Walmart in the news

what's Sup Forums's reaction to Walmart increasing starting wages and handing out bonuses equal to how long you've worked for the company? Since I've been there since the W administration, it will be nice to have an extra $500 (pretax, of course). I do feel kind of cheated in a way as I don't even make $15/hr, but that will be the starting wage in 2020.

washingtonpost.com/news/business/wp/2018/01/11/walmart-to-raise-starting-hourly-wage-to-11-offer-paid-parental-leave/?utm_term=.dc4addb79784

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=US inflation rate yearly
lmgtfy.com/?q=US wage increase
m.youtube.com/watch?v=ewRjZoRtu0Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They're shutting down all retail stores so it's pretty much nothing. All those people are going to lose their jobs in the next ten years.

Don't tell me that. I need this job...

I used to hate Walmart..now I actually kind of like them and I want Amazon wiped off the face of the earth and that faggot Bezos to die. Amazon is one of the greatest cancers of all time.

Its a 1 time bonus afaik and theyre closing down 10% of their sam clubs
The people getting axed are getting severance pay or get to move to a different store

>11$ minimum
>1 time bonus

Walmart has been shutting down stores because they have built way too many of them. As long as you are working at an okay to well performing store, you will be fine.

they're expanding self checkout
if you're a cashier you're probably fucked

thought i was hot shit starting at $10/ hr in 2006. The bonus will help pay my rent.

thank goodness.

Cashiers are fucked, yes. All mystery meat or elderly women.

What are you still doing there?! I'd blow my head off, maybe you should. I would feel like the biggest loser everyday.

Closed stores are being remade into FEMA death camps, the final happening is around the corner... innawoods or die, those are the options.

I work at a Target with self checkout but work in a different department
They only like to schedule 1 or 2 cashiers at a time and call people from other departments for backup and then complain when they dont finish what they were scheduled to do

Doesn't anyone remember Jade Helm?! They built tunnels under the whole country, inter-connecting every Walmart in a huge network for the coup-revolution!

not smart enough to do anything else.

>Since I've been there since the W administration
At least tell me your in the management program.

what is your problem, drone?

funny I was referencing this bitch earlier today.

Nope. AM trainees are for stores 200+ miles away.

Fuck you
Fuck you
And fuck you
>not smart enough to do anything else
If I could find you I’d beat you with books. No one should think like that. I’m dumber than a bag of rocks. I have a BBA (bachelor of business) and a associate degree in applied science.
You are the only thing holding yourself back. If I could do it, I could probably get a pound puppy to do the same.
Have some self esteem. Nobody here is going to give it to you.

my past decisions in life reveals otherwise.

I’ve been to prison.
I don’t think you can top that. Not a weekend in county. I’ve been to federal prison.
You are the thing that defines you. You are the only thing that holds you back.
Fuck you again for thinking I’d have empathy. Life is what you make of it. I had a shit show too. I’m not bitching on a Jamaican blunt rolling forum about it. I’m improving myself.
Your life is what you make it.
If you want to cry about it, make a blog and get the fuck out of here. This isn’t faceberg.

They're just keeping pace with inflation.

Thought this was just the target I'm at.

>Work for Wal Mart for 11, possibly 12 years
>Get $500 bonus

You got fucked my nigga. Also, how have you not offed yourself yet? I was an unloader back in 08, lasted about a year until I told my manager to go fuck himself and threw my name badge in his face. Then I worked at Kroger for almost 8 years and by year 4 I was at $19 an hour. Serious, collect your bonus, tell them to eat a dick, and if you are gonna stay in retail, find a place that will give you credit for your experience. I guarantee you'll make more.

Inflation is two point + percent, per year.
lmgtfy.com/?q=US inflation rate yearly
Wages have been stagnant for decades.
lmgtfy.com/?q=US wage increase
You are the captain of your soul. If you don’t like your situation, you’re the only one who can change it.

You don't need it. You just can't imagine yourself doing something else. Time to man up nigger.

>imagine working somewhere for over a decade and not even making 10 bucks an hour and being happy about a 500 dollar bonus that keeps you afloat till 2020 when you'll get 15 an hour

Did you get raped? What were you in for?

Go apply at Costco and Home Depo. You can literally do it on the machine you are using to complain to us about this and they have better fiscal projections and treat their employees like human beings.

Drugs
No. I can fight. Rape only happens like OP’s story. Weak people get raped, regardless of where you are.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=ewRjZoRtu0Y

you could become the president of your country

Not my fault your lawyer wasn't Jewish enough. I just hope I don't get bagged myself for a few cases of armed robbery committed during the tough times.

>Fuck you again for thinking I’d have empathy
Was never asking for it.

This. The 2% annual wage increases doesn't keep up.

Wish there were Kroger stores around here. Should I apply at the Aldi opening up soon?

No Costco around here. I'm worried Home Depot will give me shit hours as I get a guarantee of a 40 hour work week with overtime once in a blue moon. I don't live with family and have bills to pay.

With my work history, I'd get trampled by the press. No Teflon Don here.

Lol. You’re LARP central. You have no self confidence. The kid who delivers my newspaper would be a better stick up man than you. You’d shit yourself before pulling a trigger.
Your whole spiel, this whole thread is you begging for empathy. Don’t act like you’re not. Every post you’ve made is “plz sorry for me”.
Grow up. Change your life. I did. You can too. Get a blog faggot, no one cares you are dumb and want to continue being dumb.