Whats the best gundam series?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l0vCY3I5yxo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Turn A

Wow, she is super tall.

Ibo or thunderbolt

0079 followed by 0080

I genuinely can't bring myself to place any one Gundam series above another with the exception of Reconguista, which was undeniably shit.

Go back to MAL.
>Zeta: 4/10
Jesus fucking Christ

G Gundam, everything else is boring politics or overpowered kids beating adults.

Turn A and Zeta. The Third Movie of 0079 and Char's Counter Attack are almost as good though.

Turn A or Zeta.

G Gundam

Zeta is MAL

>FLCL 1/10

you wanna pick a fight motherfucker?

A broken clock is right twice a day. Even though you are an autistic retard you also realize IBO is dogshit.

How can someone possibly have taste this shitty

This some sort of pasta?

Xabungle, it handles all of the themes of evolution and society better than Gundam. Seriously though, the 0079 movie trilogy and 0080 for the best "realistic" gundams and G Gundam for just being Kung-Fu robot tournament. 00 season 1 is also great. I also have a soft spot for X and Iron Blooded Orphens, but they are more mid level. Turn-A is worth a watch since the cold war angle is an interesting take. AGE gets more flak than it deserves but is still mostly wasted potential (and the worst about harping on "war is bad" too)

No 00, what the shit

Wing duh

this

he gets it

08th MS Team is my favorite, don't know if it's singularly the best though. I'd say it's up there at least.

FLY IN THE SKY

Its a harsh world out there for us 00 fans.

>liking 0079 and 0080 is now considered shitty taste
What went wrong?

0080 is good but hugely over-rated. Also

>Gundam discussion on Sup Forums
No thanks, I'm outta this thread after this post.

It's not that, look at the bottom of the faggot's list
>FLCL 1/10
>Lain 1/10
>08th MS Team 1/10
>Akira 1/10
>Cowboy Bebop 1/10
>Perfect Blue 2/10

You clearly didn't see the rest of the picture.

You have Bebop as a 1. It's a fucking troll list or you're a retard.

>Reddit normalcore getting put in its place
I don't see the problem

>I'm so special because I don't like the actually good shit!
Never change Sup Forums

This is avant garde shitposting.

To be fair 08th MS Team turns to absolute dogshit when it trades a soldier's grunt life theme for a shitty star-crossed very forced "Romeo x Juliet" plot that isn't hyperbole at all here.

0079 is great.
0080 is decent to good.
Prefer 0083 over 08th MS Team.
Hate Unicorn.

Stargazer and EW best OVAs.
AoTB best Gundam movie, only contrarian faggots and normalfags hate ayyylmaoos.
G-Reco a good.
00 a good even if S2 wasn't as good as S1, show never stopped being entertaining.
IBO is up there with AGE's final arc and how absolutely garbage SEED-Destiny was.

Looks like regular shitposting to me.

I don't know, the term "Reddit normalcore" looks pretty avant garde to me.

>Death Note 7/10
>EoE and 2.0 1/10

I know it's bait but god damn

Avant garde a clue!

Certainly not Wing.

Death Note is a pretty solid yet flawed series, meanwhile Eva is just a ripoff of other series, and then a ripoff of itself.

lol

Then you either haven't watched much Gundam or have shit taste

Finally an accurate post

g gundam

Only the original is any good.

Destiny.

Build Fighters.

The first one, ignore the rest.

what's so bad about gunbuster ? not a big fan of it but this scene was awesome
youtube.com/watch?v=l0vCY3I5yxo

Origin

I dropped 00 on episode 40-something because it wasn't very entertaining so I never bothered to finish.

Should I even try another Gundam?

these 3

08th is solid in the first half but really went full retard in the second, also it had the most unnecessary last episode ever

it's not that over-rated though, a lot of people shit on it because they don't think there's enough action

Best UC: Zeta and 0080

Worst UC: ZZ 0079

Best AU: G Gundam

Worst AU: AGE, Destiny

You should try finishing 00 because you're missing out on the best mobile suit in the franchise it's fucking Guncannon

try the original tv series, 0080, or 08th ms team
if you like the original chances are there are things you'll like in the rest of the franchise
0080 is a side story taking place towards the end of the original tv series, it focuses more on characters and doesn't have a whole lotta time focused on mecha action but when it does it's gorgeous and some of the best animation in the franchise
08th is a mixed bag, it's also set during the original series and is another side story. It focuses on a group of slightly elevated grunts rather than one or two full on ace pilots. like said the first half is pretty good but iirc the director or someone involved with the show died part of the way through production

Zeta isn't bad, it just isn't super great. It ends on really strong though, and that's why I remember it so fondly though

*On a really strong note
I suck at proof reading

What would be a good starting point for Gundam? I've never watched any of the series, OVAs or movies.

>What would be a good starting point for Gundam?

the Movie Trilogy

This going to blow your mind, but get ready. You start with the first one, and then watch in production order.

Mobile suit Gundam, 0080 for if you wondered why the mc never got an upgrade
Then 08th Ms so you can get 30% cool military shit and 70% shit
Then zeta

0079 tv is the best intro to the franchise as a whole
Zeta is a sequel to 0079 so don't listen if someone tells you to start there
There are a couple AU series most with their own defining features, a lot of people started with Gundam Wing because it aired on Toonami, I personally got bored of Wing part of the way through and stopped but it's probably not a horrible way to start

Thanks, user.

The tv version of MSG is the starting point both in production and in story so go with that
The movies are an acceptable substitute only for rewatching, you should really watch the tv series first because the movies cut a LOT
Some of the stuff they cut was okay to cut but there is also shittons of character development and nice interactions lost because of it

Surely The Origin is the starting point in the story?

and what does the origin start with? the same beginning of 0079
the ovas are just flashbacks that happen during the origin manga but the origin starts at the same place

SEED?

LOGH

So far I've seen 0079 (great), Zeta (good) and 00 (decent).

THIS HAND OF MINE IS BURNING RED

Easily SEED.

It's also the most popular one.

It's obviously 0080.
Anyone who says otherwise is underage.

Stardust Memory you stupid idiots

00,certain portion of seed,,gundam age or something like that unfinished though is the only gundam series i watched 00 seems to be the best

1. ZZ
2. 0080
3. 00 S1

this, for the lulz and the voice acting

It's Turn A senpai. Followed closely by the original.

G Gundam is best Gundam

08 MS Team, nothing better

Is every Gundam so anti-war as Seed was or is that an anomaly

Gundam is built on showing war is hell (with flashy robot action that makes it look cool as hell).

you forgot your image.

Zeta, 08th MS, IBO

One of these things is not like the others.

>IBO
Not even as a fucking joke.

1. Turn A
2. 0079
3. War in the Pocket

Pretty much all Gundam has some latent "anti-war-isms" in it, but I would say that's just kinda typical of the genre. I don't think most are as overt as Seed was (especially not seed destiny).

if I say Turn A is the best will I fit in too?

Good thing I never watched Destiny then, because the amount of anti-war in Seed was already getting on my nerves especially with how so on the nose it was and relentless

Then I watched 08 MS Team and it was less present there at least, at first, but even then its mostly between two soldiers who want to escape from war not start a mercenary fleet trying to end war by fighting in the war as a third party, it was so stupid.

I watched Seed longer than I watched 08MS Team so maybe I'm not remembering the details exactly right but still

thats literally the purpose of this anime isn't it to show cool robots right ?

Seed and Seed Destiny kinda blend together in my head, so I can't remember how far exactly Seed goes. Destiny is definitely even worse on that front.

UC Gundam certainly isn't nearly as overt and you don't have retarded stuff like disabling enemies without killing them because fighting is bad lol.

this

>don't have retarded stuff like disabling enemies without killing them because fighting is bad lol.

MS Team had a bit of that but damn near everyone dies anyways especially on the medivac ship so that kind of idealistic pacifism the commander engaged in ended up doing nothing anyways.

Also are there any more Gundam shows where the fighting is done in urban environments, using buildings or other terrain as cover? I really love that about 08

WING
no contest

gundam Unicorn

fuck you

Found the fake gundam fans