something extraordinary. She wasn't alone in the world like Homura, orphaned like Mami, or had her wish harm others like Kyouko. Instead her wish ultimately harms her. I think that makes her sympathetic but in a different way.
She wished to give her friend/crush his life back, creating hope for him and despair for herself. I believe one big problem is that viewers don't care about Kyousuke and he (as well as Hitomi) is just a plot device. Ultimately, she couldn't handle the consequences of her wish. While there are things beyond Sayaka's control, Sayaka also hurt herself by her own issues and behavior.

She definitely behaved idiotically, but she was a sympathetic idiot to me.

Good it's what that horrible friend killer deserves.

I don't think you should badmouth the people that make your favorite anime.

That's called a character arc.

We Homu here. We all worship the devil. Better run before we skin you alive and sacrifice you to the Homu.

Fourth out of all the characters in both of those shows? That's still almost universally loved.

>Mami outright tells her this
>Mami outright says death is the price for a wish
>Mami fucking dies in front of her
Nah, bruh, Sayaka brought it on herself.

That's pretty funny. Sayaka is really unwanted

>She doesn't mentally snap, she just turns into a different character entirely.
I'm really not sure what the distinction here is supposed to be. Mentally snapping IS turning into a completely different person (hence the term "snap").

No, 4th out of the megucas.

I dunno if you've been around, but just three or four years ago we used to have frequent Sayaka love threads.

Nips are pedophiles and hide it with anime

What does Sayaka's cape feel like?

The English language cannot honestly encapsulate just how much of an incompetent, braindead cunt Sayaka is. How do you fuck up so much while at the same time acting like a huge bitch about it?

Sayaka's maiko figure is sold as a two part set with the Kyouko maiko figure for the same reason. The other girls dont have a problem selling.

The key difference is whether you have something to show for it.
Sayaka consciously decided that her life was an adequate price to pay for saving Kyousuke. But her wish ended up backfiring. So in the end she had nothing to live for.

Homura is objectively the best Meguca.

Well there were threads for every girl, almost too many.
And they tended to devolve into either imagedumps or arguments.

It says that waifufags have different taste in the east and west.

Also she was more developed in the third movie, along with Madoka.

Sayaka might as well be the Sakura Matou of Madoka. she's only interesting when she's crazy and full of despair. Nobody gave a damn about how delluded she was until then, she was bascially like those normalfag idiots you want to see get crushed by having their girl cheat on them or not getting that wonderful job because the boss hired his bosses kid or some loose bitch he wanted to screw. Idiots are only good when watching something bad happen to them and their eventual breakdown as a result of said bad thing and that's exactly the kinda character Sayaka was. The only thing they didn't do is show that the peson she did all this for doesn't really give a damn about her and will wind up forgetting her completely and fucking some other girl.

But OP is a lying shit poster.

I feel so bad for Kyouko, always getting forcibly paired with this walking talking piece of shit. Suffers for her entire life, and when it's finally time for her reprieve she's stuck with the biggest bitch in any magical girl series.

If your favorite meguca isn't Homu or Kyouko then you probably have shit taste.

>every thread

Kyouko chose this user
Don't disparage her choice

I disagree
>aren't girls cutest when they're almost retarded.jpg

>cute blonde girl with a nice personality and massive cow tits
>ever dying alone

Ah japan.

I remember the Sayaka ones got shitposted so hard that people came up with a "Knights of Sayaka" group to combat it. I wonder if it was the same people who were in the Knights of Charlotte in Infinite Stratos threads.

Jesus Christ that was all six years ago.

I think both are true. She genuinely wanted to make him happy, so she granted his wish. But this came at the expense of what she wanted for herself. Sayaka couldn't come to terms with certain aspects of herself; she's actually really hard on herself. In Mami, she saw someone to emulate: strong and totally selfless (this isn't the whole truth, but Sayaka doesn't know that). She strives to be like that. Everything combines to her undoing.
I remember, I had fun. I was here for the frequent shitstorms too.

>for the same reason.
KyouSaya, it sells.

>author literally said mami can beat sayuka anytime including her witch form

Mami's a veteran.

Homura is a good girl who deserves love and eternal salvation.

>combat veteran can defeat the weakest girl in the series

Is anyone surprised?

go to >>>/tumblr/ if you find regular shitposting offensive

your kind has already shat up two once great boards

I want her though!

I like Mami.

Ok.

How much could improve meduca if she appears smug in every scene?

Sayaka a best. The true hero of the show.

I like Sayaka though
She's straightforward and chill, and doesn't present that overdramatism that the other girls (aside from Mami) have.

Oh yeah, and she's the only one (aside from Mami again) who doesn't have a stupid outfit

>she's the only one (aside from Mami again) who doesn't have a stupid outfit
I'll beat you up for having such shit taste.

Sayaka did nothing wrong. The world was wrong.

Madoka's the one with the most ridiculous. Even her friends laughed at it in concept.

I think it's very cute.