Hated Suzaku a decade ago because he constantly got in Lelouch's way

>hated Suzaku a decade ago because he constantly got in Lelouch's way
>have tremendous respect for him now because he struggles really hard to do the right thing

Has your opinion of Suzaku changed as well?

Childhood is idolizing Lulu
Adulthood is settling with Suzaku

I thought they were both the good guys who just needed to come to terms on how to achieve their shared goals.

Not me. Although I always root for the cunning character in any show and dislike all who oppose him/her. I don't hate Suzaku as I did though.

No I still think he's an insufferable faggot, but my opinion of Charles has he was right all along.

Fuck no. You don't Nazi's with good intentions and leave everyone else to fuck off. Plus they could just kill him easily and make everything worse.

Plus he had a death wish.

>You don't Nazi's with good intentions and leave everyone else to fuck off.
The hell does this mean?

I still hate this cuck, he betrayed his people for the occupation force.

Why hate suzaku when there's Ohgi.
He did everything wrong and got away with it.

Something, something, I'll become a Number Knight and make Japan my domain and keep it safe. Everyone else can fuck off.

He gets shot by britannia forces for questioning their orders

Still fights for them to change Britannia from the inside

Lelouch says he'll die

Suzaku says he doesn't mind

Suzaku Kururugi is the most stupid character to ever exist in an anime.

He could of just actually helped Lelouch from the start instead of joining the enemies that were clearly evil.

I don't hate Suzaku, he's just boring.
His ends don't justify the means attitude is the same as every single shonen protagonist, and his rigid belief in it effectively stops him from ever having to make any moral decisions or have any kind of self-reflection.

Anti-semite detected.

It never did since I always liked his character even back then. Problem is that most of Code Geass core audience were teenagers so the point of his character went over their hands and they thought the story was a ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWAH sort of one until R2 slapped them over the head for thinking that but we still have retards judging from these posts

He jumped ship at the right time and got brown girl pussy in return. He literally did nothing wrong.

The series never questions how Suzaku plans to change Britannia from the inside.

Considering how Suzaku is pretty much ok with dying means that he doesn't even have a plan at all, IT TAKES LELOUCH TO ORDER SUZAKU TO LIVE BECAUSE HE'S A SUICIDAL RETARD.

Suzaku has NO PLAN

He relies on Nunnally.
I think he is trying to be a "knight" for her to change britannia from inside. He never wanted to rule.
Of course he fucks up and lets Schneizel take over.

>until R2 slapped them over the head for thinking that
This.
>Turns out the side you were rooting for just betrayed the MC
>Turns out the MC was wrong the entire time
Okouchi trolled everyone

>The series never questions how Suzaku plans to change Britannia from the inside.
First fucking season and reiterated in episode 5 of R2
>Considering how Suzaku is pretty much ok with dying means that he doesn't even have a plan at all,
His plan has always been a method with the least amount of bloodshed spilled. Dying in battle was pretty much the end goal because its the only way he thought he would restore his honor from killing his father

Jesus fuck! You idiots watched this at 2x speed didn't you?
What the fuck are you talking about?

By the end of the day, people just liked Lelouch they didn't care if he was wrong or anything they just wanted to see him succeed.

Maybe he is the user from the future and has seen R3.

>Has your opinion of Suzaku changed as well?

No. Liked him then, liked him now. The fact that people hated him for hating Lelouch, after all the shit Lelouch pulled, always amazed me.

>Suzaku has NO PLAN
Explained in R1 that his plan was to rise up in ranks in the military which was an excuse for him to die in battle until Euphie changed his mindset. Come R2 his goal is to become KoO to govern Area 11.. Ya know people complain about Suzaku having no plan but Lelouch had no fucking plan either it was literally just take down Britannia in hopes things would get better, its only through Kaguya's intelligence and charisma that the BK became more than just terrorist group and to an army for the world against Britannia.

Nope, still hate him.

>Dying in battle was pretty much the end goal because its the only way he thought he would restore his honor from killing his father

HE SAYS HE TRIES TO CHANGE BRITANNIA FROM THE INSIDE

IF HE DIES NOTHING CHANGES AND JAPANESE WILL STILL BEING TREATED LIKE SHIT. THE MAIN PLAN HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH HONOR, HE TRIES TO SAVE JAPAN BY BEING A SUICIDAL RETARD.

>His plan has always been a method with the least amount of bloodshed spilled

HE SIDES WITH RACIST SHITHEADS THAT ALMOST KILLED HIM FOR QUESTIONING THEIR ORDERS, WHILE BEING CALLED A MONKEY FOR IT

He's a member of an incredibly racist army that makes people kill each other for fun (First episode of R2)

It doesn't make any sense for Suzaku to help Britannia instead of Lelouch

A true loyalist to his county changes it for the better from the inside.

I will never forget that halfway through season 1, one of my friends fucking called Suzuka having to become Zero at the end of the series.

He got kind of boring after Euphy died because he got let in on so many of the secrets that he never really had to make a choice of his own until the World of C. The nuke thing was basically a non-event for his character because it wasn't actually his decision. Then he becomes a fun character again as the Knight of Zero.

I loved Lulu, Suzaku and CC by the end, everyone else turned out to be pathetic with the exception of the three based scientists, Orange-kun, and the maid. Kallen got blown the fuck out by Lelouch and then again by Suzaku when he basically fooled around with her. She better apologize to both of them with full head to the ground groveling in R3.

Nah, I didn't hate hate him, its just that he was boring. He was a naive suicidal tool at first, then he was just a tool. Lelouche in general was more entertaining to watch, but both of them made idiotic missteps.

The real faggot was Ougi, that guy was the worst.

>She better apologize to both of them with full head to the ground groveling in R3.

She'll be bending her head for Lelouch alright, but it won't be to the ground if you catch my drift.

He wouldn't even get hard until she started sobbing from how ineffectual her ministrations would be. He'd literally have to have Suzaku come finish it for him because she'd be incapable.

OK shipper-kun, whatever you say.

Both and Lelouch and Suzaku are terrible people not worthy of respect and both are their own worst enemies.

I mean I really ship Lulu and CC, Kallen is just almost as worst as Nina. Only good for fanservice shots.

>I mean I really ship Lulu and CC

Oh we could tell.

Gentlemen of taste like me ship Lulu with everyone.

That would have been such a better direction for her rather than getting mindwiped and then killed uselessly.

Suzaku is tapping that. It's only fair after Lelouch killed the other sister.

Suzaku is smoking hot and /fa/ as fuck so I always liked him.

>/fa/ as fuck

I wish I looked as cool as him.

>>HE SAYS HE TRIES TO CHANGE BRITANNIA FROM THE INSIDE
Nope, he just wants to be on the side with the least amount of bloodshed. In truth he only cares about making amends for killing his father until Euphie actually makes him want to live.

>HE SIDES WITH RACIST SHITHEADS THAT ALMOST KILLED HIM FOR QUESTIONING THEIR ORDERS
The ones with absolute power that would prevent another incident that transpired when he was a child. Makes sense to to figth for change in a regime than to fight against it and die for nothing

>It doesn't make any sense for Suzaku to help Britannia instead of Lelouch

You mean the guy who has killed thousands of innocents in collateral damage with his only dogma for doing it is because he hates his dad? Yeah that makes complete fucking sense.

see
Why people have such a hard time getting his character to this day I have no clue. Its fairly obvious what his mindset was and why he decided to go with Britannia to begin with, the people saying he should side with a character who went against that view missed the point entirely

nope, he's still a little shit who ruined everything because of moral highhandedness
Fuck him

I liked Suzaku from Day #1, long before Sup Forums jumped on the train after he went insane. He did the best he could for his people in a shitty situation/ Full stop.

I think he is an interesting character that has a good arc, even if it is a fucking roller coaster. But I don't like him personally.

Didn't Charles basically want the human instrumentality project?

>Not wanting to be an Uncle Tom
You people disgust me.

Ohgi was supposed to be Jewish? I thought (((Nina))) was the designated Jewish character?

>WE NEED TO REFORM THE SYSTEM FROM WITHIN REEEEEEE GET OUT ZERO
>does literally nothing to reform the system from within

BUT BRITANNIA WASN'T HIS COUNTRY

BRITANNIA WAS THE COUNTRY THAT KICKED HIS COUNTRY'S SHIT IN AND RECREATED THE AMERICAN COLONIES ON THE SLANT-EYE GOOKS

Hey look here
He would rather fight for the fascist government oppressing his people, against said people who would rather die fighting for change than suffer for hope.

fucking this
He fights and kills the rebels of his own fucking country(people who want nothing more than to give their lives for change, freedom, and for their people and children.), and he crushes that all, because he thinks that will prevent the most deaths, and because of some far fetched smidgen of hope that he could somehow improve the government from the inside.

No, I still think his morals were hamfisted. He was being a idiot on purpose, which made it hard to like him.

>does literally nothing to reform the system from within
>becomes the first Japanese Knight in Britannian history

Whelp

Fuck Ohgi.
Tamaki was more loyal than that Jew fro fag.

>He would rather fight for the fascist government oppressing his people,
Britannian isn't a fascist government since they freely allow Elevens to join their armed forces and rise up in the ranks. Area 11 was the only fucking territory that had problems with Britannia's rule.
>against said people who would rather die fighting for change than suffer for hope.
Said people got into their own situation to begin with and are causing more strife for the people who don't want to be involved

That's what I love about Code Geass. Neither side was good and the only reason why anyone would give a shit about the Japs is because Lelouch was using them...guess what happened when they betrayed him and he became the Emperor? That's what I thought.

>they freely allow Elevens to join their armed forces and rise up in the ranks

And don't forget that Honorary Britannians aren't even counted as Elevens.

The Black Knights are bigger sheep than him

The only people that hated him were Lelouch fags and retards like these , , , who didn't pay attention.

And ironically enough the only people causing trouble for Elevens were in the Ghettos and the JLF who staged a terrorist attack by taking innocent Britannians hostage. Code Geass is literally anti-nationalism the show, if you were for Japan then you're just as stupid as them.

>Britannian isn't a fascist government since they freely allow Elevens to join their armed forces and rise up in the ranks.

1)Suzaku is a honorary britannian
2)Suzaku being shot and almost killed by his superior for questioning orders while being called a "monkey" for it was a clear sign of blatant racism

>1)Suzaku is a honorary britannian
He's a pure blood Japanese who became an honorary britannian by joining the ranks of the Army. What exactly is your point? He didn't automatically become an Honorary Britannian overnight.

>2)Suzaku being shot and almost killed by his superior for questioning orders while being called a "monkey" for it was a clear sign of blatant racism
Wow...there's corrupt and racist military officials in an army? Imagine that. Does that mean all Britannians are racist? Nope as the show clearly demonstrated.

>That's what I love about Code Geass. Neither side was good and the only reason why anyone would give a shit about the Japs is because Lelouch was using them
Anyone with an actual brain can see that nobody cared about the Elevens or their problems they just wanted Lelouch to win because he was the star.

>Does that mean all Britannians are racist?

To be fair to that other user, I think at one point Cornelia does say that discrimination is their official policy.

>2)Suzaku being shot and almost killed by his superior for questioning orders while being called a "monkey" for it was a clear sign of blatant racism

You clearly have never been to the army. Specially if your country is at war, then disobedience means death and humiliation.

people always said lelouch was the pragmatic one and suzaku the idealistic fool but it's literally the other way around
suzaku understood the system he was in and was rapidly working his way up through it to achieve his goals in the most logical way while lelouch was being a fucktard going around ruining everything while spouting his bullshit about how it would help change the world

I've never hated him. I get what he's trying to do, but to change Britannia from within is a process that takes a long time. it's a shame they did away with that in R2 for a much easier to write solution to the problems of the Code Geass world.

Same happened to me. He gets much better in R2
I'm still a lulufag though

Most people were caught in the middle of the bullshit of different factions. The Japanese people were caught in the middle of Britannia and the Japanese government's international politics, which resulted in Japan being invaded and thousands of people dying. They are caught in the middle of the terrorists/nationalists battle with the Britannian occupation, which results in innocents being taking hostage, massacred in reprisals and sweeps, or killed as collateral. The people were desperate for a savior, whoever it would be.

Do people forget that even as Lelouch took up the revolutionary banner, he opposed the nationalists and "old fools"? Do people forget at some point Suzaku was viewed favorably by the Japanese people as someone who promised change in the system?

>betrayed his people
WHY do people keep on forgetting that Britannians would gladly genocide the Japanese to the very last person if they kept on fighting with no surrender?

Suzaku's plan was to use Britannian meritocracy in the military to achieve his goals.
Being Knight of One allows one to become the king of an entire territory.
Also, connections with royalty gained through merits of battle in a war-torn world will help ease the climb.

Change from the inside doesn't mean everything will be flowery as fuck. It just means you change things.

And in the end, Suzaku sided with the Britannian Prince who won a Britannian Civil War and became the Britannian Emperor. Now he controls the current Britannian Empress.

>Does that mean all Britannians are racist? Nope as the show clearly demonstrated.

Japanese civilians are forced to kill each other for the fun of the general public.

I think the way most Britannians look at the Japanese is very clear

In fact the show has nothing to really say about his method or whether or not it would work, it would have been interesting see the ups and down of the SAZ just to see how it would have shaped his character but that gets abandoned and he's all about taking down Lelouch in R2 and his heel face turn isn't about showing how shitty his methods are but an event that was completely out of his control which was a culmination of everything bad that has transpired through the show which is kind of a cheap way out to get him and Lelouch to join forces.

>his rigid belief
>Suzaku
>rigid belief
Did you just watch the first half of season 1 and stopped watching it altogether?

>general public.
It was an aristocrat event that a public outing. Those high class don't represent all Britannians.

The Japanese nationalists could care less. Their former Prime Minister would allow the complete death of the Japanese race before surrender. They don't care about Japanese dying in their attacks either.
The Europeans are equally just as prejudiced.
With the Britannians, you have assholes and you have good guys.
Clovis was the one who installed the Honorary Britannian system even though he hates the Japanese for killing Lelouch (he thought).

I don't think you understand what "general public" means.

>everyone who doesn't agree with my opinion of a character must be retarded
Flawless logic you have there. What if I told you I never got "slapped over the head" by R2?

Watch Akito and see how Japanese immigrants are treated in Europe.

Note that Akito is the most recent Code Geass anime, and if they continue with this trend R3 will truly show the extreme racism 11s suffer

i didn't forget either of those things, and nice post by the way, here's a (you)

>because of some far fetched smidgen of hope that he could somehow improve the government from the inside.
The funny thing is that he did improve the Britannian government from the inside. He uses the Britannians to build his own personal power base, then co-opts first a Britannian princess, then a 2nd in line prince, then another Britannian princess, then a Britannian emperor, then an exiled Britannian prince who becomes a Britannian emperor.
People keep on thinking as if the Britannian Empire was a shitty republic. All it takes to change things in a centralized government is by influencing the people in power.
That's it.
I mean, the Enlightenment happened for a reason.

>11 treatment in Europe
>blame it on mainland Britannians

You do realize that Akito is a prequel that teakes place before R2 right? You do realize that the EU treated 11s far differently than Brits right? For one thing at least in Britannia you could become an honary britannia whereas in EU you were only sent to die in battle.

My opinion of him did change along the lines of . Still I wouldn't call it tremendous respect. I still think he was naive. A single soldier can only do so much. And his whole plan to protect the japanese relied reaching the position of knight of one. Way too convenient. This doesn't happen irl. Collabos just keep collaborating.

>everyone who doesn't agree with my opinion of a character must be retarded
Yes?
> What if I told you I never got "slapped over the head" by R2?
Then you were on Arthur's side because whether you were with Lelouch or Suzaku you got slapped over the head.

Was there any reason for there to be so many britannians in area eleven? Japan had only been defeated recently and they had an enormous foreign civilian population awfully quickly.

The britannians were diluting and destroying Japanese culture and the Japanese people, and they were doing it with what seemed to be a practiced hand. For anyone who truly cared about their heritage and nation papa Kururugi was the last hope, and Lelouch's violence was the only way. The only issue was that Lelouch didn't give a shit about Japan or its people.

>Way too convenient. This doesn't happen irl.
Well, IRL, no one gets convenient super eye powers that can mind control everyone with a deus ex machina pizza eating sexy woman that can do shit for you that you can't do.

Suzaku's path was more realistic, especially since the Brits had an actual path to glory, unlike other conquerors during their primes in human history.

Normally, when you fight those people, you die without results. Normally, you also have to wait for 2 to 3 generations if not a hundred years for things to change.

No, not really.

Let's remember that Lelouch hated and didn't even try to reason with his siblings except when he was trying to be autistic with best character Euphy. Literally none of the siblings had issues with him and it makes Lelouch look stupid when the show could've been made easy if he didn't kill his Britani Identity.

I don't see anything wrong with that.
>For one thing at least in Britannia you could become an honary britannia whereas in EU you were only sent to die in battle
Yeah, because Suzaku was totally never used as expendable bait over the course of the series. And honorary britannians totally had the same rights and never had to deal with discrimination.

>Was there any reason for there to be so many britannians in area eleven?
Area 11 was the most problematic of the Areas also Sakuradite which was needed for KMF development. Clovis also used the grounds to search for Lelouch and Nunnally.

He's a fucking idiot. If he joined Lelouch from the start, three times the lives wouldn't have been lost. The only reason it took so long for Lelouch to take the throne was because he was in the way.

Look at Reinhard and Siegfried.

Yes, yes really
'>Yeah, because Suzaku was totally never used as expendable bait over the course of the series.
The only case was because Zero was in his mits and he chose to do so of his free will
>And honorary britannians totally had the same rights
More rights than the Japs in the EU

>still no Lelouch of Britannia show

One fucking job Sunrise.

>Area 11 was the most problematic of the Areas
So they moved a shit ton of civilians into it? I wasn't talking about occupational forces.

>expendable bait
>was checked for combat quality by an experimental KF unit
>gets most advanced KF unit in Britannian army
>gets the chance to prove his mettle and quickly climbs the ranks

Children, the lot of you.
As people once said of Cao Cao, " "A capable minister in times of peace; a crafty hero in a troubled land." Greatness is almost always a combination of luck and opportunity as it is their own talents.

The good thing with Suzaku is that the world is at war and he is a great soldier while Britannia's greatest soldier is a king of his own land.

Colonial military and governments require support employees. Support employees have families. Families are civilians.

>Honary Britannian
>Free to go past restricted zones
>Given more freedom than average Eleven
>Have the option to go up in the ranks for better social status

>EU Jap
>No actually rights
>You are a kamikaze pilot sent to die if you manage to live you're not given anything just be sure you live for the next battle which you probably won't

>cornelia sends him for a suicide mission in a corridor occupied by fragmentation canon who shot down 2 knightmares during the hotel hostage situation to create a diversion
>Schneizel orders him to suicide together with Zero on Kaminejima
Moreover, you say it's of his own free wil but if you'll remember the guy was suicidal. That doesn't make it okay.

>guy's free will is not okay even if it actually is of his own free will
You forgot he was using the most advanced KF in the world at the time.