Post popular series you just can't get into

Oreimo

If you want to start a thread of this kind you should at least explain why you feel you cannot get in that series.

All of them

not the guy but I feel like everything comes and goes too fast and there's no real sense of risks/stakes
like I liked gran torino and was excited about the trainning, but it was lik 2 chapters of him jumping around his house

>and was excited about the training,

I was expecting the dagobah training but got nothing
feels fucking bad man, i'm still reading it but it never had a moment that hooked me like arlong park did with one piece for me

the hook within the first few chapters doesn't really instill to me a sense of urgency, and thus I am not compelled to see the MC go on his journey to becoming a hero

I think one of the things the anime can do is use the "filler" episodes to slow down the pace and explore details that the manga went too fast on, like the tournament arc.
I think the author is scared from his precedent failures and doesn't want to slow down fearing another cancellation, so I'm not gong to judge him too hard on his pace, for now. I hope once the series will be complete we'll be able to say it was all for the better. Unlike Soul Eater, that I loved until the last arc and the abrupt ending, fuck you.

>I was excited for training

Oh? So you're just a dull persona its not the manga's fault at all.

Pic related.
I don't know, I feel it's too ligh hearted, or I smply don't like the characters. I know the plot and arcs thanks to osmosis from friends and being here, but I don't feel to invest time in it. If anyone is able to change my mind I would be happy to finally being able to enjoy such a "great manga" that I feel I'm missing out.

Madoka. It's painfully bad and retarded, it's not even funny.

And I dropped Tokyo Ghoul after the second episode. Terrible.

Berserk
Even though Im caught up I wish I wasnt

what are you implying? that I am in the wrong that I got excited for something the manga was building up and never even happened? what the fuck is your point mate

Could you explain what's "bad and retarded" about it? I liked the series even if Kyubey was right.

like I said earlier, read it until arlong park, if you don't like it, just drop it

I say it's average. But I don't get the popularity it got, it's no better than the seasonal garbage that we usually get.

What's chapter is that? I could give it a try.

The manga wasn't buildinhg up to a training arc with Gran you fucking autist

Oreshura.
They ducked the osananajimi way too hard in the anime.

the author even said he was LITERALLY YODA, fuck stain fuck all that shit, it ruined the arc for me

chapter 69 to 95
I know it is alot but one piece is a big moving world where everything is connected

Oregairu. It just didn't clicked for me, everything feels so bland and shit.

>Wanting training with old man arc instead of based Stain

are you one of those fags that think the Golden Age arc was the best?

Eva. It tried hard to be symbolic and philosopical when in reality it's just self-insert otaku fapbait.

>stain
>not shit

he got literally destroyed by 3 kids, no villain is competent in the series wich makes it really difficult to feel a sense of urgency

He should've strainght up gored Lida's brother and should've cut one of Lida's legs

So its anime then?

Dropped the manga when the school festival/competition/whatever arc started. I just can't help but feel annoyed when they had that huge fight with the final(?) boss then just have some festival afterwards as if nothing happened.

SNK
too much cringy characters

Nonsensical plot with pointless crying and inconsistent world and empty characters. 9 episodes in.

>3 kids

One is from the lineage of great heros and even faster than his pro hero brother
The next is a top tier quirk breed from the number 2# hero
The last is a hand picked successor of the number 1 hero with in depth or battle knowledge and planning

Who all attend the best highschool in Japan for raising heros

then just end the manga already if they're so good already
some of them need to get a good dicking by a villain for me feel a sense of urgency
it can happen in the future but I doubt it

bakemonogatari, i can't find the appeal in flashing texts and meaningless symbolism, also the girls are not appealing and lack real personalities and the mc is a shitty selfinsert.

The muscleman fight in the Sumer camp and All for One vs All Might are literally the best in the series

gorespammer pls
its been eight years

>Nonsenscal plot?
Explain why it's nonsensical
>Pointless crying?
>Well they cry a lot but I think that among a lot of anime protagonists fucking 14 years old girls in life/death situations are the most acceptable crybabies
>Inconsistent world
Explain
>Empty characters
Who? Also it depends on what you means with empty. To evauate you should say what you define as a full character.

it's the artstyle and the premise that just don't get my attention, if i wanted teenage superheros i would watch Young Justice, not this

Code Geass, I mean, even Valvrave was better, why did it got so popular here?

who

Memes

Any fucking moeshit like k-on, idol shows, lucky star
God it's so fucking cringe

Also madoka Magic. It's a chore to watch.

Dragon Maid, it's just looks so okay that I just don't want to bother with it.

It's nothing special

Just very average

>Dragon Maid
>popular
user, just go make another thread with "Series people liked but you don't udnerstand why"

its not a particularly good series, nor is it ultra fanservice trash

it just another series

Not him, but triggered fanboy is triggered.

I never considered that people might still be watching Code Geass. What is the appeal of that show if you're not watching it with Sup Forums?

This. I don't even think it's badly written or anything, I just don't care about anyone.

I dropped One Piece around the time of Ace's death.
It's great. I love it. It kept me going.
But I couldn't stay interested in a manga that had almost a thousand chapters.

the MC and his groupie are pretty annoying

Blond kid is a cutie tho

Attack on Titan.

The characters are okay, the plot is interesting and the concept is solid.

But the pacing is fucking atrocious

Well it IS getting a third season soon

>Nonsensical plot with pointless crying and inconsistent world and empty characters
did we watch the same show?

But why would anyone care if they weren't here for the original? There wouldn't be any hype behind it.

I personally think Code Geass season one is legitimately good stuff.

Season 2 is a train wreck but it's a very entertaining train wreck.

Also it got air time on Adult Swim so it's recognizable in the States. It's like asking why people care for TTGL if they weren't here when it aired.

I was here for Season 2. That was a trip.

Bakugo is annoying.

Every single harem.

I dunno, man. I still don't see why someone would enjoy it without Sup Forums. Valvrave too, for that matter.
Sup Forums makes trainwrecks fun to watch.

>the characters are ok
Kek
What's "ok" with a group of teenagers with mental disorder ?

Fate series
Not a fan of the character designs and the digital effects, looks obnoxious.

My biggest issue as someone who is keeping up with it, but not 100% sold yet is the relative lack of conflict outside of Bakugo vs everyone. Most of the friendships don't feel very real since everyone is just always nice to each other all the time.

They even set up All Might not getting along with Eraserhead, but doesn't seem like there's any issue between them ever outside of the first time we see them interact.

Pic related. For some reason I keep losing interest after episode 2 or 3 or so. There's so many characters but I don't really care about any of them.

Code geas, im not interested in these shit

Oh, I dropped Cowboy Bebop after space monkeys episode.

I don't mind episodic formula, it's just stories told in Cowboy Bebop didn't do it for me.

But that was the best episode.
The series goes full retard by the end

>Some old rich lady tries to be Gorilla Grodd
Thanks, but no thanks.

Then you're both too narrow-minded. Code Geass is still watched pretty regularly across the world and people still get both enjoyment as well as appreciation for it, even in 2017.

Even if S2 does get crazier, especially towards the middle, it still has a good main character and a great ending (which is something Valvrave totally lacks). Rather than a wreck, it's a rollercoaster that might not be to everyone's taste yet still gets a good cross-section of new fans.

Is not shit but its overrated because if its meme status

This. I watched the whole thing and the only fun storyline was the one about the train.

Seriously. If I wanted to watch big guys fight with stupid martial arts powers I'd watch Fist of the North Star.

Stain didn't want to kill them, he didn't even want to fight them

>If I wanted to watch ___ I'd watch ____.
I don't even like Jojo, but that has to be one of the dumbest tryhard hipster responses in the thread.

>Comparing two series with similar aesthetics from generally the same era is out of the question and unreasonable

Kay

K-On. I watched the first season, but will most likely never watch the second. The characters are boring as fuck.

>watching new 52 DC

I'm hoping the anime spices things up. I only read the manga because I'm in too deep to drop it now.

NGE
Death Note
Code Geass

I just can't seem to like them

Solid series tanked by a shit tier main cast
>Gon is literally useless for 100+ episodes and everyone is impressed with him for almost no reason
>Killua goes between nicest guy you'll ever meet and twisted fucking psychopath at the drop of a hat
>Leorio was designed to be a character that watches fights and commentates on them while being shit tier comic relief
>Kurapika is actually unironically the last member of his super special clan that was massacred and now he's out for revenge

Side characters are good, no idea why it's focused on these 4 fucks

new 52 was a relaunch title for the comics between 2011-2016 iirc. I can't give an adjective for that garbage cartoon desu.

>take two series and boil them down to the most crude, shallow, and superficial comparison
>heh, why would I watch this punchy guy if I could watch that punchy guy?

If you have a better thought out opinion on the matter, it doesn't change how dumb the way you phrased it was.

There's nothing wrong in not liking moeshit

Other than you know you will have nothing to watch.

i just cant

>"everything comes and goes too fast"
>the anime is actually paced slow as shit

Except he decided to let Deku and Todoroki live without any long term damages, that's why he lost.

Could I have phrased my argument better? Sure. But I really don't care either way.

I could dive deeper into what makes both series tick and dissect them inch by inch drawing out comparisons in character, designs, and themes. But again I don't care.

Never could get into this either this and Mob.

Don't know if you were here when it aired but the threads on Sup Forums and the constant waifuwars made this show a lot more easier to watch.

don't forget O MY RUBBER NEN

This.

I never said anything along those lines. There are moeshits out there that I like. K-On is not one of them.

I have to agree, Gon seems so fucking bland its insane.

He's the most boring cookie-cutter MC iv ever seen but people eat Togashi's shit up. It's crazy, his only good moment was his bullshit powerup. Let's all be realistic here, at this point in Yusukes story he was 10x stronger than Gon.

steins;gate. I found it boring as fuck.

gon would be a better mc if he had kept the fishing rod
it was way cooler and more creative than "use nen to do strong punch"

Jojo started off as a North Star rip-off though

I just hope that autist is right and Izuku dies

Imagine the shitstorm

talking about the manga here

bebob
space dandy was way better

I think MHA woulda been better if Deku didnt get OfA at the beginning, and instead had to prove himself to All Might to get it, but at the end its revealed All Might was just BSing to get him to try his best.
I just want a Rock Lee protag

Also Todoroki shoulda been a girl.