Average Salaryman: Gee I wish I could solve this problem in my life right now

Average Salaryman: Gee I wish I could solve this problem in my life right now.

Moguro: Here, have this magic thing that solves this problem in your life.

Average Salaryman: Wow thanks.

Moguro: But don't do THE THING.

Average Salaryman; Ok, I won't.

Moguro: How about I get you drunk and 5 feet away from doing THE THING.

Drunk Salaryman: You kinda forced my hand, there.

Moguro: Doesn't matter, DOOOOOON!

I feel like I would enjoy this more if I could feel like those dudes deserved to get fucked over.
It's not really fun if Moguro is the thing that gets them instead of their own shortcomings.

Just see Moguro as a troll instead of a punisher of evil.

The writing is trash, yeah.

It's more realistic, though. People often profit from finding weak willed people, and rubbing their faces in their vice until they break. You're supposed to hate Moguro, and be more wary of his mundane counterparts IRL for having seen him in action.

Some of the folks were shitty, but some I felt legitimately sorry for. Old train guy the most because he was just sad. In his time of need he wished for something and Mogoro just took advantage of him more than anything.

It wasn't even a 'lol troll'd you' moment, it was just 'let's shit on this old guy'.

Meguro is a cunt, isn't that the point. I haven't tried the old series yet though.

it's suppose to be a horror series guy is basically a monster

Yeah I kinda get that Moguro is an asshole, but I kinda wish there was a better moral to some of the episodes.
Like when the guy who got bullied at work turned into a bully when given a position of power, that was nice.

I've watched like 2 seasons of HellGirl, I can deal with some repetition, but I need some kind of catharsis to keep me going, just seeing Moguro shit on people with unhappy lives isn't it.

That would require more assholes w/ unhappy lives, because no one else is gonna take Moguro up on his offers. But assholes are usually more happy. Being an asshole gets them what they want eventually.

Wait, is it DOOOOOOON OR TOOOOOOOON? I've seen people write it out both ways.

Yeah, I liked that result. I prefer it when the people fuck themselves over because they had another flaw that their granted wish didn't get rid of.

Like the old episode with the illustrator. I found out how it would end before I watched it, and as a drawfag I thought I'd be spooked, but nope: the guy had a total complex with becoming a hero with no regard for the danger that involves.

I liked the one with the girl and the shopping problem too, though the consequence is a little bit silly. There was nice foreshadowing in her being called "like a grandma" by the meaner girls though, and maybe she could come up with a new nickname and start a new life?

I feel like a perk to this show is knowing that they're going to be screwed over anyway, and that the skits are short. I hate getting to emotionally invested in something that ends up having a shitty ending, so it takes a lot of pressure off.

Wondering for the other folks watching this: it's obvious that Moguro isn't human. Do you guys like speculating on what his deal is and where he's really from, or is the mystery essential?

I'm kind of caught between both. I'm less frustrated watching the show play out because I imagine him more as an incarnation of misfortune itself than a person that's OP as fuck, but I can't help but want to know if there's other beings like him out there in-universe ... also what the deal is with that bartender.

Why is it always some office worker as well.

I like the show but can see it getting a little bit stale if they use the same recipe every episode.

Yeah, the bartender is actually what I'm most interested in. How does he live with himself, knowing Moguro brings in customer after customer, poised to ruin their lives

Salarymen are miserable people.

He was boom'd.

>How does he live with himself
You can see in his eyes; it's not easy.

And how about that painting?

Yeah, I'm getting a little tired of it always being a salaryguy going after a cute girl too. I agree with you.

Even though the shopping one was an office lady, the problem felt like a more unique one.

I always saw his expression as neutral, but here he does look sad. Interesting. There's also the part from the old anime where he pointed to the "see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil" monkeys. Moguro can stay a mystery, since that is a part of his character, but I want to know the bartender's background. Might be silly to hope, though.

He gets his kicks by making deals with people and screwing them over.
He's the devil.
But like said, I'm much more interested in the bar and its tender. I haven't seen the original series nor read the manga, is he ever explained?

looks like something made by doré

Is it just me, or has Moguro been a little nicer in Warau Salesman NEW? He tends to give warnings more obviously and has had some more silly moments (not that he didn't before, I'm just noticing it more now). I haven't seen episode 4 yet though.

>first half of episode is shit
>second is enjoyable, if not, at least is more in depth
Every episode has ended up this way. I may as well skip the first stories

This. Identify with Moguro, preying on weak willed idiots. If you identify with the victim, you're doing it wrong.

It is actually not known for sure if it's made by Doré or not, but damn if it is not a great work.

Is literally no one on Sup Forums capable of taking responsibility for their actions?

>here's your drivers license and keys, you can keep it on your person at all times, even when drink but DON'T drink and drive okay?
>Okay I won't
>person gets drunk while having his keys on him
>decides to drive
>kills ten people and breaks his legs
HE DINDU NUFFIN BLAME WHOEVER GAVE HIM A CAR

You gave keys and license to a guy you know has a drinking problem. What the fuck did you expect?

Someone translate the manga please

>I feel like I would enjoy this more if I could feel like those dudes deserved to get fucked over.
But that's the deal: they only have it coming in as far as they trusted a stranger's highly specific deal/benefit and ended up worse for it. Some of them had it coming (the abused-salaryman-turned-abusing-boss from episode 2), some didn't (the train-maniac from episode 3). Some suffer light consequences (the guy trapped between his mother and his girlfriend was merely forced to choose for the one he had already said he valued the most), some have their lives ruined (the office lady from episode 1). That's it, Moguro is utterly random. He's a force of nature, and like many forces of nature one to be wary of. That, and his victims are often shortsighted (trainguy should've just been happy with the one ride he got, as opposed to zero rides if he had never met Moguro. Office Lady shouldn't have been so stupid to waste her card on something that cannot be reimbursed, or at least specifically ask Moguro (she had his number, right?) what would happen if she did that. Even if Moguro said something vague like "don't do that", that should be enough of a hint).

>He's the devil.
I think he's more of a Youkai-like creature. Youkai are often called "demons" in the West but that's a shoddy translation because Youkai aren't a thing we're familliar with. At best we could compare them to sprites or gnomes. They are creatures of supernatural nature who are often tricksters and of varying moral natures. Moguzo isn't the incarnation of evil itself, he's just a trickster that fucks people over to varying degrees.

Never watched the original, but I've heard others say it was more hardcore in its "punishments".

Mahou Gyoushounin Roma at least had a cute girl, and she typically gave the people a legit chance to not fuck up.

>Wondering for the other folks watching this: it's obvious that Moguro isn't human. Do you guys like speculating on what his deal is and where he's really from, or is the mystery essential?
It literally does not even matter in the absolute slightest, at last unless they actually hint that there's some kind of backstory for him or anything outside of a laughing magical old guy that fills holes in hearts.

What would a blowjob from Moguro be like?

>legit chance to not fuck up
Moguro in the last episode literally, LITERALLY, asked the guy if he was actually in love with the girl, or if he was only attracted to how she looked on the outside, and the guy fucked himself over because he's a fucking cunt, he deserved everything he got, even worse when he actually said he would marry the girl despite not knowing her whatsoever

The 2nd guy was even more of a retard, he got honeypotted by some cute face, and lost the one thing in his entire life that he has ever desired the most, the very same day that he earned it, he's a fucking retard that deserves to get fucked over with

Moguro is the embodiment of natural selection, do stupid shit, get fucked over. I like to look at him as a force of nature as has been mentioned already.

teethy

Okay, you got my attention. What is this show?

Warau Salesman New, the follow-up to the 1989 original Warau Salesman (aka the smiling salesman).

Crazy, this show is a year older than I am.

Fuck off Moguro, don't give him an easy answer.

>watching an anime where people with shit lives get shit on ever further

I dropped it because it's not very satisfying. I'd rather watch people who have it all get fucked over.

I feel bad for the train otaku, he seemed genuinely down on his luck and wanted to get his life together until he lost it at his boss. The rest of the people were looking for an easy out of their problems while he was almost content with a temporary reprieve.

Like giving a dog a bone to chew on

> I love making people happy
> I don't even do it for money
> Hey come to my club
> It was fun rite?
> enjoy your life crippling debt lol

>he was almost content with a temporary reprieve.
He really wasn't. Going on that train was just one more in a long line of train-fanatic activities. He always did minimum work because he kept using his time to go look at trains.

I want an episode where mogouro meets moguro and they both try to scam each other but it ends up in a scam off where they both end up losing and then the last scene is the audience getting the BOOM.

There just isn't enough of interest to spread over a full length show, even if they do 2 per episode. These should be 5 minute shorts, because they're just really insubstantial.

I dunno, even though Moguro is a dickbag who sometimes over-punishes people, it seems to me the guys making it are picking up on some of the viewers reactions. The people are getting more openly scummy, and even the A part of the newest episode implies the couple will move on and stay in love. He didn't even get the DOOOOONN. Second guy was more sympathetic, but his problem involved women, which always fuck guys lives up. But still, it feels like they're learning.

The one about the guy that just needed someone to talk to about his thoughts of cheating on his wife got me.

It's probably shit, but are there even raws?

For an Aesop-kind of a story Moguro fucks too much with the victim, for a force of nature horror it's too mild in the punishment department and the clients are too dumb, naive, or simply miserable for it to have any dramatic impact. Kicking the underdog is neither scary nor teaches any moral. The only thing it is, is a bit distasteful.

It may have been one of the first, but there are way better monkey paw type manga out there.

I don't think there is an Aesop. If anything, it's "don't do anything stupid/don't be foolish." The clients are fucked once they run into him anyway.
I don't think there's meant to be any rooting for the victims to be okay, because a lot of the time they end up doing something stupid.

Well, if you run into him randomly and you are fucked no matter what, it doesn't matter if you do or don't do anything foolish.

I like the novelty of a rebooted classic. Shit like Tiger Mask W and this push all the right buttons for me, even if they're still dated in their rebooted form. It's nice to have a variety as opposed to Generic School Battle Harems and Kawaii Uguu SoL anime/manga

What would you recommend, user? Genuinely curious. Only thing is I'm not really into Black Mirror kind of stuff that makes you feel like you wasted your time.

I think I meant that the people he runs into are foolish anyway. If they were smarter, then he wouldn't be able to do what he does anyway.

I think the overlining flaw with a lot of these people is that they can never stop themselves or think about whether this distracts from their moral and social obligations and just keep going and going. If these characters ever actually listened to Moguro whenever he shows up with his third or fourth warning and think "Maybe I do need to slow down a bit and think this through" all of these conflicts would probably be resolved peacefully.

How come all the anons bitching about this don't watch something like Jigoku Shoujo where 65% of the time the person who gets fucked deserves it

Exactly. The majority of the episodes have me going "Don't do that, you idiot!"

This Moguro?

I don't think people realize these aren't meant to be about him punishing bad people. He's almost like a horror monster, he does this for his own gain and amusement.

A rather worthy improvement to this shot in the remake of the episode compared to the original.

I'm quite fine with him being a troll, but that doesn't mean I can't find it awesome when his trolling overlaps with pushing someone awful.

>for a force of nature horror it's too mild in the punishment department and the clients are too dumb, naive, or simply miserable for it to have any dramatic impact.

Moguro is capable of some rather harsh punishments, and I kind of wish that more stories would go that angle rather than the short term inconvenience that many clients get.

He is pic related just with no meguca stuff, way more older and worse.

Thank god Kyubey didn't try to get any underage girls drunk so that they could sign the contract. On the other hand, Moguro never goes after anyone who isn't an adult (although in some cases the children of the client may be indirectly affected). Hmm.

Both are con man.
But Moguro is more competent.

I suppose it makes sense. Kyubey is one of many, Moguro is the one and only.

Also where the fuck is my continuation, Madoka staff?

But it's fun to see they getting fucked up because Moguro dragged them into it

>Both are con man.
But QB never did anything wrong. He didn't even punish magical girls who didn't do as he'd want.

This show is about fucking with normalfags; how can you not love it? The OP alone is worth it.

The last episode is another reminder not to involve yourself with 3DPD--if not just to protect yourself from your weak will. With that said, I would've totally fucked this qt.

Maybe they're saving some more hardcore stuff for the end.

How may cocks do you think I can stick in that mouth?

A lot, but remember he has big teeth so he'd probably chop them out.

The only story I haven't really liked so far was the running guy one from this week's episode, and that was only because when Moguro DON'd him, nothing really happened. He just sorta... sank.

I have so many ideas right now, and I'm sad there's probably no manga about this on sadpanda.

>nothing really happened
But it showed him being transported to China.

I do like that a lot of the conflict involves men being in love with or pursuing women. There are only a handful of constants across all of Human civilization's history and people, but first among them is that if there's a man, there's a woman who will drive him wild. Second among them is Yang Wen-Li's speech about alcohol

>spoiler
No fucking shit

The DON'd might not have done much, but he got his punishment. The card was working for everyone except him in the final scene, as the girl he gave the card to had no problems running through the crowd of runners that blocked him.

Another comparison, they really went all out with the new true face.

I'd still have passionate sex via missionary with either one

I can't help but feel like this would have been slightly funnier if she was specified as being Korean

that looks like it came straight out from Yamishibai

Reminds of the ghost in Ju-on: The Grudge

Imagine Moguro triggering an NTR. An act that destroys the NTRist and the cheating whore.

I need this, now.

I thought I was down to watch this, but all it feels I'm watching is shitting on loser people who's lives already suck.

Feels a little too close to home, user?

>Be fat unsuccessful loser with women.
>Hate women for not giving you a chance.
>Hate that handsome guy who keeps showing off his relationship to everyone even more.
>Run into Moguro.
>Moguro offers you a chance to be a cassanova with everyone with strange item.
>Warns you not to use it for ill purposes.
>Decide to go after Handsome guy's girlfriend just to show off how better you are as a lover.
>Ahegao.jpg
>Handsome guy arrives home. Sees what you've done.
>Girl admits she cannot live without your cock.
>smug.jpg
>Guy suddenly steps outside and makes a call.
>A shitton of guys in black and white suits show up and hogtie you and the girl.
>Turns out handsome guy is son of a don.
>You and the girl are now living under Tokyo bay inside a barrel.
>Moguro laugh.jpg

Yes. YES

Probably.

I'm not really learning any good lessons from it either except "accept the shitty life you already have, trying to improve it will lead to losing everything because people want to see you suffer".

Anyone know which episode this Moguro shows up?

>no warau swordsman pic
You guys did Moeguro but not the swordsman? What the fuck guys

The cap is from 81 of the original.

I actually miss the echoing effect of Moguro's voice.

Getting married to Eddie ain't a bad deal.

>"accept the shitty life you already have, trying to improve it will lead to losing everything because people want to see you suffer"
Accepting help from some stranger whose head looks like a chain chomp is what fucked them over. If they really wanted to improve their lives they would've have done it already, but they didn't because they're shitty people.
Just like you and me. Thankfully he doesn't go after NEETs and Hikkis it seems.

Then you do it, pretty boy

Thank you kindly, user.

>This is a Japanese Eddie
Nothing is safe from moeification

He parodied that with the manga artist who couldn't leave his room.

Then there's the guy who wished to be a sloth.

Why doesn't he make deal with women anymore?
Are they no longer lonely?

The second story next week will be a woman again. But both this and the original have far more men as clients.

FUCK
Unless he smashes my bedroom window open, I think I'll be fine.

Cool. Maybe the reason Moguro goes after men more often than women is because he's secretly a woman. (Hardly worth a spoiler.)

I wish all Fujiko Fujio, both of them, works are translated. F has great scifi shorts while A has good general seinen stuff.

He has the ability to warp reality and you think a wall will stop him?

Just read Pet Shop of Horrors instead of watching this shit.