Thoughts on Himouto! Umaru-chan?

Thoughts on Himouto! Umaru-chan?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=adetEssKxlk
desuarchive.org/_/search/boards/a.aco.an.c.co.d.fit.gif.his.int.k.m.mlp.q.qa.r9k.tg.trash.vr.wsg/image/-akoJ0v_5hiIV0bria7UCg/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Perfection

I expected more from the anime that ended China's one-child policy. The best part of the anime is Umaru's relationship with her brother yet it turns into a generic school girl anime not long after. A shame, really.

A mediocre anime that was completely ruined by its fanbase

awful.
bad.
not good.
lacking in quality.
also a meme, but that's irrelevant in terms of the show's good points (of which it has none).

It's pretty boring. I think it would have been well received if it was just a series of small comedy sketches because the plot of someone whose "lol lazy" when they're at home and perfect when they're not isn't that entertaining.

OAD needs subs in English

sage for shit

Where's the Umaru poop poster when you need him?

What do you mean by "well received"?
Sales-wise it's doing pretty good.

I liked it. a lot of people didn't, but I liked it, and that's all that matters

>Justin Bieber is the most popular artist of all time.
>Mass Effect: Andromeda was a commercial success.
>Transformers is one of the highest grossing movie franchises of all time.

Just because something does well in sales doesn't mean that isn't trash.

Umaru is actually very cute and huggable.

Decent in and of itself but hardly Doga Kobo's best (that would be GJ-bu or Yuru Yuri). Shitposting is fun though.

Are the subs out yet?

The best anime of all time

no

Honestly I could only stand a bit of it as I found umaru cute and titty girl pretty nice but idk man she was too annoying and made me think if I'd want to have an umaru IRL, which is a big no no. Fucking bratty cunt reminds me of my little sister

It needed more Ebina.

I second this opinion.

TSF best girl

Pic related will be the next Umaru.

spoiled brat beaing an ass to his cuck brother.

thats debatable, Ebina=ebin

Gabu did it better

Kino

I want to impregnate Ebina without taking responsibility.

To be completely honest?

It looked cute and funny and after I watched it I would say it really was.

But eventually about halfway through I realized I was more interested in literally any other character than Umaru. She by herself is boring. Despite her defining character trait of acting in a way no one would expect at home, she's far too predicable to the audience. After a few episode we already know she's a shitposting sack of shit that leechs off her brother and she stays that way for the whole series. The show is carried by the supporting cast because unlike Umaru they're actually given some depth. This show would instantly be improved if we started following the brother character, and that's saying something when he's intentionally written to be boring.

I agree.
I only watch it cause of this carpet muncher.

It was consistently entertaining, which is more than can be said for most shows that get popular.

well thats only season 1.
in the manga she eventually realizes how shit she acts towards her brother and tries to calm down a little. the side characters end up getting a lot of development too.

also a new character who becomes competition for umaru

The poorman's normie moepig Watamote.

even though I enjoyed both

Terrible person, but god damn if she isn't adorable.

did they make some new ova or season???

yes

youtube.com/watch?v=adetEssKxlk

OVA

this guy is cringy as fuck

she's cute - nothing more

I'm glad he's dead.

How much longer will I have to suffer without subs?
My sole purpose of life is to see more nugkino

Watch it once, never go back. Her hamster form can be cute. Once.

its fun, but there are better comedies.

What the fuck happened to him? Had such a big audience could've made a career out of it if he wanted to

Subs

More than once actually

I don't think I'd enjoy it a second time. It started getting dull towards the end of the season. All the episodes are essentially the same.

Knows will never get as many views ever again without leeching off Umaru

BUY ME SUBUS!

oh so that's where that lizard meme came from

Also I get the point he's trying to make, but it's a fucking anime. They're all stupid wastes of time.

> It started getting dull towards the end of the season

yeah you actually do have a point there.

I was actually trying to make a point that there are cute pictures of the nug to choose from

>shits on Umaru
>disappears

her physical appearance is cute but her attitude is extremely one-dimensional that by half way through the season it became stale

For aMr. Plinkett wannabe, he has a good point about how fucking insufferable the brother is, and how boring Umaru is on her own. I enjoyed the show overall though.

Mediocre but watchable

Also this

He also makes a good point about how ALL 12 EPISODES ARE IDENTICAL.

Don't forget the horrible music.

This pic sums it up.

Her voice is cute, but after 3 episodes I couldn't do it anymore. I hear all the episodes are the exact same formula so I'm not gonna bother.

*New ova and season 2 in fall
*subs

One of my favorite anime of this decade. Though I admit the show's getting caried entirely by Umaru, but thankfully she's on screen 95% of the time so its fine.

umaru's music is good tho

>a week without subs
So what are all the weebs translating?

>One of my favorite anime of this decade

How/Why

If you're mentally handicapped maybe.

Something that isn't complete shit.

Guess your opinions aren't get translated then

pretty much my exact experience

I think I stopped on episode 5 or something

Because, even though I admit she's not a good person, I really enjoy her character and since this show is basically resolves around Umaru it's become on of my favorites in the last 7 years. SoL being my favorite genre helps too.

>resolves
revolving*

This is a really bad post. I hope you're ashamed.

So you're basically mentally deficient.

All the currently airing anime

Haha epic!

No I mean it. You like it because it revolves around a one note character in which every episode has the exact same formula. You're basically mentally deficient to enjoy something so simplistic.

Also out of all the great anime available in the past decade you consider this mediocre mashup of generic tropes to be your favorite. Further proves my point of how docile you are.

It's translated. Currently being edited, no idea when typesetting and final encode will be done. We're all a bunch of retirees.

>I really enjoy her character

elaborate

I am ashamed of the typo

Can't release a .srt like every other asian media site does?

show is shit

nug is cute

Umaru a cute

Enjoying anime at all is a sign of mental deficiency.

Enjoying objectively bad anime with no redeeming qualities is.

>Also out of all the great anime available in the past decade you consider this mediocre mashup of generic tropes to be your favorite
What makes you think I don't like all that "great anime" and consider them to be my favorite too? Also, if you think there's a lot of truly great anime available in the last 7 years, you're the one who's mentally deficient here. What's your top 10 from this decade?

Fuck off, Umashitter. Go back to whatever board you came from, you're not welcome here.

simple and to the point

/thread

Your taste is just shit, stop trying to justify it.

Everyone working on it would prefer to put out a finished release. Fansubbers work slow these days. Patience, or find someone else who will do it.

Best description really. Not even being sarcastic.

arigatou

My favorite anime girl archetype is brat and she fits the role perfectly, there's nothing really to elaborate. She's not a deep character or something, but the series(at least anime) doesn't try to be serious anyway so it's ok.

I'd wager Miyazaki is a fan

I like watching cute girls doing cute things as much as the next guy, but this way was REALLY bland. I mean every fucking single episode.

>look how perfect outside Umaru is
>look how shitty she treats her brother
>whoa look how different she is at home haha

I don't know how anyone could consider the show as a whole their favorite.

>My favorite anime girl archetype is brat

I don't get it, but okay I guess..

She's worse than a brat. She's a straight up unlikable cunt.

>look how perfect outside Umaru is
>look how shitty she treats her brother
>whoa look how different she is at home haha

She's the most unlikable character.

every
single
episode

>desuarchive.org/_/search/boards/a.aco.an.c.co.d.fit.gif.his.int.k.m.mlp.q.qa.r9k.tg.trash.vr.wsg/image/-akoJ0v_5hiIV0bria7UCg/
>Sup Forums and /qa/ poster
Huh, so this is the guy who's talking about "good anime"

>implying that its all literally the same person

so this is the IQ of your average Umaru fan

thanks MAL

>being this fucking new and dumb
Look up his filename.

see
This guy is pretty much spot on.

>actually suggesting to watch some e-celeb anime "critic" shit
Fuck off cancer.

I find her to be a likable character. checkmate

>people can't save images with the same filename on this entire planet

It's my pic, and I've never been to some of the boards it's been used on.

Anyway you didn't even have a point to prove. You're just butthurt because I perfectly described this shitty anime as what it is.