Yakumo-san wa Edzuke ga Shitai Translations

Dumping and translating Korean scans for Chapter 22

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/a/thread/156485909
desuarchive.org/a/thread/156483209
desuarchive.org/a/thread/156428310
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Page 1:
Yakumo: Well, since Yamato-kun has practice today, I need to buy things for his nighttime meal

Yakumo: Ah, it’s been awhile since I bought some bread too

Yakumo: Ah...

Page 2:
Cover

Translation Note: To make things easier to read, I have decided to place spaces between lines when the panels change.

doing gods work user

Page 3:
Yakumo: Yamato-kun!

Yakumo: What a coincidence! Are you done with school for today?
Yamato: Yes.

Yamato: Let me carry those for you.
Yakumo: Oh my, thank you~~

Yakumo: So are you going straight home today?
Yamato: I didn’t hear from my team today...I heard that there’s going to be some heavy rain later
Yakumo: Is that so? Looks like we need to hurry then

Page 4:
Yakumo: So the clerk was saying….

Yamato: Hm?
Yakumo: What’s wrong?

Yamato: Rain…

Yamato: Looks like it started raining already…
Yakumo: Wahhhhh!

Yamato: Looks like it’s quite a storm
Yakumo: Ahh! Ahh! What do I do! What do I do!

Page 5:
Yamato: Yakumo-san

Yamato: Let’s go around that corner and wait for a bit

Yakumo: Wew

Translation Note: She literally says, “Wew” so please don’t meme it

Page 6:
Yakumo: It’s raining really hard today*

Yakumo: Yamato-kun, are you okay? You won’t catch a cold, right?

Yamato: I’ll be fine. I sometimes practice baseball in the rain anyways.

Yakumo: Since we have no clue when it’s going to end, let’s stay here for a bit for it to let up.

Yamato: T-that sounds good...

*Translation Note: She’s saying the Korean version of, “It’s raining cats and dogs”

Page 7:
Yamato: Ah, I just remembered…
Yakumo: Hm?

Yamato: Starting next Monday, I’ll have to travel a bit far to compete for the summer tournament
Yakumo: Ah...
Yamato: So I’ll be coming home late until the end of the tournament
Yakumo: Looks like we’ll have to adjust our meal times then

Yakumo: It looks like that time has come already...

Yakumo: Are you going to be playing the summer tournament at the same place?
Yamato: That’s what it looks like

Page 8:
Yamato: Until then, I just wanted to thank you
Yakumo: Ah~~ It’s okay, it’s okay!

Yakumo: I enjoy doing this for you.

Yakumo: That experience…

Yakumo: Until I met Yamato-kun, I didn’t know anything about it*

*Translation Note: She’s referring to baseball.

Those peaches look pretty naughty.

Page 9:
Yakumo: So how is that going? Do you think you have a chance to make it to Koshien this year?
Yamato: I wonder too…

Yamato: Well, there are over 100 teams in this region alone who want to go to Koshien
Yamato: It seems pretty hard for one school to get that far

Yakumo: Just how many times do you have to win…?
Yamato: Five to seven times should be enough to make it. This is last year's schedule.

Yakumo: So out of this, only one school can go….

>big juicy peaches...

Yamato: We’ve tried our hardest, but we haven’t been able to make it in the past five years.

Forgot to add a line at the end

Page 10:
Yamato: This summer is the last time I can play with the third years.
Yamato: So I want to try to get all the way up there and win with them.

Yamato: Making Koshien is also my goal as well.

Yakumo: Then you have to work hard then!

Page 11:
Yakumo: Achoo!
Yamato: !

Yamato: Are you okay?
Yakumo: Ah, don’t worry. I feel fine.

Yamato: It would be nice if you had a jacket or something to wear
Yakumo: I’m fine, I’m fine…

Yamato: I’ll go buy an umbrella from a nearby convenience store
Yakumo: Eh!

Page 12:
Yakumo: It’s fine, it’s fine! You’ll get wet again!
Yamato: No, don’t worry about me.

Yamato: Well, then I’ll see you in a bit.
Yakumo: Ah!

Yakumo: He left….

Page 13:
Yakumo: He’s very polite.
Yakumo: Yamato-kun is also a man as well.

Yamato (flashback): Making Koshien is also my goal as well.

Yakumo: I suppose that would be the case.
Yakumo: He is a boy who wants to make the professional baseball leagues after all…

Translation Note: The implication here is that Yakumo is seeing Yamato as a man and not just as a boy, though she tries to phrase it in a way where she just thinks he’s acting that way because he wants to make the pro baseball leagues.

Page 14:
Yakumo: It’s just like me.
Yakumo: He has no choice but to try hard and put on a happy face.

Yakumo: …..
Yakumo: And it’s my food which is keeping him going

Yamato:

Yakumo: Y-you’re quick!
Yamato: Because I ran…
Yakumo: T-thank you! I’m so sorry!

Page 15:
Yamato: This was the last umbrella, so I’d like you to take it, Yakumo-san.
Yakumo: What?

Yakumo: But then you’ll just get wet again
Yamato: U-uh, n-no…. I’m fine since I’m wet anyways.

Yakumo: Let’s use the umbrella together

Yamato: Are you okay with that?
Yakumo: Hm?

Page 16:
Yakumo: Or do you not want to share an umbrella with this older women?

Yamato: …….
Yamato: I-I d-dont…..T-that...I don’t have a problem at all

>And it’s my food which is keeping him going

That's a very wifey thought.

Page 17:
Yakumo: My, my, it’ll only be a short time so please endure it for a bit.
Yamato: Y-yes…

Yamato: Well, I’ll carry the groceries then...Please hold the umbrella for me then
Yakumo: Okay!

Yakumo: Then let’s head back!

Page 18:
Yakumo: Ah….

Yakumo: The smell of rain...

Page 19:
Yakumo: Summer is coming soon.

Text: The soft breath of the wind wraps around the two of them

Okay, so that was a relatively short chapter, but I hoped you enjoyed it. In the future, I will prepare the translations beforehand so I can do it quickly as I did today. Not as many people will be able to read it and it may get archived, but I do hope this was more convenient for people since I used to see about 10 minutes waits between my pages before.

As always, thanks for reading.

On a parting note, here is a commission I requested of Yakumo and Yamato with a cute daughter.

And here's another picture

I'm sure someone else translated this the other day I remember that smell of rain line, though it doesn't seem to be in the archive.

Well if someone else translated it, then this was a colossal waste of 4 hours

I think it was only a partial summary thing can't recall details.

I enjoyed reading it this way. Many thanks.

the real question is why it's not in the archive.

Anyways, here's a random page from the artist's Twitter

No problems at all. I do enjoy doing this as a precursor to better scans by the official team who posts on Batoto.

I wouldn't know. This chapter got released a few days ago so unless someone got their hands on a Japanese scan or can read Korean like me, I don't know.

>Used Goods: The Manga

Don't know why you guys read this

Because she's cute

If you don't want to have other people reading ahead of time, do the fucking translations earier then.

I have a job dude

I do this shit in my free time

It's really sad to think they would never get together..... :(

Took you a while to show up. We missed you!

>wew
I'll meme it, because that's what I want

You are the reason why translators quit.

I don't know where you're getting this but when half the art and covers are with them together and it talks about their relationship all the time, the assumption is that they will get together. It's early in the manga, but Yakumo has said on multiple occasions that Yamato is basically exactly like her deceased husband.

On top of that, Yamato's sister and family really do like Yakumo a lot, as does Yakumo's friend who comments that Yakumo looks prettier because she looks like she's in love.

She needs time to get over her grief before she can see Yamato in a romantic light, if she hasn't already. Yamato definitely loves Yakumo, but Yakumo is still in denial about that.

Basically, everyone around them can see they have feelings for each other, except for the two who are actually in love.

>hurr durr i like a woman who has fucked and married another man and will think of him always
>i want to marry a woman who only likes me because i look like her husband

i will never understand this. yamato is a cuck

And I don't understand why transaltors act like salty bitches when someone else translates earlier. It's been out on maru since the 22nd. if he wanted to get his first, should've done it when it came out

>First Yakumo thread in a while
>Cuckposter returns

Wew it's like the last thread was yesterday

Would Yakumo be a good mother to Yamato's cute daughter?

sod off or translate faster than him.

After reading various different comics and watching just as many shows I learned that ''nothing is certain, anything can happen''.

When your success and career are attached to manga sales, the author best well damn be sure to have the two end up together. After all, she hasn't introduced any other competition for Yamato other than the annoying childhood friend.

Yakumo is cute, cuuuuuute!

Is there anyone willing to put KoreaAnon's translations into the pages? I don't know how long the Batoto guys take

She makes food and has experience with homemaking. She'd be perfect. My question is if Yamato could be a good father

He always returns. It's like he doesn't have a life outside of Sup Forums

This is how far volume 3 covers.
Current progress:
Translation at chapter 18, at 1 chapter a day
Typesetting at chapter 16, at 2 chapters per week

Glad to see you guys are doing well on the translations. I just remembered that the volume actually came out fairly recently.

In any case, best of luck to you guys. I'll be doing the Korean scans and I look forward to reading your high quality (and probably better translated since Japanese to Korean to English may lose a few things on the way) translations.

Why are Christmas Cakes in glasses so perfect?

Thanks as always.

I love your enthusiasm user but this is the Japs at work here. They don't know how to write a good ending. This manga will fuck it up in the end, believe me.

Thanks.

The wrost thing is that they already have fucked up this kind of stories before.

Pic very related. What a colossal waste of time.

He's determined, polite, and generally a good kid. Plus with a strong, toned body fomr all that baseball he'd probably be perfect husband material.

Isn't one of the tags for this romcom? Main girl will always win, childhood friend and love rivals will fuck off, there's probably a chapter with a child in the epilogue.

Only thing that's uncertain is all the stuff about her previous husband. We get bits and pieces every now and then, but I just want to see a full comic with how it used to be, to compare and contrast with husband-to-be Yamato.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. The only girls who lose harder than childhood friends are older women. If I were a betting man I'd put all my money on the childhood friend in this manga.

I have no idea what's in the water on their island over there but any time the Japs have potential for a nice happy expected ending, they purposefully throw a shit-forged curveball into the story that has the manga/anime end on a bitter and disappointing note.

I didn't read it, can you explain?

It's been a long time since I read it but it's more or less:
>MC's mother is a manga artist and the woman in the picture her assistant.
>90% of the manga is MC interacting with said woman
> They start caring about each other a lot
>In the end his childhood friend confesses to him and he accepts.

Holy shit, how awful.

Probably because popularity of Christmas Cakes only took off recently.

Plus this mangaka is known for being a comfy one

How would sex with Yakumo be like?

it was literally at the very last pages too.

>My childhood friend confessed to me and im not really sure what to say to something like that
>Are you sure you dont like her?
>Oh, guess I do. lol

That was because the series got axed.

Yakumo-san is very popular in Japan and actually oversold and had to reprint. And in this one, the childhood friend is intentionally painted as an annoying as shit person.

>oversold and had to reprint
Damn thats pretty cool.

Getting axed doesn't excuse you from shitting all over what you were building. At worst the author could have rushed their romance or leave it in an ambiguous way but no, he went for the extra mile to piss his fanbase off.

Tbf there is a noticeable trend of authors who get cut early just shitting all over their piece because they're angry.

Reminder that one day Yamato is going to pound Yakumo's babymaker and fill it up with a child

Maybe in 10 years when this finishes

It's not first thread though.
desuarchive.org/a/thread/156485909
desuarchive.org/a/thread/156483209
desuarchive.org/a/thread/156428310

>wew

I actually don't mind the slower posting it gives me a chance to get home and read this before it gets archived

Great work.

Always a please to do these. I hope you enjoyed them and I'll be back in a month.

user please

It was a full translation. I dumped the Korean raws while another user translated it. The thread went by pretty smooth also.

The themes are the same but this story is way different in its setup, especially the widow angle which always leads to them being able to find love again.

thankyou user I knew I didn't imagine it
yet it wasn't in the archive...
so does this mean there are two anons separately translating the korean raws?

There is an archive of it though. I googled yakumo san wa Sup Forums right now and it pops out with others listed. I was waiting for the usual translator but another one showed up soon after I dumped the whole chapter.

wew lad

cute

I'm not getting the same results, URL?

We shall not die.

Thank you user, cute pic too

She's really short for an adult.

>this thread is still alive
Why? Not like you guys have anything to discuss. This is turning into the slowest general ever