Old School Anime thread

Lets have a thread, friends.
All discussion of anime from 80s-90s is welcome.

Best fantasy reporting in.

Im seeding this motherfucker on bakabt right now, go download it .

Anyways i just watched the first ep of Gundam Stardust Memory and the animation was jizzworthy, im expecting it to be great.

>dat king vs king fight

When will shows from the 2000s be deemed old-school? It's already 2017 after all.

>on bakabt
>go download it
This isn't funny.

When we get another anime that drastically changes the whole industry like NGE did.

>old school
>80s-90s only
>leaving out the 70s which made the anime industry of today

We could discuss that as well

I just watched the dub for this fukkin masterpiece , and the male protag is the voice actor for Dean Venture from the venture bros . the final scene where he fucks is just glorious

I too remember the still frames attacking each other because their armour was too much of a pain to animate.

1993 but woth

>80s-90s-
>Old school
You just want to talk about shitty plotless HBO tier OVAs, don't you?

RoLW was never well animated.

You mean the golden age of animation where everything was so much better and everything was way more artistic and everything was perfect?

Hey, it had this scene.

And... that's probably about it.

Yes exactly. Truly there was no better time for animation as a whole than in 1980s Japan.

And it will forever be a mystery to me why it was this scene.

Watched the 1st half. It was ok

Maybe they figured they had to have at least one decently animated fight scene in the series.

Maybe they figured the audience needed a treat after the still pan and stock footage war sequence, and the fact that Shooting Star is animated entirely in high-detail stills.

>"Anime Then" is from 2010 and "ANIME RIGHT NOW" is from 2016.

None of them are from 1980s Japan.

I don't really get the hype.

The characters aren't interesting or engaging and they don't really play off of each other so there aren't any decent interactions, the plot is uninteresting, the lack of decent animation beyond the high-detail lineart means that the action isn't any good, and they don't do much adventuring.

Is the enjoyment of experiencing a standard DnD campaign in anime form really that strong? I felt like there wasn't any fun to be had in it.

Why not the fight between the two badass kings? Why not the final fight? Maybe they just didn't knew what to do with the budget, or the only guy that was able to animate good fight scenes had the japanese cold for most of the production.

And I'm not calling anybody out on it, I just didn't really see the appeal of it msyelf.

I ended up finding myself having a more positive experience with the TV series of all things. It felt like that had what the OVA was missing.

>All discussion of anime from 80s-90s is welcome.
Let's discuss how you can't get most of those from anywhere other than bakabt,

>Is the enjoyment of experiencing a standard DnD campaign in anime form really that strong?
Basically this and that it was overall a very straightforward portrayal of a standard fantasy story with tolkienesque fantasy-races, playing all the cliches straight, for the first time for a big audience in japan. While it is more trashy swords and sorcery, it is kinda similar to LoTR in that it's a plan good-vs-evil story with its own charme. Like people clinging to Tolkiens books despite them being not very well written.

>Is the enjoyment of experiencing a standard DnD campaign in anime form really that strong?
That's how I enjoyed RoTLW spinoff actually

I guess it was a rhetorical question, I can understand that.

I just need a little more spice on my meat than what was served to me in Lodoss personally.

We've been over this in the previous bakabt bitching threads. You're still wrong.

Out of curiosity, what ARE the alternatives?

Personally I'm set, but I'm curious to know what options there are outside of other good private trackers like Animebytes. Nyaa is usually pretty reliable too.

>first episode is animated beautifully
>every episode afterward has the budget of a half-empty bag of peanuts
Pumping all of your money into the first episode wounds me. It's always the first sign that the animation for the rest of the show is going to suck. You shouldn't give people a taste then yank it away.

>Stuck at 58% on Zero Tester S1 and Chikyuu wo Mamore raws for like 2 weeks

My bad. Is this one more to your liking?

this thread needs to get more dangerous

Anyone else feel that Getter really goes to shit after G?

>I'm just an ordinary high school student
Fucking isekai.

goldenboy holy fuck great