This is Ginko, say something nice about him

This is Ginko, say something nice about him

He's one handsome motherfucker.

Is Mushishi good?
I-I really like your face!

You've got some nice clothes, where did you get them?

EY YO, Why don't you make yourself a new eye like you did it season 1?

It's OK man, you win some, you lose some.

if you like to watch mary sues go around fixing almost everyone's problems

>almost
That kind of immediately disqualifies him from being a Mary Sue. He's just knowledgeable enough to keep the plot moving forward. He's hardly even a main character, he's just the only recurring character and he's used as a plot device. The main characters are almost always the people affected by a mushi in each episode.

the problems he can't fix aren't even his fault. the funny part is that when things go awry it's from reasons he warned people about, but they didn't heed his warning.
ginko can do no wrong. everyone loves him, respects him, he has super special powers to fight the supernatural. he's good by comparison to other mushishi and an all around nice guy. he completely fits the bill of someone's daydream self insert. the show obsesses over him to the point where the show basically becomes what nice thing ginko does next.

>mary sues

Can someone actually be this retarded? holy shit.

Considering one of the very first things he does in the series is make a new eye for someone, I think it's implied he could just as easily do it for himself, but just doesn't want to.

He looks like a distant relative of Reiko and Takashi Natsume.

NONE of the problems are his fault. Problems he doesn't fix are because he wasn't a good enough therapist to get the person to do what they needed to do, which is part of the job of a mushi-shi.

>Ginko can do no wrong
He broke an egg and destroyed a mountain's ecosystem.
>Everyone loves him
People used him for money all the time then threw him out because they hated him.
>Respects him
Tons of people don't respect him, hence why they don't listen to his warnings.
>He has super special powers to fight the supernatural
Almost every Mushi-shi has these tools at their disposal, it's part of their trade. His only "supernatural power" is actually a curse that prevents him from staying in one place too long.

You may have not even watched the show, is what I'm gathering here.

you're an idiot if it's not obvious I've watched it. it's been a few years though so I can't remember all my gripes.
but when I thought on character flaws for him I can thought of none. I can think of character flaws for most other anime main characters, and many of those don't even take themselves seriously. it's inherently poor writing, especially reliance on him as a recurring character. but I can't fault people for enjoying constantly up-playing a character as opposed to giving a character depth.
the show was poor, but mostly because its seriousness causes false expectations. average otherwise.

nigga you might have stared at the screen while it was on but you sure weren't paying attention.

Agreed. Long coat is such a refined vestment.

How is it compared to Natsume series though. I like Natsume, the show and him are really pure and I like it.

Well one of the episodes had him fuck up and a child died (or whatever you want to call it) directly due to him being wrong.

He also gets trapped many times. I remember him being stabbed by some crazy bitch too.

Yeah you had the wrong expectations coming into the show, and you don't know what a Mary Sue is. Ginko does exactly what is established that his character can do, and that's it.
He was never meant to be a in-depth character, he is more of a device to get the audience to know more about mushi and how it affects common people. The author never intended to do a study on how a mushishi would develop as a person, he simply wanted to show mushi doing mushi shit. She probably thought "hmm I want to show all of these magical creatures, if I established a world where they exist, who would encounter them more often? probably a doctor that especializes in them". And then Ginko comes in.

That's how I see it atleast. I would like more episodes focused on Ginko and his relationships, but at the end of the day he is forced to be a loner due to his conditions.

>being stabbed by some crazy bitch too
Ok I'm in. PTW'd. Which episode?

It's episode 21 of the first season.

It's the superior iyashikei, Natsume is something that you pick up after watching Mushishi because you crave for more of that soothing experience.

Thanks, user!
May goodness be blessed upon you.

>VLC

This. I actually love Natsume, it's a great series. But for this specific genera Mushishi is by far better. The only difference is that Mushi is kind of a slow burn when it comes to characters development for Ginko. You slowly learn more, but it's bits and pieces throughout the series, it's more about the different mushi and the people he encounters.

nice hair ginko

Oh Jesus Christ what the fuck. The show isn't even about Ginko as a character so that immediately throws any notion about him being a Mary Sue out the fucking window. He doesn't demand attention and not everyone likes him right away, and those who do like him never really suck his dick, they're just thankful. The show is about ordinary people coping with shit that's out of their control. I don't understand what level of pleb you have to be on to not understand that.

he fixes a thing and then entire village is dead
10/10 mary sue would hire for help

he does good but still likes to watch the world burn
this is pretty funny

Is there any show more soothing than Natsume or Mushishi?