Fate/*

Fate/*

So, I haven't seen a single one of these. I've been meaning to check the franchise out for years now. I'm not sure if I'll enjoy it or not, but it looks interesting as hell. I have absolutely no idea where to start.

Can anyone recommend a starting point and a viewing order for someone who knows practically nothing about the franchise?

Try Naruto or Raildex instead.
It's all the same shounenshit.

Watch Tsukihime first. It's a good entry point.

Reading the VN is the best choice, but it's not a big deal if you prefer to watch the anime first. Watch them in airing order.
Ignore this fag, he has a vendetta against Raildex.

Strangely enough, I actually liked the last episode of Railgun, although I can't bring myself to watch any the other episodes again.

Naruto's not entirely my thing but I have watched a bunch of episodes to see what it's all about.

So, Fate/*?

>viewing
Fuck off.

Read VN first, in Fate -> UBW -> HF order. Then watch Zero.

>Watch Tsukihime first. It's a good entry point.

Thanks for the suggestion, will look into it.

> Read VN first, in Fate -> UBW -> HF order. Then watch Zero.

Excellent, thankyou. I had planned to skip the VN(s) due to a bit of a time shortage. Is it better to change my mind and give the VN a shot first even if it'll take me longer to get through it?

Stop namefagging.

Holy hell. I just stumbled onto a listing of all of the entries in the Fate series. I'd thought there were just a handful. I was so very wrong...

Yes

test

Prisma Ilya is a good addition to the Fate/* canon.

> Reading the VN is the best choice, but it's not a big deal if you prefer to watch the anime first. Watch them in airing order.

Many thanks. I'm rethinking the the VN aspect, although time pressures might make this difficult. Cheers for the recommended order. :)

Cheers. I'm getting the impression that the VN is an important part of the franchise.

>Prisma Ilya is a good addition to the Fate/* canon.
Thanks. Noted for future viewing.

Okay, something unexpected came up so I have to run in a moment. Sorry to be one of those assholes that creates a thread and runs, but it was not intentional. :/ I'll check the thread when I'm back but I'm guessing it'll be dead by then. Thanks all for the suggestions and for taking time to read and reply, apologies to anyone who was looking to reply. Hopefully this will give me a starting point to get into the franchise. Much appreciated.

(still checking thread periodically, but can't stay for long each time)

Read the fucking VN. Read the fucking VN. Read the fucking VN. Read the fucking VN. Read the fucking VN. Read the fucking VN. Read the fucking VN. Read the fucking VN. Read the fucking VN. Read the fucking VN. Read the fucking VN. Read the fucking VN. Read the fucking VN. Read the fucking VN. Read the fucking VN.

>state of this newfag

:D I think I've been talked into it.
(still checking periodically)

And I'm back. Sorry about that.

So, Fate/stay night VN, then fate/stay night anime; or multiple VNs followed by anime of the same? All in chronological order where possible?

Scratch that last post. I wasn't aware particular routes of the VN were covered in different anime releases. I think I'm understanding the suggestions a bit better now.

Someone already gave you an order. No, you don't watch in chronological order. Literally no-one in this thread said that. Release order is best way to do it.

Just follow this, retard:
The VN is split into three parts: Fate, Unlimited Blade Works, Heaven's Feel. The 2006 anime adapted the Fate route with parts of HF and it's a pretty shoddy adaptation that's not really worth a watch. UBW had a mediocre movie adaptation and a decent series adaptation which I'd recommend you watch once you're done with the VN if you want to watch something animated. Once you're done with them, watch the Fate/Zero prequels. That should set you fine for now.

REEEE dont
just watch the main 3 animes
Fate Saber
Fate Ultimate Blade works
And Fate Heavens Wheel
All the other spin offs are irreverent
and read the VN

Fate/Stay Night VN
Fate/Zero Anime is fine
Fate/Hollow Ataraxia
Any other Fate stuff if you want/can
Most anything Fate is fine, as long as you avoid the original anime adaptation

If you like it, you can read Tsukihime (no experience with the anime), and look into the rest of the Nasuverse.

Here's the image people are supposed to reply to this question with, if you deign to read it.

No, don't bother with any of these. Fatefags are retards. Fate/Zero is the only entry you need to watch. Everything else is garbage.

Fate Ultimate Blade works is okay
and upcoming heavens wheel looks good as well

Oh right, and after Ataraxia would be a good time to watch/read Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya, if you like yuri interspersed with despair.

> No, you don't watch in chronological order.

Sorry, I meant airing order as suggested. Long day. I'm an idiot.

> Just follow this, retard:

Yeah, I earned that with my stupid comment. Thanks for catching it.

> The VN is split into three parts: Fate, Unlimited Blade Works, Heaven's Feel. The 2006 anime adapted the Fate route with parts of HF and it's a pretty shoddy adaptation that's not really worth a watch. UBW had a mediocre movie adaptation and a decent series adaptation which I'd recommend you watch once you're done with the VN if you want to watch something animated. Once you're done with them, watch the Fate/Zero prequels. That should set you fine for now.

Cool. Thanks.

>Here's the image people are supposed to reply to this question with, if you deign to read it.

Awesome. Thankyou. Saved. I just knew there'd be something like this.

Cheers, will do. Thankyou.

I'll be starting with reading Fate/Stay Night VN (all parts/routes) and will then check out the corresponding anime releases, airing order. By that point I should hopefully have a better idea as to where I should progress next.

I've saved all of these suggestions and will use them to guide me through the process.

Many thanks all. Cheers for putting up with a recommendation thread.

Don't even bother with the Fate universe if you are not at least willing to sink some time into reading the original VN.

>heavens wheel
Why do you keep calling it this?

don't fall for the bait, user