What is the best anime player?

What is the best anime player?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/rossy/mpv-install/blob/master/README.md
answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/choose-a-default-in-system-settings/8aa3deba-eb25-4201-825a-ddcac94167d8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Kissanime

Windows Media Player.

Windows: MPC-HC
Linux: MPV
Mac OS: Dildo Player

quicktime

baka.bt

MPC-HC for Windows and mpv for Loonix. Any other answer is just wrong.

How about this?

>not reading the subs in notepad and leaving the scene to you imagination

Fucking casuals.

YouTube

whoa

>not using mpv+madvr

wew

gogoanime or 9anime

VHS

RealPlayer

MPC but the only other one I've tried is VLC so I'm not really in a position to make an informed decision

>not watching the live action movie instead

Fucking reddit

is this even possible

>he doesn't put noise canceling headphones and a blindfold on and just put his hands on the speakers and feel the vibrations of anime

the one I'm using

I'm still hooked on VLC.

mpv with default config.

>not kisscartoon

Plebian

Chrome

Impressive

What's wrong with using MPV on windows?

Oh shit, I accidentally quads

hexdump

Mpv. Now fuck off.

Gom ?

nightly MPC-HC + madVR + XySubFilter

Guys, video player threads go in Sup Forums

chrome
kodi

First time I've ever seen anyone besides me post the bomi logo, but this.

>MPV with a GUI
>no need to install madVR, xy-vsfilter, LAV-Filters and shit every time you reinstall your OS
>no bugging Sup Forums for keybinding scripts
>no RENDERING FONT CACHE

I use PotPlayer

VLC is the only answer

MPC for Windows, VLC for Android.

COOL VIBRATIONS

noice

I WANNA DANCE

My nigga

Eh, I still use the MPC build from CCCP.

MPV is very lightweight and simple to use but still delivers fast performance and high quality.
MPC is highly customizable with similar performance but is significantly more heavy, requiring an actual install as opposed to MPV's simple "folder with DLLs and an exe in it".
VLC is fucking mammoth and is also bad with an unnecessarily complicated UI and heavy load on your CPU.

Who Films & TV here?

I use that and microsoft EDGE

HA HA HA HA HA

>not using the Crunchyroll Metro App
fucking pleb

>Not watching anime on blu-ray while sitting on your couch in the living room like god intended

the question is user, what blu-ray player should I use to watch my Mongolian Cave Paintings?

where I can find GUIs for mpv?

So many cucks in this thread, use mpv you plebs.

the included one is fine. Just use keyboard shortcuts like God intended.

>Not lurking on post of animes you've never seen and just repost the same comments in other threads.

Literal tumblr.

I kind of like the vanilla GUI but I was wondering if maybe I can find something that shows milliseconds too, but it's fine like this

I'm on Linux Mint and I just use the default install of SMplayer. Everything works fine.

>not ripping your BDs onto your Plex server and streaming them from it to any device in your home

BD players are so clunky and slow

madvr is gimmicky filter shit.

Streaming

Just click on the time code on the left to get milliseconds as well. You can also click on the time code on the right to make it a countdown instead of a total.

>actually showing milliseconds
best player so far. how can I set mpv as default player for windows? it looks like I can't on windows 10

There are only a few in development, most being literally who Linux only projects on Sourceforge. Even the largest one, CMPlayer/Bomi, hasn't had an Ubuntu package since Vivid and is slowly dying.

ok ok I found the solution github.com/rossy/mpv-install/blob/master/README.md

Settings>Apps & Features>Default Apps

mpv can do anything you want, you can place config files in "%appdata%/mpv" (paste that into file explorer address bar). If you don't have an /mpv folder you can create it.

Here you can put your config files and lua scripts for autoloading playlists, automatically fetching subtitles(I use this for TV stuff).

mpv.conf controls player stuff and input.conf as keybinds. You can find the default example conf files and lua scripts that you need on the github page

smplayer or gnome-mpv. I wouldn't trust GUIs to handle mpv settings, so I'd still edit the config file manually.

thanks for all the info (I actually moved mpv in Program Files but maybe I have to move it in %appdata% to prevent perms issues)

Actually this is the problem I had answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/choose-a-default-in-system-settings/8aa3deba-eb25-4201-825a-ddcac94167d8 but I solved with a bat file from mpv author (I think) on github

Meant to reply to

I just watch them on my tv

The mpv.exe and dlls folder can live wherever you like.

The %appdata% folder is purely for config files and scripts

I often see people using the &appdata% folder for portable programs or for stuff that does not require a wizard to install

Is this good for chink cartoons?

profile=opengl-hq
scale=ewa_lanczossoft
cscale=ewa_lanczos
sigmoid-slope=10.0
hwdec=auto-copy
video-sync=display-resample

Can't comment on that, I just know that by default the Windows builds look for conf files in "%appdata%/mpv/" by default. Whereas Linux builds look in "~/.config/mpv/" by default.

Just use the terminal you normie

VLC is garbage, mpv's UI looks like a streaming website. MPC-HC is the only choice. Anything else is garbage and doesn't deserve to be talked about.

how does mpv behave with chapters? sometime with dvdrips or blurayrips there are chapters available I can use to skip to the opening or the ending of the episode. does mpv support chapters?

Yes

Daum

I also use a Korean Botnet.

I use MPC-BE. HC looks shit by comparison.

Pretentious.
Who?
Normal human beings.
Edgelords.
Retards.

Why are you making the same thread on Sup Forums?

Depends on your specs.

GOM.

VLC has worked wonders for me.

i5 7600k + 1060

I'm weird

I have potplayer (full korean version) with SVP, LAV filters, and madvr.

all 64 bit, directx 12 support, allowing laptop gpu rendering, works well on battery, 60 fps with SVP, good sub support with potplayer (and the ability to export settings so all you have to do is install software and move the reg files) and good rendering/ scaling for both anime and movies with madvr.

Fpbp

MX Player

>SVP

>UI
Who fucking cares?

Don't joke about that, i never want to experience the anime on VHS days again.

Wait, you're saying I can watch these files?

I thought the point of downloading .FLAC was to save anime for future generations who live in an era where technology would allow for true video playback.

Can we also unfreeze Walt Disney's head yet?

literally nothing wrong with using vlc

Windows: MPC-HC
Android: MX Player Pro
iOS: ???????

Those are just mkv files

Using linux and not caring because the stock mplayer or gstreamer based program just werks