Pre-2000's anime thread

Thread for older anime or manga. What are you currently watching?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QERKbyP2T60
youtube.com/watch?v=Wj8SHIIByIw
youtu.be/mRzqjOyeSNc
youtu.be/JYs-8RghRXI
youtube.com/watch?v=JK2doBwNhDM
youtube.com/watch?v=LqQKpey1ya0
youtube.com/watch?v=DkKtduQSQ9M
youtube.com/watch?v=OYLvNwuWFHY
youtube.com/watch?v=GNGtaznjLgU
youtube.com/watch?v=JF73NJ9BvJE
youtube.com/watch?v=uN7q-Ytc1B4
youtube.com/watch?v=faBMD1u4AGE
youtube.com/watch?v=wYFU41IKM1M
youtube.com/watch?v=9iwVuEpK0As
youtube.com/watch?v=8MJOtPVH3LI
youtube.com/watch?v=rvjyefRLawE
youtu.be/D_cGHNoKSKc
youtu.be/hnbsolj8LSQ
youtu.be/K9p219zLknY
youtube.com/watch?v=RjJGLpK5Jn4
nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=778609
youtube.com/watch?v=q3whppisgZY&ab_channel=ANIMEONVINYL
youtube.com/watch?v=-Fr8VeYi8EQ&list=PLZmpuGNOaPKh8wJ8mzoHUi30mIGMMUiew&index=11&ab_channel=somnium
youtube.com/watch?v=w952ocP4g38
youtube.com/watch?v=tYM51hbZ_dQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>have a list of shows to download that I was told were good
>look up one of them from the list to see what it's about
>read the wikipedia synopsis
>synopsis spoils the entire series even though it's only a few lines long

Godzirraaaaaaaaaah!

What's the best public tracker for old anime now that bakabt is private? With my internet I don't have a hope in hell of maintaining a ratio.

Finishing up You're Under Arrest! Full Throttle, at episode 14

They aren't as charming as the OVA and first season, but the second and third seasons are honestly funny and and fresh enough that they are worth a watch

I'm also going to watch everything Shirow was ever involved in, I've never read or watched anything related to him so it should be a ride. Is Dominion a good place to start?

You don't need fast internet speeds to maintain a good ratio on AB.

Ghidorraaaaaaaaaah!

How does one maintain a ratio on bakabt anyway? My ratio went bad after downloading a bunch of "free leech" stuff, which wouldn't even seed after finishing.

>caring about spoilers

Does this take anyone back?

youtube.com/watch?v=QERKbyP2T60

youtube.com/watch?v=Wj8SHIIByIw

why is natsumi best girl

Initial D: Second Stage. First Stage was amazing, especially with the excellent selection of Eurobeat tracks.

been slow with it since wanna make this great show last longer but going to pick up the pace with it a bit

rose of the versaille's just too good

Fuck off Lum

I'm talking uploads of 2 mbit at best, if no one else is using the internet in the house.

You don't need to upload anything, it just has to be there seeding to count.

What. I have a text file where if I think a show might be good I add it to the list to maybe download later. It got way too big so i went through today to cull the garbage and I was reading some summaries to find out what the hell I added them in the first place. So many summaries about mystery shows are like "a mysterious thing X happens, which turns out to be because of Y as revealed in the final episode". Fucking stupid. I expect a summary to have to spoilers not the synopsis.

If you're reading on wikipedia for the synopsis you've got to be prepared for that. The people that write those articles almost never get the balance right. Some spoil the entire plot in the character description because they get too carried away talking about the show and it's not popular enough to have someone with common sense see the article and trim the fat.

So as long as I keep seeding it I can download several really large series no problems?

Yes.
And if you download 1080p or ISOs, it won't even count against your ratio. You just have to keep seeding after you're done.

Here have some more.

yeah I emant synopsis that i was reading adn you are right about character descriptions

>character is a person in the universe who is just an average person. it turns out they aren't and they do this and this and die in the last episode

I would totally do that, but I have no way of getting an invite. Unless just begging in the IRC is the way to go.

What show? Is it actually a spoiler, or is it just a set up?
Like you wouldn't consider finding out that Haruhi is a God or whatever to be a spoiler if the synopsis mentions it.

I like that on wikipedia, I can read the character descriptions if I want an indepth summary of developments in series, or I can read the synopsis and get a synopsis.

I can't even remember in particular I had a list of about 300 shows I went through and it happened 10 or so times.

The only problem is a lot of shows aren't really popular enough to get a full synopsis, summary and character description. Often you just see a large paragraph that tries to do it all.

2mbit/s up is easily good enough. I don't know what this other guy is saying though. Some private trackers do, for example, lower your required ratio if you're seeding a lot of the torrents you've snatched, but I've been using BBT for some time and I'm not aware of anything of the sort. So far as I know, you /do/ actually have to upload and maintain ratio, not just seed. Luckily the 1080p freeleech and the availability of files on other sites makes this pretty easy.

Still my favourite manga and the adaptation was great, would've been nice if it was a complete series but that doesn't matter.

Rally is my waifu.

I need to finish Full Throttle still, I kind of lost my drive for it. I flew through the first two seasons and the OVA's though.

I feel nothing but pity for the White Hawk of Bokuro.

I was talking about AB. There it's okay just to seed. I rake in tons of yen even though my upload speeds are shit.

On episode 58 of lotgh

I love it.

Metal Armor Dragonar

Just go up to the part where Jarrod has been launched into space and met up with this random girl. Can't say I'm a fan of this pretty sudden shift.

The first Dominion OVA is one of my favorites, it's extremely fun and the OP is incredible. youtu.be/mRzqjOyeSNc The Black Magic OVA would be a great place to start as well. Both improve on their source material.

I recently watched the Dirty Pair movie. I miss high budget Sci-Fi anime films allot. It's a shame how little care is given to the genre in modern anime.

I was not expecting this at all.

She stronk and has good taste
Things get better for him in Full Throttle, but yeah, Honda nearly became the protagonist of many NTR doujins

Thanks! Ill watch those two first.

How's Dirty Pair Flash, etc.? Not sure I'm a fan of the re-designs after coming off the original series.

Watching Cat's Eye, a few episodes in. I'm not sure how many more "person suspects that the women working at the Cat's Eye cafe are Cat's Eye, but is fooled at the last second" deals I can take.

next up on the ol 90's backlog

Dominion's a blast. Both the original OVA and its sequel. You might as well read Dominion too.

Yu Yu Hakusho for me right now. The only old animes ive watched into completion are Berserk and Neon Genesis Evangekion, along with some Ghibli Films. However, I am a big Hunter x Hunter fan, and so I got interested in Togashi's earlier work.

This. Someone for the love of god inform me on how to get an invite. I missed my chance and regret it immensely.

Either have someone give it to you or wait for registrations to open up again. And don't beg on their IRC channel because that's probably the best way to ensure you DON'T get an invite.

I wish I had a friend to invite me to bakabt

This thread needs some Dream Hunter Rem.
The show is such a labor of love, back from a time when you could get just about anything funded, no matter how crazy it was.

youtu.be/JYs-8RghRXI

I want to ride with Priss.

Rewatching.

Forgot how nice this was

>Either have someone give it to you
You have to have friends to get into AB? Someone here posted that invites won't open until late 2018, at earliest. Christ

Why are old school girls so sad? Case 1.

Case 2.

Watching Ranma1/2. Pretty fun show. I plan to go through all of Takahashi Rumiko's works. I like to see what her shit was like before the cash cow known as Inuyasha came along.

I miss good anime gore like this. The first Devilman OVA is full of it.

Ranma 1/2 is fun for a while buts it starts to really go nowhere at some point

>I like to see what her shit was like before the cash cow known as Inuyasha came along.
It was the exact same.

Ranma was fun until LE WACKY HAPPOSAI showed up
if you can try to avoid any episodes with him in it you're golden

Watching this. This will be my last venture into UC.

>that kiss at the end

I will finish Gundam ZZ even if it kills me.

Do old accounts work, or do I have to find a way to create a new one?

It's nice that these threads have become more common, but let's talk about soundtracks.
Which one do you like the most?

Bubblegum Crisis, Dallos (everything is bad, but the ost is nice), Votoms.

Space Warrior Baldios.

youtube.com/watch?v=JK2doBwNhDM

youtube.com/watch?v=LqQKpey1ya0

youtube.com/watch?v=DkKtduQSQ9M

youtube.com/watch?v=OYLvNwuWFHY

youtube.com/watch?v=GNGtaznjLgU

youtube.com/watch?v=JF73NJ9BvJE

City Hunter (especially the first season)

youtube.com/watch?v=uN7q-Ytc1B4
youtube.com/watch?v=faBMD1u4AGE

Area 88 OVA had some great 80s songs as well

youtube.com/watch?v=wYFU41IKM1M

Cyber City Oedo 808's original dub's soundtrack by Rory McFarlane elevates the show to a whole new level.

R/Evolution was such a fucking let down.

Scientists have determined that spoilers actually increase your enjoyment of a piece of fiction so you are wrong regardless of what was spoiled.

I thought Evolution-R was somewhat more enjoyable than Revolution, at least. I liked the manga versions better.

I really did not care for Pokota in any form though.

I never hated a character this much in my life . jesus what a cunt

>that face
I didn't know they had developed such high levels of smug back then.
really makes you think

Rune Soldier Louie. I feel like it would have worked better as a sex comedy. But that's being used to those kind of fantasy comedy cliches after 15 years, maybe it didn't seem so trite back in the day when there were only a few shows like it.

Kind of a waste of a brown muscle chick and a Kikuko Inoue nun.

Maison Ikkoku has an amazing soundtrack.

youtube.com/watch?v=9iwVuEpK0As

youtube.com/watch?v=8MJOtPVH3LI

youtube.com/watch?v=rvjyefRLawE

The second half of ZZ is quite good actually, it is worth it.

That is a tough one - I'm going to go with Ideon though.

youtu.be/D_cGHNoKSKc
youtu.be/hnbsolj8LSQ
youtu.be/K9p219zLknY

youtube.com/watch?v=RjJGLpK5Jn4

This series needs to be subbed badly

>Urusei Yatsura.

anybody know where I can find all the .ass subs for this show?

I'm planning to buy all the UY bluray boxes from Japan, rip them and playback on my pc so I can load the .ass subs.

I just started watching Giant Gorg.

nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=778609

I saw The Wings of Honneamise last night. I loved it.

I really think that Anno drew a lot of inspiration for Eva from that film, especially considering how thematically similar they are.

Is the anime subbed somewhere or did you watch it raw? It's something I've been meaning to watch for a while, but subs seem to be pretty much nonexistent.

>mfw vinym Gundam soundtrack
youtube.com/watch?v=q3whppisgZY&ab_channel=ANIMEONVINYL

But it's a tough choice, there are Gunsmith Cats, Utena, EUC Gundam, Urusei Yatsura.

It might be a word choice, but I wanna go with Char's Counterattack, because a lot of songs remind me of what you might hear in 80's action movies.

youtube.com/watch?v=-Fr8VeYi8EQ&list=PLZmpuGNOaPKh8wJ8mzoHUi30mIGMMUiew&index=11&ab_channel=somnium

It's real VOTOMS hours who TF up?

anyone else still read fanfic of their favourite series? I'm thinking of writing some myself

And that dragon fight in episode 4!

Votoms is guood but the OVAs sequels still insisting on same bullshit of last arc.

Where can I download old anime in decent quality now that Bakabt is full private? My upload rate is really low so I can't keep a good ratio.

As far as manga goes I picked up Mad Bull 34 since HnG was scanlating it and it seems like it would be cool. I like it because it's quite a unique setting (can't think of many manga about Police in general, especially US Police) but Koike's writing for it is not nearly as good as some of his other stuff.

Also continuing to read/wait for scanlations of several delinquent manga from 70s/80s to be done.

Watching GTO. What the fuck is her problem?

Just started the irresponsible captain Tylor
I'm at episode four
Pretty funny so far

Currently watching Akage no Anne and plan to watch Heidi later. Has anyone seen any of the other WMT stuff and is any of it good?

Tylor's got a real charm about it. Felt real satisfying to watch.

It's the funniest thing I've watched in a while
Kim a qt

youtube.com/watch?v=w952ocP4g38

youtube.com/watch?v=tYM51hbZ_dQ

For some reason I bought the series at one of those second hand media stores at a good price but never watched it. I guess I'll get on it.
Did this ever get a HD remaster?

How is it? Like a nice adventure show? Someone recommended it to me when I told them I liked Future Boy Conan.