New Vinland Saga. Another short chapter just building things up for the big showdown, unfortunately

New Vinland Saga. Another short chapter just building things up for the big showdown, unfortunately.

I'll post the new Historie too afterwards.

Other urls found in this thread:

sendspace.com/file/9zy5rg
sendspace.com/file/4ue1mt
mega.nz/#F!Z1cxXIiS!pgGmqlDCBnZ16NvPmEblCg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

based

>new Historie too afterwards.

It lives! It lives!

Will there be a link for Vinland after you're done dumping? Cause I can't find anything regarding that on your mega folder.

Use madokami for VS. I don't put VS in my mega folders as it'd only get reported and deleted because of Kodansha. It's why I also don't bother putting out VS-releases on my blog.

based Hox

>when youre there for a hox dump live

Thanks Hox

Thorkill?

Woops. That was unintentional.

Holy shit, Garm is so retarded.

That's his greatness. He's naive and spoiled by his talent just like you'd think.

He's a shounen hero in a battle manga.

>I'll post the new Historie too afterwards.

Finally.

Our antagonist ladies and gentlemen. He'll kill a captain, he'll kill the unkillable man, and he'll kill a king.

This fucker here.

>t. Kanki in his youth days among vikings

I TRUST THIS MAN

its sad but i barely care about this manga much anymore

turns out making your main character into a cuckold doesnt work out

Link for chapter: sendspace.com/file/9zy5rg

Here's v19 map.

oh wow such edge

They're never going to sell those unicorn horns at this rate

Thanks for the dump!
Great chapter as always. I'm wondering, is it me or cute and ironic reaction faces have been more prevalent these past few chapter?

Personal preference, but one thing objective is that Yukimura is playing this entire story as a tragedy, therefore making Thorfinn into someone disillusioned to the point of escapism is needed. Think of it this way, you know how Thors died? How the farm got raided? Don't think for a fucking moment it ends with that.

The author clearly has it out to to bully Thorfinn's ass until he settles down in an igloo and raises his kids like his dad.

>New Vinland Saga
Thanks for the dump Hox. I have an odd question. What made you learn another language?

>The author clearly has it out to to bully Thorfinn's ass until he settles down in an igloo and raises his kids like his dad.
Not sure I agree with this, for now it's been pretty even IMO, in the sense that the MC went from full murder hobo to full pacific; a backlash was, realistically and for the sake of the story, needed.

I'm fine with the new developments. I'd rather see them get on with the trip to the East than have this current Jomsviking arc go on for another year though. The occasional sub-20 page chapter is what really brings it down though.

I'm too excited for Miklagard and Varangians, which is why I'm not enjoying the current arc as much. I can understand Yukimura wanting to wrap up Thorkell and the Jomsvikings's stories though before we get hardcore trading and sailing.

Definitely not if he's still going with original 25-volume plan.

Full murder hobo doesn't change the fact that it's a tragedy. Murder hobo arc is basically about setting up him wasting his youth the whole time only to not even get revenge in the end and get turned into a slave. Sure it's a long build up, but it's still a tragedy. He worked for years just for that chance, and he got nothing out of it.

Feels like the series will be longer. It's just past the 19th volume mark, and I feel like the story is not quite two-thirds done. At the current pace, I feel like 30 would be a better plan.

>Going east

I thought they were going to fuck off to Greenland and never deal with Viking bullshit ever again.

They need funds for that. Leif isn't as retarded as Thorfinn for one.

I'm translating Historie as I speak so I haven't yet proofread these pages. Let me know if you spot errors.

Thorfinn needs to prove himself by making some dosh in the East first to get Halfdan to invest in his colonization plan.

Even in the East, there's gonna be Vikings though, either as the viking elites of the Kievan Rus, traders along the volga river, or as mercenaries working for the Byzantine empire.

It's sad to think that no matter how much money Thorfinn could hypothetically make by selling sea unicorn horns in greekland, he would squander it for moralfag reasons on the way back. He'd give all of it away to save some random girl kidnapped by bandits or some shit.

>More than 2300 years ago from now
Sounds a bit awkward. "More than 2300 years ago" is more natural.

MOE

So dumb so cute.

It says 'eyes, ears, and nose', but the senses mentioned are 'see, smell and taste'. It should be 'see, hear and smell' or something to that effect.

I believe passerby's plural is passersby

Sort of nitpicky but you'd normally just call a 'wall poster' a 'poster'

Hox pls

Haven't cleaned the second bubble third panel

Is this shaping into a story where this guy would die as Alexander's double

I felt awkward about that, mainly because the Japanese term seems more specific than just a poster. But yeah, I'll change it.

Fixed page 14.

I don't think I'll live long enough to see the end of this manga.

Thanks Hox

I can't wait for the silly heartfriends to realize how wrong they are. It's obviously the head.

thanks!

It's surprising just how wrong and even harmful most "medical knowledge" was until the late-19th century, if not the early 20th century.

Link for chapter with the fixed typos: sendspace.com/file/4ue1mt

Thanks for pointing out the errors.

I'll probably get to doing the tankoban version of Historie v10 sometime this year. For people who aren't aware of the difference, it basically fixes up all the art and occasionally has a few extra pages. The work involved is why Iwaaki has taken a break from the releases for the last several months and the short fluff chapter this month.

I've uploaded the past volumes on my mega folder so take a look if you haven't already. mega.nz/#F!Z1cxXIiS!pgGmqlDCBnZ16NvPmEblCg

Funny because she herself rejected the normal life.

It is a manga about dumb vikings after all.

Well, to be fair the way she blushes makes me think she was vaguely aware she was being hypocritical, which embarrassed her further.

But she's always blushing.

Yeah, she definitely realized even she didn't buy it.

Has vinland ever gone on hiatus?

This is all you edgefags fault, Look what you willed into existing

No.

This. This is what edgefags want vinland saga to be.

>bawwww, why can't we just watch grass grow forever

inb4 someone else screams autistically about counterweight trebuchet, lemme do it first.

Sup Forums banner

Garm's would be pretty good, too, if only it were the right size.

>preaching the joys of Farmland Saga
You're not fooling me, Yukimura.

thanks for all this man, as well as the bamboo samurai translation as well. fucking based

Thanks for the chapter.

That chapter end kind of snuck up on me. Felt way too short.

Thanks Hox

Historie > Vinland Saga

Only the biggest of plebs disagree

Thanks Hox