Google AI thinks black people are gorillas

theverge.com/2018/1/12/16882408/google-racist-gorillas-photo-recognition-algorithm-ai?utm_campaign

Wonder how that conversation went...

>Based Google AI thinks black people are gorillas
>Uhhhh, Su... sundar, what do we do?
>What, can't you train it not to do that?
>Uhh, no sir. It's entirely objective.
>Fuck. Then remove it altogether.

Pic related. What does it mean?

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/technology/2016/sep/08/artificial-intelligence-beauty-contest-doesnt-like-black-people
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This shit is super old.

Humans are monkeys. We look like monkeys. Gorillas and blacks have black skin, and will look similar under certain lighting conditions and at the correct angle.

The same people who cried foul on this posted the comparison of George Bush and a chimp.

>A beauty contest was judged by AI and the robots didn't like dark skin
theguardian.com/technology/2016/sep/08/artificial-intelligence-beauty-contest-doesnt-like-black-people

AI are racist it's a proven fact

This article is an update on those news from almost 3 years ago. Google wasn't able to fix this so they just removed the tag 'gorilla' from Google photos.

Isn't that what they did 3 years ago?

>A spokesperson for Google confirmed to Wired that the image categories “gorilla,” “chimp,” “chimpanzee,” and “monkey” remained blocked on Google Photos after Alciné’s tweet in 2015. “Image labeling technology is still early and unfortunately it’s nowhere near perfect,” said the rep. The categories are still available on other Google services, though, including the Cloud Vision API it sells to other companies and Google Assistant.

Kek!

>so they just removed the tag 'gorilla'
why is everything so funny lately, it's like we're entering some kind of memed spectacle of reality

kek, is the guy in bikes photo stealing it?

Dude you are fucking retarded. White people have completely different facial structure and facial characteristics than blacks. Blacks have the freakish lips, nose, and skull shape that gorillas have.

Humans and blacks came from different ape branches of the same tree. It's only natural that AI think we aren't the same species cause we aren't.

AI is racist

From what I understand they were trying to 'fix' this bug but it always kept thinking black people were gorillas (cause let's be honest, they do look more like gorillas than other peoples). So they just recently decided to remove gorillas as an option altogether. Seems pretty funny to me, considering that they basically gave up on trying to convince their super intelligent algorithm that black people aren't gorillas.

>This nonsense post
And /I'm/ the retarded one.

but he is right
then archeologist find someones skull they can identify the race just from their structure

>Obligatory Tay mention

AI chatbot makes nigger rape jokes even after Microsoft tries to Zuccify it.

That, in no way, contradicts anything I've said

Test

Must be extremely difficult to program AI to ignore similarities between gorillas and Dindus.

I want to adopt google AI

Let's solve the silly little things like general artificial intelligence before we worry about humorous near impossibilities.

You are.