Why are dubs so bad, so really bad

Why are dubs so bad, so really bad.

Aside from dragonball z, fullmetal alchemist, and the one piece anime the dubs for everything else are just really awkward.

The dubs in one punch man are just not over the top enough or sound even close to decent, the fact that people get paid for this is obscene

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1wk2hYj0AF0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animaze
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Hellsing had a pretty alright dub

DB Kai had the best voice acting in history though.
youtube.com/watch?v=1wk2hYj0AF0

Only because crispin freeman has such an iconic voice I think the rest of it was because you had actors with actual accents playing characters who needed actual accents

German dubs are really good! or are we just talking about english dubs?

Genos voice was bad
But the rest is good

I felt like they tried to make saitama sound way more badass than he every would try and sound, not silly enough. and yeah genos was just awful

Saitama's English VA is horrible. You can't feel emotion from his voice and Saitama is like the most emotional MC I've ever seen. He's only bored when he's fighting but most of the show is SoL anyway.

English sounds bad.

It really is bad, it does not fit the character at all I have no idea where they get these things approved and who pays for this crap

English sounds great with the right feel and accents but it is really hard to cast for characters I guess

Baccano dubs were pretty good.

Because you are FUCKING WEEB.

Animaze died with Kevin Seymour and Disney only dubs Ghibli

Everything else is shit
RIP dubs

The sillier and more japenesey the anime the harder it would be to dub it properly

>Why are dubs so bad
because they are done by cheap voice actors with no talent, that dont care about the material and arent even right for the part

How much do these guys actually make? I mean these will go to dvd or be shown on large networks

Because there's like 15 people in the dubbing industry

>Trigun
>Cowboy Bebop

Guess what? Asians love english too, and try to put it in their songs whenever they can.

You're not special for hating on the language that you're used to. You're just another weaboo.

Because it's a niche industry where profit margins are wafer thin, which is why all the work is done as cheaply as possible.

What's funnier is that you don't realise subs are just as bad. Poor written conversation is just less noticeable.

i'll give you bebop, trigun was too cheesy

ok

not a native speaker but I noticed the dialogues in the english dub always sound so unnatural and forced. why the fuck do they sound like they're trying too hard?

This. Japanese voice actors are on the whole more rigorously trained and better at acting than their live-action counterparts.

English-speaking (usually American) voice actors that aren't also A-list live-action actors are bottom-of-the-barrel garbage.

The problem is largely that no-one is willing to spend much money on a dub that hardly anyone will watch anyway. So dubs continue to be low-budget shit, and audiences continue to shit on them, and distributors continue to see dubs as not worth any real investment.

Because there's no middle ground, they either try too hard or don't try at all and neither one ends well.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animaze

>Production list
>Cowboy Bebop
>Trigun
>The company closed when Kevin Seymour died.

RIP good dubs

check out the fandubs, youll lul

>You can't feel emotion from his voice
You're literally retarded, he's certainly one of the best VA's out there and you just wanna wank your superiority of muh subs

Disney are pretty hit or miss since they insist on casting celebs in everything. A good stage or film actor is not the same thing as a good voice actor.

It's really bad. I dont get how people want so many dubs, theyre mostly horrible and sound boring

>You can't feel emotion from his voice
isn't that kind of the point

If he's one of the best VAs out there then I guess not watching dub was a right decision.

I thought the dub for OPM was pretty good, actually.

Did you hear it once`? It's absolutely bad

Subs always have awkward dialogue, it doesn't seem as bad since they aren't saying it out loud.

Judging by watching a few dubbed bits, it seems perfectly fine.

I don't see what the big deal is. It really isn't even bad at all. You're taking it too seriously.

He sounds very emotionless and boring

Boku no Pico

>There are people who refers to the original nip voice-over as subs

The OVA's of it

Kill yourself.

boku no pico

not gay, just like puri puri prisoner, i promise

not gay

Enjoy your ban fag

This. Subs is horrible sometimes. The best way is learn moon and watch it raw.

Its a racket to convince you that learning japanese is the only way to watch anime. Don't do it user! Its too late for me but i have seen through the subs. I know too much. Don't learn any japanese so you can still enjoy subs!

pretty sure it's just easier to tell when someone's delivery is weird when you're hearing it in your own language

I'm not really fluent in both english and japanese (not a native speaker in both either) but english sounds weirder for me.

>inb4 you're just a weeb

because only retards want dubs

Dragon Ball Kai and Yu Yu Hakusho are the only dubs i've seen that are on par with the original.

Yugioh (Atem, Kaiba, and Pegasus) and OG Pokemon are surprisingly top ten

It's no wonder why the Pokemon anime took off

Because anime in general gets shit budget in the west. All the top tier voice actors only do games or western animation because they can actually afford them.

>FMA

No matter what people say Ed's dub voice will never not be horribly unfitting.

Because you're a weeb

One piece does actually a pretty good dub, at least up until the timeskip, then everything went to shit

shame the original pokemon dub cast got shafted and now theres awkward sound alikes.

>top tier
>western animation

I like dubs because I can focus a lot more on the show rather than reading. I don't mind English voice acting, however I don't watch moeshit because I cringe hearing Middle Ages women acting like kids. I hate Tara strong for that reason, even though she has excellent range, a lot of her casting is cringe.
That being said, I'm sure if I understood Japanese, I'd cringe just as much at middle age Jap women doing the same thing.

I don't think language has a bearing on anything in my opinion, just that I can't understand English changes some perspectives.

In India some rare old anime gets dubbed in Hindi and I think those are pretty good. Though the complex jokes are always changed to something entirely different.

Is this what Sup Forums has come to?

It's what every anime community and every discussion of anime on the internet has come to.

JUST LEARN JAPANESE YOU DUMB FUCK

What about Trips and Quads?

The Ninja Slayer dub managed to be pretty good, the YEARTS from the dub actor are arguably better. shame about all the lame jokes in the dub script

its easier to ignore that fact that all voice acting for animation is via dubbing

Germans had some ridiculously good dubs, mostly because they used seasoned voice actors you'd hear in movie, tv and cartoons who did that job for over 30 years.
Unfortunately most of them are either dead or have throat cancer.
Nowadays you only hear bottom of the barrel Hauptschüler trying to lazily act.
Fucking awful.

You're a weeb.

>and Saitama is like the most emotional MC I've ever seen.

Is this bait?

>Why does the voice acting which is casted and directed by the people who make the original work better than some random who who has to localize without every talking to the original creators?

Gee I don't know.

>Saitama's English voice sounds bored and emotionless
Well gee, do you think that's because the character is bored and emotionless?

>You can't feel emotion from Saitama's voice

This is the dumbest complaint I have heard in a long fucking time user

Redline has the best dub ever created

Debate me

i've tried to watch miss kobayachi's dragon maid in english dub... it was a fucking mistake

Baccano

The Cowboy Bebop dub isn't good. Tried listening to it, but it sounds so forced and fake.

Redline has the best everything ever created

I doubt anyone over 18 is this retarded. Shouldn't your mom be monitoring you?

Hetalia dub is top tier

I blame Leo Burnett.

Poor funding
Japanese media that has English as the primary/only spoken language have substantially better voice acting than most anime dubs. For example, Bayonetta, Dark Souls/Bloodborne, and MGS.

>Childhood is listening to dubs
>Adolescence is thinking dubs are shit
>Adulthood is preffering subs and not sperging out about dubs and realizing the One Piece 4kids theme is actually catchy as fuck.

The OPM dub is fine. I had 0 problems with it. Honestly preferred it. If I were to state problems it'd be that Tatsumaki sounded older than she should have (she's supposed to sound like a brat) and vaccine man not having that iconic Frieza voice.

I have never seen a thread with so much Reddit spacing.

G Gundam and Yuyu Hakusho have great dubs

People actually recommend you watch G Gundam dubbed instead of subbed.

>one piece
>Not awkward
Pick one
Also I hate how funimation ass raped Goku's character

Nice get

What the fuck is Reddit spacing?

>Aside from the one piece anime
It's dub is bad too.

The youji senkai dub was pretty good

>Why are dubs so bad, so really bad.
We've had this thread multiple times. It's a combination of the following factors:

>Things tend to sound cooler in a language you don't understand, or at the very least don't speak as your first language
>In Japan voice acting for anime is a really big deal so Japan uses their finest and most talented. In America it's considered second rate kiddy shit while America's best and finest voice actors work for Disney, Dreamworks et cetera
>Dubs always sound worse than the originals regardless of language (the English dub for Wakfu is shit too) because the original is made with the original language in mind. Often animation is animated after the voices are recorded, or at the very least the animation is made with the lines to be spoken in mind. This means that dubbing studios have the very difficult line of matching the syllables to the mouth movements while at the same time passing on the same message and tone. Hence why a lot of anime dubs tend to be full of filler words (like every other sentence starting with "listen up").

SASOOKAY, HE'S REALLY KÜHL
SAKOORA, DE BOOTIFOOL