Why does Kamachi hate her so much?

Why does Kamachi hate her so much?

Other urls found in this thread:

baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=The_Weakness_of_Beatrice_the_Level_Cap_Holy_Swordswoman:Volume4_Chapter_3
baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Toaru_Majutsu_no_Index:NT17_Bonus
dengekibunko.jp/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why would you think that? She isn't even Himegami

You just don't understand the love she get.

>Cool codename
>Out-hacks level 5 that can manipulate machinery at a more fundamental level than any code can
>Has more screen time than most other characters
Kamachi probably has her on a dartboard in his writing room or something, Jesus

Her tech skills are rarely ever utilized in any meaningful or cool ways despite the potential. She could hijack mecha and other shit to fight for her but she gets relegated to eating parfaits all the time.
Also, like others have said she's virtually irrelevant now. Saten had good dark side chapters, Kuroko is now a co-star of a new manga, and Mikoto is doing her thing.

Is Awaki the strongest level 4?

Takitsubo is. The #2 looked at her boyfriend funny so she reduced him from indestructible infinite monstrosity machine to a literal fucking insect. A few years ago the jap fanbase had a "potential level 5 takitsubo" near the top of their powerlevels and they were dead on the money. She'd render espers entirely obsolete.

Reminder that Kakine is alive on the bottom of the Tokyo Bay. She only twisted a part of him. She'd be a lot more dangerous if she could actually do that

Eating parfaits > not ever appearing
I agree that she's wasted but so are most Raildex characters. It really fucking annoys me that Kamachi can write characters that (I think, at least) are really likeable, then leaves them in limbo forever.

He leaves them in limbo as it makes the world more realistic if most characters don't revolve around Touma like he's the center of the universe.

Aye, and he's going to hijack all of the shit that various characters have been using dark matter for, get a flashback volume and then have that up-close and personal conversation with the pisstube man that he's always been looking for, isn't he?

Kakine is never going to talk to Aleister it's a running gag at this point. The rest would be nice but we are going to see him again at least.

I agree that that's more realistic but I wish that he would spread out from Touma again. The series really needs a magic side protagonist or two. Not that I dislike Touma, the idea that all villains are on an inevitable collision course with Touma's fist really appeals to me for some reason.

ABSOLUTELY USELESS POWER

>Kakine is never going to talk to Aleister it's a running gag at this point.
Even though I joked about it in that post, I think Kakine's still probably in the top 5 ways I'd like to see Aleister go. The Keikaku man being killed by a neglected element of his secondary Keikaku would be satisfying if handled well.

>Needing a useful power
Check out this fucking level minus Skill-out loser.

>Out-hacks level 5 that can manipulate machinery at a more fundamental level than any code can
Didn't she just destroy the whole thing so Mikoto wouldn't be able to get what she wanted?

>Aleister's motivation might be revealed in full in around 10 days
What would it have to be to make you drop the series?

>the idea that all villains are on an inevitable collision course with Touma
But that's dumb. I like that Touma is known in universe to have a sort of area around him where he can cause people to be saved and that outside that area people are liable to die so it's something people can work around (Kihara Kagun) or work with (Tsuchimikado). Touma has an influence on the world wherever he goes, but the rest of the world if they stay out of his sphere of influence should be able to do their own thing, and we see that as many characters will flit into view and then disappear from it.

I do agree that more novels like OT15/19 NT4 or the SS volumes would be appreciated, but when Touma is on screen it's better I would think to see only those that live with him being constant presences and everyone else is happened upon if they're in the area.

>Aleister is Index's first "keeper" and all he wants is to restore her memories of him and free her of her burden.

I can't think of a motivation that would make me drop the series, because the dumber the motivation is the more outlandish the backstory Kamachi will have to make to justify it and I'll still want to see that.

He dedicated his life to destroying magic because his daughter was killed by a magic roller coaster.

Hiiiii Aleistah

>one of Chuuya's favorite girls
>Chuuya couldn't even adapt her thoughts after getting exploded by Oriana
Fucking hell. ;_;

His editor forced him to skip her volume too.

This would be the greatest thing ever
Don't try to deny it

Something petty as fuck would be great.

>often always in the background illustration in school scenes in NT
>complete disappears after Mie is introduced

FUCKING HELL. In his youth, the the High-Priest was but a humble travelling carnie, bringing joy to children around the world. One day little Lilith Crowley wanted to ride his ferris wheel and when it went wrong, his life was forever changed.

>The book of the law got a bad review in the Anglican Times circa 1890

>It's dumb
Totally agree

In the context of the way the the three protagonists used to work, it was interesting the way that Touma used a very specific local power to save the entire world and Accel used an insane, global power to save those specifically important to him. Hamazura didn't quite fit in that (using no power to save some?) but that in itself fit with his character (defying the universe around him)..

I just wish it would go back to something similar to that.

well said, good stuff

Kamisato was a mistake.

Imagine how great it must be to be a level 4 in AC.
>not powerful enough to be targeted by the dark side and big players, unlike level fives
>yet strong enough to defend yourself, unlike levels 3 and lower
>everyone looks up to you yet you're not in the spotlight

Level 4's are the real winners.

>yfw you can still recall a time before Misaki was just a character referenced by Touma and Misaka
Where have the days gone?

I'm not sure I agree totally. I remember describing Kamisato as a "potentially good antagonist" back at the end of NT13 and he didn't quite live up to it but he definitely nailed his role as the destroyer of he Magic Gods. The idea that Kamachi's rock-paper-scissors power levels works for even those at the top of the pyramid was good. I still feel he and his harem got too many volumes for what they were though. I think Yuiiitsu is probably the real "mistake". but the fact that Kamachi left her somewhat open brings me hope that she can be redeemed in a post-NT arc. I'd probably settle for Aleister's arc ending NT (and maybe the entire thing?) at this point though.

I just realized, LO probably also died in the VO crossover before the story began

If she did then Accel took that pretty damn well considering.

Yeah, I could have accomplished the same thing with a baseball bat. She completely trashed the whole system and probably cost the city millions of dollars.

Alot of the Level 4s are part of dark side experiments, it's just not pretty much all of them like it is with the Level 5s.

My sides

It might suck if it was super generic. Something like "the world is cruel so i'll make a fair world" or something like that. I doubt anything can get me to drop the series at this point though, i'm sort of committed.

I kinda liked his debut and the whole anti-IB concept behind him, but I still find him an insufferable backstabbing hypocrite.
I've yet to read NT17 but I find Yuiitsu a far more likeable character.

Not really

Gooood

Did those page pictures get translated?

NT17 SS?

I think that is what it was

Not yet translated

what does the SS stand for?

sugoi saten
short story

Schutzstaffel

I hate that touma is the center of the universe like he's some god while other characters are meh compared to his OP powers

Dude forcefields

New Light spinoff any day soon

>Aleister has been doing everything because he wants a world where his daughter never needs to get involved with magic again.

But thats a good motivation

It would be pretty dumb to go though all this manipulation and keikaku for something like that in my book.

super sport

Everything is coming
very soon

Honestly I"m kind of waiting for the Aleister-Laura team up.

baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=The_Weakness_of_Beatrice_the_Level_Cap_Holy_Swordswoman:Volume4_Chapter_3

baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Toaru_Majutsu_no_Index:NT17_Bonus

You are now in charge of giving Uiharu a mini-arc that gives a boost to her relevance and popularity.
Which character(s) should she team up with? What should they do?

Uiharu knows too much
shut it down

Holy shit Uiharu is redpilled.

Well fuck me now I'm even more hyped for NT18.

more stuff like this

>Uiharu is redpilled
>Thats why Aleister sent her to HO
all makes sense now.

>She's not getting any scenes because she knows too much
Now it makes sense.

If the flowers are Uiharu, could the body actually be Aleister?

Learning how to use Stephanie's light machine shotgun.

Because she knows too much

>Will appeared as a flower
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I could ask the same of her

ITEM
They should rescue the kidnapped Fremea and Saten.

Kamachi doesn't hate her. She should be grateful that she was immortalized as a top meme character rather than being discarded like the dozens of other blonde sluts this series has.
>Item
You mean just Saiai? Everyone else would be knee deep in shit assuming dream ranker transitions to WW3.

Careful, I got a 24hr ban last thread for doing the "AAAAA" thing.

>Maybe so.” Uiharu tilted her head. “Hmm. But it resolves so clearly into these two extremes. On the one hand, a great witch in a magical kingdom. On the other, an immortal hooked up to a machine. Surely this doesn’t mean people like that are waging a secret war behind the scenes of the real world.”

Uiharu kind of knows more about how fucked Touma is than he does. That's amazing.

>You mean just Saiai? Everyone else would be knee deep in shit assuming dream ranker transitions to WW3.
Then Neo Hound Dog is holding a hacker tryout with Goalkeeper invited.

>Saiai, Measure Heart, and Uiharu
I'd be down for that. Someone's gotta defend AC from internal threats while all the hotshots are out of town.

>ban evasion
Careful user. We're nice but you cant get the same treatment if a newfag comes along.

It expired, but thanks user.

>A great witch in a magical kingdom: Laura

>On the other, an immortal hooked up to a machine: Aleister

>The editorial department’s official site is the fastest way to get the latest information

What does this refer to?

Dengeki online? Kamachi site? Or what?

Probably Dengeki.

I liked Yuiitsu as a character, but I thought she was the Science Side's equivalent to Vento in terms of stupid motivations.

>"Doge-sensei died! Now instead of specifically targeting the little fucker who did it, I'm going to have a shit fit everywhere and fuck up as much shit as I can!"

It's Aleister's fault for letting it happen

She is a Kihara, so there's really no such thing as stupid motivation. It's all just another reason to go all SCIENCE! on people.

We always get our latest preview at the Dengeki Bunko site for the fastest information many times.

Plus, we also get the first few pages preview spoilers firsthand in this official website too.

> Paper media takes time to publish
This refers to the book release date.

The Dengeki online first few pages spoilers always fall a few days before the release date of the books.

dengekibunko.jp/

(Sorry for my broken English.)

Nah, Kamachi doesn't hate her. If anything, it's the opposite. She keeps fucking showing up and being referenced so many years later after she already died in OT15.

I'm waiting for Kamachi to top it off with the reveal that she was Touma's childhood friend.

Frenda had an entire NT novel dedicated to her memory. That's a lot more than so many other Raildex characters could even hope to achieve.

Zombie cyborg/clone Frenda's revenge when?

There is one question always appearing in my mind from time to time: what is the Number Six's power?
Sick of waiting, I decided to try to make an educated guess on what could possible be his power.
First, I'll present information we already know about Aihana Etsu or other useful information to guess what is his power.
Next, I'll decide upon a possible candidate for his powers based on presented information while cutting down the unlikely powers.

Let me start:
-It must be strong enough to defeat an army. Every level 5 has a power capable of dealing with an army, even Misaki has that capability with her mind manipulation skills.
-It must be less useful for research than the Esper Powers of the top 5 Level 5. This means it is more useless for research than Mental Out.
-It might be comparable to Mental Out in some way, like how Accelerator and Dark Matter oppose each other, or how Railgun and Meltdowner are similar but different.
-It might be stronger than some of the other powers above it, maybe even stronger than Railgun. The ranking system isn't about strength.
-It is probably totally useless in a fight against Touma, though. Useless enough to make Rensa 28 avoid using it against him. Maybe there is a catch, like being strong but too slow.
-It is still good enough of a power to save people, considering what was said by the Bonecrusher during NT12.
-It might be something dreaded, considering the reaction of some people during NT12. Like something that could infect you with diseases or along these lines.
-It might be able to help the user hide details about himself, considering many people seem to be unaware how he looks like or even his gender.
-It might help the user avoid being encountered even by the people who know his identity, as implied by the Railgun manga.
-There might be some comparison between it and Saint Germain's power, considering the parallels happening during NT12.

To be continued...

-It might be a power capable of defeating GUTSboy, if Bonecrusher actually knows what he is talking about.
-It might allow him to get information easily, as he didn't appear to be surprised by the call during NT10 like the other Level 5s.
-There might be some reason why he gives his name to others.
-In the conclusion of the arc, Kihara Noukan states that "the Level 5s gathered in one place".
This here might be a huge hint about how his power works, I think. We know Misaki was probably correct about the Number Six appearing being an imposter.
If that is the case, and if we believe Noukan is also correct when he said they were in one place and he wasn't fooled by the imposter than we can make some interesting conclusions.
-Lastly: His name is Aihana Etsu, the hint might be there. Aihana means Blue flower, Etsu means pleasure or joy.
From wikipedia: A blue flower (German: Blaue Blume) is a central symbol of inspiration. It stands for desire, love, and the metaphysical striving for the infinite and unreachable. It symbolizes hope and the beauty of things.
In some cultures, blue roses are traditionally associated with "blue" royal blood, and thus the blue rose can also denote regal majesty and splendor. Due to the absence in nature of blue roses they have come to symbolise mystery and longing to attain the impossible, with some cultures going so far as to say that the holder of a blue rose will have his/her wishes granted.
C.S. Lewis, in his autobiographical book, Surprised By Joy, references the "Blue Flower" when speaking of the feelings of longing that beauty ellicited when he was a child of six. He associates it with the German word sehnsucht, and states that this intense longing for things transcendent made him "a votary of the Blue Flower."
Sehnsucht is a German noun translated as "longing", "pining", "yearning", or "craving", or in a wider sense a type of "intensely missing".

To be continued...

Aihana is probably science side saint germaine yo. That's how so many people become him without actually knowing what the real one looks like or his powers. It is similar to Misaki possessing people. Also like germaine it is nearly incomprehensible and thus not something Crowley can really utilize.

We already have science/magic equivalents like Gunha/ollerus, Thor/kill point

Some psychologists use the word sehnsucht to represent thoughts and feelings about all facets of life that are unfinished or imperfect, paired with a yearning for ideal alternative experiences. It has been referred to as “life’s longings”; or an individual’s search for happiness while coping with the reality of unattainable wishes.
In 1902, Charles Scribner's Sons published "The Blue Flower", a collection of short stories by Henry Van Dyke, the first two of which, "The Blue Flower" and "The Source" refer to the blue flower as a symbol of desire and hope, and the object of the narrator's search.
German author Novalis used the symbol in his unfinished Bildungsroman, entitled Heinrich von Ofterdingen. After contemplating a meeting with a stranger, the young Heinrich von Ofterdingen dreams about a blue flower which calls to him and absorbs his attention.
In the book Heinrich von Ofterdingen the blue flower symbolises the joining of human with nature and the spirit so the understanding of nature and coincident of the self is growing.

Now, with all that said, heere is my theory on his power:
Going by his name I'm thinking it is something nature-based, at least. Probably not something purely physical, if it is actually able to deal with Gunha it might be something less combative like Mental Out. It must be capable of dealing with an army, so I doubt it is something as simple as becoming invisible, although his powers could possibly allow him to do something like that. I don't think it is a coincidence that both Aihana Etsu and Blue Flowers are supposed to be mysterious, but I think the longing part is more important. Maybe his power could help the wishes of others come true? Bonecrusher did say he could use his powers to save others.
However, let us jump that part for now and go straight to the last information. Novalis's book might be a good basis for what I think his power actually is:
The power to become one with nature.

To be continued...

Using his name doesn't seem to actually give you any powers though.

The part saying the blue flower symbolizes the joining of human with nature makes me think it is something assimilative, fitting for the parallels with Saint Germain. Besides, Saint Germain also had plant-like patterns involving their power.
A power capable of joining him with Nature would also explain why Rensa didn't use this power against Touma. Doesn't look like it would be effective when he could probably deny it quickly with his Imagine Breaker. The process of joining with Nature could also be too slow, as well.
Being able to literally join with nature would make you pretty hard to find, I think. Would explain how no one can find him: he could easily hide himself using his power to join with nature.
If can somehow manipulate Nature after joining with it then I can see why he would be able to defeat an army.
Why would a power to join and manipulate Nature be less useful than Mental Out? It makes perfect sense. Being able to manipulate other people's midn in AC looks far more useful than being able to manipulate a forest or whatever.
It also makes for neat parallels between Aihana Etsu and Misaki: She can manipulate the mind of other beings, meanwhile Aihana manipulates the scenario where they live.
Interior Manipulation vs Exterior Manipulation.
If he can join with Nature then being able to hide wouldn't be that hard. He is seeing all the elements involved in any event and can easily predict outcomes with them, allowing him to guess the guys from Daihasei Festival where going to search for him and erase his traces before they could find him.

I'm not saying this is his power, I'm just saying I think it is possible. That's all.
I could elaborate more, but I'm tired. That is all for now, I'll keep looking into more angles for what his power could be in the future.