It's done

It's done.

After 20 fucking years, this night is finally over.

Other urls found in this thread:

gamedesign.jp/flash/mahjong/mahjong_e.html
youtube.com/watch?v=223weYs8pnA
mahjong.guide/a-beginners-guide-to-riichi-mahjong/
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-02-12/akagi-mahjong-manga-to-end-in-february-2018-after-27-years/.112151
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

NANTOKA NAREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

RON
RON RON RON RON

It truly was a roundabout path.

Is it foreshadowing if the event in question happened years ago?

Kind of underwhelming, but in a way it makes sense for it to be that way.

It's sad that Akagi and Ten aren't as popular as they should be. All because people are too retarded to learn the rules of Mahjong, which are very simple besides the point counting which doesn't really matter to enjoy it.

>First round of Washizu Mahjong was in 1997
Jesus. 20 years of mahjong against one guy.

Find a place where the chapter is.

On page 3, there is a timeline that compares volumes to what has happened in history.

the image is too large to post.

So, when are we getting S2 of the anime?

>Is it foreshadowing if the event in question happened years ago?
It's not foreshadowing, because Akagi is a prequel.

now we can finally get our proper Washizu spinoff.

get in the lobby girls

>24 episodes focused on a single round

Please don't. Even with the Hell interlude, this shit will drag on so much it'll feel like Endless 8 all over again.

There already is one

Where do I learn jap mahjong so I can enjoy akagi more

gamedesign.jp/flash/mahjong/mahjong_e.html

You don't need to, manga opens with Akagi learning mahjong and spoonfeed you every single detail about every single draw with an excruciating slowness.

And I say that as someone who likes it. It's much more readable in bulk anyway.

It's much less foreshadowing but more of a direct allusion/call forward since Akagi is actually a prequel to Ten.

So what happens now?

Where's the sticky? The boat got one and that was only seven years.

Do you think Fukumoto even remembers what was supposed to happen?

more zero

oh i wish user...
kaiji is weekly though, i think, so if he decides to do more zero, it'd have to be in a monthly magazine? hopefully he doesn't leave us hanging forever...

youtube.com/watch?v=223weYs8pnA

Yeah, sometimes I feel this way as well, but other times I'm kinda glad that fkmt's works aren't as overcrowdedly popular.

Mahjong is a kind of easy to play but hard to master sorta deal imo. It's a shame people write off the series before even giving it a try.

Yeah, I'm glad the artstyle puts off a lot of people. What irks me is that among FKMT fans Kaiji and Kurosawa are so overrated compared to the mahjong manga.

[spolier] when my time comes / ill go as myself [/spoiler] ;_;

who won?

> 25 / 3 / 17 / 4

really?

Just look at this chronology.
Fucking hell.

Kaiji and Kurosawa are both great (the sequel to Kurosawa not as much, though), it's more like the mahjong manga are underrated. Ten is one of Fukumoto's best works, if not the best.

A being overrated compared to B is the same as B being underrated compared to A.

The end of ten was quite a genre switch though

I'm glad that at least the cover of the magazine didn't feature any women for this chapter.

How come it isn't a sticky? this is amazing.

Anyway, it was pretty obvious that it would end like that. Very fitting imo. I just wonder what is next for the series. it has like what, 10 chapters left?

i was so caught off guard how the mahjong suddenly stops and the Heart-wrenching suddenly starts

Kaiji is kind of easy to consume, especially since the anime is so well done, (Or rather, especially since there's no real mahjong)

I do see people liking Kurosawa more often than for instance Ten, but I think this is maybe because Kurosawa can be more relatable?

Kurosawa is more accesible. Not a lot of people want to read 15 volumes of mahjong to get to the last volumes. I'd say it's undoubtedly better, I never really got why people like Kurosawa that much beyond the comedy.

Wasnt kurosawa flavor of the month a few years ago? Meanwhile ten has been translated for fucking ever so nobody reads it other than people that enjoy fkmt in general

The 15 volumes of mahjong are so worth it though... Mostly I see everyone waving around the pagespread with the ant on his hands, and everyone being all shaken.
I don't really know, by the time I read Ten, it was fully scantlated. I really loved it.

>akagi
pshh,who cares about that?where are my boys kaiji and kazuya?

>season 2 never

I don't care that it would be 24 episodes of Washizu mahjong. I just want to hear more of Akagi's voice.

>Wonder how it'll go when it's my turn to die?
It was a good way to go, don't worry

welcome to neo-Sup Forums

Well it's been 5 hours and we still don't even have 50 posts, so Sup Forums doesn't seem to care about it anymore.

orchids??? on his ¿swimsuit?
what a lad

>Sup Forums doesnt care about akagi

i honestly cant believe its over

the last chapter was anticlimatic as fuck I kind of raged but I thought this one was really nice

i'm getting all sentimental

Just wait for mods to notice, im sure it's coming

I'd rather have a Ten adaptation.

Soon I'll be able to kill myself. Soon...

If only if he was here...

Akagi was 20 volumes too long

RON

RON RON

my jaw dropped on this page. such an incredible series. cant wait for all the FKMT threads for the next couple days

Reading Fukumoto without understanding Mahjong is great.
Rereading with understanding of Maahjong is mindblowing.
I thought Hiroyuki was a faggot the first time I read it because I just couldn't follow along his thought process and the only impression I got was that he was wrong about everything, but rereading it I felt sorry for the dude for being the only one who wasn't possessed by bullshit and got excited every time he did something

Seeing super chill old Akagi in his first appearance would be hilarious.

Definitely agree about the rereading after learning more about mahjong! My second time watching the Akagi anime was really an experience... Just staring at the screen like I can't believe he DID that

Someone with more motivation/redrawing experience than me should edit that portion with the grinning-flying Washizu so that it only lists 9/11, the Iraq War, "Japanese citizens abducted by North Korea," and the Akihabara massacre.

FKMT scans probably has psd files that could be easily edited into that.

Good night, sweet prince, and crowds of angels sing thee to thy rest.

mahjong.guide/a-beginners-guide-to-riichi-mahjong/

I enjoyed it, now FKMTKrazy can focus on working quicker on Kaiji

Akagi isn't over yet, this is only the end of the Washizu arc. The manga ends in February 2018

pls b funny joke

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-02-12/akagi-mahjong-manga-to-end-in-february-2018-after-27-years/.112151

Besides Kaiji, do we have any FKMT manga actively being scanlated? Is he even working on anything else?

20 fucking years

No wonder Akagi outlived Washizu.

>tfw no interest in mahjong but insanely fucking love one ups and gambling and smart shit
Kaiji, One Outs, Code Geass, Death Note, fucking anything with smart people and tactics and shit. Will akagi be worth it to slog through learning the basics?

>all those user who died before this chapter

If it helps, knowing mahjong will help you with a number of other mahjong manga as well, or just random mahjong story moments that pop up in whatever you're reading.

Wait what? Did Ten get an anime or something?

Also, STICKY THIS THREAD MODS

You can watch Akagi fine without knowing shit about mahjong

Finally I can get off this merry-go-round

Anybody reading Kaiji? How the hell will he get out of this one?

>inb4 shitting on Liar Game

Fukumoto you crazy autist of a bitch. I bet he's going through a roller coaster of emotions now.
Feels funny it's been already 7 years since I shook hands with him.

I can't believe it's finally over. I still believe in you, Washizu. Please come back to life.

Will we ever see him again?

Will we ever see him again?

Zero is garbage. Ten is top tier most of the time.

Akagi is a guy getting a Royal Flush every single game. You just need to know is that he's extremely lucky.

I can't even comprehend what it would be like to create a single arc for twenty years. Not a story, an arc.

Twenty years

Two decades

People went from the womb, through childhood and became full grown adults

Series like One Piece started and became phenomenons with hundreds of chapters.

The twenty first century was still years away.
The original Playstation was ongoing and getting games when it started. The internet was primitive and hardly used by people at large.

An ARC.

FUCK

I thought his mom was the lady with the black hair and the apron.

Missing Tetsunaki no Kirinji, Mukoubuchi, Naki no Ryuu,

Frankly, it's quite depressing. It just goes to show how relatively recent many of the things we've known and loved are. On an unrelated note, it always makes me laugh when people speak of the successes and failures of changes in society when viewed through the lens of the past ~50 years or so. We have so little time on this Earth, that to declare something a success or failure based on our view of the present seems silly. Even if it is the only way we can view the world.
Polite sage for off-topic.

I hope Kazuya becomes Kaiji's new bro.

God, this was such an amazing ride. I love all of you.

Delaying my suicide was worth it, I can now go off without regrets.

At least wait for the manga itself to end next February, user.

with basic game knowledge, some things the characters do may surprise (and mindblow) you, the more you're familiar with mahjong, the better you can follow the characters' decisions and try to anticipate their actions and future developments before they happen (or don't).

Also, by understanding the game's yaku (how to form them, how much han they're worth, and how is the han limit table, so that you can anticipate how many points a hand is worth), you'll be able to feel more tension from the situations and the heavy, emotionally intense decisions the characters have to make.

holy shit what

what said; this way you'll also understand how this page is psychological torture.

so, akagi with almost half of his blood taken out just stands and leaves the fuckin building ?
nah, no, nope
with his condition right now he shouldn't be able to stand.
Still, it was a good ride, RIP washisu, may you find your 1 pin in heavens

Quite sad how slow this thread is. It'll probably drop off of page 10 without even breaking 150 posts.

What do you think the last arc will be about?

>Ten in average tier

Washizu will come back.