Gainax

I just finished my Gainax watch-through using this checklist. I thought maybe someone else may want it.
The Nadia movie and Ninja Slayer were a bit of a slog, but everything else was fucking amazing.

No Kiznaiver or Medarot?

no, pleb

>trigger
>not watching houkago no pleiades

Making this list would have been pointless without including Trigger and Khara releases.

Pleiades is fake Gainax and a car commercial.

>Trigger ONA
>what the fuck how could I miss something like that
>look for it
>its 30 seconds
>I already watched it

Ha

>no He Is My Master
Pleb list

the more I look at this list, the more I am glad Gainax is dead.

apparently it's pleb day here on Sup Forums

good taste, nice chart

>anything past 2007 on that list
>Not the definition of pleb-tier

keep on deluding yourself gainaxfag.

>Ninja Slayer were a bit of a slog

KOROSU

>Gainax checklist
>Trigger and Khara anime
>No Pleiades TV
Nigger please.

Medabots is one of the best shows any Gainax staff has ever been involved with, beats most of that list handily.

Yeah nice "Gainax" list you got there, so many great Gainax titles like Little Witch Academia (because yeah you totally finished the series Mr. John Titor), and I'm glad you left out all those non-Gainax titles like Houkago no Pleiades, really helps make the list more authentic.

Little Witch Academia wasn't an OVA.

Not that I'm defending every single Khara / Gainax title on that list, but Pleiades sure as fuck doesn't belong.

the enchanted parade was, so stop talking out your ass

If OP had wanted to make a list of every single anime released by Gainax, they could have just posted a link to an MAL list. This is clearly meant to be an essentials list that shows progress up through the present period. I would say not including Pleiades, but including some Trigger shows does in fact make the list more authentic.

It wasn't though.

you have to be 18 to browse Sup Forums

No Yucie, Mahoromantic, Ebichu?
Why the bad Trigger shows?
Why non-Rebuild Khara at all?

So you're not watching the best Trigger show?

Why make a chart when you just need to check wikipedia?

1. Those shows are Gainax in name only.
2. All the Trigger entries here range from good to excellent, sorry your taste is garbage.
3. If you have to ask why I included Nihon Animator Mihonichi or Ryuu no Haisha, you need to reexamine how you assess which anime are worth your time.

Because sorting through and watching everything made by Gainax and Trigger would be an enormous waste of time.

Gainax is Gainax
Trigger is Trigger
Studio Khara is Studio Khara
If a Gainax checklist has stuff not from Gainax on it then it is not a Gainax checklist.
OP's list is a "Trigger/Studio Khara with some Gainax" checklist

What's your definition of a Gainax show, then? Because those, especially Mahoromantic and Yucie, are a lot more closely associated with the "classic" Gainax than like, Ninja Slayer or Inferno Cop. Which are bad, like Luluco. I question the Expo because it's hardly associated with the Gainax spirit, and Ryuu no Haisha because it's worthless.

22/35 titles are Gainax, so if anything it's a Gainax watchlist with some Khara and Trigger thrown in for continuity's sake.

Following recommendations from any chart on Sup Forums is also an enourmous waste of time.

Yeah but it includes all of Studio Khara's stuff, and all of Trigger's stuff (except for 2 I guess) while it's missing like 10 actual Gainax titles for "reasons".

>Why non-Rebuild Khara at all?
Non-Rebuild literally the only good stuff Khara has done. New Patlabor is missing from the list though.

Me!Me!Me! is both much better than the rebuilds and much more faithful to Anno's beliefs than that fucking sell out.

The Chocolate Panic Picture Show is Gainax's greatest work.

I wouldn't say greatest, but it's easily their most under-recognized.

>Kill la Kill and Luluco

Why even bother?

Don't worry OP, this thread is full of retards. Your list is basically perfect. I maybe would have included Puchi Puri Yuushi though.

Sure but it's hardly "Gainax"

Anno had nothing to do with Me!Me!Me!

Ryuu no Haisha was directed by Kazuya Tsurumaki, and Hideaki Anno also worked on the project. It fits better than most of the titles on this list.

>Gainax is Gainax
>Trigger is Trigger
>Studio Khara is Studio Khara

This is true. There's nothing wrong with what you've said.
But Gainax alone is not Gainax. Do you get what i'm saying here? I don't have to explain this easy concept, do i?

/thread

If you include works from studios spawned from the General Products/GAiNAXers, why not Mahiro Maeda's GONZO?

Ebichu, please.

I kinda get where you're coming from, but what would he even include? Gankutsou? Doesn't realy seem to fit.

His Expo shorts maybe?

Let's not forget Mahou Shoujo Taisen.

The Gainax checklist:

>Wings of Honneamise
Literally the greatest anime film of all time. A truly beautiful and ambitious film, tastefully done and with a good message.

>Gunbuster
>Nadia
>Evangelion
>FLCL
>Gurren Lagann
All bullshit that panders to waifufags with no standards.

What happened?

fuck off

FLCL and Eva are the literal opposite of pandering, but okay, whatever bro

>Luluco bad
>Ryuu no Haisha worthless
Yes, you should really reevaluate your judgement.

everyone in this thread shitting on Trigger should probably just find a new hobby, anime probably isn't for you