Was he /our guy/?

Was he /our guy/?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greco-Buddhism
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes

Some user once posted a thread about how stoicism was started by some Jewish dude going into Italy/Greece, whatever.

Meditations is /ourbook/

Zeno of Citium founded Stoicism mate.

No thanks, failed empire that poisoned itself with led pipes & allowing snow niggers in

Faggot

You faggots are not strong enough for stoicism. Stay with Epicureanism.

T. butthurt christ cuck

There's only one Roman Empire that mattered

Vespasian is definitely/ouremporer/

whats the history behind the double headed eagle and what does the imitation of it with one head looking left or right represent?

You're thinking of Titus.

Yeah, the one before cuckstianity.

Symbols made better that were taken from some shit pagan empire that collapsed

You're either a pagan, atheist (lol what a joke) or a Muslim

If you're pagan then you should go back to living in a little forest like varg, maybe stab your best friend 28 times in his sleep & burn down some historic churches. The world would be better off without you.

If you're an atheist, do I even need to waste my time? Good luck in hell.

Muslim? L o l

Your religion was invented by Jews.
I knew you were a christ cuck.
I'm neither an atheist or pagan.

>work salvation

Stoicism was influenced by Eastern philosophy, particularly Buddhism. See Greco-Buddhism for reference:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greco-Buddhism
Also compare the Stoic works with those of Miyamoto Musashi, particularly ''Dokkodo''.

So you're a muslim then. Go back home paki

Jesus is the son of the father & went against the Jewish satanic synagogue which is why they had him murdered by puppet pagans

I'm not a Muslim either, didn't think I'd have to deny such a retarded accusation. I should have considered the fact you're an american, and therefore functionally retarded. I'm sure your brainlet brain can't compute anyone not being a theist or atheist.

Zenon was probably Phoenician which is what user is referring to by "Jewish".

>anyone not being a theist or atheist.
Everyone is either a theist or atheist you absolute retard

I'd say the Flavian dynasty in general is Sup Forums approved.
>Vespasian fucks up the Jews, removes the fatass, degenerate Vitellius from power, and restores order to the empire, and insists on dying on his feet.
>Titus fucks up the Jews even more, stops bullshit trials, rules well but dies early into his reign.
>Domitian styled himself as God Emporer, tried to be a paragon of leadership morality, cut corruption, was hated by established politicians, and paved the way for a new golden era despite being labeled as a despot.

>what is deism, pantheism, panentheism, agnosticism, etc.
Yeah, you're clueless.

>missing the point this much and still being smug about it

never read him but always thought this way

>deism, pantheism, panentheism
Those are theist.

>agnosticism
That is a modifier of belief, not a belief in itself. You can be an agnostic atheist or an agnostic theist.

>Those are theist.
Lol, no. You really are fucking clueless. At least read a wiki article you brainlet.

There is a God and he's offering salvation by grace trough faith, because you are an imbecile and you can't meet his standards. Fully trust in the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved.

Absolutely

>Including Byzantines, empire lasted for 2000 years
>Resisted ‘diversity efforts’ by barbarians and Muslims for the bulk of its existence
>Built theaters, walls and aqueducts that stand to this day

user you’re an idiot.

The Byzantine empire was not pagan lmao

Maybe stop being a moron and read the republic or how the spartans lived

I'm fairly certain the direction the eagle faces has some sort of symbolism

Left time of peace earned by war. Right time of war.

dude looks like bob ross lmao

SUPREME ROMAN WHITE GENTLEMAN

Should I get a copy of meditations, bros?

There were leds back then ?

He never said this. I'm tired of seeing this image posted.

He means Lead.

>Was he /our guy/?
yeah sure why not

Yes, but read it slowly. I suggest one "book" a day (there are 10/11, each about 10 pages long).
That will give you time to reflect since it is very dense it parts, but full of wisdom.
Enjoy.

Buy the Everyman's Library Edition.
It's a nice keepsake.

Thanks bros

He is objectively the worst stoicist

His popularity is based on the fact that his meditations can be read and understood by any retard who picks it up delivering mostly discount worldly wisdom.

That is good shit!

Looking to the past to learn and working for a better future

Good job Marcus Aurelius. Put his quote on the refrigertaro.

how the fuck did this wonderful guy produce commodius as a son?

>that ID

what does it mean?

"LEET" is a shorthand for Elite.

Marky Mark is great and all but the position of /ourguy/ is taken

Americans will always be butthurt that they have to waste time in church to defend their culture. They know it's dumb but they feel compelled.

>a businessman can't force you to buy his product
>insurance
>food
>housing
>fuel
Lmao she was a dumb cunt. You can be compelled to buy lots of shit for lots of reasons. Luxury goods are just about the only thing you can claim a person is not compelled to buy.

who dat?

leave this place

Diogenes, he shaved a chicken.

Don't mind him britbong, he is obviously new here and doesn't know the act of lurking until you're ready. Fuck me the way he throws accusations out of no where cringes me to death. Probably a leddit nigger.

"Diogenes made a virtue of poverty. He begged for a living and often slept in a large ceramic jar in the marketplace"

This guy cannot be based living in a fucking spare sewer pipe. Chicken shaving or not.

>Fully trust in the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved.
Fuck you, Rabbi worshiper. Your bastardized Zorastrianism was always cancer.

>Behold! The politically correct man!

Marcus Aurelius fucked up being a dad big time, his son and successor was one of the major ruiners of Rome.

It was the first philosophy book I read a long time ago. Got it by chance. Changed my life and got me into reading the great works of humanity.
Aurelius was a god, can't say the same for the rest of his family though....

>Here's a sneer because you can't refute a sneer and I like to pretend I am smarter than everyone because I reject what is popular because it is popular.
I guess all those people inspired by his Meditations are just brainlets then... I wonder who is on that list...

most people here are retarded
and americans are usually shitskins or diapsora

this is the reason you should not conveniently ignore power structures and pretend that they will not form again, even if the world was restarted into an ancap utopia. There have to be counterbalances for power structures which are a natural formation in any social system.
Simply saying I don't like them or I consider them unjust will get you again to a similar system like now, or in all cases something else than muh Nap.