Redpill me about american civil war

Redpill me about american civil war

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=gpJt6bjls4k
youtube.com/watch?v=O_vkmWJW7g0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cornerstone_Speech
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Over a million men died with the end goal being (((federal))) rule which the founders were vehemently against, and to let niggers slowly destroy the country.

Bloodiest war in US history, in more ways than one.

So, the american civil war was about slavery?

It created the techniques that led to the slaughter fields of WWI.

> See the Battle of the Crater
They even innovated blowing up enemy trenches and lines using sappers to mine under the enemy, then blow them to pieces with explosives.

The laziness of the southerners is the reason why there is so many niggers and mutts in the USA

The most important battle of the war was Fredericksburg.

>lazy dixiecucks refused to pick their own cotton
>refused to even use the irish
>got uppity and promptly belown the fuck out
serves them right

North economy gets jealous, and actually starts an illegal war with south. Slavery didn't get abolished until 2 years in.

The federal government cemented its supremacy over states. Arranged the military in such a way to make large, regional secession impossible. Subjugated with south with reconstruction, the dissolution of its culture into something vulgar that we see today.

Not really. The North was as racist as the South was, but since they were more corporate they didn't need the physical labor as much. The North wanted more power for the federal government, which the South was against. The South preferred stronger emphasis on State government instead, and due to being unhappy wanted to leave the Union. The North saw this as against their own interests to allow them to leave, so they fought the war.

Only about 1% of the population of the South at even the height of slavery actually had slaves. Slavery being abolished was a side effect of the war, but was no means why it was fought

>the dissolution of its culture
>south
>culture

In a secondary sense, absolutely. But it was not some noble cause to free the slaves. It was simply a military tactic to break the economic spine of the confederacy. The north didn't give a shit about slavery, it was a blockade, or sanction tactic.

anyone with questions re: reconstruction or specifics on tennessee? my dads got a phd in post civil war south

Redpill yourself.

Read Shelby Foote's three Volumes.

no it was for the profit of the one percent in that area faggot, you know nothing of the average southerner

illegal answer to legal secession.

jewgle "corwin amendment"

After the first Battle of Bull Run, the Confederate forces could have pushed into DC and ended the war after the first major battle. Davis' generals were too incompetent and split on tactics to make it happen, those generals cost the south the best chance they ever got.

Thats a lazy explanation.

It was about many things. Slavery, states rights, difference between economies, differences in ideologies and generally the north and the south were going in two different directions in that period of time. The south was generally falling behind economically and socially.

State's Rights. Slavery was a reason the same way that Bush invaded Iraq following 9/11.

Booth shot Lincoln over Lincoln wanting to deport the niggers.

Southerners chimped out because "muh southern way of life" and "we wuz aristocracy" while ferverently denying that they just wanted to protect their free labor supply that was less efficient than industrialization anyways

>>(((federal)))
>JEWS DID THE CIVIL WAR

You know not every bad thing thats ever happened in history was because of jews, right?

Yup, and I don't care

>Read Shelby Foote's three Volumes.
I love his accent, would love a southern wife that overacts her accent all the time.

nice argument brainlet.

>you know every bad thing that’s happened in history wasn’t because Jews right?

>illegal war
The South attacked a Federal fortress. What the fuck did you expect Twould happen?

>american civil war
you misspelled "war of northern aggression"

Daily reminder that Abraham Lincoln wanted to deport every slaves back to Africa

White people ended slavery...swallow that like your boyfriends ballsack faggot

This. Early battles in the Civil War looked like Napoleonic battles. Later ones look much more like modern warfare, constant engagement, attrition, balloons used for spotting, limited use of breech loading / repeating rifles.

What do you think history was like before the Jewish religion? Do you just assume there was no conflict?

>m.youtube.com/watch?v=gpJt6bjls4k
Rothbard on the war of northern aggression.
Yanks were greedy religious zealots who refused to alot the budget to give the south the ability to gradually end slavery

This battle caused all of that. They learned here how the Brits slaughtered the French so much in the 100 Years War.

Southerners were gud boys, They dindu nuffin!

>Lincoln wanted to impose tariffs to protect northern industry
>Southerners don't make their own shit so would have to buy more expensive manufactured goods
>Lincoln gets elected
>South says fuck this shit

I do hold a little bit of animosity toward the south for importing niggers and not at least castrating them to control their population like the Islamic empires did.

>Yanks were greedy religious zealots who refused to alot the budget to give the south the ability to gradually end slavery

Yankees be holdin' us southern folk down. We just needs mo' money fo' dem programs.

THIS.

Armed conflict which erupted after about 50 years of slow boiling cultural, social, economic, and political differences developed between the North and South. The debate between abolitionists and anti-abolitionists *was* a big part of that schism, but too often the discussion of the Civil War boils the entire thing down to "Confederates were evil people who fought to keep slaves" because most high school teachers want an easy, compact narrative to feed kids in history class instead of having to have a complex discussion on the history of the war.

You had a predominantly urban society in the North and a predominantly agrarian society in the South, and this led to business and political interests on both sides constantly trying to fuck with one another. Tariffs and boycotts and sanctions made the situation worse, and the bureaucrats and politicians on both sides of the Mason-Dixon line walked away from a lot of opportunities where they could have compromised and helped calm things down.

Ultimately the overwhelming majority of people who fought on both sides of the war were just working stiffs - factory workers and sharecroppers and the like. Most Confederate soldiers never owned a slave, they fought because they saw their states and their homes and their culture as being under attack, and because the people running their government told them to. Most Union soldiers weren't abolitionists, they fought because they saw their country tearing itself apart and threatening their livelihoods, and because the people running their government told them to. Like so many tragic wars in the last few centuries, millions of young men were sent off to die in a war that they had little political stake in, and which could have easily been avoided if their leaders had just been willing to come to a compromise. And like so many of these conflicts, the losing side has been endlessly demonized after the fact by the victors.

Realize the founders had slaves, the colonies had slaves, the companies which founded the colonies used indentured servants, and several western states had slaves. Just an armchair historian but it seems the North had moved onward economically and could support abolishing slavery. It was also a SJW war from what I learned in my religion/history classes.

That's some fake history faggot. Bush invaded Afghanistan because of 9/11. Iraq had literally nothing to do with 9/11.

he should have... slavery was a mistake to begin with and everyone knows niggers in america still have it better than many dark nogs in the homeland. if we hadnt brought them to america we would be so damn better off it actually gives me goosebumps

Fucking Kennedys.

The confederacy saw that differently. While the common man was fighting for his state, the leadership that started that war did so expressly because of slavery.

And really, you can't claim states rights when the South had the Fugitive Slave Act to trample on the rights of the North.

Henry David Thoureau, one of the only American philosophers of that time, mentioned that it would be far more painful to be a “slave” in the north than a slave in the south. Take that how you will

> Breaking news, Texas is leaving the confederacy

Idk man I'm from Texas, and Sam Houston himself told the confederates to eat shit, and Austin was a known anti slavery guy, although he owned slaves
But in the Texas declaration of secession we openly said we are only in this cause whites rule. So idk how to feel about it desu

Southern states wanted to keep slaves to the degree they would leave the US. The Northern states were like "fuck that, free markets". The north wasn't too worried about niggers they just didn't want free labor screwing up the markets.

And that's it. Civil War.

quick rundown
>north and south are different like castillians and catalans
>north wants to be protectionist to grow industry, puts tariffs on goods. other countries(UK) tariff back on things like cotton. Bad for the south.
>Slavery was oft debated, Missouri compromise ensured slavery would end in time, slavers didn't like this
>south leaves union. Union troops enter Fort Sumter. S. Carolina says leave it's our property. Union says no. SC gives them a few months. Lincoln commits to resupplying them so Confederates BTFO of them.

Well...yes and no.

Slaves helped add the labor required to utilize all that fertile land in the south but by no means was that the only way to get workers.

Really, the problem was that the rich plantation owners refused to adapt to the changing times.

State's rights are invoked when people don't get their way. The south was inconsistent in its use, it is a political ploy. Similar to muh weed ppl who loved when federal gay marriage was law.

The 88 Irish Brigade put the 88 in 1488.

See
> youtube.com/watch?v=O_vkmWJW7g0

The North had moved on but that doesn't mean the South was incapable of doing so. By the mid 1800s the steam engine was common so any city with a river could create factories that drove industrialization.

Really, it was a couple hundred plantation owners that refused to adopt industrialization that led to the North out performing the South.

The American Civil War was absolutely about slavery, just not how many people believe today. Long story short, the South wanted future states to include slave-holding provisions, the North said no, *because slavery means niggers.* The modern idea that the North was trying to free slaves out of some humanitarian brotherhood is revisionism; the North didn't want slavery to expand because no one (except the owners in the South) wants blacks around.

>be Southerner in 1861
>your family's lived on the same plot of land for over a century
>fought in multiple wars for both the crown and Independence
>you stood your ground
>war starts to get hot and heavy
>(((federal government))) starts handing out citizenship and plots of land to any European who is willing to help suppress the rebellion
>still yet, you stand your ground
>almost 2/3 of the Union army is comprised of 1st or 2nd immigration immigrants
>propaganda blares across the country saying you're not a real American
>you're a REBEL
>you're a TRAITOR

The union can go fuck itself.

Proxy war between Russia and UK/France

Russia supported the North, UK/France the South

>secede from country
>A BLOO BLOO BLOO WHY DIDN'T THE UNION TREAT US LIKE BROTHERS? WE'RE AMERICANS TOO GUYS

He got some of them over. And within a few years they started killing each other and moving back

Do not listen to any of the posters here. It was 100% about slavery.

what is with the spain posting /threads today?

>redpill me on x

you dumb fucks took the bait

That’s what northerners and liberals say. Slavery was part of it, but it was also extreme cultural differences and tarifs and republicans and a bunch of other shit

I wish Lincoln deported every last nigger from the states after it was over. Only that would have made so much white blood worth it.

t. NoVA (no longer Dixieland)

ULTIMATE PILL COMING THROUGH
During his famous debates with Sen. Stephen Douglas, Lincoln explained to the crowd: “I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races … I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of Negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races from living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be a position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race.”

You see that flag? That was the flag that hundreds of thousands were sacrificed in order to help free the slaves.

And stupid niggers today want to protest it, and say how it stands for slavery.

Why are they running at eachother when they have guns

Since 1776 slavery was an issue. As tech progressed, manual labor became needed, so the north started depending more on machinery than actual labor. By the 1850s the US was one of the most industrious nations on Earth. Out performing great Britain in several products and slowly taking the lead as the top trader and producer of the world.
By the 1840s, slavery was becoming a major issue. The north no longer needed it, and disliked having slaves settling there after earning/getting their freedom. So, they started passing laws to make it harder to get slaves or to free slaves (See bill that passed in congress that made it illegal to free your slaves in mass). By the late 1850s, the issue was about to erupt. The south wanted slavery all over the US, while the North wanted to keep slavery legal only in already established slave states. In the 1860 elections. Carolina being butthurt over losing the election, they decided to secede. Then despite being alone and not ready for a war, declared war on the Union by shooting at a federal fort that was mostly demilitarized. The Union tried to end the dispute quickly by offering the south to keep a slavery police without any interference. But the south took that as a weakness and more states joined in the rebellion.
War went on with the south trying to bring Europe in and failing, and finally defeated.

I want to know the truth about the KKK.

Absolutely. See: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cornerstone_Speech

As far as I know, for the leaders of the Confederacy, the war was about maintaining freedom of the Confederacy (which was created in the first place because of an aversion to abolition of slavery); meanwhile, it was about maintaining the union for the leaders of the USA.
They're muskets; reloading them took loads of time. When out of ammo, or when close enough, or when it's opportune, soldiers would charge with the bayonet.

Well abolitionists tended to be nativist who wanted to end slavery and kick the blacks out.

I don't know how, but Obama was probably at fault

A million died, commanded by some of the worst generals in history, so the northern part of the federation could keep the southern states. It was a bloodbath, with some of the most idiotic tactics ever decided. The men were very brave to follow such idiots, and strongly believed in their causes, and much respect is owed to them.
However, the result is that slavery was ended, and while breeding niggers was a bad idea, setting them free was worse. It is said that lincoln wanted them sent to africa, but he died, so no one knows. The other result was that US drastically improved its wealth and power, since while the southern cause was noble, their economic model was backwarded.
Slavery wasnt the main point, it was rather economical and politic. One big country with a strong industry, instead of a pale imitation of european feodalism, with niggers as serfs.
Overall, its not something you can judge easily. It birthed modern america, but also planted the seeds that plague it nowadays.

jews

the south lost and always will and never will win

A worthless PhD.... could have been gained with a library card.

It was not because of the incompetence of Beauregard that the southerners didn’t march on DC. The Bull Run battle exhausted the soldiers and Beauregard decided not to push them too far. Maybe they would have taken the control of DC if he would have decided otherwise, maybe not.
These moment of history always amaze me. Just one tiny decision could have changes the whole course of history

>Not really. The North was as racist as the South was, but since they were more corporate they didn't need the physical labor as much.
Perhaps the most accurate statement I've come across on Sup Forums about the political stances of the people at the time.

Yes. Ending slavery was just PR. To be a wageslave is not really better. However, having to choose between industry and cotton fields, between one proto superpower or 2 rivals neighbors, that was the point. If lincoln really wanted to deport niggers, its one of the most infortunate things of history for the west that he was assassinated.

They were the militant wing of the Democratic party. Useful idiots, not unlike antifa today.

You both are clueless. I'm white and was raised by my great-grandmother in the South. She was born in 1913 and had 11 brothers and sisters. Literally had to quit school in the 6th grade to pick cotton to help support the family. Everyone acts like all the whites in the South were plantation owners and blacks did all the work. You're fucking crazy...

you forgot the Gattling gun, one of the first machine guns

>Be the South
>Too lazy to pick own cotton
>importniggers.exe
>President tells you to get rid of slaves
>Refuse, because then you'd have to pick your own cotton
>Get irrevocably BTFO
>Assassinate the President before he could send the niggers back to Africa
>Now stuck living next to the farm equipment you used to own
Has there ever been a more JUSTed part of America than the South?

This was a war over culture, politics, and rights. After it was over it was the bringing of a lot more problems in America.

The real Civil War redpill:

The first Republican President lead the American army to save the US from racist, slave-owning Democrats in the south who wanted to split our whole nation in two. Lincoln destroyed them and freed the slaves, and the Democrats have been bitter and stewing in their bigotry ever since (see: Democrats forming the KKK, Democrats fighting for segregation, a Democrat assasinating MLK, even college Democrats today pushing for segregated dorms).

Big if true

One side wanted to spread Afro.-plantations all the way to the West Coast, and the other side decided to stop them. Personally, I'm against bringing non-whites into territory that could be pretty much only for whites.

You mean territory thats all spic now? Yeah totally worth it.

>le ebin sarcasm
I see you're not denying that the Cuntfederates actually did want to spread Afro.-plantations into new areas, user...

> (OP)
>>american civil war
>you misspelled "war of northern aggression"
/This

>supporting the spread of afro.-plantations into new areas
What are you even doing on Sup Forums, user.?

Why would I? Its not some controversial alt history theory your spouting. Perhaps you think slavery was bad and that I would recoil at the mere concept of spreading slavery?

Problem was except for the central valley of California none of the western territories taken from Mexico were good for large scale plantation slavery. The climate being too shitty for cash crops. The idea of spreading slavery west proved to be doa.

>it's good to spread afro.-plantations into areas where previously would be no blacks
You're a damned idiot, user.

He did? How did we not know more of this? All we were told that he abolishes slavery.

Those areas are all nonwhite now and will likely not be part of the US in 100 years anyway so its not like the land was saved from the depredations of the lesser races anyway. Whats your point?

Americans beat the dog shit out of southerners to create the modern federal government.

Its a plebbit meme.