Why dont they just date?

Why dont they just date?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yzvIn0mdXtY
youtube.com/watch?v=x8OweCq2cZc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Shinji is gay for Kaworu

Communication is hard. That was the whole show.

Their AT fields are too strong

They are afraid of themselves and of others. Thats like the whole point. Perhaps they can try after EoE now they want to improve, if they can get past their hate first.

They are japanese living in a semi post apocalyptic world

Shinji is homosexual
Asuka is a lesbian
Rei is asexual

Exactly they have no reason to not be fucking like rabbits

Give it time

wasn't it just her wanting him to make the first move

She wanted a little more than that. Asuka is desperate to be noticed as a human being, not as a doll or as a soldier. She wants a real relationship, with real love.

Shinji does absolutely nothing during their kiss and it hurts her, because he dont give a single fuck about a possible relationship with her, at least during that scene

Almost. She makes her own moves and runs away when he doesn't respond exactly how she expects. She goes back and forth on whether he's oblivious or making fun of her.

Why would they?

2013 Saboten Con.
YM = Yuko Miyamura (Asuka's seiyuu) TG = Tiffany Grant (Asuka's voice actor)

>Q: Does Asuka really like Shinji?
>TG: Are you stupid?
>YM: No.

>Q: What was your reaction when you heard about Rebuild?
>SS and TG: Getting paid.
>YM: A happy ending but it hasn’t happened yet. I wasn’t happy with the EoE ending. Shinji and Kaworu married.

>Q: Who do you feel Shinji should end up with?
>TG: I’d say Mari but I don’t like her.
>YM: Kaworu.

There's actually a really sweet doujin called "Epilogue of Evangelion" that's just these two travelling and (finally) having a good time. No explicit stuff, though.

asking that out of him particularly is just too much thats why I don't see their relationship going anywhere unless he takes the initiative.

>Tiffany Grant

That woman is literally her own waifu

And even she knows Asuka x Shinji is just a crackship and that they don't like each other

Asukashippers BTFO

They look and act nothing like the characters in the show.

You might as well be reading a doujin of characters from another series.

I don't believe that interview but here's a creepy video

youtube.com/watch?v=yzvIn0mdXtY

>Sadmoto manga
That thing is horseshit asides from Kaji and slightly improving Rej

That's because for the ship to work you'd have to literally change their entire characters until they become unrecognizable from their canon selves.

Yes, shippers are really that desperate and retarded.

I don't think there's ever been anything to capture Asuka's character asides from the OG show

Already read some of it. Feels like a gag manga instead of eva. Absolutely no emotinal development, they start it without any hard feelings for what happened before.

Or you can tell the story of they slowly forgiving each other after being both terrible people isntead of making the change instantaneous and unnatural

She's 14 and all her experience is watching soaps, what are you expecting. She straight sees Misato's and Kaji's memories of mutual support and comfort in Tang and says it isn't a relationship.

Not him but Asuka probably does have feelings for Shinji, but it's hard for Shinji to replicate any feelings back due to not experiencing a relationship and not loving himself for a majority of the series

The last scene of EoE is "one more final: I need you" where Asuka embraces Shinji during a small role reveral

So in other words shippers don't give a fuck about their canon dynamic and characters in the show, they just want to imagine a self-gratifying fantasy where they evolve into something completely different that will never be shown onscreen for them. Good to know.

I just don't think any other author rather than THE MASTER can depict such a mutually toxic relationship

There's sexual tension fueled by hormones, but it doesn't go beyond that.
That's why she tells him she doesn't want anything from him if he won't become a puppet/doll for her.
She just wants to use him for validation, that's the farthest away from feelings you can get.
And EoE shows she would have done the same with any other boy, as she's fucking Toji in the AU live action sequence.

That's why her seiyuu and Grant say she has no feelings for him. It makes perfect sense.
It would be unrealistic for a mentally unstable 14 year old to have feelings like the ones you're talking about.

At the end of EoE if they're going to restart anything, they need to start from acquaintanceship, to eventually friendship. But we'll never see that onscreen so it's just speculation.

A shame shippers don't care about that, they just want to see them healed and lovey-dovey like some fluffy Disney fairy tale.
They want escapism, not the message Eva tries to tell.

One is hypersensitive. Another only knows how to hurt.

I think the End of Evangelion destroys both Shinji and Asuka's complexes. They both have the most will to return to the world and leave Instramentality leaving behind many of the problems they had prior.
That's why EoE is a happy end. The people who had no value or any sense of worth are the people gain the resolve to return to the world

Yes, I 100% agree with you.
But I don't see what that has to do with my post.

The series never shown shinji overcoming his psychological problems in the series either. So if i think he might end up happy some day in the future, is it "something completely different that will never be shown onscreen"?
You must be real dense if you cant see that the ending of both tv series and EoE strongly sugest breaking free from the bad habits, beating depression, accepting the others into your lifes and improving as a person

>never shown shinji overcoming his psychological problems in the series either
Yes it did.
Literally the last scene of the show and the whole last sequence of EoE.
You need to rewatch.

No faggot, the manga is pretty good besides the last few chapters. But even those aren't too bad.
I've never heard any legitimate criticisms against it and there are a lot of aspects of it that even do better than the Anime.

I think how the ending states they still need each other is a good sign of this and their feelings for each other go farther than being for their own selfish desires

Both characters are waiting for someone else to make the first move.

guessing they want the unconditional love that they never had.

No. It ends with him saying he wants to fix his shit and asking his mother if he really will be able to do it and be happy. We never seen any confirmation if he actually kept his word and or if he was weak and fallen back into what he was.

Im doing exactly the same as you. Dismissing something that is possible and probable just because we werent spoon fed and shown happening.

He'd rather /ss/ with Misato.

And honestly who wouldn't.

Many characters feel fucking weird and different from the anime.

kek, he rejected Misato so hard

There was this fic where Misato would tease Shinji with her body that ended with them engaging in steamy sex in the end,the sexual tension was written really well and by that I mean gave me a hard on,anyone knows the title?

Asides from EoE it isn't that bad but manga EoE is total trash

1. In the Anime he makes the decision that he wants to try learning to love himself and live in reality
2. In EoE he makes the decision to leave instrumentality and live in reality with all the pain that comes with it

It's completely different. This is a confirmation, because for the first time he's willing to try and take that first step. It was shown onscreen and it was a huge message in the show.
Nothing like you trying to destroy characters and development to push a retarded unrealistic shipping spin.
This ain't no harem show, son. These characters act like real human beings.

Well in EoE he states "I don't know if I'll find happiness but I know where to find it" or something like that

Tsun

Gametheory: Asuka is GENDO??

Because that's life. We're all the same.

Eva's message is about taking that first step, the healing and "being fixed" won't be shown onscreen because that's not the focus. The focus isn't about the aftermath, it's about the choice to start on the path to that aftermath.

The ending is more about hope and bittersweetness, than a full on happy ending.
What happens after the screen goes blank will never be shown, because it doesn't matter and it's not the point of the show. The speculation will only exist in your head and never reflect reality.

What matters is that Shinji made a decision to live over escapism. And that decision is supposed to inspire you to do the same.
But ironically you're choosing escapism in this very conversation and going against what Eva tried to teach you.

Shinji does all the asserting at the end, everyone else asks if he's sure to setup him explaining his reasoning. Yui asks if he's going to be okay so he can say no but he's going anyway.

Nigga now you make me curious.

I need source for this.

bruh

>crackship
A crackship is something like Kaworu and Asuka, it can't be a crackship since there is obvious feelings between the two (Asuka and Shinji).

The fact she gets pissed at the thought of him not taking romantic interest disproves this quote They even made Shikinami entirely based on her relationship with Shinji, any bad blood is removed and she has a huge crush on him now.

>That video

I can't tell if that's cool or incredibly creepy

>implying the opinions of seiyuu matter

at least in that scene she wanted to kiss shinji
because she was bored.

youtube.com/watch?v=x8OweCq2cZc

no, but it's sad because some of them are now dead.
and the dub of the new movies is totally shit.