Re:Zero

cute and sexy at the same time, do you have a digital version of the poster?

>morningstar keychain instead of Subaru.

More like Rem:Zero

Subaru is her dakimakura.

so it clearly seems like Rem has way wayyy more fans so why is the author not showing her? why the fuck is she not part of the story anymore?

Muh dick

because the plot demands it, it allowed for subaru to develop as a character in her absence.

It's not like she's dead or anything, he released alot of side stories where you can see Rem and Subaru develop their relationship in the time skip between arc 2 and arc 3

Because there's no point in focusing on the girl in a coma.

She may wake up at some point, but that didn't stop him from keeping her in a coma for 3 arcs so far.

so is he keeping her in coma so readers forget her? is she too good for the story? is trying to make emilia more like able? subaru's definitely not ending up with rem at this rate

>so is he keeping her in coma so readers forget her?
>he released alot of side stories where you can see Rem and Subaru develop their relationship
read before you write

Every thread until Crusch-sama gets her memories back.

isn't that just to satisfy the readers, because it's still keeping her out of main story

so? your point was that the author wants us to forget her what is not happening. Rem will wake up probably by the end of arc 6 and then she'll get her time again until then we'll get sidestories and specials

>isn't that just to satisfy the readers
Basically. The author probably never thought she would become so popular, surpassing even the heroine, so now he has to appease to the fanbase in certain ways.

Well it would be impossible to make Emilia more likeable with Rem in the spotlight

Emilia
>dishonorably ran away from the witch cult dying in the escape tunnel
>cannot do things on her own
>sits around and does nothing
>didn't really have any character development

Vs

Rem
>won most popular Girl in 2016
>most popular Re:Zero character
>MC and Her are emotionally dependent on each other

Emilia definitely will become more likable in Rem's absence because she gets alot more attention and character development/backstory but at this point she will never top Rem in popularity.

>readers forget about her
not true, even though she is in a coma she still comes up frequently in Arc 4

Can someone please explain to my way this board doesn't use generals? You guys have like 4 threads talking about Re:Zero.

there're two right now and one of them is from shitposter

>
Any idea why Rem would say that?

why do you assume it's Rem?

It is probably just a throw away line.

Well it's not like rem was rolling in character development, her entire character boils down to "I want Subarus dick" since what parts of her arc were interesting fell into irrelevance, and she's literally the textbook definition of waifu bait.

Emilia at least gets good development in arcs 4 and 5

can you emiliashitters stop making up shit? it's annoying

>rem only became popular when it was revealed she wanted subaru

really makes you think

>???:
>—In the final world of light, a girl that Emilia has never seen awake and speaking talks.
>I'd like to have a proper conversation with her, she thinks.
Dude, the thread just started, calm your bait

yeah, like Satella and Petra and Emilia, right?

>Well it's not like rem was rolling in character development,
that's where you are wrong, she was given a backstory and events in the story changed how she behaved
>text book definition of waifu bait
that's Emilia
>sex appeal
>doesn't really have any flaws
>"kind" "naive" "pure" girl trope

Wanting Subaru wasn't enough, dick plays a part too.

Why do the mods hate Ferisu

gundam hammer > subaru

What makes you think that?

Because he's a shit who gets rightfully mindbroken to hell in the Dark Lord AU.
PRAISE THE DARK LORD

IF*

>Emilia at least gets good development in arcs 4 and 5
she was dumb in arc 1 and she's still dumb in arc 6, I wouldn't call that "good development"
She is an idealized character what basically means that she'll never have good development since she lacks flaws

Come on, don't be that harsh. Trials are are pretty much character development for everyone, even if her answers to Trial 2 and 3 were lacking to say the least.

All the waifus of this show are bad

what makes a good waifu?

He still gives focus to the fact that Subaru is always visiting her at night to talk to her about his day, and how he still sees her as the girl who he can be true to, and show his weak side.

Plus the current arc came about from the fact that he heard the tower they're in, may hold a cure for gluttony victims, and his main focus is Rem.

rem has more characver delovpment than emilia. heck when knows things about her hobbys like she like readings books,drama, poetry etc also her backstory is more tragic than emilia,

>Emilia at least gets good development in arcs 4 and 5
you mean being a damsel in distress since arc 1?

I really wonder if Tappei was just rusing us from the start about Emilia being the heroine. Arc 4 was supposed to be her big development but the climax with Beatrice felt so much more genuine.
Subaru gave two speeches in a few hours, and only felt forced to rip off From Zero in one of them, why

I think the plan was to have Subaru realize the error in his ways pinning after Emilia like a dog in the first 2 Arcs, and come to realization of what a healthy relationship.

The guy is a autistic sperg NEET(ish) who has no friends chasing his ideal fantasy girl, who as soon as he saw her labeled her as the "Heroine" of his fantasy adventure. If you looked at some of the LN spoiler artwork, there is a depiction of Subaru's room and you can see Silver Haired Elf girl posters; which you can interpret as "he likes Silver Haired Elf girls.

But along the way he develops more healthy realistic not-forced relationships with characters like Rem, Ram, Beatrice, Otto, Julius, Garf, etc. which if you compare them to his relationship with Emilia you can see how fucking bad it is between them.

>won most popular Girl in 2016
Anime Rem won the award, not the original Rem. The outcome would have been different if White Fox adapted the novel properly and thoroughly depicted Rem's flaws.

Wouldn't have made her any less of a cockhungry slut that people love.

Original Rem is even better than anime Rem so she would have won anyways.

We already had a discussion on the reason for her popularity. People loved her as the "Rising Heroine".

Hint: It's not because of Felix.

>>MC and Her are emotionally dependent on each other
That's not really entirely a good thing.
>I think the plan was to have Subaru realize the error in his ways pinning after Emilia like a dog in the first 2 Arcs, and come to realization of what a healthy relationship.
I don't think Subaru is capable of a healthy relationship. He's able to be a bit less of a sperg towards Emilia post-Rem, but there's a pretty good reason for that. He's now got a yandere GF to dump the grand bulk of his insecurities and clinginess onto, so he doesn't need to force that on Emilia.

In short, it isn't that he's able to treat Emilia better despite becoming a two-timer. He's actually able to treat Emilia better because he is a two-timer.

The post-From Zero scenes don't give me the impression of someone anymore emotionally stable than he was at the beginning of Arc 3. If anything, he's even clingier and more unbalanced. It's just that Rem is better at bearing that weight than Emilia is, and better at directing it productively as a result.

>the outcome would have been different
I don't believe you, a character having flaws doesn't stop people from liking them you know. It makes the character have more depth and "grounds" the character making them more easily for the audience to relate with them.

>adopted the Novel properly
Meaning the addition of even more Rem scenes? The cut romance scenes between Rem and Subaru in the later half of the show? If they added the interludes where Rem gets attacked that would only make more people like her.

>—“Head Maid of the Household of Margrave Roswaal L. Mathers, Rem”
>Intending to proclaiming her identity, Rem shook her head.
>In this moment, the name she really wanted to say was
>[Rem: I am only someone who is beloved by the person she loves. Companion of the Hero, the one I love the most in all the world, no matter what. Natsuki Subaru’s companion, Rem]
>A pristine white horn emerged from her forehead, an immense surge of mana flew into her body from the atmosphere.
>Her body drinking in new strength, the chain of her morning star writhing, rattling, the ice spears around her ringing in anticipation
>She opened her eyes, taking in the world and the feeling of the atmosphere. In her mind, she was seeing his face.
>[Rem: Prepare yourselves, Sin Archbishops. Rem’s hero shall bring punishment upon you!]
>Clash met clash, and in that instant she thought—
>I wish when he realizes I am gone, it could cause a small ripple in his heart.
>—This alone, was what Rem wished for in her final moment.
Even still.
>among WN/LN readers Rem is still the most popular before the Anime even aired

why are you purityfags so butthurt about characters who are in love? Rem is still a kissless virgin, you know

I'm "butthurt" because people only like Rem because she wants Subaru's dick.

>>>MC and Her are emotionally dependent on each other
>That's not really entirely a good thing.
The idea was that Subaru would be like "Rem this, Rem that" if she was still with him, and her being close to him at all times. Making her take up all the spotlight and get the most "screen time"

Not sure if this was the LN or the WN but when he did the whole negotiation thing in Arc 3 he was holding Rem's hand the entire time.

>I don't think Subaru is capable of a healthy relationship.
Well, at least romantically. His other relationships are fine.
>The post-From Zero scenes don't give me the impression of someone anymore emotionally stable than he was at the beginning of Arc 3. If anything, he's even clingier and more unbalanced.
Well, everything was still fucked if he didn't do a good job, his insecurity at the time was understandable.
It's a shame his peace after reuniting with Emilia lasted roughly half an hour.

But people like her because she is the only girl who wants Subaru to become a better man, she didn't let him run away in Arc 3 (if she did then she wanted his dick as her top priority, she didn't so she isn't as cock hungry as you miss-believe). She is the only character to support Subaru.

She is, in fact, she is one of Subaru's key motivations. She just currently isn't taking a proactive role.

>Rem gets attacked that would only make more people like her.
Wouldn't that make people like her less because from their perspective, she would be basically dead and wouldn't appear again in the story until years later?

that's not true, I like her humor, hard-worker attitude, her superficially polite talk even when she's just shittalking, how open and honest she's about her feelings, that she doesn't hate the world even though it's been unfair to her since her birth, her relatable flaws and wishes, that 'never give up' attitude just to name some stuff that's not Subaru related

Do you seriously fucking believe that? People like Rem because she is a short sexy maid that wants the MC's dick and is ready to die for him.

>It's another Remfags bash Emilia because she's the main girl episode.

they would enjoy the story less but like Rem more

People like tragedy. The most famous romance stories usually always end with tragedy.

I don't think you get it, we don't like her because she will win the subarubowl: we like her because we want to see her win the subarubowl.

Why do we even need a thread? There is no new chapter out. Just let this die, it's only going to be shitposting and baiting with a dash of catfag on the side.

people like Rem for the same reasons they like Otto and Otto doesn't want to fuck Subaru afaik

>Do you seriously fucking believe that? People like Emilia because she is a naive sexy elf that doesn't know the pleasures of dicking yet.

>emilia
>main girl
Nice one, even the author himself demoted Emilia and gave Rem the "Rising Heroine" title. Rem will take the maingirl slot when she wakes up.

same is Ram and she's not popular, your logic is just blind hate

Translators like it when theres already a thread up so they don't have to make their own.

>Ram
>not popular
Excuse you? Do I need to remind you that Ram has a shit ton of fanarts and that number won't be slowing down anytime soon? Saying Ram is not popular is ridiculous and absurd.

>same is Ram
What the fuck?

Ram is only popular because of Rem.

>but when he did the whole negotiation thing in Arc 3 he was holding Rem's hand the entire time.
Yep. That's the kind of thing I'm talking about.
I'm not talking about him just being insecure. He's always insecure. I'm not sure how it looks in the LN, but the bulk of what's keeping him functional is that he doesn't want to disappoint Rem. If she said the wrong thing to him at any point, he'd probably have a panic attack. I know this, because he seriously had a panic attack in the last loop, just because Rem said the wrong thing.

And he certainly didn't become less emotionally dependent on her post-From Zero. When Betty suggests an encounter with Rai could fuck Subaru up beyond repair, I seriously believe that.

>same is Ram
So she also lusts the MC's cock and is ready to die for him?

Couldn't care less about her main girl status. I bash her because despite all the screentime she gets she lacks character development, characterization and undependant actions. Combine that with the damsel in distress role and the 'I'm so innocent and pure but everyone hates me' thing and you should understand why she's not that beloved. She also drags down Subaru.

>is ready to die for him?
Well, she'll go this far. She doesn't want her imouto's boyfriend to die, even if he's scum.

she actually lusts for roswaal's cock and is more than happy to die for him. she is more extreme than Rem so by your logic she should be super popular

with roswaal of course, it's about the attitude

That's not what I meant. People like Rem because she lusts the MC's cock. People don't care about other cocks.

she isn't even top 5, her fanart is mostly in combination with Rem

>Rem is still a kissless virgin, you know
Yeah, but she doesn't want to be.

None of that stuff is necessarily bad/good for Rem's popularity though, you do realize it would just invoke a
>tfw no Rem to lean on
feeling within the audience.

You are right that Rem being gone will make Subaru develop into a better character, her absence being good for the story/character development.

>Ram
>only popular because of Rem
Right. She might be less populat without Rem but nothing indicates that she alone wouldn't be popular at all. She possesses most if not all traits Rem has so I believe people will like her regardless of whom she is paired up with.

that's absurd, who fucking cares if it's the MC or the clown, it's about the attitude or are you implying that Subaru is a self-insert character?

who wants to be one? wtf

Do you seriously think she's the first person in any show to lust after the MC's cock? Why would people care so much about her if it's just that?
It's not even Rem anymore, I realized during the last three chapters I want to more time with pretty much everyone other than her

>She possesses most if not all traits Rem has so I believe people will like her regardless
Ram is not a cockhungry slut. That makes her unpopular.

now you made the bait too obvious, fuck off

I'm not really discussing her popularity. Subaru still finds a way to lean on her even when she's gone. Her absence doesn't really make Subaru grow or develop all that better. I guess it does stop people from giving him too many odd looks and questioning his fidelity.

I don't think Rem being there would entirely hold back Subaru's development. He develops just fine with her there, at least insofar as Subaru develops fine at all. He's got issues.
Well, definitely not Rem. I wonder if she ever practices?

except that Ram wants the clown canon without good reasons and is a submissive bitch who would throw away her family for him

Stop taking the bait or let the thread die until summary uploads the next chapter

Hideaki Anno syndrome, his chosen waifu was not the fan favorite so now only pain awaits Rem.

>It's another bros fight over Rem and Emilia and will soon just randomly start to bully Ferri because both sides are too stubborn to give up and need to target someone else and malicious and full of bullies episode

Well in her absence he strives to become the man she planted the image of in his mind. He has this whole training for year thing and generally does more heroic things in Arc 5.

I hope she did practise so it won't be a cringefest like with the other pairing.

We bully you(you) because you make it too easy, like nigga you don't ever actually discuss anything you just post one of your 600 Felix pictures and get mad when ever someone calls that character shit(which they rightfully should do).

ferris a shit

Same reason why Rem still pursued Subaru even though she already knew that guy wanted to love only Emilia. Ram just can't choose who she loves user. If you want to blame someone, Roswaal should be the one to be blamed for making Ram become that fucked up.

You're reaching ESL levels of delusional.
Please stop, you're better than that

Are people fighting over Emilia? I wasn't paying attention to any of that. I'm just talking about Emilia's psuedo-boyfriend's girdfriend.
In her presence, he tries to do the same thing. That's why I'm saying Rem's presence would probably get people to start eyeing him uncomfortably, but probably wouldn't hold back his development. Though he might develop in a rather odd manner.
It's going to be a complete cringefest, and you know it.

ferris sucks cocks.

I'm not blaming her for loving the clown but for the shit she would let him get away with. Rem and Ram are completely different in that regard and considering how Ram said bs like 'Let Rem just die for Roswaal's sake' I highly doubt anyone would like her for that.

>It's another let's bully the Ferribro and at the same time low key bully Ferri episode

>cameltoe through a shirt
Jesus Christ Rem